384 W 13th Ave
Eugene, OR 97402Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.soriah.com/wp/
- Phone: (541) 342-4410
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Mediterranean, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Ibrahim Hamide
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Cafe Soriah
A Eugene favorite for almost twenty years, Café Soriah is defined by ancient world spices & Northwest bounty . Enjoy all that Oregon has to offer whether it be a renowned Pinot Noir from just miles away or a freshly caught wild salmon. Each dish is prepared combining classic recipes with quality local ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cafe Soriah - Best Restaurants in Eugene ›
Cafe Soriah reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (15)romantic (14)neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (6)notable wine list (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Simply the best place in townJohnandChristaDined on 11/9/2014It's "the" place to go when you have special guests and they are always glad to come back. Further, Ib took care of us for our 50th wedding anniversary three years ago and everyone enjoyed the wonderful food he prepared and the service he gave the 80 friends who came to be with us. It was also a good delight to see some friends we didn't expect to see and don't often see also there enjoying Cafe Soriah as the place to go.Special Features:
- LONE IT!alwayssatisfiedDined on 11/2/2014Cafe Soriah is our "go-to spot" for special occasions! It satisfies on all levels, the food, the service, the atmosphere! We are never disappointed at Cafe Soriah!Special Features:
- AMAZING foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014I knew, from friends, that this place was good. But the food definitely exceeded my expectations.Special Features:
- Great find!JennaDined on 10/11/2014My mom and I were in search of somewhere new to have a nice girls night dinner. After some research online we decided on Cafe Soriah. From the outside it looks like a little hole in the wall, but as soon as you walk in the ambiance changes. We ate outside on the patio, which was small but very cute. The service was great, but the food was amazing! We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad chickenTravelerVIPDined on 10/8/2014Server was very and had high hopes for the place but chicken on my entree was bad and tasted spolied. The mashed potatoes and sauce was good though.
- Great food and wonderful staffOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 10/8/2014We had a delicious meal and the chef even came out and chatted a while. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodjunkieineugeneDined on 10/4/2014Cafe Soriah continuous to be one of the best in Eugene. Excellent food, carefully prepared. The service has room for improvemet.Special Features:
- Never DisappointedFoxglove55Dined on 10/2/2014We celebrate our anniversary here every year because it's one of the few quality dinners in Eugene. Their meat is fabulous and cooked perfectly. The only issue I had this year was that the dinner salad was somewhat soggy and nothing special. Also there was a woman at a nearby table that talked so loudly that it was annoying. I recommend the Steak Diane without a doubt!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jlandblDined on 10/1/2014I would highly recommend Cafe Soraih.We sat on patio it was wonderful. It was a beautiful fall evening first part of October.They were kind enough to bring the outdoor heaters right next to our table when it got alittle chilly.We pretty much had the patio to ourselves. We made a reservation online for 5 people and it turned out to be 6. I called about an hour before reservation to let them know of additional person and they were so accomodating. The chef came out many times to check on us. He is so delightful. Food was exceptional! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Positively Outstanding!luv2eatDined on 9/27/2014We went to Cafe Soriah for my birthday dinner with friends. I could not have been more pleased!!! The staff were fantastic and the ambiance was stellar. We were seated outside and to have the chef prepare our Steak Diane outside right by us was amazing! I cannot say enough good about Cafe Soriah. I cannot wait to come again!! :)Special Features:
- LambOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014The lamb (Rack Lamb?) was unable to eat, very tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MemorableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Very,very good Mahi-Mahi ambiance was very special, this was my wife and my 7th Wedding Anniversary, so wanted to give us a memorable occasion to eat and talk, was surprised about the back patio area which really was special and memorable, Thank you!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner bustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in town. This visit, however was terrible. Slow, inattentive service, overly salted calamari, improperly cooked chicken and steak and runny creme brûlée. Strange and unlike any other visit :(Special Features:
- happy1happy1Dined on 8/15/2014this was a great dining experience, loved the food and the chef.We will be back and recommend for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurant.BorntogrouseDined on 7/31/2014Restaurant has nice clean ambiance. Great decor. Bar well tended with specialty drinks. Decent wine list. My wife and I both order fish dinners. She ordered a halibut and said that it was very good. I had a special for the night snapper that was overcook. Looking back I should have send it back. We had cherries jubilee for desert that were supposed to be "flambe", but the flambe was done in the kitchen. I would have prefer it to be done at the table. Maybe a safety issue. I am only in Eugene visiting so I won't be going back to the Cafe soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Cafe Soriah reviews archive.
