Caffe Luna Rosa
34 South Ocean Blvd.
Delray Beach, FL 33483Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Caffe Luna Rosa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.caffelunarosa.com/index.php
- Phone: (561) 274-9404
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Thursday: 7:00am - 11:30am, Brunch: Friday - Sunday: 7:00am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ernesto DiBlasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning a party?? We will gladly customize a menu for you and have your food ready for pick up or delivered and served by our professional staff. Call 561-274-8898 ex. 12 for your party needs.
- Entertainment: Tuesday and Wednesday nights: Eric Hansen- Flamenco Guitar
- Cross Street: Atlantic Avenue
- Public Transit: Free Downtown Shuttle is available along Atlantic Avenue
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Our valet service is located at the corner of Atlantic Avenue and A1A. The cost is $5 with a validation or $2 for our VIP card members. Ask about our free VIP program.
A word from Caffe Luna Rosa
South Florida's Top Seaside Italian Restaurant. A magnificent ocean view sets the scene at Caffe Luna Rosa where delicious, authentic Italian cuisine and impeccable tableside service provide an unforgettable dining experience. From homemade pastas to delicate sauces, prime meats, fresh local seafood and whole fish specials, you will savor the essence of an Italian bistro. Enjoy a dynamic full service bar with signature cocktails and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list. Open 7 days, serving Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Weekend Brunch. Live Entertainment. Valet parking. Awarded Best Italian, Best Oceanfront and Best Outdoor Dining by Boca Raton Magazine Reader's Choice awards. Free VIP program available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Caffe Luna Rosa - Best Restaurants in Delray Beach ›
Caffe Luna Rosa reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (65)scenic view (49)neighborhood gem (49)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (30)great for brunch (28)romantic (26)great for lunch (23)hot spot (19)notable wine list (18)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Lulled by locationshellybocaVIPDined on 11/17/2014We met friends who were staying in a nearby motel as it was only a short walk. Service was very spotty and the waiter seemed surly. I am gluten free and i ordered penne with clams. Just so-so. The antipasto platter was nice. My husband had the night's special--linguini with seafood. he said it was cold. I know the restaurant has been there a long time--it has a nice view and is amid a busy scene. Just so-so.
- ExcellentEllieVIPDined on 11/16/2014We've never had a bad dining experience at Caffe Luna Rosa! It has become one of my favorite restaurants ever. The food is as good as any I've had in the south of Italy - always super fresh, well prepared and the presentation is always inviting. This was the first time 2 of my friends ate here and were quite pleased with the meal. The salmon and mahi entrees were superb and they are always gracioius about substituting a veggie for starch or the 'to die for' polenta cake for another starch. Highly recommend reservations and the noise level is more moderate if you sit outside where the 'people watching' is better also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE SERVICE WAS SO AWFUL .sushi1958VIPDined on 11/14/2014I love the location of this restaurant and sitting outside on a beautiful evening seemed almost perfect. It took way too long for our apathetic waiter to take our drink order. Service was extremely slow appetizers never arrived. Entrees arrived cold. A huge disappointment.
- Even better than last time.NewYorkerDined on 11/13/2014Second visit to this restaurant and eve better than the first, which was wonderful. Our companions had a great prime rib dinner, I had the tender and juicy chicken piccata and my husband's mahi mahi with lemon caper sauce was terrific. Love the extensive wine list with something for everyone, and every budget. A total winner in Delray and highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceswirlesVIPDined on 11/7/2014Gabriela (our server) was outstanding. I ordered the lobster pasta special, it was the best.
- DisappointedBirthdaycelebrationDined on 11/7/2014Chicken piccata was good but nothing spectacular like I expected. Lobster special of the night was 32.00 and the lobster in it was over cooked making it tough. Our waiter never came back to ask us how our food was. The tables were too close together and I felt overcrowded. Overall I think it's too pricey for what you get.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 10/29/2014Dealership features Italian food. Seafood is also available. Both my wife's and my food was very great and server was attentive. You can sit inside or outside and have view of Ocean. Ocean boulevard is in front, so there is some traffic. Caffe Luna offers half price drinks before from 3pm to 6pm. Valet ($5) or metered parking. We enjoyed our experience and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- petuniaDined on 10/27/2014We were only a table for 2 (one of us celebrating a 90th birthday) but we were treated like royalty. Great view and delicious brunch. Been there for dinners and have had several trays delivered to my home but first time for brunch. Definitely not the last time!Special Features:
- SharonVIPDined on 10/24/2014Always great good food. Made to order the way you like it. High quality...nice friendly service.Special Features:
- Fab50Dined on 10/18/2014The food was delicious. Great atmosphere. We were seated right on time. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better for brunch/lunchLRG727Dined on 10/18/2014Brunch and lunch are very pleasant. Dinner was just ok. I had arugula salad with grilled chicken. Chicken was cold. Husband had veal parm. Enormous piece but no pasta was offered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!DecoratedThatVIPDined on 10/13/2014The place itself isn't much to look at, aside from a great location if you can sit outside and see the ocean. If I hadn't read the reviews and then checked out the menu beforehand, one might walk right by this place as the decor just isn't that impressive. HOWEVER, the food more than makes up for it. We were a party of four and each of us had a different meal, each bursting with flavor. Nothing bland here at all. We loved that they were health conscious, serving brown rice with the meals, optional substitution of whole grain linguine noodles, and even a weight conscious portion of the menu which listed calories and Weight Watchers points! One of our party had a "diet" meal and we couldn't believe how generous it was and delicious.Special Features:
- Food quality and portion sizeDelraylarryrDined on 10/10/2014The food was excellent. we ordered an appetizer, the fried calamari and two dishes and had them spilt. The food was delicious but the serving size was humongous. Took about 2/3's of the food home. We had a wonderful waiter who told us the specials of the evening, I just think he should have told us we were ordering too much food. The dishes were family size proportions. So if you go dine there check on the portion size so you don't over order. Somehow we managed to have the cheesecake for desert and it was really good and of course we couldn't finish it, it was a large slice with a mound of whipped cream on the side with a huge sliced strawberry. I highly recommend La Luna Rosa, it was simply delicious.Special Features:
- Beautiful setting, amazing food!boonefoodieDined on 10/8/2014Ate here while visiting in the area with my mom and a couple friends. Sat on the patio, next to the open window, with a classical guitarist playing on the other side. I had the homemade lobster ravioli and it was amazing! Everyone in our party was impressed with the setting and the food. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Quaility Food & ServiceLefty38fmNYCDined on 10/4/2014Happy Hour was good (but too short) 3 to 6 PM . Service was outstanding all the way to the bus boys. Food was good but less than I expected considering the restaurant is rated # 1 by Trip Advisor. I admit to being spoiled when it comes to good food, as I come from New York and know when a place is over rated and too expensive for what they serve. Great location and a good spot for tourists but this local now knows better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian by the Beachcr8tonDined on 9/28/2014Luna Rosa is excellent for brunch but it is their dinner experience that stands out for me. If you are in the Delray area Luna Rosa is a must !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good experienceDisappointedDined on 9/22/2014I ordered the Mahi Mahi and when it arrived along with the other meals, it was cold and very tough. Sent it back to the kitchen. I ordered the special that my husband had thinking that it would come out quick, after all, it was the "special". The waiter kept coming back to the table to say that it would be out soon. I was then told the kitchen was backed up because thay had a big party come in. So in other words, our table was not as important at the "big party". The "special" never arrived and everyone in my party of four had finished eating. So, needless to say, I went without any dinner. So Caffe Luna, you were a huge disappointment. We do plan on returning to Delray Beach but not to Caffe Luna!
- Improperly advertisedFood4thoughtDined on 9/20/2014We made reservations based on reviews, the menu and the appearance of fine dinning. We did not end up eating at the Luna Rosa because when walking by the restaurant while going to lunch we realized this was a mostly outdoor, open air, very loud and crowded place. Not the place to go for fine, romantic dinning as portrayed in the web. I cannot comment on the food or service for these reasons but we were very disappointed, for this was not what we wanted. Fortunately the locals turned us on to a couple of really quiet, romantic spots and the day was saved.Special Features:
- Still LoveFoodie2foodieDined on 9/20/2014We are newly locals to Delray and have been to Luna Rosa twice and have loved both times. The calamari, Bolognese is superior as is the, Marsala, Picatta, flat breads, the list goes on.....Special Features:
- Dinner with FriendsToomieDined on 9/19/2014Maitre'd has a great memory for names and faces! Gave us a very nice table inside with a beautiful view of the ocean. Food and service very, very good. Excellent wine listSpecial Features:
- luna rosa delray beachOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014my wife and i had a fabulous meal outside. the food was excellent. i had a shrimp special. each shrimp was literally as large as a lobster tail. sean was a great waiter.Special Features:
- Wonderful Seaside RestaurantPleasedVIPDined on 9/12/2014Nice place as always to sit and have a nice lunch and or dinner at the ocean front. People watching and magnificent breeze with great food overall. Excellent service !Special Features:
- Fabulous food & Franco too!!!Foodies4LifeDined on 9/10/2014Because of its location and the fabulous reviews, my husband and I decided to try this wonderful restaurant. We called the same day for a reservation and Franco was beyond warm and inviting over the phone. When we got there, the place was quite lively and as promised, Franco gave us a great table! Rebecca was our server and not only was she knowledgeable about all of the food items, she was personality plus on the social level as well! We had the mixed seafood special over linguini. I had the white wine sauce and my husband had the tomato sauce. Fabulous!!! The sea food was cooked perfectly & the linguine al dente! For dessert, homemade pistachio gelato and a decadent chocolate dessert. We both loved them!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view was the best...ColossalshrimpDined on 9/10/2014The food was ok, beware of the specials, make sure you ask for the price. We were shocked to find our tab and be careful when asked for add ons. This place knows how to up charge you without letting you know of any pricing difference....we basically paid twice as much as what we thought we were getting even down to the water. The wait staff was fabulous, but our server didn't really explain anything and the man in the front was rude at entry and at leaving... He must own it, otherwise he shouldn't be there... I have dined at a lot of fine dining establishments and this was not one... Although my date said that their lunches and brunch are fabulous....Special Features:
- peter heroldpeteDined on 9/7/2014A very nice dinning experience. The food was high quality.Eating by the ocean was scenic. The Scallop special was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLillyVIPDined on 9/6/2014Hadn't been here for a long time. We were pleasantly surprised! The food was delicious, the service professional and friendly. We don't recall why we stopped going there but will definitely put it on our list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!grubmanDined on 9/4/2014Excellent & efficient service by the whole wait staff. Food was very good & obviously fresh. Was prime rib night. One of us had that, beautiful, large cut with unbelievable creamed corn! Calamari app. was terrific. Was fresh cut & served with zucchini strips & arugula, flash fried. Very inventive. Giant prawns stuffed with crab meat, was top notch. Only slight complaint was the veal chop was a little small & fatty. But all & all a wonderful meal & experience. If you have room, the desserts are great, especially the key lime tart!Special Features:
- Amazing every time!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014Whenever we make it to Delray or the surrounding area, we hit up Luna Rosa AT LEAST once. The food is so fresh - it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the BeachreviewsDined on 8/31/2014Great location on the beach. I found the food to be exceptional and service good. Great meatballs extensive wine list. I would go back. Great place to spend a night while sitting outside.Special Features:
- Very Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014We went over the Labor Day weekend. The restaurant was very noisy. The food was very good, the portions were satisfactory, and the service was excellent. I have a problem with meals that are completely a la carte in that the costs of salads and side dishes increase the overall pricing of the meal to a level that I find to be out of line. The price of the entrees was very fair.Special Features:
- superb especially seafood and pastaDelray67VIPDined on 8/30/2014A chef recommended Luna Rosa... For good reason! One of the best places in the region, period. Bolognese is best I've had. Love the fresh seafood that is incorporated into various dishes. The colossal shrimp is a must!Special Features:
- fnjacobsVIPDined on 8/30/2014It was an anniversary dinner & CLR came through with flying colors. We asked for an outside table, and got a great one. Even though the restaurant was packed on a Saturday night, you can have a conversation. The food was outstanding, the view is perfect, and everything went as planned. They even brought us a nice piece of cheesecake to celebrate our occasion. I had dined there before; my wife had not. We will make this one of our regular rotation spots.Special Features:
- RonnahopeVIPDined on 8/30/2014This visit found the food bland and tasteless. We have eaten here before, and there was a huge difference in taste and quality. I don't know what happened but I will not go back. Also, the air conditioning was apparently not working.
- Great for Dinner TooTmq54VIPDined on 8/30/2014My husband, kids and I LOVE Caffe Luna Rosa for breakfast. As hard as it is to believe, they are even more amazing for dinner. Perfect for a special occasion which it was this past weekend when we celebrated my inlaws 57th wedding anniversary. They gave us the perfect table and the food and total evening was wonderful. Thanks for making the evening special.Special Features:
- A1A GemDonDonVIPDined on 8/28/2014We have vacationed in this area for years and we come back to Cafe Luna every year and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- STEPHANIE7BOBDined on 8/23/2014great place for dinner.outside dinning was excellantSpecial Features:
- Just plain good!BuddyDined on 8/23/2014Meets every criteria for a very nice night with a loved one or friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as NY, NJ and Nana's kigchenHubbiesVIPDined on 8/10/2014Wow, what a find. We went for the Sunday Night Feast & it was just that. The meal started with fresh baked bread served with an oil & garlic dip. It was absolutely fantastic. For an appetizer we had caprese salad. The tomatoes were fresh & tasty. Our dinner was meatballs with ricotta cheese and the Sunday night feast. The pasta was cooked perfectly the meatballs, sausage & pork were slow simmered to enhance the taste of every component. We took at least half of the meal home so that we made room for dessert. Without a doubt this was THE BEST Tiramisu we have EVER had. Sorry Nana, Aunt Rose and Aunt Lucy but Casa De Angelo gave you a run for your money. You can be sure that we will become regulars at this authentic establishment.Special Features:
- WowYankee2Dined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary and we had a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I went for dinner Saturday night.Everything was excellent as always. The food was amazing we really enjoyed it.Our waitress Gabriella was wonderful.Special Features: