Bully's East Restaurant
2401 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92109Neighborhood:
Prime RibPrice: $30 and under
Bully's East Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bullyseastsd.com/
- Phone: (619) 291-2665
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Prime Rib
- Executive Chef: Luis Martinez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Bully's East entertainment are the 13 TV screens that show all seasonal sporting events throughout the year. Long time supporters of all local San Diego sports teams.
- Cross Street: Texas Street
- Public Transit: Located on Texas Street directly out front of Bully's East there are two bus stops, one heading South up Texas Street and one heading North down towards Qualcomm Way.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There are 61 marked parking spaces and two handicap spaces available for our patrons. In addition to Bully's East parking lot there are two lots located above and below Bully's East that offer parking after 5pm.
A word from Bully's East Restaurant
One of the best restaurants in San Diego, Bully's East Est. 1971 features award winning prime rib, steaks, fresh seafood, ribs, burgers, sandwiches and a kids menu. We are a local restaurant that is known for superior quality, exceptional value and friendly service. Whether it's lunch, brunch or dinner it is sure to be a pleasurable dining experience. When San Diego thinks of prime rib Bully's East is their "1st Choice".Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bully's East Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (22)neighborhood gem (17)vibrant bar scene (13)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (12)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)romantic (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Pleasant EveningEatWellDined on 11/22/2014We enjoyed the cozy table reserved for our party of 5 and could enjoy conversing and laughing without feeling like we were disturbing other diners. Has an old pub vibe. The service was really excellent. Had some nice specialty cocktails and others had wine. The server knew her wines and food preparations. We enjoyed prime rib, ribs, meatloaf and saurbraten. Nice surprise to see some German food items on the menu. The portions are very plentiful. Sides were very good, esp the Anna Potatoes. Vegetables were cooked just right....not overcooked. Our server brought my husband a piece of cheesecake for his birthday. We have been here several times before (over 30 years) and it is consistently great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't be the dependable prime rib!GP13Dined on 11/22/2014We come down for Charger games and found this gem because it's near the Marriott. Always good service and consistent quality of food. We come for the prime rib and either get the wedge salad or the onion soup, both excellent. It has a sports bar feel when you walk in, but the booths and tables are set up so if you don't care about sports and just want a good solid meal, this is the place. The portions are perfect, the variety of sides are good and it's become one of our 'go to' places in San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time dining there.heycwDined on 11/19/2014Good food...served in a timely fashion. I would return for another dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late nightersHCastingDined on 11/7/2014I pick up my husband from the train, usually late at night. We are always so happy that Bully's is open. Food is great! Always love our waitress!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loveredsDined on 10/26/2014It's justifiably famous for prime rib and the menu has lots of "surprise" offerings like rouladen and sauerbratten. Most entrees come with a choice of two "side dishes". Besides the usual sides of various potatoes, beans, rice, etc. the choices include soup of the day, French onion soup, and salad. I like soups and salads better than cooked vegetables and potatoes so this policy suits me fine. Wines are rather expensive and the consistently stingy pours "by the glass" disappointed me. This is a place where everyone can find something they like on a diverse menu so a group with foodies and "meat and potato" folks should find Bully's a good compromise for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The prime rib is what Bully's was known for before the menu got so big. Now it is very poor and chewy. Other meals just ok. Menu too big we think. Watress did the best she could, too spread out and way too many people in room. Big groups!
- GandBDined on 10/25/2014The hostess desk and our waitress were outstanding! The staff is excellent. They contributed to a delightful evening. Thank you. We were very glad we booked our reservations through Open Table. The restaurant was packed.
- 1st time at Bully'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Great service and menu was outstanding!!! 20oz Porterhouse was so tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mahlzeitmahlzeitDined on 10/10/2014Used to dine very frequent at Bully's, heard negative comments, so I went to try it again, some changes, mostly the prices. I had prime bits/Cajon style, the price had jumped from $ 9.00 to $ 15.00, was good but not worth the price, it is not likely that I will be back with friends.
