4420 Warwick Blvd.
Kansas City, MO 64111Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.kemperart.org/cafe/index.asp
- Phone: 8165617740
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm, Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jennifer Maloney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Please call or visit www.kemperart.org for details.
- Private Party Contact: Betty Kindler 816-797-1544
- Entertainment: Please visit www.kemperart.org for Musician's schedule.
A word from Café Sebastienne
One of Kansas City's premier restaurants, Café Sebastienne combines the worlds of contemporary art & contemporary cuisine in the heart of the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art. Chef Jennifer Maloney utilizes the season's offerings & local organic produce in her creative menus.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Café Sebastienne - Best Restaurants in Kansas City ›
Café Sebastienne reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (67)fit for foodies (64)great for brunch (52)neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (30)good for groups (14)romantic (14)scenic view (13)notable wine list (9)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great for a nice lunchtablefor4Dined on 10/22/2014Happy to find Cafe Sebastienne to be as wonderful as ever after not dining there for some time. Fish tacos were outstanding and the pear/currant crisp had just the right hint of ginger to delight the taste buds. Good energy throughout the cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodSundayDinersVIPDined on 10/12/2014Food and service are generally dependable and worth the drive from Overland Park.Special Features:
- Cafe Sebastienne DeliversToniGDined on 10/5/2014Such a delicious brunch! We love dining with Dale, Stacy, Sloan and the whole Cafe Sebastienne Crew!!! Sweethearts every last one of them and soooo professional :)Special Features:
- A Kansas City GemLidiasDiddlely0Dined on 10/4/2014I liked everything about Cafe Sebastienne; the "high arts" district location, the Kemper, the art decor in the Cafe, the bright open space, the atmosphere, the presentation of the tasty food and the service. I will always bring my guests from out-of-town here.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNeFoodieDined on 9/21/2014Good food, prepared well, impeccable service. Our server, Dale, was knowledgeable about the menu and made recommendations about items we should try. His suggestions were spot on and made the experience a very enjoyable one. After brunch suggested places we might like to try for dinner.Special Features:
- GabyEatsVIPDined on 9/20/2014Cafe Sebastienne has a wonderful menu and cocktails. Seating is in the atrium (wonderful lighting but a bit noisy with the echos) or inside with a view on the atrium and wall art.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014After dinner, all three of us agreed this was one of the best meals we had in a long time. One diner commented that she's never had a mediocre meal at Café Sebastienne. Wonderful, creative salad through perfect desert, this was a truly great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh dinner.DisappointedDined on 9/19/2014As locals we have eaten here often for brunch and have enjoyed the setting. Great staff, nice aesthetic, etc. We took an out-of-town guest for dinner on the first night of the 2014 Plaza Art Fair, and found plenty of easy parking despite the surrounding traffic. Dinner was disappointing - we all had the Moroccan lamb Bolognese. It was spiced nicely (mint & cardamom) but far too salty and the meat had little lamb flavor. Sadly, I easily could have done better with store-bought hamburger. We had a pleasent evening in a nice setting otherwise. Keep in mind the museum doors may lock behind you if you are having a late dinner and leave to take a phone call...Special Features:
- Cafe Sebastian Never Disappoints...KC50Dined on 9/18/2014Good food, beautifully mixed cocktails, wonderful service and a subtly European atmosphere make Cafe Sebastian one of my absolute favorite get-away spots for lunch. I always prefer a corner alcove table in the courtyard, UNLESS... If the courtyard if even half full or if a large party has been seated there, the space is VERY noisy, making conversation with dining companions difficult and, sometimes unpleasant. If so, a table in the dining room can be a little cramped, but enjoyable and intimate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We sat there for 2 hours and no one pushed us to leave. Both the food and the setting were lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ample pricey but superb cuisineTasteOfAntoineDined on 9/16/2014The food and service could hardly be better. Three of us ordered three different dishes. All were excellent. It's pricey, but the food is more than ample and not disappointing.Special Features:
- Fabulous lunchHattieVIPDined on 9/12/2014Ordered the lunch trio-soup, salad and sandwich. The best lunch I have had in any restaurant in years. All three components were excellent, Mulligatawny soup, pasta pesto salad and a ham on brioche sandwich. Hope they repeat this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amandaDined on 9/11/2014Ordered flat bread pizza. it was delicious as usual, however, do not care for the side "salad". It is just a small bunch of somewhat harsh tasting greens with a sprinkling of cheese. Field greens or even spinach would be so much better.Special Features:
- Love this place!!!VeggieTDined on 9/5/2014We went to celebrate our 10 year anniversary and we weren't disappointed. We chose Cafe Sebastianne because we had our reception there and had an amazing experience. Ten years has only made them better. The food was super fresh - we had grouper - , the lovely server worked with us to find a wine we liked, and the goat cheese cheesecake was the perfect way to end the evening. Loved every minute of it. Inside seating was full but the noise was tolerable.Special Features:
- ArtymunchieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great for Art, but the once best restaurant has failed this time. The menu was over the top in tomatoes and under in entree offerings. Also missing were enough veggie sides to be able to switch out one for another making it hard for children as well as picky eaters. I guess this is not a place to take teens other than to view the amazing art collection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryVIPDined on 9/2/2014The liver was very good - not overcooked. The prices of the wine are a bit high. The wine was good, but a tad expensive. "Steve" the waiter was very good - he should get a gold star.Special Features:
- amandaDined on 8/30/2014Very good service...everyone all smiles and very nice. No flour chocolate cake was to die for and beautifully presented. The flat bread pizza was really good but not as good as the last time I ordered it. The squash was very over cooked and runny. I scrapped it off and still enjoyed my pizza.Special Features:
