Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
1030 Auahi Street, Bay 1
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: (808) 591-0800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gerald Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We’re open at 11am on Thanksgiving. Make your reservation today!
Join the Buca di Beppo eClub to receive special offers and discounts delivered straight to your inbox. Visit bucadibeppo.com/eclub/ and get a free Buca Small pasta just for signing up!
We look forward to seeing you! Please remember we seat complete parties only, so bring your whole group together. We allow a 15-minute grace period on your reservation. If you will arrive late, please give us a call.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu reviews from OpenTable diners
190 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (170)kid-friendly (126)special occasion (99)great for lunch (67)fit for foodies (60)hot spot (34)neighborhood gem (33)great for brunch (31)great for outdoor dining (27)late-night find (27)romantic (22)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (9)Show More
- Great, but not inexpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014We loved our Buca experience, with only 2 exceptions. The first being that our table did not have much in the way of A/C. The body heat and energy in our room was palpable. This made it fun for a little bit, but uncomfortable after an hour. This was truly a "hot spot." As the first time we actually took the immediate family here, I was not prepared to spend so much. With one drink from the bar, 3 sodas and an iced tea, spaghetti with meat sauce, one $8 meatball, a cheese pizza, bread and a salad, our meal was $100. With tip, we spent another $25. Plus the photos I wanted to buy. Some folks might be used to spending $25 a head, even if those heads are aged 12 and under. I just underestimated how much the bill would actually be. Even with that, I would still come back! Our 12 year old had a great birthday celebration, the server was awesome, the food was good, and we were even able to bring our own cake in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant!mauigirlDined on 11/21/2014It was awesome! Too much food and we took home a bunch. This is my second time here and both times I had great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good priceKeoniDined on 11/16/2014This is very good Italian food - huge portions, meaning you'll have food to take home and enjoy the next day as well. Everything we had was delicious, so it is difficult to choose a favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We love it there, but last time was extremely loud. There wer multiple babies screaming their heads off and plates were slammed down into the cabinet right behind us on numerous occasions. I have 5 kids myself so I know how it can be, but they just didn't stop screaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, funRed2310Dined on 11/15/2014Make sure you make a reservation like we did. There were a lot of people waiting outside to get in. We were sat on time. The only hitch in the evening was when we were brought to the table and people were already sitting there. I think it was more of a problem with the customers because they had complained about their table and wanted to move. We were seated in between 2 large groups and there was only 3 of us. It was noisy but not unbearable. Our order was taken fast, our food arrived fast and it was very good. Obviously, the portions are very large here so we only ordered two entrees and a salad to share and still ended up taking food home with us. Expect a vibrant noisy atmosphere with a lot of celebrations going on, overall it was a fun evening with great food and I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Haute cuisine for Tweens!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014Perfect for six 12 year old having a girls night out! We sat at the kitchen table & enjoyed pizza, mac & cheese! Loved the photo & giant sundae!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayBirthdaywishDined on 11/11/2014I took my friend to cerebrate her birthday. We did not have any space to fit in our stomach to order dessert, but they brought a large candle holder with 3 red candles for her to blow out after the singing. That was nice.Special Features:
- Great Service808DancerDined on 11/10/2014We felt the service was excellent. We had small children so we weren't the easiest table to serve, but the waiter did an excellent job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucca di BeppoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The prices are expensive but the portions are large so you can share. My boys tried the chicken penne pasta. They didn't like it. They said it tasted like those family size packaged pastas you buy from your grocery store. I didn't eat the dish as I'm a vegetarian but to me it didn't look freshly made. I had the vegetarian pizza which was ok. A small salad for the four of us, one beer ordered for me, the rest of my family drank water, and the pasta and veggie pizza came to almost $ 90.00 including taxes. Bring a coupon if your able. The place was a bit noisy with more then one Birthday celebrations at nearby tables.Special Features:
- Really love the foodCharay34Dined on 11/8/2014Amazing food , good waitress but horrible seating outsideSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun timefoodloverDined on 11/8/2014Went to celebrate an occasion and it was a fun place to go with young children. Kids menu was great for the kids and enough choices for the adults. Everyone enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carbonara is recommendedLife2short2eatbadfoodDined on 11/7/2014Waitress barely checked on us. Salad had no taste. Why do we still come? Mostly to get our carbonara fix, our favorite item on the menu. It's so yummy! Making reservations online is convenient too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful delicious food and staffaddyDined on 11/1/2014Wonderful meal and great staff We sat at chefs table in the kitchen What a treat To watch delicious food being prepared and served Will Def be back before going homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot of great food at a good priceEasygoingDined on 11/1/2014The lunch was as expected, good food with great service. The decor is unique t Buca di Beppo.Special Features:
- Awesome!HappyTummyDined on 10/30/2014Food was awesome. Cute song for birthdays. Definitely would come again! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend kitchen table.MrsChizDined on 10/30/2014We called ahead and sat at the kitchen table. If you've never been to buca there's a table in the kitchen so you can see everything going on, and the cooks preparing th food. It's great. The chefs were talking to us, and we got our food very quickly. We didn't have to wait for our waiter to bring it to us, the chef just turned around and set our order on the table. Everyone was really nice. Our waiter terry was great, and one of the chefs ( so sad we didn't get his name) was great! He was talking to us, and when a couple walked through he told them we were mr and mrs do beppo, making sure everything was running smoothly. Lol. The only downside is since you're in the kitchen it's a little hot, but definitely worth the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BAD SERVER!!!BadserverDined on 10/24/2014I have been to Buca many times and had a great experience each time but this was by far the worst service I have ever had! They messed up on our order, didn't get our waters and bread until half way through our meal and then to top it off we had to mix our own oils in the dish. The guy was more worried about getting a good tip from the table of girls beside us to even worry about our table. He was just trying to get us out as fast as he could. If it was like this the first time we came here I would have never went back. Great place for large groups and families! You will get more than enough food to feed everyone. The food is always good when we go and this is the only reason why we will go back.Special Features:
- sharVIPDined on 10/22/2014We came for my son's birthday and there was no complimentary cake or ice cream and instead a italian soda drink which he did not like. The chicken carbonara was good but a little salty. The host staff wanted to sit us outside originally and it was a very humid day so we declined and the reason was because there was not enough staff.Special Features:
- Great Service & Foodluv2eatDined on 10/18/2014We were seated as soon as we gave them our reservation info and were immediately given a tour of the kitchen (since it was our first visit), seated and immediately waited on for drinks. The waitress made sure to explain that the portions served are made for sharing and gave us ideas for drinks. Each plate was definitely enough for two to share and was absolutely delicious. We will be back again.Special Features:
- Brandon is a gem!stajo50Dined on 10/18/2014Our waiter Brandon, a Hilo native, recognized our family and was welcoming and friendly in that way that only Hawai'i natives can be. He had other tables, but it never felt like he was in a hurry or stressed. Our food was just as we expected--delicious and filling, with ample portions! The lady photographer was engaging and fun. The photos were beautiful and we ended up buying them all! We have been to Buca for Thanksgiving and we LOVE it! We will be back often to enjoy this great restaurant!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kpno97VIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was very good as usual and the small portions are more than enough for 3 people. The service was a little slow though on this visit, a little unusual as the service is normally pretty fast.Special Features:
- Good Evening for Out-of-Town GuestsNanceDined on 10/16/2014First dinner for our mainland friends' first visit to Oahu was a hit! Best dish was the chicken carbonara--the "small" portion was very filling for the four of us after salad & bread. We were pleasantly surprised at the size of the meatballs in our other entree! There were many birthday celebrations that night so the atmosphere was festive. Will certainly return!Special Features:
- OKbonvivantDined on 10/12/2014Good for kids & groups. You can get many kinds of discount coupons and mileage etc. Not good for picky. .Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014My girlfriend and I are students at HPU. Every so often we splurge on a good date night. The other night we saw a movie in the ward center and fested in Boca shortly after. We were seated two minutes before our reservation and as quickly as our order was taken, the food came out. Great date night place! You'll see us again. Send a coupon!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014this restaurant was awesome, they made my husband's birthday specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great time with Ono food!BAPADined on 10/9/2014Thank you for the Good Service! The spirit of the event along with the fitting ambiance made it a delightful and memorable evening. Our guest was totally surprised with the waiter's "Happy Birthday" sing-song and of the other patron's join-in of well wishes. We absolutely enjoyed the happy occasion and appreciate the restaurant's supportive participation! Thanks again!Special Features:
- kitchen table rocks!mdsvetDined on 10/7/2014Always enjoy eating here. Our server was awesome! Kitchen table never gets old.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointing for the first timeMarthaMelonsVIPDined on 10/6/2014Usually we really enjoy Buca di Beppo. We made a reservation through Open Table to have an early dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. The hostess cheerfully told us that we would be seated in the bar. She led us to a table that was wet from the AC dripping on it. Only after my son made a fuss about the seats being wet, did she offer to move us to the next table. After waiting about 10 minutes, the bartender finally came over to take our order. We could overhear the staff arguing with each other about who was supposed to wait on our table. Quite unpleasant and awkward because we felt unwanted and uncomfortable in the bar to begin with. Our food was not good at all but the server didn't check on us until he brought the check.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014My group and I had a great time - food was delish! And, the service was outstanding. It was a busy day as kids were out of school and there was only one server who did a GREAT job juggling tables. We will go back again! JodySpecial Features:
- I love my buca!Solozen007Dined on 10/4/2014We eat buca often, and now I can reserve a table fast and easy! If you have not had, go asap. Order: caprese salad, apple gorgonzola salad, and fruit de mer seafood pasta. It is the best!Special Features:
- Buca's Best for Big Parties!TutuLuDined on 10/4/2014Buca di Beppo is the best for large family and work meals! Made the mistake ONCE of eating here with just a party of 3, and it was NOT enjoyable. Noise level is high and portions are ginormous, making this perfect for big groups! The servers are also very well versed in the menu and portion choices. Just make sure everyone at table is willing to share...mangia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuyerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014From the time we arrived we were very pleased with the service. Since we where there to celebrate a birthday the fool and service was great. Our waitress greeted with a friendly smile and welcome. Since we had been there before it was easy to order our food but the waitress also helped with the ordering. We really enjoyed the service and food. Thank you to all the staff for helping us celebrate a birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!KaipoDined on 10/4/2014We had awesome service from the moment we arrived. We had a baby with us so our hostess seated us in the back area. Our waitress was really helpful and patient. The manager helped us choose the best deal for the coupons we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca di Beppo always satisfiesWellnessInSightVIPDined on 9/28/2014Eating at Buca di Beppo, I expect to be satisfied and happy. I usually change the pasta, and ask that it be brought out piping hot, with extra sauce. Without exception, they are always accommodating. I was not satisfied with one of our entrees, so they asked Brian, the manager that day, and he suggested that we change it. Later, he made sure that everything was satisfactory. The associates are always checking on us to make sure that we were taken care of- whatever the situation. Brian and Diana, the other manager, always go the extra mile to make my dining experience , most enjoyable. That is why, I usually suggest Buca di Beppo, whenever anyone says "Italian". I would comment further, alas, exceeding limit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeeDDined on 9/27/2014The food is good, but the noise level can be very distracting and somewhat irritating. This restaurant attracts large parties, usually celebrating special occasions, which is great. What is not so great is when these larger groups tend to be boisterous. It was unfortunate that were seated in the middle of these types of celebrations.Special Features:
- Good ValueckobayashiDined on 9/27/2014Bucca di Beppo always offers coupons, making their menu affordable! There is always enough food for everyone and we always take home leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best birthday celebration!9nine9Dined on 9/26/2014Me and my friends went to Buca di Beppo to celebrate my birthday with dinner. The service was outstanding and the food, served family style, was not only delicious but also was enough for all of us to take some home. Our server (Frank) was very attentive and could give us good recommendations on the menu, very friendly and funny as well. Since it was my birthday he also came with a lit chandelier along with the dessert and sang me happy birthday. That was awesome! Overall the dining experience was extraordinary and I can definitely recommend anyone to go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family friendlyBrat808Dined on 9/26/2014It's a great place to have a family dinner!! Portions are interesting and filling, and lots of options. Aside from that, it's fun, great food, and our server Malia was awesome and on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ExtravaganzaRollinwthePrideDined on 9/26/2014Went to Bucca to celebrate my son's 20th Birthday. Food was EXCELLENT and Michael our server was FANTASTIC. I used the "Feed 4 for $40" promotion 4x plus purchased (1) large serving each of the Chicken Marsala & Lasagna. I also ordered (2) servings of Meatballs, but the meatballs never came to the table. No prob, since there was a lot of food any way. Maybe next time we'll order it. Definitely going back.. Only (2) areas of improvement: 1. the atmosphere is a little gawdy and (2) Restrooms need to be refreshedSpecial Features:
- thegang5003Dined on 9/25/2014very pleasant hostesses and waiters I encountered on Thursday evening, heartwarming people in their staff including their management.I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.