330 State St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93101Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.casablancasb.com/
- Phone: 8058458966
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 9:00am - close
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Casa Blanca
Casa Blanca is a mexican restaurant and cantina located in Santa Barbara.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Casa Blanca - Best Restaurants in Santa Barbara ›
Casa Blanca reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Great eats and drinksdpdaveDined on 9/19/2014Had a great time with my fiancee celebrating our anniversary. Great food and drink.Special Features:
- Need to improve wait staffneedwaitstaffDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter came over after we were seated for 5 minutes to "introduce himself". He left off chips and salsa and said "I'll be back to get your drink order". 10 minutes or more later, he reappeared for the drink order. He immediately brought the glass of water ordered but it was 15 minutes before the wine appeared. He then took our order and we never saw him again. We got a water refill from a waitress and finally got her to bring the check. Not a good experience. I saw other reviews about this same problem, so I should have know to not go.
- Request patioSteadfastbuckVIPDined on 7/25/2014The best way to eat here is on the patio, sipping margaritas by the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend in Santa BarbaravalentinevegasDined on 7/5/2014Great patio dining. We were seated promptly. I've had better Mexican food. Felt rushed by waiter to turn the table.
- Santa Barbara surprizeAecsedyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Great little spot. Had no idea it would that great. Service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 57 reviews are from the Casa Blanca reviews archive.
- Fantastic!Luv2DineVIPDined on 6/20/2014We had a wonderful dinner! The food was delicious and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- casa blanca--noisy but funPBJetsonDined on 6/14/2014Very good food. A tad pricey. Interior was vibrant and attractive, but lack of sound deadening materials ( all tile and glass) made it a very noisy restaurant. Verging on unacceptable, the nooise makes the place totally wrong for a couple's romantic date. But our group, as well a number of other groups, felt the noise level adddd to the feel of a restaurant wide party. Service was excellent and our server made very good recommendations for each of us. The roasted chicken and vegetables were surprisingly good. The sangria was terrific, served over club soda, and the carafe served 6 full drinks; freshly made, light and refreshing and a bargain at $20. Food B+ Service A Value B Ambience B+ for groups; D- for quiet romantic dinners Fun placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourist TrapJennDined on 6/8/2014Worst food I've ever been served in Santa Barbara. I'm not exactly sure how you can ruin Mexican food and margaritas, but Casa Blanca managed to do just that. The wait staff was polite but incompetent. The food was bland, mushy and just plain awful. Even my husband, who will eat almost anything, absolutely hated everything that showed up at our table. It was almost comical.Special Features:
- great lunch...great margaritastraceyntVIPDined on 5/11/2014Food was good and the margaritas were great. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmed by Cinqo de MayoFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/5/2014Chaos reined on May 5. Even though there were a few empty tables near us, the service was nonexistent. We saw our waiter when he took our order and when he brought our drinks, which arrived after the meal was served. He said the bar was "slammed" and couldn't keep up with the orders. The food was good, and we will probably give it another chance - just not on a Mexican holiday.Special Features:
- Okay...YumyumVIPDined on 4/30/2014Came here for drinks and some food. Mostly drinks, my girlfriend had the spicy margarita and it was okay. (I think it had passionfruit or some tropical something?) I had a DOS XX Ambar. It actually was not carbonated enough which was tough to drink.Special Features:
- Great placemathmomDined on 4/23/2014This Mexican restaurant doubles as a sports bar, with TV's around the room. The food was great, and the service was outstanding- they were very attentive witout being annoying. We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceenjoyfoodDined on 3/28/2014The service was excellent and the food was served hot. The server checked regularly to make surer that we had everything we wanted. I would certainly visit again.Special Features:
- Outstanding service, food not sodisappointmentDined on 3/3/2014Although the service was great, the food suffered from a severe lack of seasoning. Even the salsa seemed to need something else. Too bad because the location is great and the staff is very friendly, courteous, and professional.Special Features:
- Good foodSantaBeerbarianDined on 3/2/2014The food was very good. Four of us tried the daily specials and the flavors were outstanding. The service was quick and the prices reasonable. The portions were generous and we all left stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimesluvmargaritasDined on 2/28/2014Amazing drinks, good food, and great service! Fun place to go with a group of people where u can hear the conversations going on at the table! Drinks are good value for the money...no skimping on alcohol! The servers are very well educated on the tequilas they have. A must try is their blood orange margarita or they have a fantastic blood orange shot:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for familiesOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/14/2014We came for dinner on a Friday of a long weekend. The restaurant was busy but service was pleasant and attentive. Good options for kids. The prix fixe Valentine's Day menu was good though a bit too salty for my taste. Overall, it was a good meal. Will go back for their specialty margaritas and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner near fireplaceRichDined on 1/18/2014Great outdoor dining. Food and ambiance was good. Great people watching spot.Special Features:
- Love this Place12ljeanneDined on 1/2/2014Beautifully decorated dining room. Love the blown glass! Our server Adrienne was great. I had the Especial de Casa and it was truly special! My husband had the lobster tacos and loved them. All of the staff was very helpful and even the manager helped with our table. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely evening on the patioParislaDined on 11/29/2013The food is good, nothing extraordinary. Being able to eat outside at the end of November, by a fireplace, is a treat. Lively neighborhood. Service was fast and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The chef is very talented!BabsSJVIPDined on 11/29/2013The tacos & Wild Salmon were so tasty & succulent. My mom is hard to please & she LOVED the food here. From the chips and salsa to the Margaritas (which were strong!); Casa Blanca did everything right! I would highly recommend this restaurant for a great meal!Special Features:
- Fun timeKathyDined on 10/19/2013We've been twice once for a great happy hour and then for a lovely family dinner. Everyone enjoyed their food. The service was fine. It would be fun to watch a game as they have really nice tvs mounted in the bar area.Special Features:
- Overall nice placeRobrod5Dined on 9/13/2013We got sat inside which we were bummed about we were hoping for the patio. But overall experience was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was disappointingbprsmVIPDined on 9/3/2013Service was outstanding (although if you care about health codes, I wouldn't recommend the taco bar). The food left a bit to be desired. Carnitas was dry and lacking flavor. Shrimp enchiladas were pretty good (very fresh shrimp), but beans and rice served with them lacked flavor. It wasn't bad overall, but certainly not great.
