Cedars Steakhouse - Foxwoods Resort Casino
39 Norwich Westerly Road
Ledyard, CT 06339Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Cedars Steakhouse - Foxwoods Resort Casino
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.foxwoods.com/
- Phone: (800) 369-9663x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Edward Allen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room available upon request with Restaurant Manager.
- Private Party Contact: Restaurant Manager 8603124252x
A word from Cedars Steakhouse - Foxwoods Resort Casino
Cedars Steakhouse Chefs use the best ingredients including the finest beef, poultry and freshest local seafood to serve a variety of American classics in a contemporary environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cedars Steakhouse - Foxwoods Resort Casino reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)romantic (16)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- sunday diner specialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Good price for two people we were a little late and they gave us a booth which we had asked forSpecial Features:
- Food and service were excellent.RichLDined on 9/13/2014Cedars is in the casino so I did not know what to expect. The service was excellent. The food was very good. Very impressed. A little on the pricey side but with the great service and food it was well worth it.Special Features:
- What more can I say.....JimperatoVIPDined on 9/10/2014Best French Onion Soup on the planet. The steamed lobster was tender and juicy. So far our best restaurant at Foxwoods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cedars is goodBrinzyDined on 9/9/2014Like most steak houses in casino resorts, Cedars is on the expensive side. However, an unadvertised bargain is what is called the 2 for $75 menu. It is limited in options, and portions are a bit smaller (that is fine with me) but a great option. You get soup or salad, a choice from three or four entrees, and dessert. Two people, $75. Almost always order this option. Ask for it. If you don't ask it will not be offered.Special Features:
- Skip itDiningfunVIPDined on 9/6/2014Unless you have Foxwoods points to use, save your money. Over priced menu, slow service no ambiance. I guess we were expecting a true steak house. Very disappointing.
- Awesome FoodGalpdawgDined on 8/18/2014This visit I had the cedar plank salmon and a friend had the organic chicken. Both were awesome, the malbec wine was fantastic. Great atmosphere and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticJoeVDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I dined here on August 17th and found the service and food to be excellent. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014The food and drinks were wonderful. The service was very good. The atmosphere was nice. I just felt it was extremely expensive. For 2 of us it was a bill of $250. We had 2 drinks, 1 app., and 2 entrees. No desert. Won't be going back anytime soon with those prices even with all the good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not recommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We visit Foxwoods often and do not have a wampum card for privacy. The au jou that came along with the prime rib was like water. Our waiter Ramon mumbled, we could barely understand what the specials were, we had to as him to repeat. He charged us the wrong amount for the bottle of wine we ordered, and was not attentive at all. The bread was dropped on our table. Overall the prime rib and filet were ok, we will stick with dining at Burkes for steak when we dine at Foxwoods.
- Great Food, Super ServiceJepchampDined on 8/12/2014This was an all-around wonderful dining experience. The food was excellent, and the service was spot-on. Our server, Diana, was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. I cannot think of anything that would have improved our experience; it truly was perfect. Bravo!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experience 5 starsSteakLoverDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dining experience. Everything from reservations, table service, and restaurant management was wonderful. We enjoyed our appetizer, my wife enjoyed her meal, drinks etc., and for the most part everything was wonderful with the exception of the Aged Rib-eye steak that I ordered. It was cooked perfectly, but it was lacking in it tenderness. Although it was cooked medium rare to perfection. I casually mentioned it to the server who promptly notified the manager anyway. Another example of the quality dining place this truly is. I explained the situation. Regardless, I know that this is a top notch restaurant and we will definitely be going back to give it another try.Special Features:
- Outstanding ExperiencezanmiaDined on 8/8/2014Cedars Steakhouse is an EXCELLENT place to go if you want an OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE the next time (and EVERY time) you go there!! The food was DELICIOUS and more than ample in portion size. I had stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer. They were stuffed with sausage and very tasty.The French onion Soup was EXCELLENT! The Prime Rib was Medium Rare the way I ordered it and melt in your mouth tender. The waitstaff was PHENOMENAL especially the hostess Alyssa!! She is as sweet as she is adorable. She is also fun loving and willing to join in the fun.Special Features:
- Pricey but goodTimGallantDined on 8/3/2014Great pork and Swordfish... the side dishes are full meals!! Try the tequila chicken spring rolls for an app.Special Features:
- Fantastic!TubateachDined on 8/1/2014Steaks were cooked perfectly to order. Service was attentive without rushing us and took the time to answer any questions we had. Very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is a real winner!BooleyDined on 7/26/2014Made a reservation with my boyfriend for our anniversary. He is a steak lover, me a vegetarian. I didn't see anything vegetarian on the menu and was expecting to eat just usual side dishes, but I figured id just ask the waitor if they had a vegetarian menu. He says he would inquire and the manager came over to our table within minutes and asked me "what can we make for you?" Even asked all my dietary restrictions and offered a custom pasta/vegetable dish. Unbelievable! And very very delicious. Oh and my boyfriend said his steak (porterhouse) was perfect. I was impressed at level of care and service here. Definitely recommend Cedars to anyone at Foxwoods. It's a real winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and High Quality FoodOffNightDined on 7/18/2014Have visited the casino many times but never considered this place. We will be dinning here several times over...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, a little snobbyMilpitasDined on 7/15/2014Although the food was quite good and the service was fine, there was a sense of snobbishness there. We're used to upscale dining, and this is good-to-very-good. But compared to Al Dente in the same complex and price-range, it's a bit too "snooty" for my comfort (especially the greeters/seaters in front of house). Al Dente is just a bit friendlier.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014My hubby and I were looking for a reasonable (price wise) steakhouse to celebrate his birthday. All I can say is for $170 bill I should have just added 100 more and would of had a much more enjoyable meal at the other steakhouse on site. Both the food and service were horrible. If I were offered a complimentary meal there I would not take it. Lesson learned and money wasted.
- Good FoodsmileswpiDined on 7/4/2014Enjoyed the meal and the waiter was very friendly. Really enjoyed the french onion soup and prime rib.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!BigLigDined on 7/3/2014I was craving a good ribeye and the ribeye I received blew my expectations away!! No complaints at all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/1/2014lobster bisque excellent. steaks came out very medium well when ordered medium rare...upon mentioning it they were sent back and correctly cooked ones returned. Lobster not cracked well enough despite mentioning before hand that i have trouble opening them, water glasses filled too often and were very drippy. despite making a reservation through open table and noting it was a birthday dinner no on knew until i mentioned it at the end of dinner. our server gave us a piece of cake to go. was hoping for much better attention to detail for this dinner that with tip came to just about $200. this was our only chance to have dinner together this summer due to his work schedule during the summer. he works 16 hours a day 7 days a week :(
- Anniversary DinnerbrenrayDined on 6/12/2014Ambiance, service, food and wine was perfect for a special dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth itcc529Dined on 6/8/2014It took 3 hours for our table of 4 people to dine here. The restaurant was quite empty so there was no excuse. The steak was under cooked and the smores cake was not efible and the sangria was disgusting. Save your money and dine elsewhere. For almost $300 it wasn't worth it at all.
- Since the renovationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014This was our favorite place until this last stay. The place was loud and there were people standing all over the entrance / bar area. They should have a separate room for parties, the drunks are too loud. This is the second time we sat next to a large party and both times the groups were drunk and real loud. You just want to get out of the restaurant because the noise echoes. This is the second time the place was this full and the food was no so good. The seafood was over cooked, dried out and rubbery. I think they are not taking the care needed because they were so busy.
- Excellent steak, reasonable prices.AngrycomocmanDined on 5/24/2014The porterhouse steak and lobster tails were excellent. As were the stuffed mushrooms and the berries with white chocolate mousse. A little loud. But that is kind of expected in the casino atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!!allfour1Dined on 5/24/2014Cedars was my all time favorite when visiting Foxwoods. I would go 2-3 times a year over the past 12 years. Well i'm not sure what happened to the food but it was not as expected. I ordered my usual lobster bisque. It was bland at best and not a piece of lobster to be had. For my dinner I had the 10oz filet special with 2 jumbo stuffed shrimp ($65.00). Everything was tasteless right down to the drawn butter and Bearnaise. My wife ordered the prime rib. She likes the end cut. It was like a chunk of fat. I have been to a lot of upscale Steakhouses and never have been disappointed. I don't think I can go back to Cedars. If going to Foxwoods, I would highly suggest Prime Steakhouse. I have been there 3 times and it gets better every time.
- The following 28 reviews are from the Cedars Steakhouse - Foxwoods Resort Casino reviews archive.
- another excellent visitwatersideVIPDined on 5/18/2014we have dined at cedars many times prior and have always been pleased. the service is very good. everyone is attentive, knowledgeable, professional and pleasant!! the salads and meals were very good! their booths are great and provide for a quiet, private dining experience. this particular visit the restaurant was REALLY cold though!! once again, we enjoyed our meal and service at cedars. will certainly return!!