- Excellent eveningHereAndThereAndBackAgainDined on 7/23/2014Our recent dinner outside was delightful. The food was prepared well, service was attentive, and we felt very comfortable in the back area with grape vines and lots of green to give it a nice ambiance. We recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, laid backJayWDined on 7/22/2014Late dinner one night, sat in the garden, wonderful atmosphere, began to wonder if we would ever get our food....Waiter was very nice and kept promising apps were coming, not sure why it took so long. Same issue with entrees. Food was excellent in both quality and presentation, everyone very happy, just glad we were not in a hurry or had any children with us. And very surprising because since it was 9pm on a Tuesday night, the restaurant was almost empty when we go there. Would definitely go back and recommend, with expectation of a long relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality dining, friendly servicewjccDined on 7/11/2014From the owner on down, it's clear there's an eye for detail at Cafe Soriah. Great use of spices. Ib makes his customers feel like welcome guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly Fine DiningMomofformeremployeeDined on 7/8/2014Elegant setting, rich ambiance, quality service, and food that makes me smile. The owner/chef, Ibriam Hamide, has been an outstanding, long-contributing member of the Eugene community for many years, and does magic with food. He is truly gifted in his culinary skills, he can make one's mouth sing! He well respected, greets his customers warmly, and it is not uncommon to see him even clearing or re-setting a table. In Ib's absence, his head chef, Jeff, follows closely in his footsteps in preparing Ib's food with the utmost of care. Truly a gem of a dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VistButtonsDined on 6/28/2014Food was very tasty. Menu was safe for gluten-free folks - even the Steak Diane was gluten-free. Waitress was not so great - She was really slow with everything. I had to get up and go find her to get our check. I would certainly go again though.Special Features:
- botaDined on 6/27/2014excellent setting, service, and food -- we come frequently and always leave happy and well-fedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backgr8foodloverDined on 6/22/2014The place is a mellow classy restaurant. Nice atmosphere, street parking not great. We ordered the salmon special, a shrimp special and steak Diane. I can's say enough about the steak diane, literally melted in my mouth. My two companions loved their food also. Portions were very generous. We had 30 minutes between salad and main course though. Other diners came and went before we got out of there. Snafu in the kitchen? Food was not hot but luke warm. We definitely will give them a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 50th wedding anniversaryluvfoodDined on 6/21/2014We have spent the last 5-6 wedding anniversaries at Cafe Soriah and they have all been wonderful. The back terrace has a slightly European feel, the staff are friendly. My husband always orders the steak Diane, and swears it's the best he ever had.Special Features:
- Beyond slowopentablefanVIPDined on 6/20/2014It took upwards of 10 minutes before someone came to take our drink orders and things only went downhill from there. It took a 35 minutes to get appetizers and was a solid 45 minutes after that before receiving our entrees. Our waitress did not check in or otherwise keep us updated in between. And when our entrees came, both fish dishes were badly overcooked. The salmon was so much so it could be picked up like a board. Server offered us free dessert when we noted the fish was overcooked, but we were afraid to stay and wait for it. She could have taken off our $10 appetizer instead, but did not offer to do so. The ambiance of the place was just lovely but beyond that could not recommend it in any respect.
