Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center
4271 B Park Road
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
Traditional MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cantina15eleven.com/
- Phone: 7043319222x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday and Sunday Brunch: 9:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Chef Vince Giancarlo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Whether you’re planning a wedding, birthday party, a seminar, a luncheon, or a retirement party – we cater directly to your specific event. At Cantina 1511, we approach every event with absolute professionalism and passion.
Our clients have been raving over our authentic Mexican creations and Tex Mex- culinary dishes for years! Our event planners can transform a simple room into a delightful space that is detailed to perfection. We always create a unique experience for your guests and provide them with a lasting impression that leaves them wanting more.
- Entertainment: We have several TV's behind the bar that show nightly sports games.
A word from Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center
Ever since 2004, Cantina 1511 has been serving consistently excellent Mexican fare to the people of Charlotte. A philosophy of only the freshest ingredients cooked from scratch to traditional recipes; guarantees an Authentic Mexican Celebration every time.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (40)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (27)great for lunch (24)kid-friendly (21)hot spot (19)vibrant bar scene (12)special occasion (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)romantic (5)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good food slow to the tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014The food was great. The service and wait time to get our food was horrible. We sat down at 6:15 and ordered almost right away. I had to inquire twice about a side salad and order of guac. We didn't get our food until 7:10 after asking about it 3 times. The manager came and apologized. He took the 2 kids meals off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina in Park Rd Shopping CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014New location is nice inside, but outside is frumpy as it's in a semi run down strip mall. Food was great, service mediocre at best, but it was a Friday night. Used to love the old location, hopefully I'll learn to like this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yo quiero la cantinaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014great food. great drinks. great service. I really don't think there is a bad dish on the menuSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceCharlottegirlDined on 9/8/2014There were two of us, and we enjoyed our dining experience overall, but the food was so salty that it was difficult to eat, including the salsa. I ordered the shredded pork tacos and my guest ordered a shredded pork meal. She only ate a few bites of hers and took the rest home. I removed most of my pork and ate the remainder of the tacos. I didn't want to complain this time because of my guest, but I will ask about salt in dishes next time. I normally cook with and eat a generous amount of salt , but this amount was overboard, and it was in everything we ate. The service was impeccable. The ambience is upbeat and bright, but not intimate like the old place was.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014The food was excellent. The service was a little slow, although the server was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cantina 1511RonaDined on 9/7/2014Surprised to find out it was the same restaurant as stone rest because the menu was different. Cute place and everyone was nice. Some glitches due to understaffing because of unexpected crowds(as explained by the manager. We ordered ceviche which as awful. Loved the one from the old menu. I had two tacos and they were delicious. It was extremely noisy and it was the acoustics not the people. Would go back but would like to sit outside
- New Restaurant IssuesOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food was consistent from when it was on East Blvd. Lots of new restaurant issues. Server seemed overwhelmed by the crowd. We had to ask 3 times for napkins and silverware. There wasn't a drink menu on the table so we had to ask and wait for that. We waited so long for the server to come back that we asked another one to take our drink order but he went off to find our server so that didn't help. Drinks took a long time to be delivered. Water ran out, chips ran out. These will probably work themselves out once the new restaurant crowd thins out like usually happens around Charlotte.Special Features:
- Very good!!tlew1000Dined on 9/5/2014This place is absolutely wonderful!! The food and service are top notch. Hope it stays that way. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need to work out kinksCynthDined on 8/31/2014Cantina is a good restaurant but, in the new Park Road location, they are understaffed. With a reservation on a Sunday evening, we waited 30 minutes or more to be seated. The hostess said that there were tables available, but not enough staff to handle the crowd. The staff that night were pleasant and did not seemed flustered, however I was seated facing the kitchen and there appeared to be some drama - verbal exchanges- between the man on the outside of the line inspecting dishes before they were taken to the table and someone behind the line. I have tried many items and the best on the menu are the quesadillas and the guacamole. I wish they would offer some grand opening discounts or a Living Social or Groupon deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First night at new locationregulardinerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Excellent job. I was a little worried there would be hiccups on the first night at PRSC but Cantina 1511 did a great job!Special Features:
- Willing to give it another shotJeansebergDined on 8/23/2014I went not knowing it was the opening night at the Park Road location. The guacamole was the only good thing that moved. Our service was poor. Our waitress barely waited in us. My date got dripped in from a leak. The food was barely edible. I was disappointed bc this was not my experience on east blvd. I'm hoping these were just opening night kinks that will get worked out. If not they have lost a routine customer.
