Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
1030 Auahi Street, Bay 1
Honolulu, HI 96814Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bucadibeppo.com/
- Phone: 8085910800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Gerald Velasquez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We’re open at 11am on Thanksgiving. Make your reservation today!
Join the Buca di Beppo eClub to receive special offers and discounts delivered straight to your inbox. Visit bucadibeppo.com/eclub/ and get a free Buca Small pasta just for signing up!
We look forward to seeing you! Please remember we seat complete parties only, so bring your whole group together. We allow a 15-minute grace period on your reservation. If you will arrive late, please give us a call.
- Special Events: Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion, planning a business dinner or having a night out with family and friends, Buca di Beppo is your answer to one fabulous group dining experience! Buca serves authentic Italian family-style meals in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our knowledgeable staff will help organize and plan your group event or meetings with diverse lunch or dinner banquet packages - ideal for groups of 20 or more. Private and semi-private rooms are available.
A word from Buca di Beppo - Honolulu
Buca di Beppo serves authentic Italian cuisine in an eclectic, vintage setting. Our dishes are served family-style, meant to be shared by everyone at the table. Two sizes are available: BUCA SMALL feeds two or more and BUCA LARGE feeds four or more. At Buca, guests delight in our lively atmosphere, enjoy the classic tunes of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin and admire our decor, including family photos and candid shots of Italian-American icons, such as Sophia Loren and Joe DiMaggio. Our energetic atmosphere, delicious food and friendly staff make Buca di Beppo the perfect place for great Italian food and fun.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Buca di Beppo - Honolulu reviews from OpenTable diners
184 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (166)kid-friendly (120)special occasion (109)great for lunch (68)fit for foodies (56)neighborhood gem (35)hot spot (29)great for brunch (29)romantic (24)late-night find (24)great for outdoor dining (22)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (12)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great Service!bday46Dined on 9/13/2014My family and I had a great diner. Service was fast and the food yummy as usual. Staff was very pleasant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GIrls night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Sat in the bar for lower noise level so we could talk - which we did for hours. Delighted to find out there was a happy hour menu. Ordered caprese (only 2 slices per order so ordered 2 more plates), mini meatballs and pizza (larger than described - so we orders 3 which was too much) than a salad and desert from the regular menu. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodlovedafoodDined on 9/9/2014buca di bepos food was amazing i wish i could have ate it all but i got halfway full when eating the bread i think it was the appetizers or something but their service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kitchen table rocksmdsvetDined on 9/6/2014I always ask for the kitchen table, and it always never disappoints. It was date night, and the staff treated us well. Food was the same - delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014One thing you must know when you come to Buca di Beppo is that it's family style. Even the small serving can feed at least 2 people. So order in moderation or you're gonna need a wheelchair to push you out of that place. But all and all the food is simple but delicious and the service is great! Must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!KriStyLe420Dined on 9/1/2014Great food and great service. Couldn't ask for anything more... loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Round two, much betterMaximusmoDined on 9/1/2014Wow. What a difference from our first visit. Our waiter Zack was engaged and insightful. The service was speedy and correct. My daughters were very happy and cannot wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberAusieJeffDined on 8/30/2014A special treat to be hosted IN THE KITCHEN and watch how a real kitchen works. The service was outstanding , the server was friendly and helpful and contributed to the fun of the evening. The food was excellent, and on the advice of our server, we managed not to over order, so unlike most we finished all our food. The chef went out of his way to spend time chatting to us all through the evening even though he was really busy. The bill was very reasonable, which is an added bonus. Really worth a visit, and if you manage to get the only table in the kitchen, go for it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!bluwaterpyrateDined on 8/30/2014My family and I have been to Buca multiple times and they never disappoint. The food is excellent and the portions are so large that we have never left without at least 3 to go boxes. I would recommend all Italian food lovers to visit this place, whether you are local or just visiting the island. You can even reserve a table right in the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We made our reservations online and took our grandchildren to a very delicious dinner. The service was outstanding. The restaurant was very noisy but we expected that. We had a excellent dining experience. We will certainly go back and also recommend Buca di Beppu to our friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to eat.sanfordVIPDined on 8/29/2014Buca is a fun, energetic place to eat if you don't mind the close quarters and noise. The food is OK; however, a bit pricey for what you get. But what the heck, we had a nice time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JuneBugVIPDined on 8/28/2014I was surprised the patrons were taken in the back of the kitchen before sitting at the table. Kitchen was spotless (you don't see that very often), staff super friendly; and food was absolutely fantastic!!! Will definitely come back whenever I'm visiting Hawaii!