- Excellent Food and ServiceSundayDinersVIPDined on 8/24/2014Food and service are about the best in KC! We especially like Sunday brunch and if we need a Reuben, a lunch during the week meets that need.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud but goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014The main room is still way too loud. I say that as if there was a chance it might be something other than loud sometime, but I don't think that will ever happen. It's a fun place to go but you must be willing to (a) accept a constant, very high noise level and (b) forego conversation at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at Sebastienne!LenexasaraDined on 8/17/2014A wonderful setting for a celebratory brunch for seven! Lovely selection of menu options. All dishes were outstanding particularly the Brioche French Toast, the Omelet, and the Breakfast Hash...Simply delicious. The only downside was that it was noisy and a bit chilly but the food soon made us forget any inconvenience!Special Features:
- HungryVIPDined on 8/7/2014I had the fish of the day - salmon - a very nice size thick piece - cooked rare as I like it. My friend had the pizza which looked too good to eat - really - & she said it was delicious. If you eat with your eyes it must have been. Our server, Charles, is the best but then I'm not telling you anything you haven't heard before. I will be back, I guarantee it. SueSpecial Features:
- I'm never disappointed-always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014It does get really loud, but I know that's how it is when you have a high ceiling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, as always!lindapDined on 7/30/2014I had the flatbread pizza, which was excellent (and slightly more than I could eat). I prefer the ambience and acoustics of the inside dining room over the atrium seating. Cafe Sebastienne has never disappointed me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarketGuruDined on 7/22/2014Always a pleasure - always delicious! Great place for a business lunch or a delightful mean with a friend.Special Features:
- Always the best in Kansas CityHappyDinerVIPDined on 7/15/2014We tried a new offering yesterday - Summer Vegetable Crepe. It was quite beautiful, delicious and filling. Topped with a thin layer of melted Gruyere cheese -mmmm! Staff is always friendly and accommodating. Every diner feels like family by the time their Cafe Sebastienne experience is over. Yesterday there were several different catered events occurring simultaneously throughout the museum and it did not affect our fine service or food negatively in any way. These are pros. Remains top of our list favorite restaurant in KC.Special Features:
- Brunch ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The food was superb and presented so beautifully. The service was excellent. A very enjoyable experience. Plan to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine food, beautiful setting2homeDined on 7/13/2014You can't go wrong with the Sunday brunch here. My French Toast was so good that I wished I'd ordered the double portion, even so it was filling. My wife's order of salmon/tilapia fish tacos was large enough she needed some help and it was almost as tasty as the FT. Our friends ordered the club sandwich and the omelette and they were very pleased with both. The bill was very reasonable considering the quality of the food and the service was pleasant, competent and unhurried. The bonus was a quick tour of this excellent modern art museum, celebrating it's 20th anniversary in KC!Special Features:
- Nothing but perfection.NataliaDined on 7/13/2014I have been here several times, and every time the food is outstanding and the service is excellent. The manager came to the table to check on us, and the server was attentive, yet gave us space and time to talk.Special Features:
- Cafe Sebastienne is GREATToniGDined on 7/6/2014I so look forward to treating myself to the occasional Sunday brunch that I enjoy in my solitude or with a good friend. The staff always treats me so well and I think they are amongst the most professional in Kansas City.Special Features:
- The following 583 reviews are from the Café Sebastienne reviews archive.
- Just love Charles.satisfiedDined on 6/27/2014We always have great food; and this time was no exception. And, of course, having Charles take care of us was even better. We shall return as we always do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent bruncheagerdinerDined on 6/22/2014Having had many delicious brunches at Cafe Sebastienne, I was disappointed on this visit to not see the biscuits and gravy on the menu. But that led me to the savory waffle embedded with Mortedella and fontana cheese, topped with maple syrup spiced with chili pepper. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure to dine here!hatgraphicsVIPDined on 6/19/2014Café Sebastienne is one of my favorite places to have lunch with friends or business colleagues. The food and service is always top notch. I also love that I can take in some art and culture. It's like a mini-vacation getting to go through the galleries before or after lunch. This is a great escape from hectic work days!Special Features:
- Always LoveMonkee2VIPDined on 6/15/2014My favorite place for brunch or dinner. Never had anything but amazing dishes. Great service and beautiful space.Special Features:
- Terrific for brunchlenexamomDined on 6/15/2014Other than being a bit noisy, it was a very nice place for brunch. The food was delicious and the service was attentive without being hovering. The mimosas were device.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfiedDined on 6/6/2014Always great food and service. I especially love the desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HungryVIPDined on 6/6/2014Terrific restaurant for leisurely lunch. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Standby for a Business LunchMarketGuruDined on 6/5/2014The Cafe is one of my go-to's when entertaining a new business contact. It never disappoints and almost always exceeds my expectations with respect to food and quality of service. This time was no exception and as it was a first time for my guest, she was thrilled to find another great place to dine in Kansas City.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulfoodloverDined on 6/1/2014I love Cafe Sebastienne. The food is delicious and the wait staff is always friendly and efficient. It's a great place to go for a leisurely Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014From the tasty Manhattans through every single course, the food was wonderful - a great dining experience!Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/25/2014It was my first time having brunch at the Kemper Museum and I enjoyed it very very much. My guests had a fantastic time as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.