- Good Porterhouse-But so what!PilkertonDined on 5/17/2014Cedar's is nice with good food but over priced for the quality level. On my last trip I was served in the bar where I got a steak for $42. equivalent to an Outback Steakhouse steak priced at less than half that. This time we had a nice porterhouse in the dining room. We liked it. The steak was cooked nicely and everything else was good as well with OK service. I would also caution that drinks are pricey and served short i.e. a Grey Goose on the rocks which seemed to be a one ounce pour. Geez, I mean I got a better drink free in the slots area. The manager, Sean, seemed to keep an attentive eye out and even asked if our meal was OK. So, overall it was good, we could return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014THE TEMPERATURE WAS WAY TOO COLD TO BE COMFORTABLE. MY WIFE WAS TRYING TO WARM HER HANDS OVER THE CANDLE AND BY SITTING ON THEN. ALSO THE TABLE NEXT TOO US HAD A GROUP OF SIX LOUD AND VULGAR PEOPLE CURSING ALMOST EVERY SENTENCE AND THE WOMEN LAUGHING LIKE CRAZY HYENIAS. ALL APPARENTLY NOT NOTICED BY THE STAFF AS NO ONE REQUESTED THEM TO TONE IT DOWNSpecial Features:
- weekend get awayCmistDined on 5/17/2014Made planes to catch up with some friends and have dinner at Cedars last weekend during a quick getaway. Took us in promptly at our reservation time. Pleasant, smiling front of house staff. Nice table at the window, outstanding service staff and a tremendous meal. Having tried Cedars [had not been in a couple of years] on our last visit to CT a few months ago, not much more to say we have re-discovered Cedars. It is our new [old] favorite restaurant at Foxwoods.Special Features:
- I love the relaxed feelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/27/2014This restaurant was really nice the hostess and servers were very pleasent and professional. The restaurant was not busy when we went on a Sunday night but the steak was tough and the lobster tail I got was very dry. Very disappointed in the food.Special Features:
- Cedar'smcooganDined on 4/26/2014Food was excellent - however for the money the portion size was skimpy. Server was seated three tables at the same time so our service was very slow.Special Features:
- try a different placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/29/2014They didn't have a table ready for us due to booking online. With this being the issue we were put in a made up table right by the kitchen or I should say right next to the kitchen not even in the restaurant. At one point we had to complain because a few of the wait staff were playing with bubble wrap so loudly and being obnoxious. Also our waitress after this never once came to see if our food was cooked correctly or if it was ok, luckily it was because. We saw her again just to give us our check. Very poor service!Special Features:
- Lamb at CedarsKayTVIPDined on 2/25/2014My husband had the lamb which was very tender, melted in your mouth. I highly recommend this as well as the steaks. The meat is much better than the seafood, but it is all worth a try. The wait staff is wonderful, very eager to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayExcellentVIPDined on 2/22/2014Seated in a way way way back room (no ambiance) and seated next to a large party of 14 and a tray stand used for dirty dishes. For the price the food was only ok, not bad, but not great :( Steaks were bland.
- Expected better steakPokerPlayerDined on 2/16/2014I went with the ribeye steak in the dining room. More expensive than the lounge ($45 vs $39). Think it was because dining room has the bone and larger cut. Also ordered a stuffed baked potato. Waitress said they didn't have a "stuffed", just one with bacon toppings. Steak was cooked medium rare so didn't have any complaints about that but the meat just wasn't "melt in your mouth" good. I've had good ribeye steaks for around the same price which was better. Plus the baked potato had a tough, crispy shell. Perhaps cooked too much? I won't be going back. Will probably give David Burke's Prime Steakhouse a shot next time.
- Still going strongJcharmDined on 2/6/2014We've been coming to cedars for years! It never disappoints. Great steaks and meals, goes along with super service. It's our favorite place at Foxwoods. Excellent lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and theMarkDined on 1/17/2014The food was great and the service was even better!! George D. wasn't our waiter but was extremely helpful and attentive to us all evening. It was a pleasure dining there and I will come again next time I'm at Foxwoods.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencegrandma3Dined on 1/15/2014The staff was very attentive. We had a very relaxing meal. I highly recommend the salmonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we have dined at cedar's numerouswatersideVIPDined on 1/13/2014we have dined at cedar's numerous times and have always been pleased. the staff is professional, pleasant and attentive!! the service is unrushed and their booths are cozy and private. salads and entrees were all delicious!! will be back!!I would recommend this to a friend.