Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center
4271 B Park Road
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantina15eleven.com/
- Phone: (704) 331-9222
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Vince Giancarlo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you’re planning a wedding, birthday party, a seminar, a luncheon, or a retirement party – we cater directly to your specific event. At Cantina 1511, we approach every event with absolute professionalism and passion.
Our clients have been raving over our authentic Mexican creations and Tex Mex- culinary dishes for years! Our event planners can transform a simple room into a delightful space that is detailed to perfection. We always create a unique experience for your guests and provide them with a lasting impression that leaves them wanting more.
- Entertainment: We have several TV's behind the bar that show nightly sports games.
A word from Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center
Ever since 2004, Cantina 1511 has been serving consistently excellent Mexican fare to the people of Charlotte. A philosophy of only the freshest ingredients cooked from scratch to traditional recipes; guarantees an Authentic Mexican Celebration every time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center - Best Restaurants in Charlotte ›
Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (59)neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (53)kid-friendly (38)fit for foodies (35)great for lunch (35)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (19)special occasion (15)great for brunch (11)romantic (9)late-night find (8)notable wine list (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014This was our first time dinning here and the food, service and atmosphere was wonderful. I would go back and recommend friends and family to go eat there. Top notch service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Not only honored my reservation, but gave me the exact table I requested. Could not have been taken better care of. Becoming our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new venue!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014Awesome food and the new restaurant has a very hip atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DfredVIPDined on 11/9/2014Only complaint was the techno music blasting during Sunday brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceDiningdivaDined on 11/8/2014When we arrived the hostesses made us wait 5 mins to confirm our reservation ... One was folding menus and the other was rudely laughing at a customs on the phone. Once at the table it took over 15 mins to get water, for 10 mins of that time we had chips and salsa to eat. The waitress brought the wring margarita and proceeded to argue and get snappy with me. Upon bringing the right drink she loudly slammed it on the table. For the remainder of dinner she was short and condenseding to me. Typically a great restaurant and experience, but this night was horrible all the way around. The worst service I have ever received.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service EVERFoodieDined on 11/8/2014This was not my first visit to Cantina 1511 but it was my first visit to this particular location. Our server, Katie, was by far and without question, the BEST server we have ever had...anywhere! She has a bubbly personality and she recommended menu items that were spot on (the five cheese queso fundido "cantina style"). The food was top-notch, as usual, and the atmosphere was fun and inviting. You have to try this place out and you will go back again and again. Ask for Katie!Special Features:
- nJoyEting2Dined on 11/8/2014Saturday brunch for 14 yr old Birthday celebration. Service was pleasant & efficient. Food was excellent - particularly the Arepas Benedict with Al pastor pork and pescado Fritos (fish tacos). Special complementary Quattro Leches dessert made the meal for birthday girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For localsTigerDined on 11/1/2014The food was ok the table service was pretty good. The hostess was awful! If you don't frequent the spot expect her to seat them first! Reservation or not!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downeatupDined on 11/1/2014I used to love this restaurant. However after a recent experience where I received next to the worst service I've ever had, it will be hard for me to give them my business again. I can't comment on the food because I never even had a chance to place a drink order in the 30 minutes I sat in my seat at the bar. Very unfortunate experience- and it appears that the management (which I overheard was new) did not much in the way of stepping up to help out.Special Features:
- good for groupsTrendyVIPDined on 10/30/2014good for girls night, the place is very noisy and it gets pack really quick but the food is ok and the service was greatSpecial Features:
- 4catsVIPDined on 10/30/2014The menu is misleading on the Tortilla Shell salad. It is not a shell t is a flat SOGGY TORTILLA under the salad. Very sad@!
- Loved it before, love it even more!ktcrazy14Dined on 10/29/2014First time visiting the new park road location - and it's great! Much bigger (so less of a wait) and still the same great mexican food we love!Special Features:
- Quality food/Mediocre experienceDiningDonDined on 10/25/2014We had reservations for 7:30 PM or no seat until 8 PM. The hostess was unfriendly and both she and manager basically said they had large parties ahead of us. I thought that was the point of making the reservation? I ordered a special and the waiter looked at me very confused because he was unaware of their specials that night. We sat with empty waters and empty tortilla chip bowls a good bit of the night while he walked by her table but failed to make eye contact. I ordered a beer and was never asked if I wanted another during the hour we were there. Overall, a very forgettable dining experience. The restaurant will do well because the food is very good and they have a captive audience since they're well located off of Park RoadSpecial Features:
- Good food, loud!KtadamsDined on 10/25/2014Our food was delicious. My only comment is that it was very loud, really hard to have a conversation or hear the wait staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/22/2014Flowers that I had ordered were on the table when we arrived. Wife's fish tacos were excellent, as was my salmon, spinach and potatoes. The restaurant was full, and the noise level was high. We will go back.
- Great Food, horrible servicefamily5VIPDined on 10/18/2014Our family was excited to try Cantina's new location. The restaurant looks great and were seated right away and waiter promptly came and took our drink orders and brought chips. Drinks arrived quickly and service started great. Ordered queso and guac and it was delivered with great presentation, but no chips and only 3 tortillas for our table of 4. Everything was delicious, we just weren't able to eat much of it without chips or tortillas. Waited 15 minutes for more chips after asking 3 different servers. No water refills, no asking if we wanted another margarita...which we did. Another long wait for more tortillas when our fajitas were served. Absolute worst table service we have ever had.
- Ugh- too expensive and noisyCrazyKattDined on 10/18/2014I used to love meals at cantina on east blvd. This was my first and last visit to the new location. Very simply put the quality of food and drink do not equal the prices...$17 for marinated steak fajitas where the steak (what there was of it) had no flavor, more than ample portion which was tons of onions a few peppers and zucchini (really?) and included 3 tortillas...$2 up charge for more. This was capped off by a house margarita that looked and tasted like watered down lemonade...$7. I miss the old management and the old location...will not be back.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed itRichDined on 10/18/2014The food and service have always been good during my previous visits to Cantina 1511 and they didn't disappoint this time either. My wife is a big fan of Tex-Mex cuisine and I hadn't had the chance to bring her to Cantina when it was in Dilworth, but with the new location on Park Road we finally made it. Just be careful not to fill up on the chips and salsa so you can enjoy your meal without being stuffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the new locationAJ99Dined on 10/17/2014We have always been a fan of this place. This was our first time at the new location. The food was excellent as usual. It is a little further of a drive now but definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THIS PLACE IS LOUDSandiVIPDined on 10/17/2014Took my family Friday night at 7:30. The restaurant was unbelievably noisy due to the large open space/design of building. Our family enjoyed the food but not the experience. It was difficult to carry on conversations as we could not hear each other.
- Loud and chaoticShazDined on 10/4/2014Cantina 1511 at the Park Road Shopping center is warehouse style - loud and busy. The food was somewhat the same as its East Blvd location, but the ambience is missing. It is more like a Fudruckers now😕Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocrefoodie510Dined on 10/4/2014Noise level is high, waiter brought check while I was still eating, never asked if my husband wanted another beer, never refilled water and didn't ask if we wanted dessert. Clearly wanted us to eat and run.
- luv2dineDined on 10/3/2014Even better than when located on E. Blvd. Still noisy but much lighter and energetic atmosphere plus easier to park!Special Features:
- Surprisingly diverse and enticingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014The food was really good, not your usual Mexican restaurant fare. The enchiladas were terrific, and the green sauce for the tortilla chips was really nice. We dined for lunch but the noise made conversation a little difficult. Not a quiet experience, but acceptable. Very busy for lunch. Large seating area inside and a good group of outside tables.Special Features:
- DisappointedRonaVIPDined on 9/30/2014Ate here once and food was good. Brought friends back and it was fair Server forgot our apoetizer, noise level is horrible inside. Nice outside One person did not care for his enchalada. We shared salmon thinking we were getting our appetizer. Salmon was good but small. Cevice is bad compared to the one they had when they were on east blvd. sorry because we live around the corner and it would be a great placefor us.Special Features:
- Great find!123456Dined on 9/26/2014A friend recommended this spot to us to try a different spin on Mexican. We were very pleased with our dinner. It is a very energetic, loud spot with a lot of people enjoying great food. So it's not a quiet, romantic place. Our server seemed inexperienced, but the quality of the food made up for her lack of service. We recommend the crab and goat cheese croquetas!Special Features:
- Much better in old locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/26/2014We were very disappointed. East blvd was one of our favorites. Park road way to noisy, food much lower quality.Special Features:
- High end Mexican food done rightBountyDined on 9/25/2014Cantina 1511 has been a stable in my restaurant rotation since it's first location on East Blvd. My go to appetizers are always the house made guacamole and the cheese fondue. Both are a must try if you are a first time visitor to Cantina. Every entree on the menu is baseline good top-line great! My favorite dish is the choose your taco combination which allows you to mix and match 2-3 tacos (make sure you try the Marco Pollo Taco with Jalepeno Bacon). It comes with your choice of rice and beans on the side and it is absolutely delightful. The drinks are also as expected .... AWESOME. If you enjoy Margaritas, you must try the 1511 Papa Grande Margarita. Overall, Cantina 1511 has an excellent menu and most fans of Mexican food will enjoy!Special Features:
- Not impressedFoodLover11VIPDined on 9/25/2014I really wanted to love the new location, but sadly, I didn't and probably won't return. I actually hadn't been to the older location in a while so I wasn't aware of the menu changes. Although the service was good, I was not impressed at all with the food. There are definitely better priced options in town with much better food.
- Long wait for average foodCammySDined on 9/21/2014Cantina 1511 came highly recommended by a young friend but we were generally unimpressed. Décor is fun but the service was slow despite a half filled dining room. Drinks took 20 minutes to arrive and our meals almost an hour for a table of three. Food was average although the menu was slightly more ambitious than most Mexican. Oregano on the fajitas was unpleasantly overpowering; the shredded pork burrito received better reviews. Chip refills did arrive promptly so that's something.Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Server lost ticket. Took two hours to receive dinner. Server had too many tables to look after. Sat outside because of the high noise level inside.Special Features:
- nanandpoppopDined on 9/20/2014would not recommend the restaurant for groups as the noise level was over the top and you can barely speak to one other person.Special Features:
- New location needs workDilworthDinerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Good: New location is nice and has plenty of shaded outdoor space. Bad: Chips did not come to the table until we asked for them. Ordered enchiladas and where cold inside. They were served in a small cast-iron pan giving the impression of having been baked but clearly that was just a presentation gimmick as the food was warm outside and room temperature inside. Our waitress did not know what a Negra Modelo was - in a Mexican restaurant. AC vents in building are pointing towards the tables. Our table had an uncomfortable cold draft and had to pin napkins, menus with heavy objects to prevent them from flying. Will come back to Cantina again but hoping they get their mojo back with service and food after they settle in their new place.Special Features:
- Not the same!GowahooVIPDined on 9/19/2014It is extremely loud in the new place. Food was not what I remembered and I didn't care for it. My food was not prepared correctly. Still edible but not what I was looking forward too, then when we got the bill the waitress had already added 18% for tip for a 2 person check. That is ridiculous, I would have said something to the manager but it was such a mad house. I would wait until it's been there awhile, but I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Good food slow to the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great. The service and wait time to get our food was horrible. We sat down at 6:15 and ordered almost right away. I had to inquire twice about a side salad and order of guac. We didn't get our food until 7:10 after asking about it 3 times. The manager came and apologized. He took the 2 kids meals off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina in Park Rd Shopping CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014New location is nice inside, but outside is frumpy as it's in a semi run down strip mall. Food was great, service mediocre at best, but it was a Friday night. Used to love the old location, hopefully I'll learn to like this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yo quiero la cantinaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014great food. great drinks. great service. I really don't think there is a bad dish on the menuSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceCharlottegirlDined on 9/8/2014There were two of us, and we enjoyed our dining experience overall, but the food was so salty that it was difficult to eat, including the salsa. I ordered the shredded pork tacos and my guest ordered a shredded pork meal. She only ate a few bites of hers and took the rest home. I removed most of my pork and ate the remainder of the tacos. I didn't want to complain this time because of my guest, but I will ask about salt in dishes next time. I normally cook with and eat a generous amount of salt , but this amount was overboard, and it was in everything we ate. The service was impeccable. The ambience is upbeat and bright, but not intimate like the old place was.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent. The service was a little slow, although the server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina 1511RonaVIPDined on 9/7/2014Surprised to find out it was the same restaurant as stone rest because the menu was different. Cute place and everyone was nice. Some glitches due to understaffing because of unexpected crowds(as explained by the manager. We ordered ceviche which as awful. Loved the one from the old menu. I had two tacos and they were delicious. It was extremely noisy and it was the acoustics not the people. Would go back but would like to sit outside