Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum
85 Fortune Drive, #329
Irvine, CA 92618Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.capital-seafood.com/
- Phone: 9497889218
- Hours of Operation:
Dim Sum Served: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Regular Menu Served: Monday- Friday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm Saturday and Sundays 10:00 am- 10:00 pm
Happy Hour Monday-Friday: 3:00 pm-7:00 pm Bar area only and no reservations)
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dim Sum, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Chef Bui
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Capital (Irvine Spectrum) offers a full bar with great selections of the finest wines and spirits. With 4 private dining rooms and patio dining to accommodate large parties.
A word from Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum
Welcome to Capital's newest restaurant concept. Located in the heart of Orange County inside Irvine Spectrum. With much success in its other location in the Diamond Jamboree center, Capital decided to launch another location in the O.C. Capital is most known for its award winning dim sum and fresh seafood selections. With over 100 dim sum selections to choose from daily and great fresh seafood offerings. Dim Sum favorites such as Sui Mai, Shrimp Har Gow and Baked B.B.Q. Buns are customer favorites to name a few. Live Seafood offerings from our 300 gallon tanks consist of Alaskan King Crab, Maine Lobsters, Dungeness Crab and Catch of the Day. This new concept offers a full bar with an outdoor patio dining experience. Reservations are suggested and offsite catering and private dining are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
Capital Seafood - Irvine Spectrum reviews from OpenTable diners
119 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (81)great for lunch (55)fit for foodies (52)special occasion (46)great for brunch (43)kid-friendly (38)neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (14)hot spot (13)late-night find (9)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (6)romantic (5)Show More
- Good dim sumAB2014Dined on 8/30/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. They said they could n't find our open table reservation but sat us immediately anyway. The wait staff was very friendly but we had more than one waiter. Our main waiter very knowlegable but the others brought us food that we didn't order and didn't seem to know what things were when they were delivering to table. Dim sum and dumplings were very good. Large portions that we wanted to bring home but we never received the food back after we gave it to them to wrap up for us. We couldn't wait any longer as we were going to a concert.Special Features:
- Lunch with FriendsSushiSpiceDined on 8/30/2014A group of close friends decided to catch an early dinner before a movie on a Saturday. One of the girls knew about this restaurant and so we tried it for the first time! I have never seen such large shrimp - don't forget to try their house special pepper shrimp.... delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you love dim sumOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014Great dim sum and at very nice location in the Spectrum My first time and will be back soon.Special Features:
- Great DimsumOCmamaVIPDined on 8/24/2014It is a great spot for dim sum and the fact they take reservations adds to the convenience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality not QuanityMustEatFabulousDined on 8/23/2014I love Capital Seafood we eat here at least once a month and love the quality of the food. capital SeaFood's service is up there with any five star dinning experience we have had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Good chinese food with american flavor. service with very good for a chinese restaurant.Special Features:
- Food great service mediocreNurseMagsVIPDined on 8/9/2014Food is always amazing, however they always seem to ruin my children's order. Simple orange chicken that the order never got placed and it was honestlt the second time! Service was not the best this time since we were only a party of 5, the waiter tend to focus more on bigger parties which is a bit frustrating. If food wasn't so great we wouldn't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningDivaVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our dinner was delicious and beautifully presented...dish and platter shapes are interesting and the special rice served in a carved pineapple, for example, is lovely as well as yummy! The special green beans were cooked perfectly and our beef, shrimp, and seafood selections were very tasty! The Sangria was refreshing and one of many interesting drink choices! We will go back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreEhhhDined on 8/5/2014The hostess was rude. The service was bad. Our food took forever to get to the table - and the check took even longer. The food was good but I will not be back.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantJMCReviewDined on 8/3/2014Great food. Great service. Portions are generally family style which we did not notice when reviewing the menu to order. We were surprised how great the food was. This place is equipped to serve a large party and would be perfect for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim-sum onlykliliDined on 8/1/2014This review is solely for the dim sum. Used to be a favorite but the last few times quality has really declined. Service was slow and less than polite.