- Best Prime RibGP13Dined on 10/4/2014We really wanted to try the Oktoberfest specials last weekend but can never pass up their prime rib. Don't get down to San Diego often, but when we do, we try to get to Bully's East at least one night. Nice portions, good service and always hopping.Special Features:
- Avoid Game DaysBullysguestDined on 10/4/2014The one thing you can always count on at Bully's is wonderful food - the Prime Rib is always superb, however you should avoid the restaurant on College Football and playoff days. This past Saturday I took my family to Bully's for dinner at 6:00 with an Open Table reservation. The restaurant was packed but we were seated almost immediately in the very noisey front section by the door. After almost 10 minutes a waitress finally greeted us and took a drink order. 15 minutes after taking the order the waitress returned and took our dinner order and apologized for the delay in getting our drinks. The drinks arrived 30 minutes after we ordered them and our dinner came 45 minutes later than that. They comped the drinks and offered dessert.I would recommend this to a friend.
- food awesome service not so muchredmeatfixDined on 9/28/2014Food was good. Got my red meat fix. Prices were kind of high ($28 11oz prime rib $32 16oz ribeye with bone). I would have loved the ribeye if it was more melt in your mouth delicious but it was ok. Prime rib was awesome. Got mine with horseradish crust for an extra $3. Still, not $31 delicious. Service was horrible. My water never got filled, took the waitress a good 20 min before taking our order, food was slow to come out & it wasn't even that busy for the slow service. I was only given one napkin and was never able to catch the server's eyes to ask for another one. She just kept running pass our table. They just need to better train their servers and better run the kitchen. If everything was more efficient I would love this place more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Waitress was very good and friendly...everyone was very satisfied with their meal, (group of 10), atmostphere was pleasant and other patrons seemed to be enjoying themselves. Would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prime rib to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014I've been coming to Bully's East for many years. Service consistently excellent and best prime rib in San Diego! I'm not a steak person, but also great steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Prime Rib in the WorldHowardnyDined on 9/25/2014The above title says it all. Its been here for years and its consistent food price, quality, and portions make it the best place to go for a casual dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime ribJeffDined on 9/20/2014Outstanding prime rib. Is actually a sports bar so not very quiet. Good service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- southpaw133Dined on 9/17/2014Excellent! Best Prime Rib out there. Not fancy just great food and great service. I would highly recommend it----only wish it was closer so I could go there more often.Special Features:
- Very Poo ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014We have been eating at Bully's for many many years and have never had such poor service as we did this past Saturday night. The food was good as usually, but we basically did not get any service. Our waitress took our order, forgot a salad, forgot a drink, and forgot dessert. She never came to check on us and ask if everything was okay, and never apologized for forgetting so many things! Not exceptible when there are so many other restaurants to visit.Special Features:
- Service Downhillluv2eatDined on 9/6/2014The service was horrible. Had to wait 20 minutes just to place drink order. The tables are small, which is OK, as long as they keep the table cleared. We had finished our bread and appetizers when the dinner plates came. The waitress moved the empty appetizer plates and empty bread basket to make room for the dinner plates and then left, leaving the empty dishes on the table. Unsat in my opinion.
- I will be backJackDined on 8/30/2014Horseradish crusted prime rib was outstanding. Server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great For DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Food was great but the kitchen was backed up and out food took a little longer to come out.Special Features:
- Great for watching sportsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014Is a nice bar. Food very expensive. Flavor is ok. Will not come backSpecial Features:
- good foodTable4U2Dined on 8/27/2014Reservations, service, dinner... smooth as pie... and the Mud Pie is to die for! Salmon & Pork ribs were great too! We recommend you try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bully's East a big hitOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/16/2014Our dinner Saturday night at Bully's East was amazing, as always. Jeannie is our usual server and she took outstanding care of us. I had a bun-less Bully Burger with cheddar cheese and bacon. It was fabulous. Jim had the pot roast with a baked potato, and he loved it. All if all, it was a great dining experience. We love Bully's East and will definitely be back many times in the future.Special Features:
- emessessVIPDined on 8/8/2014Be careful where you are seated. If you are opposite the bar on a busy night, you have the backsides of standing patrons to stare at. If you get seated in the back of the room, that is in the easternmost portion of the dining room, you have every waitperson going to and from the kitchen going past your table, along with everyone going to the men's and ladies rooms. And, if you happen to be seated facing east, as I was, you have bright glaring lights from the kitchen to deal with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD PRE-EVENT DININGOldManRiverDined on 8/3/2014Had a good dining experience before the Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers concert at SDSU. Excellent carrot-ginger soup and King Crab legs. Service was good, especially the hostess who answered questions well regarding local transportation. Friendly crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointingSylviaVIPDined on 8/3/2014Bully's used to be such a great value and reliably great food. The last 5 times I have gone, I keep asking myself why I keep trying. It's not good anymore. Very mediocre. I won't be going back.
- Great prices.. Slow serviceWheelerDined on 8/3/2014Food was good. Waitress was great but drink and food orders took a while and didn't seem too busy. Drinks were good. I will try them again for lunch or to watch a game.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Customer ServiceGreatDined on 8/1/2014Great Indian dishes to select from. The food was delicious. The atmosphere was quiet an comfy. At one point the owner came to our table and inquired about our dishes as he cleaned off the table. He expressed how he likes to be hands-on in his business and interact with the customers. He was a very humble guy. He even personally made us more naan when my husband expressed that our's was a little crispier than what we are used to. The owner also threw in a special side dish for me made with spinach and Indian cheese. My only complaint would be some of our silverware was a little dirty, but we switched them for some clean ones. Great place to eat and get away from the busy Vegas strip.Special Features:
- StJohn26Dined on 8/1/2014The food was very good--I'm not a beef eater but had a wonderfully cooked piece of salmon. The service was very friendly and we didn't wait long for our food. This restaurant was recommended to me by a bartender in a San Diego Hotel, and it was a good recommendation. I enjoyed this restaurant very much.Special Features:
- Horseradish encrusted prime rib.KMSS77Dined on 7/31/2014We go specifically for the horseradish encrusted prime rib. Someday I'll have to order something else. Or maybe not.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 104 reviews are from the Bully's East Restaurant reviews archive.
- moms 78th bdaymotomastyxDined on 7/26/2014brought my mother and family here for her 78th bday, and had the prime rib....all i can say is perfection, i will be using this restaurant as a date night spot for my wife and i when we have opportunitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak 345SteakmanDined on 7/25/2014I bring my family here every weekend. The steaks are fabulous and that 's the reason I keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New menu additionsHungryDined on 7/17/2014Bully's is great for steaks and prime rib but this time we opted for sandwiches. The prime rib sandwich was really good! Thinly sliced prime rib with melted cheese. Served with au jus. Yum! Waitress was speedy although one in our group had problems getting her drink from the bar waitress. Marked down for the noise level because I requested a quieter table and we were put in a room that would have been quiet except for the dinner meeting going on in the room next to us. Never disappointed with Bully's food.Special Features:
- Great service and good foodAbcdefDined on 7/11/2014Our waitress was great and loved the prime rib. Assassin bbbb hhhhhb hnnmnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderate reviewPadresdelightDined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed our visit but there were a few things that could use improvement. The service was good with the exception of our drink orders. Initially my vodka/water was extremely weak. I couldn't even taste the vodka. She fixed that for me. In between drink orders we waited quite a while and then the return with the drinks took too long. As for the food, mostly it was good. My side salad left a lot to be desired and the veggies were overcooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great FoodLongtimerDined on 7/9/2014Wonderful food, great service, good ambiance and still limited parking for those that do not get around well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Server was very nice; however, quality of service was lost on her (and everyone else w/I observation). This place is "known for their prime rib"; however, I make a much better tasting prime rib in my back yard.Special Features:
- Fantastic as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 6/21/2014Great dinner Saturday night, as always. Jeannie was our server and she knows us as soon as we come in the door. The food was great, service impeccable and we will definitely be dining there again in the near future.Special Features:
- FoodSD124Dined on 6/21/2014The best food in San Diego County...Great service..vary reasonable price....and they have all our favorite beers list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.