- Great as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2014I have dined here many times. Love the food and always come back. Tried the Butternut Squash stuffed Raviolis which were fantastic. The brown bread was super good ann we HAD to have the banana's voter for desert, Have never been disappointed. Thanks again~!Special Features:
- Wonderful Service Great Owner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/9/2014Me and my husban were visisting my brother In law and it just so happen to be our anniversary weekend! I looked up great places to eat in Eugene and I must say in so happy I have this place a chance :) the service was great and the chef/owner made me and my husband feel so welcomed and special he even gave us a special FREE desert at the end of our meal. And the best part was he cooked our food right infront if us! We sat in the Garden outside which is where he cooks at . Steak Dianne wonderful and my husband Lamb for the first time and loved it! I so wish we didn't live all the way in California :(((( I would love to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow a jewel!Nana541Dined on 6/7/2014Never disappoints! Food is wonderful and the owner obviously is proud of his food and he should be. We will continue to visit this place when visiting Eugene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meets High StandardsEugenianDined on 5/27/2014Soriah aims to achieve the highest standards in dining in the Eugene area. This review is written in view of that. I notified the staff we had a birthday person in our party of three. The calamari was perfectly done. One $29 full plate came with a very large salad of mixed greens that we all enjoyed some. We also had salmon with a light breading & a special with lamb that was very flavorful. I had Spanakopita which was good, but can it be made to justify the high price? There was a little mix up on one plate, delaying it about 5 minutes. We ordered a birthday dessert, which was then given to us free. Four stars only because the price of the Spanikopita and the mix up in the plate. Picky but for the high expectations for this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nearly PerfectMimiHDined on 5/25/2014Beautiful outdoor space, consistently delicious menu, gracious servers, make a restaurant experience perfect for a special occasion. Only drawback was *extremely* slow service - (2 hrs seating to check) perhaps due holiday weekend dining? ok for leisurely family chatting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as AlwaysfoodluvinDined on 5/21/2014Soriah is our favorite restaurant ever!. We have traveled all over the world and would still choose Soriah if asked where we wanted to eat. The Owner Ib, is always super friendly and he stops by to talk to all of the tables. Soriah is famous for their Steak Diane, which is beyond delicious- it melts in your mouth! But my personal favorite is Gaza Sauce. It is a spicy garlic pomegranate sauce that is amazing over anything. Oh and lets talk calamari, it is the BEST! It is not deep fried like most that you find at restaurants. It is hand breaded and pan fried with capers, and diced jalapenos. I have sampled just about everything they have had to offer on the menu-which changes regularly. An am never disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best restaurant in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014always a fantastic experience. wonderful food, service, and ambiance. i love cafe soriah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef Ib is amazingGradNiteDined on 5/10/2014Every occasion we have had to dine here at Cafe Soriah has been a delight. The food is exquisite, from the Goat Cheese Salad, to the Steak Diane, to the Bananas Foster absolutely wonderful, and Chef Ib Hamide's personal appearance at the table to discuss or orders is always a pleasure. Attentive and caring server staff top off the delicious food with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 5/8/2014Fine dining in cozy, casual atmosphere. Have eaten at Cafe Soriah many times. Always nice menu, great food, great service, and friendly staff to make your dining experience a wonder experience. Food is always well prepared, nice portion sizes, though an appetizer, entree, and dessert will be a hardy meal. Definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2014The food was very good. This hostess was very personable and seemed to be the hardest working person in the place. The bartender was not friendly or personable. Our waitress was not bad just busy. She was the only one waiting tables. My issue lies more with the appearance of the restaurant itself and the dishes and silverware. The inside is in need of some TLC. The plates are white but had black marks all over them. They had no more cloth napkins so were putting paper napkins on the table and my steak knife had to have been 25 years old. I used my butter knife to cut my Steak Diane. The need to retire their current dishes, steak knives and clean up a little inside.Special Features:
- Elegant, yet comfortable.EugeniandinerDined on 4/11/2014The perfect place for my mother's 92nd birthday diner. She loved the mixed seafood entre with a delicately fruity pinot gris. But most of all she adored her birthday cake, prepared just for her by the pastry chef. I had called ahead to work out the ingredients: a soft vanilla sponge cake with almond custard and fresh strawberry filling, topped with whipped cream frosting and more fresh strawberries. Light and creamy--her favorite textures. My mother declared it the best birthday dinner ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findEdLaVIPDined on 4/10/2014We had a party of 8 and everyone enjoyed their meal immensely. From the appetizers to the main course everything was great and the servers were very friendly and helpful. The steak Diane and lamb dishes were outstanding.Special Features:
- Superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/9/2014I love the quality service and excellent food at Cafe Soriah's! One of my favorite places to dine in Eugene!Special Features:
- Surprise ambiance insideOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014Our first visit to the restaurant accompanied by out of state guests. The ambiance and surprise interior were delightfully received by all of us. But our reservations were at 6:30 pm and we did not get served until after 7:30 pm. We were patient, but getting hungrier and increasingly antsy as the wait time grew. Once our food arrived, it seemed dry like it had been sitting for a while. The restaurant was very full and I'm guessing this may have been an unusual situation where they had more guests than anticipated with not enough servers to accommodate the crowd.Special Features:
- It's all truesantiammanDined on 3/27/2014We both had the steak Diane, and it was everything others have said about it. Absolutely wonderful. The best steak I have had within 500 miles. Prepared by the owner, a few feet away from us. Excellent spinach salad. Service excellent and knowledgeable, if a bit slow (the restaurant was filled). Since I am quite hearing impaired, the high noise level and small size of the restaurant were problems, but they were mine. Others may find that a plus. Overall, quite possible the best dining experience in Eugene.Special Features:
- Great food, and service, andpharmbeavDined on 3/22/2014Great food, and service, and great environment for a date night or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.