- great food!tanglewoodDined on 8/15/2014can't wait to see the new restuarant at park and woodlawn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service1234Dined on 8/5/2014Our dinner was on a Tuesday night. Restaurant was busy yet not crowded. Our waiter was attentive and very informative regarding knowledge of the menu for suggestions. Food was excellent, good size portions and good price. it was my first time there, my wife has been there a few times before and was happy with all her past meals. We'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Four dinersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014We took a friend there Sat evening. From starter to drinks to our main course, everything was delicious. Our server, Brittany, was excellent! We will ask to be seated in her section next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Charlotte staple...charlotte2NYCDined on 7/25/2014Looking forward to the new restaurant at Park Road!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!!!JeanDined on 7/19/2014Recommended as a good place for Mexican while we were visiting family in Charlotte. Being from Texas and being used to Tex-Mex you never know what you will get in other parts of the country. This place was fabulous. Great selection of food and drinks. Everyone in our large group loved the food. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- I'll miss you Cantina!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/29/2014Cantina is probably my favorite restaurant in Charlotte. Maybe it's because I'm addicted to their tableside guacamole, maybe it's because I've been there 5,000 times and always left happy (& full). But back to the review this visit.. We stopped in around 2:00 or so, missing any Sunday lunch-ers, and the noise level was definitely below usual. The three of us weren't too hungry, but had to make a stop at our favorite locale before my mom had to fly back home. In addition to the mandatory guacamole, we ordered their antijitos platter, which was four small dishes that they rotate on their menu. Let's just say there wasn't a morsel left on that plate - so much for not being hungry! I will always recommend Cantina - even when they move... :(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the place to watch World CupnavillusoDined on 6/20/2014I informed hostess we were there to watch WorldCup...she attempted to seat us in dining room at a table far from any TV. I repeated we were there to watch World Cup and needed to be able to see a tv close up. She recommended the bar...but saw that was really not a great option for 3 so we were seated in other room to last of entrance... it worked. Nohn out server was great...he instantly saw us for who were...3 foreigners watching World Cup... he did not intrude and provided prompt service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent during evolution!E5trellaVIPDined on 6/12/2014Cantina has always been very good. I have never had a bad meal! I was (and continue to be) a little nervous because they have been (recently) changing their menu more than they used to. HOWEVER- it has continued to get better and impress! Kuddos to Cantina, happy to be a long-time (picky/foodie) customer and excited to experience the evolution!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexicali Nuevo in dilworthShellyVIPDined on 6/10/2014This east blvd spot is great for innovative Mexicali cuisine. Not your chip and dip and queso cantina. Fresh ingredients and chiles to light up any heat fetish. They don't dumb it down for the gringo! Great drinks and killer guacamole!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to catch up w/ friends!17yearsinDined on 6/7/2014Wonderful food, wonderful service, great time! Would recommend this to anyone who wants fresh mex!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy itJaymeVIPDined on 6/6/2014Ever since we got our first Groupon for Cantina 1511 we've become regular customers. The food is always good and so are the margaritas. We sat outside on the patio for dinner on this occasion, and enjoyed the singer/guitar player. Our service was friendly, but uncharacteristically slow. The Pig Wings appetizer is amazing.Special Features:
- They're Moving!virginiafromvirginiaVIPDined on 6/1/2014We always love Cantina 1511, and their guac and queso are so delicious. Don't be deterred or turned away, though! They are moving to Park Road Shopping Center! Enjoy!Special Features:
- Delicious foodhannamVIPDined on 5/31/2014Never fails-- consistently delicious. Our family's go-to restaurant for both special occasions and just because. May I suggest the steak quesadilla ;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!LuvmexicanfoodDined on 5/31/2014I can't say enough about the great menu, great staff, and overall layout of the place! Cantina 1511 is one of my favorite restaurants to visit in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedkdalphaDined on 5/24/2014Was a birthday dinner. Food seemed leftover from lunch. Not great quality or ambiance. Really disappointed.Special Features:
- Great table made guacamoleJenSoPark27Dined on 5/23/2014They had a codfish special that will be added to the menu. It was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 388 reviews are from the Cantina 1511 - Park Road Shopping Center reviews archive.
- Worst Bday Dinner EverloveGreatFoodDined on 5/17/2014I went here because I heard great reviews and wanted to try them! I will NEVER go back again. I reserved the fish bowl room, because I went for my birthday dinner. First of, they took thirty minutes to bring out chips and salsa. It's a Mexican restaurant. That should be the first thing out immediately. THEN after they brought they chips and salsa they wasted the salsa ALL OVER my sister! It was ridiculous. THEN we decided we needed a drink after that, so I ordered a margarita. They brought me my margarita and I took a sip and looked in the glass and it was a QUARTER in my margarita at the bottom!!! This put the icing on the cake! Who finds a whole quarter in their drink?!! This had to have been the worst restaurant experience ever!!
- Great food, extra long waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was great. The service was good. The food was excellent. However, the wait for the food was ridicules. The manager made up for it in the end by taking some money off the bill, but 50 minute for your food to come out is Krazy. Good thing the foods taste was good. I had the slow roasted ribs with mash that has super flavor. My wife had the marinated steak fajitas and could not finish them all. They were even better the second day. My daughter has the nachos, they were ok. The guacamole was amazing. I strongly recommend this place when they move to their new place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedamydDined on 5/11/2014Messy, dirty, loud, need to got ahead and close this one before opening other one. I will not be back anytime soon.Special Features:
- Decent food, slow serviceAdam9926Dined on 5/10/2014Waited nearly a half hour for our drink order. Food was decent, but overpriced. Glasses sat empty for another half hour before they were refilled. Had to flag down waiter several times. Service was very slow and lacked attentiveness. Will not be back.Special Features:
- way too louddeafDined on 5/9/2014Extremely loud. Not the place to go unless you don't want to talk to who you went with or scream your conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service, but good foodManders1769Dined on 5/5/2014I probably shouldn't rate the service as harshly because my friend and I went there on Cinco De Mayo, but it was still bad. I still love the food. I got the Chicken tacos and they were fantastic. The guacamole and queso are very good. I am very snobby when it comes to guacamole, and this one I was very pleased with. Very Fresh. They are also decently priced. Their margaritas are really good too.Special Features:
- Great for Charlottekat1Dined on 5/5/2014Even on Cinco de Mayo: FAB service! Great food! Very energetic vibe!Special Features:
- cinco de mayocincoDined on 5/5/2014Even though we were there during a busy holiday service was great we didn't feel rushed enjoyed the atmosphere drink specials and delicious a la carte tacos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We always enjoy Cantina 1511GeoffGDined on 5/3/2014Had a great time at Cantina1511 once again. We have been here for special occasions, birthday gatherings, group outings and a few times when you are just in that mood for a great margarita. The service is always great and the food is fantastic. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres De MayoEetingooodDined on 5/3/2014The food is always good and good fun with friends along with servers!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014Cantina used to do a lot of catering for my sales job and I always loved the food! As a caterer they were so reliable; I never had to worry! Almost five years ago my territory changed and I wasn't able to afford the catering expense with delivery fees. So now we drive down from Lake Norman for every special occasion and any other time we can! At least 1-2 times per month! It is still my very favorite restaurant and the only one we drive into town for on a regular basis! We use open table as often as possible...many times even scheduling on our drive down :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceSoILDined on 4/19/2014The portions, quality and freshness of the food was fantastic. Our server was very friendly and helpful. The timing of drinks, appetizers and main entrees was well-spaced. My only complaint would be the comfort of the booth. The backs are almost completely vertical and the table sits too high with very little space from front to back.Special Features:
- Fantastic!Dmmcdonald8Dined on 4/19/2014My whole experience at Cantina 1511 was great! Angela, our waitress was awesome, the good was great (especially the Nutella Pie) and had good beer! Great date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.