- GREAT PLACE.lnLawsBDayDined on 7/25/2014I WOULD RECOMMEND IT ANYBODY... THEY TAKE CHINESE COOKING TO A LEVEL UNREACHABLE & THE SERVICE IS AS IF THEY ARE YOUR IMMEDIATE FAMILY. YOU WILL FEEL VERY WELCOMED, ENJOY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Cinese RestaurantJRG1reviewDined on 7/25/2014I took some clients to Capital and had a very enjoyable dinner. The food was great and the service excellent. I highly recommend this establishment for any kind of gathering.Special Features:
- Consistently goodTPBRVIPDined on 7/25/2014We usually go for dim sum, and the carts come around pretty quickly. The selection is usually very good (they previously have run out of a few items) and the food is warm and tasty (we had a couple of times in the past where these were both inconsistent but found if you tell them about food temp or flavor, they quickly fix it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014Dim sum is so so. Does not have that many selection. Hot food on carts are limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Their wonton soup is ab-fabluv2dineVIPDined on 7/19/2014The "outdoor dining" is an enclosed patio room - very nice. We both felt like starting with soup and ordered two wonton soups, which is served family style in a large tureen, overflowing with fabulous stuff! There were prawns, chicken pieces, wide slices of pork, and the large wontons were stuffed with meat & shrimp also! The broth was delectable & contained sugar snap peas, carrots, & mushrooms. It made two bowls each - and with our wine we just couldn't eat anything else. The menu is large and varied. I've been twice before & enjoyed the dim-sum cart, which only circulates until 3pm; sorry to have missed that on this visit. We'll be back! p.s. The place is packed with Asians - proving the authenticity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodlovetoeatDined on 7/19/2014The food was very good. I was disappointed that rice was not part of the meal and was an extra charge. I have never ordered Chinese food and not have the rice included. The server should have made it clear that the rice was extra. Server was friendly, courteous and attentive. Your servers need to be clear on what is included and what is NOT included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dim Sum Price-to-Qual a little highEnjoyLifeVIPDined on 7/19/2014If you're looking for Dim Sum around Irvine Spectrum, this is the place to go. We've been here ~6 times now and the food can be a hit of miss. One time the (shrimp mostly dishes) were bleachy. We mentioned it to one if the main hosts when paying so they could investigate, but no apology (or they didn't understand). Last time all the dishes were nice and hot, but we felt the quality taste just wasn't there like the last time either. But you should go to try it out yourselves. Everybody has a different pallet. More importantly, it is expensive (even for Irvine, I think). One problem is that you don't know the cost of the Dim Sum plates (A, B, or C). C is almost $6! We had traditional dishes. people, 5 dishes + tea = $30. Too much $$$.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, a bit noisey. Bus boy was very inexperiencedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TeddyDined on 7/17/2014We had dim sum,most of them tasty, the ladies pushing the carts speak very little English, it was hard to find out what were the ingredients in the dumplings and in the other items.Special Features:
- Better than need beBertramDined on 7/16/2014Located in a shopping mall, I did expect a food court, poor experience. Wrong. Food is beautifully prepared, distinctive and overall a good mix of authenthicity with some tailoring for local tastes. Recommended.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/13/2014I've eaten dim sum here sev'l times and was always satisfied. However, on this visit, the dim sum wasn't as good as on past visits. Perhaps they had a new chef in the kitchen. Also, service was SLOW in the carts bringing the dim sum out. Overall its still the best dim sum in Orange County.Special Features:
- Good and clean chinese restaurantIsabelleVIPDined on 7/12/2014This location in Spectrum is so much better that the one in Diamond Jamboree Irvine. It is clean and overall atmosphere is nicer. Excellent service and same good menu options.Special Features:
- Fantastic culinary festivalFood4ThoughtDined on 7/11/2014A wonderful selection of dim sum! The flavors and combinations of seafood was culinary delight. I enjoyed every bit despite not really knowing what I was eating. The waitresses English was not great, but it added to the intrigue and wonderful surprise with every bite. I truly enjoyed the atmosphere, attentive service and variety of food. I would definitely recommend this place to all my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Dim Sumtrdrp19Dined on 7/6/2014My family and I really enjoyed the Dim Sum. There were many options, and everything tasted great. Huge benefit was being able to make a reservation, which is uncommon at most Dim Sum restaurants.Special Features:
- Confused ServersLeeners1Dined on 7/6/2014We had been to Capital Seafood for a dim sum brunch the week before and enjoyed it very much, we sat on the patio, it was pleasant and a nice selection.When we arrived last week, we were seated in the bar. After 15 minutes of not being offered anything , we requested a move to the main ding room. As the carts passed we inquired about the Shrimp balls and scallop won tons.It took well over 20 minutes to get either item.The servers seemed confused.We also could not figure out the pricing and think there should be some sort of pricing guide, we just had to trust that the little stamps on our card were added correctly.Diners really should have an itemized receipt rather than just a grand total, with tea or drinks being the only items listed.Special Features:
- excellent dim sum placegamelaiDined on 7/5/2014If you are looking for dimsum then this is the place. Most of the Chinese restaurant in Irvine that offer dim sum is either old, dirty and crowded capital offer clean and modern environment for your enjoyments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty restaurant with great foodfoodie4everDined on 7/4/2014We have had great food at the Diamond Jamboree location so we were eager to eat at the Spectrum location before going to a concert at the Verizon Amphitheatre. So glad we did. The food was delicious, the service was attentive and the wait staff was very accommodating. Next time we're going to try the Peking Duck that was quickly eaten at the next table. If we feel we need to picnic at the theatre, we'll get takeout at Capital Seafood and tote it to our seats. Definitely a keeper.Special Features:
- Place to enjoy Chinese dinnerPingDined on 6/29/20144 of the 5 dishes and the Almond milk hot pot we ordered were very good except the 铁板 sea food plate was very disappointed not good and not worthy the price $18.00 for the quality! We also were very upset because we switched to 豆腐 sea food hot pot when we made the order but that waiter forgot to switch it. We accepted the mistake because we thought it may be good too. But all 5 of us were really upset because it not good at all compared with the 铁板 sea food plate we used to have in other Chinese restaurant. We think you should improve this dish and charge less for this kind of qualify. Hopefully, you will have improvement on this dish in the future then I could refer my friends to your restaurant. PingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceCriticVIPDined on 6/28/2014Out waiter Ben was top notch! Excellent! The restaurant is clean. The food was so tasty and fresh.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014service was very good. food was authentic but my usual less fancy chinese restaurant has larger portions, tastes a little better overall and is much less expensive.
- great funSreymoldsDined on 6/14/2014great for trying a variety of buns and dumplings during dim sum hours a must have-pineapple rolls!Special Features:
- qbetaDined on 6/14/2014much of the food we were served was not hot. I guess it must have been sitting around. Not much fun eating cold dim sum that should be piping hot. We drove here from San Diego thinking this should be good, but it was not worth the drive. I'm better off eating in San Diego where the food, if not much better, was about the same.Special Features:
- Hubby's birthday- not too happy!FanoffoodDined on 6/8/2014Service was good until our waiter went to lunch, he did not say anything to us nor mentioned that someone would be helping us. We did not realize that he left until the second glass of wine never came, tea got cold, vegetable dish never served, and of course the dessert was really late. We felt bad asking help from another waiter who did not inform us what happened. We thought the lobster dish had a good sauce but was overcooked, was stuck to the shell and chewy. We paid a lot for a party of 4, wish I had said something about the lobster but did not want to spoil my husband's birthday celebration. They gave us some hot tapioca dessert for free while we waited for our real dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plentiful servingsChelsea4MADined on 6/7/2014This was our first visit to Capital Seafood, and we will certainly be back soon. We had reservations for 4, and although the restaurant was busy, we were seated early. We each ordered a different entree, and shared the bounty. None of us could eat everything. There was just too much to consume in one sitting. A tapioca-like dessert was include at no extra charge. Service was personal, never rushed, and definitely responsive to our wishes. The Spectrum location offered abundant parking, even on a Saturday night. Despite the name of the restaurant, many menu items exist for those who are not necessarily fond of seafood. Prices are reasonable, especially given the quality and quantify of the dinners.Special Features:
- Great Dim SumcliftoncDined on 6/7/2014Awesome dim sum every day of the week. Top it off with a glass of their fine whiskey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner for a late nightSuzysVistaDined on 6/6/2014Love the food. The food was good and menu items were great for sharing. Everything we ordered we shared amongst our group of 5. We wanted to try new things because it was our first time there and we got to do that with all the food we ordered. The price points for all the food was very reasonable.Special Features:
- Ok for MallOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014Been to other Capital restaurants and this one is not nearly as good as the other onesSpecial Features:
- Sunday LunchjovaliDined on 6/1/2014Made last minute reservations on Open Table and had no issues. Restaurant wasn't able to take us on time, but we didn't have to wait too long; however, it did frustrate me that we weren't able to get seated on time. We had a movie to catch and didn't want to feel rushed. It was dim sum time and we got missed a few times by the ladies but the staff was helpful in getting food items that we were interested in but hadn't been visited by a cart. We would definitely come back for the food as it was good. Pricier dim sum, but expected because of location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Chinese food!FoodieDined on 6/1/2014We love coming here for dim sum! You can definitely taste the quality in their food. They have a good amount of choices for dim sum but also have a regular menu as well. We love their Hong Kong style chow mein! Service is awesome and we are always well taken care of...always so accommodating when we bring the kiddos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.