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun & foodDinnerFor10Dined on 8/24/2014Nice atmosphere for family/friends, good food and good times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!TownieDined on 8/22/2014When a large group of us decided to get together at the last minute, Bucca easily accommodated us on a very nice table in a corner so we could all hear one another. The food came out quickly and portions were very generous. I remember a few years ago the food was so-so, and we stopped going. It has really improved! Everything was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyGangstasmob6Dined on 8/22/2014We had our friend's themed 1930's gangsta birthday party there. So fun!!! All the staff loved to see is dressed up and went along with whatever we had planned. Great place and thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da BombKANEKOADined on 8/22/2014Everything about Bucca this visit was excellent! Propz to the cooks and wait staff!Special Features:
- SatisfiedItalianFoodLoverDined on 8/21/2014Buca is a place I really enjoyed going to with friends and family. It is great priced for the amount of food you get. The only drawback for me is that I don't eat large portions, I wouldn't even be able to finish the kids meal. The large portions are nice if you share with a couple people you are dining with, but the chances of you wanting the same as somebody isn't very high since the menu has so many delicious options. The only negative for me is the large portions.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised!marebearDined on 8/20/2014Our family had dinner at Buca di Beppo in Honolulu last week. We were 4 adults and 2 teenagers. Two of the adults and both teenagers are vegetarians which can sometimes be a challenge. We ordered cheese ravioli with tomato sauce and eggplant parm for dinner. We also had bruschetta and tomato/mozzarella. Everything was delicious! We didn't expect anything great because sometimes with such large chain restaurants the food can be just fair. We were all very pleasantly surprised at how good everything was. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FunlilbuffDined on 8/19/2014Buca has reliable food - gotta have the green beans! You know that you are going to have plenty and it will be good. Service was great.Special Features:
- Italian joy!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014The best part about Buca is it family feel and consistent taste nationwide. The amount of food for the price is right on. The pasta dishes, softball sized meatballs, vwael, and chicken rock. The calimari and caperesse salad are a must for a starter. The spicy rigatoni with shrimp is a hit.Special Features:
- Good family diningRandomSoldierDined on 8/17/2014Bucca can be easily expensive if you come with small numbers, but is good for groups of 4 or more. The food was good and service was attentive. Noise level was annoying at times. Showed up 10 min prior to reservation and checked in. Told would be seated shortly. Ten minutes after my reservation I was still waiting, so I inquired and I had been marked as seated. The error was corrected quickly, but that's not a good way to handle reservations if you seat walkups ahead of them. Makes me wonder how long I would have waited if I didn't press the issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overall casual restaurantHybridDined on 8/17/2014Good for group gatherings. Food was ok, maybe not the best but tasty. Croutons are not tasty. My visit they forgot our garlic bread and had to ask where it was. They did compensate me for the error with a free dessert so that was very nice of them. I would patronize them again because the food for the most part, is tasty enough for me to re-visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personal touch.TJ1Hurricane0Dined on 8/16/2014It was great to have a personal touch to the dinner, we postponed an evening dinner for my daughter's birthday due to inclement weather (Hurricane Isselle). We had previously requested that the Tiramisu come out as desert/birtheay cake for my daughter. Even though it was a week later, we were still in the festive mode and having the Tiramisu as the birthday cake was by far the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Step above fast foodzeekmanDined on 8/15/2014Large portions, decent but not great foood, very noisy. If you don't mind the noise, the food is exactly what you expect good, but not great. Service can be mediocore as the place gets very busy at peek times. Servings are large, kids menu is blah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Food was good but it took a long time to get our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday with the family:)SweethoneyleiDined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious and was more than enough for the 8 of us. Carbonara was our favorite of the night. Great ambiance! love the different portraits on the wall and in the restroom.. The host walked us through the kitchen where they prepared all the dishes. Great family fun environment, very energetic and can get loud.. we went on a weeknight and it wasn't too crowded and tight which i liked... on weekends it gets pretty crowded AND busy. Our server was very awesome, she didn't forget anything, kept our drinks coming.. they even took memorabilia pictures which they printed out and gave us a picture postcard of us and option to buy 5x7??Special Features:
- Nothing SpecialjmauDined on 8/10/2014Basic Italian food. Promptly brought in at reserved time. Host only gave us dinner menus even though we were there at 12:15. Felt like we were seated in a minority section, plenty of people of "color" next to us (no Caucasians). Bread plates at table were still dirty (dried food stuck on), host had to swap them out. Bread was cold and moist, kinda like they just defrosted it. Food okay, nothing special.
- Why bother to make a reservation?MaximusmoDined on 8/9/2014We made a reservation online and receive an email telling us to show up 15 minutes early. We were en route for our original reservation and could not make it through the Waikiki traffic without our Batcopter. After arriving to the restaurant 2 minutes after our original time, we waited for a while and were the only family to be made to sit outside. The restaurant was beautiful inside. Full of old world charm and ambiance. The tables outside had rowdy movie goers and smokers sitting feet away from our table. The worst part were the birds. In Hawaii birds rule the outdoor eating establishments. The ones outside this restaurant were true dive bombers. Even after asking if we could be seated inside due to the compounding chaos, 1 hour more!!!Special Features:
- Amazing food!islandgirlDined on 8/3/2014Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Buca! Beginning with the ease of making a reservation and having it honored (on time too!!) to the great service we received from Frank, our server---and of course, the delicious food --- it was a great evening! Also loved being escorted through the kitchen on our way to our table! Chicken parmigiana and meatballs were both perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MenuAlohaoDined on 8/3/2014I am disappointed your menu is much smaller than before.Special Features:
- excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014We went here for our small wedding reception. We were very pleased with the exceptional service from our waiter, and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was perfect, and the ambiance would have been quiet except for the fact that our group was a little loud, so that was our fault. Overall excellent dining experience and would go back for another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Great food, but for a family of four with a few drinks, $130.Special Features:
- First timeKANEKOADined on 7/31/2014The food is great with huge portions. Awesome experience. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- great family placeAlanaDined on 7/27/2014Great place for special occasions with family. Big portions!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Portions satisfy large partyFoodwithfriendsDined on 7/26/2014I love the size of the portions although they can be a little pricier, they feed many people and the choices are overwhelmingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16 Gatheringbday46Dined on 7/26/2014The service was terrific and the food was yummy! The staff was very accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was great except serviceLIKEDined on 7/26/2014Selena and Kalei were very personable and responded quickly with great suggestions. The on-the-day of event staff did not seem as in tune with our event’s needs. They were friendly but service was slow and did not respond to requests - had to keep asking. This is my 2nd event with about 20 pax, I don’t think I would recommend again for that size group unless very casual gathering that does not require much organization.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buca, always good!iamhungryDined on 7/25/2014Food and service were great, birthday singing was well done!Special Features:
- Meeting of the hearts1AccordDined on 7/24/2014It was a reunion of friends who hadn't connected in a while. Perfectly placed with great service from Kehau...the chef, the mgr and even the photographer were all friendly. It was like we were in our own restaurant...we sang, we laughed, we prayed. We had a wonderful time and we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Food in Paradise!oldguyDined on 7/23/2014Buca Di Beppo is a chain but somehow manages to keep the flavor of a small restaurant. Walking into the restaurant, the walls are festooned with photos and posters that gives one the feel of being in an Old World Italian restaurant. The kitchen tour en route to being seated is a good idea and it allows one to see the sanitary conditions, how dishes are prepared but most of all, the camradarie between workers in the kitchen. Everyone in the kitchen is having a good time and enjoys their job and working with each other. The menu has more than enough selections to please any palate. The service was excellent with regular checks from our waitress to see anything was needed. Wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.