- We sat outside on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2013We sat outside on the patio and had an excellent meal. The inside is worth seeing as it is beautifully decorated!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful happy-hourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2013The drink discounts at happy hour are pretty good, and cover everything from beers and wine to special cocktails and spirits. My red house wine was bold and rich, and they filled up the glass pretty generously. I ordered the chili relleno a la carte. It was cooked nicely and topped with a red sauce and plenty of cheese. Very tasty, not greasy, and the spices were a good blend of flavor and heat. The only downside was service. I think maybe they were short a few hands, but it took a while for my group to get our food ordered, and i had to go find the waiter to ask for the bill. He was super busy though, not just slacking off. Ambiance was lovely. Football on many crystal clear flat screens. And they bottomless chips n salsa are heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday exprienceselias14Dined on 8/11/2013my time there was well spent had a great time. ... the server was not so good she was not there to our dining needs other than that the food was greatSpecial Features:
- Soggy food & suspect liquorOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/1/2013Big indoor/outdoor Mexican restaurant with some of the most uninspired and carelessly prepared food I've had in a while...the chips were stale, the guacamole seemed like it was from a jar (in the summer in So. California no less), and the drink I ordered which supposedly had Grey Goose vodka in it tasted like it had whatever kind of vodka you'd expect from a terrible hotel pool bar...just not a good experience in any way. Well, our waitress was nice and efficient, but not somewhere I'd eat again.
- Open Air DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2013As part of our coastal California trip, my husband and I ate here. It was as we expected -- good food, service, and ambiance. The carnitas dish was excellent, as was the chile relleno. Loved the outdoor seating and the fireplace. The drinks (margarita, mojito) are made with fresh ingredients -- so delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodAlexDined on 7/20/2013The food was good. not traditional or authentic in taste but pretty good. looks like a busy place so there was plenty of confusion amongst the hostesses. other than that we had a great experience. interior design was beautiful and environment was welcoming. Would definitely visit and recommend again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veggie/Vegan/Pescetarians KEEP OUT!MoodyVIPDined on 6/29/2013I ordered the veggie burrito, a couple bites in and I get a piece of steak in my mouth. I told my waiter, and he unsympathetically said he will have the chef make another one, as if he simply gave me the wrong order. For those of you carnivores, just imagine getting a piece of meat you wouldn't allow yourself to eat (e.g., horse meat, dog/cat meat) in your steak burrito. As it turns out, they have inspected the issue, and a piece of steak happened to jump off the grill and on the bite I took of the burrito, which probably means they cook meat on the same grill as vegetarian food! I ask him to cancel it, he insists to bring me a new one to-go, as I had lost my appetite, then charges me for it. Had to tell the manager to take it off.
- Love this place!AshleyDined on 6/18/2013Casa Blanca was great! When we made our reservation, we asked for an outdoor table. When we got there, the host had set aside two, one in the sun and one in the shade, so we could choose. Needless to say, the service is good here. Our food was delicious, came quickly, and was eaten even quicker. And the pear margarita was to die for. Casa Blanca is a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab fooddebdcsDined on 6/8/2013Really great food and service. Very filling and the biggest burrito ever! Would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchSBWinosDined on 5/12/2013We dined for brunch on Mother's Day. They had great specials and the food and service were outstanding! The ease of making a reservation on Open Table was a PLUS!Special Features:
- Four seniors who always enjoyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Four seniors who always enjoy this company's other three restaurants were very happy to experience this addition to their portfolio. All aspects of our visit were delightful!Special Features:
- Food is very good. Had theSantaBarbaraRussDined on 4/26/2013Food is very good. Had the Tacos del Mar - Shrimp and grilled fish. The patio is a great spot to enjoy lunchSpecial Features:
- My friends and I went to HappyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013My friends and I went to Happy Hour and we had a GREAT time, we will be back for sure!Special Features:
- We were there for dinner withBillTVIPDined on 2/22/2013We were there for dinner with a group of nine people. Everyone had a great time and they all enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- Dog and Kid Friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013If you have dogs or kids, definitely come here to sit outside on the patio.Special Features:
- My out of town in-laws tookOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013My out of town in-laws took us here for dinner on Friday night. I had never been there, so I was interested to see how it would be, especially after reading some pretty lukewarm reviews. It is really beautiful and neat looking inside. I marked this as kid-friendly - we saw a lot of other families, and it is so loud in there that it doesn't matter if the kids aren't being quiet. It was loud in a lively way, not too much noise that would make conversation difficult. The food was good. We got the carne asada (really good) the chimichanga (spicy but fantastic), the fajitas (good) and trio taco (very good). The salsa and guacamole was great! Would definitely go again.Special Features: