28 Belden Place
San Francisco, CA 94104Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafetiramisu.com/
- Phone: 4154217044x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sundays: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Pino Spinoso
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: All Reservations are confirmed for indoor dining. Because San Francisco Weather can & does change.
- Special Events: For our diners on New Year's Eve, we will be offering both a special set menu in addition to our normal menu.
- Cross Street: Kearny and Bush
- Public Transit: Montgomery Bart Station (Montgomery St & Market St), Muni, Cablecar on California Street. Walking distance from many hotels.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: Parking Options: Sutter - Stockton Garage located at 330 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA - Open Daily 24hours Street Parking after working hours
A word from Cafe Tiramisu
Cafe Tiramisu is an attractive, modest trattoria outfitted with stylized murals of Pompeii and other Roman ruins. Located in the heart of the financial district but you will feel like you are in Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Cafe Tiramisu - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Cafe Tiramisu reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (52)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (39)special occasion (26)romantic (24)great for lunch (23)good for groups (22)notable wine list (18)hot spot (12)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Just OKBayAreaVIPDined on 10/15/2014Ordered the soup and the striped bass. Fish was a bit dry and the potatoes didn't taste too fresh either. Service was ok.
- RascalDined on 10/15/2014My husband and I had an afternoon meeting in the City. We had lunch at this fabulous little gem. Authentic Italian. The pasta is fresh made there, it melts in your mouth. This will be our go to place when we're in the City. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSantaCruzDined on 10/11/2014We have been looking for a place like this in the city. Excellent food moderately priced. The wine list was good but overpriced so have a glass before you arrive. The atmosphere was okay a bit crowded but would still recommend. We will be back to try the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cafe Tiramisu and 28 Belden AlleyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/7/2014Belden Alley is a gen in the hustle and bustle of San Francisco: eat at the patio at Café Tiramisu to enjoy some of the city's best Italian favorites. The petrale sole with capers was wonderful, the veal marsala amazing. great for large groups.Special Features:
- A Taste of Europe in SFsfnativesonVIPDined on 10/4/2014Enjoyed a delicious dinner at Cafe Tiramisu with my family. It's a great spot for a warm weather night as the outdoor seating environment is quite unique in SF. The service was attentive and efficient and the food was well-prepared and tasty! We look forward to returning there...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown SF GemJohnBVIPDined on 10/2/2014One of the better San Francisco Italian restaurants - maybe even the best one not located in "Little Italy". We make it a must whenever we are in SF downtown shopping. Food is uniformly good and portion sizes are sufficient for sharing. Wine list is extensive and they have lots of good wines by the glass and in half bottle sizes which is just right for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whenever We Visit the City!OrangeCountyMickeyDined on 9/28/2014We have been coming here since the 80's. Food is still as good as our memories of the good times past. We have to eat at least lunch or dinner here every time we travel to San Francisco. The stuffed ravioli and Black Pepper pasta were a delight, and the tiramisu is always awesome! Alley reminds one of France........but the food is better.Special Features:
- Not the best, but a good Plan BLithuanianLionDined on 9/26/2014After sorting through dozens of restaurants that didn't have any reservations available, my girlfriend and I settled on Cafe Tiramisu partly because we both love tiramisu, but mostly because they had a table available. My Cioppino was very good, although not quite as good as The Tadich Grill. The Tiramisu was yummy, but not quite as good as Kuleto's. My girlfriend and I sat outdoors where the tables were packed together. Not very romantic. But at least the noise level wasn't as bad as in an enclosed restaurant. Our table was also on an incline. I thought my cioppino was going to spill over. The bill was hefty, but not outrageous.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Over priced and not very tasty. Wine list was overpriced for what it was. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Outdoors Great. Indoors not so muchLoloCardingDined on 9/11/2014There is a strong disinfectant odor inside the restaurant that is very off-putting. We had to switch to an outside table and it was a little chilly but tolerable.Special Features:
- Great spot!Danic15Dined on 9/6/2014Cafe Tiramisu is located on a cute street, makes you feel like your in Italy! The food was delicious! I recommend getting an appetizer or salad with your meal. The tiramisu was amazing! Definitely would come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful Visit to Italy (In SF)TomasVIPDined on 9/2/2014What a delightful experience!!! I've been to Italy many times and have enjoyed its cuisine.....and I also visit San Francisco every now and then. I've never dined at Cafe Tiramisu but when I return to SF, I will return here. Just a delightful experience....wonderful food, prepared and served in a very traditional Italian way. It's obvious the entire staff takes pride in what they do. And they do it well. I had the sole. It was served with an asparagus and crab risotto that was exquisite. That, in itself, could have been a meal. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, I felt that the staff wanted to make me--and the other diners--happy and content. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findSteveDined on 9/2/2014There are several restaurants next to each other and they all have decent food, but Tiiramisu shines with excellent food and service. Not too many places serve stuffed zucchini flowers and theirs are excellent. Their namesake dessert is great, too, and Giussepe takes very good care of you.Special Features:
- Bad experience this timeArrowDined on 8/30/2014We have eaten there before and enjoyed our experience, but the last time might be our very last time. I asked the waiter for suggestions for a sauce to go with my ravioli ( I didn't want the sauce that came with the meal on the menu) and all he could come up with was a simple marinara. He seemed annoyed that I didn't want the menu choice. I also ordered a side dish that never arrived. When I finally mentioned it to the waiter he said that he forgot to put in the order. My entree' arrived cold/lukewarm. One of the other diners had to send her fish back…..it tasted "off" and not fresh. The best things we ate were the bread and dipping sauce, and the dessert sampler. Service and food were under par, and it was not a busy night.
- Excellent food!SnowDined on 8/30/2014We (a group of five) enjoyed everything we had--appetizers (especially the octopus and calamari) , entrees (especially the bouillabaisse), and desserts (tiramisu and several others). The service was friendly and at the same time courteous.Special Features:
- Italy in San FranciscoMariaRDHVIPDined on 8/27/2014I have been frequenting Cafe Tiramisu for 25 years, since it opened. It keeps getting better and better. The grilled octopus is exceptional, asis the grilled peach and burrata salad. I had chicken stuffed with Gorgonzola, served with a side of delicious ravioli. We had the dessert tray for 2 (for 4) and i t was more than enough. Two bottles of Italian wine, and a nightcap of limoncello topped off a great evening. We hosted friends from Italy on their honeymoon, and they loved it!! Thanks Giuseppe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great outdoor seatingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014The food was good, the calamari is a great starter. The fish dishes and pasta were delicious. Outdoor seating is great, as long as the fog stays out at sea. The wine list is outrageously expensive.Special Features:
- Charming Italian GemLegalmommyof2Dined on 8/17/2014Took me back to Italy with its great decor, charming service and traditional Italian fare. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian mealnutcrackerDined on 8/16/2014The food was very good and the service/ambiance was exceptional. This is a real authentic Italian find (they've been here a long time-LOL). Big menu with lots of items....... moderately priced for SF. We had several appetizers (scallops, meatballs, bruchetta) - all very good. Five of us all had different entrees (sea bass, gnocchi, risotto, ravioli, spaghetti) - all excellent. Desserts were excellent (the Tiramisu was light and very good). Make reservations for an inside table - more private for conversation.Special Features:
- @TiramisuChowhoundVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always a favorite when we visit San Francisco. Food always is dependably delicious. Staff handled huge crowd deftly and with patience.Special Features:
- Good eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Dinner was delicious and he service was very good... I have been here before and my experience lived up to what I rememberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wont go back Bad Service.Food OKsunshinekacyDined on 8/9/2014We went back for the good waiter, we found out that he no longer works there, and the new waiter is bad. He is unhappy, and never asked to refill out drinks, just slam the plates on our table, and did not answer any questions we have.We get fast food service for the price we paid. And since the food is not as good as before either, we will not go back. For that price we can find better restaurant.
- Excellent dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/5/2014Our hotel recommended cafe tiramisu to us, it was a great find! Risotto was amazing, braised short rib ravioli awesome. Service was terrific. And our bruschetta was also awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SETTINGOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/5/2014Reminds one of a bistro in Europe--Tucked away in an alley, on Belden place [off Kearney], ===The outdoor seating is the best--Really enjoyed the calamari, with potatoes and zucchini.---ALL items were delicious=== Outstanding help and service from staff!! --J.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing In Every WayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2014Pino the Owner is the best, and recommends what we eat. He's never been wrong. Excellent experience in every way. Delicioso!Special Features:
- Good food, but...LJ2014Dined on 7/17/2014TThe hostess was friendly and served us a beverage as we waited for the rest of our party. The waiter however, was frosty and aloof. He was dressed VERY casually, so much so we wondered if he was just filling in for the night. We sat outdoors and had to endure cigarette smoke from diners (who seemed to be off duty employees from the French restaurant next door) who despite being asked to move a few feet away, repeatedly lit up just outside the entrance. The service was slow and inattentive, we had to hunt someone down to bring us a glass of water. I really wanted to like this place as I saw good reviews on Check Please. The lack of service and ambience underwhelmed our dining experience and therefore didn't match the prices they charged.
- Very disappointingMelanieVIPDined on 7/16/2014Has really been looking forward to trying this homey-looking Italian place on Belden Alley, but it disappointed on every level. Disinterested and very slow service. (Although there was one jolly waiter who seemed to be very attentive to regulars, our waiter was totally checked out.) Extremely noisy inside, and with tables so closely spaced, you will hear every word of neighboring conversations. Beer was warm (and waiter said there was nothing he could do about that), wine by the glass selections were poor. The food was perfectly good (very fresh burrata, homemade pasta, tasty veal), but nothing you can't get in North Beach or at other restaurants along the alley - and the service was so bad that it completely overshadowed the food.
- BobSDined on 7/13/2014Saw this on Check Please and thought we would try it but was not what we expected.
- Still one of the bestMonty44Dined on 7/12/2014It's been my pleasure to have dined at Cafe Tiramisu for over 20 years. In my opinion, it just gets better with time. We started with the squid ink risotto and scallops. A nice appetizer for 2. Risotto is done nicely and the scallops are melt in your mouth delicious. My wife had one of her favorites, short ribs. Even though Cafe Tiramisu's menu changes with what's in season, this has been a mainstay for a long time. And for good reason. Fork tender and rich, it's a wonderful dinner. I had the rack of lamb with lamb meatballs. Cooked to a nice medium-rare, they were heaven in every bite. The desserts are a point of pride here and one of the best values in the city is the sampler dessert tray. Please don't miss it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restuarantdmartinDined on 7/10/2014we loved the service and the food, will definitely go again !!!!!Special Features:
- Looking forward to going back...LoloCardingDined on 7/9/2014I'm a self-avowed Italophile... Love the country, people, food, language, culture - and you get a bit of all of that at Tiramisu. The food is comfortably good Italian, a few of the wait staff are Italian so you get that charming Italian background banter, and seating in the interior or outside in canopied Belden Alley is equally pleasant and smacks of a European trattoria/bistro experience. I've had two biz lunches there and am looking forward to going back for a lazy extended meal with a good Barbera.Special Features:
- Delicious but not memorableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/6/2014The two dishes we had (pasta & risotto) with seafood were delicious but not necessarily memorable. Our waiter was new & was not familiar with the restaurant's menu or wines to pair.Special Features:
- Excellent!DSarch68Dined on 7/3/2014I was very impressed by the quality of the food, which was more gourmet quality Italian and probably more authentic than your typical Italian-American style food. I had a potato gnocchi with lobster that was fabulous. My son's spaghetti with crab was fantastic as well. Our server was very pleasant and knew the menu really well. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor cafeJsk1Dined on 6/28/2014Cafe is located in a great space in an alley. Great ambience and lots of energy. Food was good. Service was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightJoeyDined on 6/26/2014Food was great. Loved sitting outside. Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- The following 590 reviews are from the Cafe Tiramisu reviews archive.
- Yummy!JennypDined on 6/14/2014I would and will be recommending this place to all my friends who are in sf or just visiting sf. Walking into the alleyway entrance with all the other awesome Italian restaurants was a neat experience. The food was great. The service was fast. As soon as one plate was finished, your second or third was right behind it. Definitely a top recommendation for any foodie out there. Even non foodies who are looking for a true sf dining experience. Thank you Cafe Tiramisu staff! Can't wait to enjoy another meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pathetic serviceMeghaDined on 6/10/2014will never come here again. such rude staff. my food plate was filthy. nobody bothered to even clean the splatter on the plate. no water until we asked for it. the waiter had bad breath too. yuck.Special Features:
- OutstandingGregVIPDined on 6/7/2014This is a true gem. Everything is made to perfection, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceDineDivineDined on 6/7/2014I don't usually write reviews unless I am seriously pleased or seriously disappointed. I am here to say I am seriously pleased. I usually hit up Sauce or Plouf on Belden Place but my new favorite go-to is Cafe Tiramisu. Every time the food has been fresh and delicious, and the service outstanding. I've had the short rib ravioli, cooked perfectly al dente. I've also had the short ribs which were very tender falling apart in your mouth full of flavor. The mussels were plump and meaty and cleaned perfectly. The broth was light and not oily. My only constructive criticism would be the chef has a heavy hand with the salt, just a tad so that it takes away from the dish. Yet, the dishes are delicious and come through regardless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a great value for the moneydatenightDined on 6/5/2014The caesar salad was just ok. We had the Halibut and the pini with seafood which were both tasty. A glass a wine for $13 when the average at most other restaurants for wine by the glass is often times $8-10. It isn't that they were exceptional wines..just average. I had notified the restaurant that we were there for our anniversary on our open table reservation notes. Either the restaurant doesn't get the note, doesn't read the note, or simply doesn't think care! When we arrived we told the hostess that we were there for the Dine-in program and she acted as if she had no idea what we were talking about. She handed us the standard menus only.