Broadway by Amar Santana
328 Glenneyre Street
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Broadway by Amar Santana
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.broadwaybyamarsantana.com/
- Phone: 9497158234x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Amar Santana
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Buy-out options available.
- Private Party Contact: Ahmed Labbate 7028236927x
A word from Broadway by Amar Santana
An inviting restaurant where local foodies have a chance to enjoy quality food and beverage from today’s ultra-sleek premium dining establishments. A chef’s tasting table, small plates of savory items like bacon-wrapped blue cheese stuffed dates, a dizzying wine list and an array of seasonally-driven entrees. Broadway will surround you as you indulge in this "cutting edge" food experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Broadway by Amar Santana - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Broadway by Amar Santana reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (114)hot spot (68)special occasion (64)neighborhood gem (60)notable wine list (56)vibrant bar scene (52)romantic (35)good for groups (17)late-night find (11)scenic view (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Food great But .....LadieswholunchDined on 10/19/2014The food was excellent. The wine steward was very helpful and friendly. The only blemish on our experience was that an extra bottle of wine that we did not have appeared on our tab when we began to pay. They apologized profusely, but still, it put a little damper on the experience. I would go back though, as the mistake was possibly an honest mistake.Special Features:
- HarryWVIPDined on 10/17/2014Broadway is the seamless amalgamation of service, ambiance, flawless food and an ambitious wine list. They seem to pull it off because the culture of the restaurant is dedicated to excellence in all areas. I recommend Broadway more highly. If you do not want to take a chance on a bad meal - you can count on Broadway! Go there my friends!Special Features:
- Great foodLove2eatoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014Date night for us. DH had venison melted in your mouth. I had scallops cooked perfectly. Panna cotta was ok. Overall great meal with the hubby. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendedlive2eatDined on 10/11/2014Nice, smallish place. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Broadway MywayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014By far the most high end restaurant in Laguna! The scene is energetic and on the screen they were playing a black and white dog film. Their New York steak is as good as it gets and their fish @zambina i believe is amongs my favorite. Don't forget the Brussels sprouts for appetizer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2014Food Fantastic, Atmosphere perfect and Service OutstandingSpecial Features:
- Make a reservationcheers2UDined on 10/4/2014Vibrant, food was fantastic, not pretentious at all, adult relaxed atmosphere, we felt as if we were in one of the hidden gems in the bay area. Fantastic food! Service staff was a fine precision tool working in unison. Some small grumblings by the table next to us but we felt they were not warranted at all. The complained but stated they’d be back again. Well no complaints and we will be back to enjoy again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction All AroundJeanieD30Dined on 10/4/2014I brought my husband and 14 month old daughter here for dinner Saturday night and was very pleased from the moment we walked in until the moment we left. Even though they had no high chairs they made room and accommodations for my daughter. Waiter was exceptional as was the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Staff and EnergyDinersClubDined on 10/2/2014Pricey, of course, but worth it. Outstanding enthusiastic sommelier, attentive but unobtrusive service, and very creatively-composed decently portioned dishes. Great energetic vibe from the entire staff -- management and chef is on the floor asking patrons if they are happy and socializing freely. Great place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2014Amazing food and service. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!LikeItTheWayILikeItDined on 9/27/2014It was mine and my husband's birthdays and we wanted to go someplace special. This restaurant was recommended to me by a friend. I made reservations for the chef's bar (can seat 6) and it was spectacular. You get to watch the chef's prepare the food and we received customized service from everyone. It was a multicourse meal so it took 3 hours but it didn't feel that long. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in OCOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014I was easily able to get a reservation. The staff provided incredible service. And the food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BroadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Had dinner at Broadway Friday night. The bar was hopping with a very cool bartender fixing up awesome cocktails. Specialties for dinner, the grilled brussels, hamachi and the tender roasted lamb. We braved the bone marrow. Not really to our liking but if you are adventurous maybe you might love it. Portions are really big, I had the pork easily could be split between two and my husband had the lamb which was our favorite. Four stars!!Special Features:
- Sooooo good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014I wish I could give them 20 stars. In the top 5 of meals I've had in my entire life. Amar is a wizard and a very cool guy.Special Features:
- KatieDined on 9/19/2014The Burrata and Heirloom Tomato Starter was delectable. We loved our entrees also: Portabello Wellington and Beef Stripsteak with Peppers. The deep fried Brussel Sprouts were amazing! Altogether the best meal we have enjoyed in The O.C. for a long time. The $12 glass Chardonnay was so good and piquant I had three! Will definitely come back and also recommend this to our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great food experienceKilted1Dined on 9/19/2014There was four of us for dinner and it was the other couples first time there. They are big foodies so we knew this would impress. The menu changes regularly and it once again had a bit of everything you could want. The food is always excellent, the service was a bit slow to start, which was fine as we were in no rush, so when we were ready to order we couldn't seem to catch her attention, but she was very busy so understandable. The details slipped through the cracks on refills toward the end but other than that all was good. The tables are super close together and when you get up to leave you squeeze out between tables trying not to knock over the next tables salt and pepper - that is the only down side to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Went for 26th anniversary dinner, did not realize was european style tight seating and noisy but was OK at first. Unfortunately, we did not realize that they were also serving a garden party at same time in the rear of building at the museum. Our wine was unavailable, server was not found for over 30 mins. , our side dish came at 90 minutes. We watched them burn our brussels sprouts while trying to serve 50 steaks to private event in a half hour. We left before the entree was a twinkle in the eye of the chef. Unfortunately, Amar put profits before service and quality by overextending the capabilities of his restaurant. He should have closed the restaurant for a private event or at least limited his seating. Hard to give him a pass.
- Bar and kitchen where on fireOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/18/2014Cocktail and bar service were wonderful Food was really inspired Floor service was horrible. We sat in the dining room, the server gave is the menu, no explination or assistance wa offered. Along with basic service steps missed, there was little to no warmth from the server or no sense of urgency with our requests. It was very odd as the hostess and bartender were briming with hospitality!Special Features:
- Biggs94Dined on 9/15/2014The food here was excellent, and worthy of the buzz going round. However, The service was comical. The restaurant was about 25% filled, the table next to us left saying “no one has waited on us”. We waited 15 min for our first drink, and there were servers standing around. They forgot our appetizer and had to be reminded. Great Chef, lousy manager…………. they better really step it up on the service level or they'll be closed within the year.Special Features:
- Stop Thinking About It-Just Go HereJeffDined on 9/15/2014We love finding new and different restaurants, and this did not disappoint. Very creative dishes with off the charts flavor. Cocktails were amazing. We LOVED this place and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Broadway a must for food & serviceRonnyGVIPDined on 9/13/2014Broadway set itself apart from the common standard food choices and plain grilled or roasted entree's. Broadway definitely delivers high end chef quality food for your taste buds. Food was awesome, sauces scrumptous. Presentation of food selections delightful. The service was spot on, and done with class. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite place.....no moreocfoodieDined on 9/9/2014very disappointed in the restaurant and food during this last Tuesday night....Usually have very high expectations and thus far the staff has always delivered unfortunately for this special bday dinner all came very much below expectation....food was cold and not impressive...scallops too salty and the new Zealand venison completely unimpressive....for a $200 ticket I certainly had much greater expectations....what happened to you Broadway?
- Great selectionSoCal2014VIPDined on 9/5/2014Outstanding cocktails and wine. Inventive starters. Outstanding entrees. Decadent desserts. What is not to love? Notables: green velveteen cocktail, classic oysters, branzino perfectly prepared and a custard that was both light and rich (how is that possible?). Our server was the perfect guide through the menu.Special Features:
- Brilliantly doneSusieQDined on 9/5/2014The food is fresh, seasoned perfectly and presented beautifully. Staff is very knowledgeable & helpful. The menu is very creative and diverse. The lamb shank and skirt steak main dishes were delicious! The brussel sprouts side dish is amazing! And the panna cotta...well, try it for yourself...yum! And for nut lovers, try the peanut butter crunch dessert.Special Features:
- Great for vegansOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014My wife and I are vegan, and Amar Santana came up with four different plant based courses for us. The food was amazing!Special Features:
- Great ServiceSamuelDined on 8/27/2014I had to give the food 5 stars even though the duck I had wasn't the best quality. It was beautifully cooked, but the quality of duck was not quite there. The service made up for any other faults I could find. Our server was very attentive, charming, and unobtrusive. Service like that is hard to find in American restaurants today. My wife's Branzino was absolutely fresh, first-quality, and delicious. Both of our plates were beautifully presented.Special Features:
- Lucky LagunaSunsetPigDined on 8/25/2014When my young adult children come to town, this is one of our favs to go to...Broadway by Amar is a local, hip place that first and foremost is a foodie's haven but also a great bar with friendly, easy-going bartenders who actually remember you when you return and make you feel at home there...especially when my kids leave town again and I go back just to order my fav brussell sprouts and a Moscow Mule...This Sunset Pig is one happy local. Thanks Amar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingmtnbluDined on 8/23/2014Wow this place came very highly praised but it did not deliver. First the wine adviser brought out a bottle of wine for us to taste , Saying " it may not taste exactly like that because this has been opened for two days" What!!! We had the ceviche appetizer which was nothing special it almost tasted spoiled. Our entree was the lamb, very fatty. We couldn't even eat it. And the waiter didn't seem to be bothered when we mentioned it to him. I wanted to like Broadway but I will never be back. Fortunately there are many restaurant choices in Laguna Beach.
- $$$$ but innovative and excellentlagunafoodcriticDined on 8/22/2014Cool bar vintage and original cocktails with top shelf stuff, expertly mixed, nice aromatic likely you would be able to do on your own (unless you are a serious mixologist). Nice roasted brazilian sea-bass like fish (forget what they called it). A fabulous sauce and fresh garnish. Brussels sprouts with spicy sausage, roasted and supremely delicious. Sashimi plate a bit weak on portion size and not amazing. Will go back to try some of the other very different things - expecting another fun experience. Superb service but at this price point nothing less would be expected. Hangs with the best in Laguna for now with for me a lot of new stuff to explore. The usual elbow to elbow Laguna table thing so not much privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 StarsitscoladaDined on 8/19/2014Great service, phenomenal food. Cocktails were amazing and friendly staff...Will be back!! Overall perfect evening. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!BoppyVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have dined here a couple of times. We adore the food, the menu is creative and the service is spectacular! We ate here the other night and then walked to The Pageant Of The Masters. I would recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features:
- Fabulous Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/16/2014Dined at Broadway for our 14th wedding anniversary on Saturday, August 16th. Everything we ordered was prepared perfectly. My wife and I sat at the chef's table and watched the 4 chefs work as one and prepare each plate before it went out. The chefs were friendly (even though they were very busy) and explained many dishes to us. Anyone who has not been to Broadway needs to go. Just a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- I would not go backdancingcloudDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant is noisy and the tables are jammed together. Given that it is a small space, I understand but it still feels like you are dining in one big group! Don't expect privacy or quiet conversation! My son had the salmon which he thought was good, but I had the duck breast which was awful. I never had duck that I did not like before this. The farro on the side was ok, but the duck was prepared weirdly, and not at all good.
- Laguna Beach GourmetAnluVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is a wonderful restaurant. My friend had the salmon and I had the branzino--both superb. It is such a delight to have fine food right in the middle of town and not just down the highway. It made our visit to the Pageant of the Masters a greater experience. Great wines too!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Orange CountyArizonaKonaDined on 8/11/2014I had the pleasure of being treated to Broadway by Amara for my 50th birthday. My father and I both chose the Monday prefix menu option with two glasses of wine. Dad had the ham terrine to start with, while I had the pork two ways (pork cheeks and belly). Both equally amazing! I had the roasted Skuna bay salmon and my dad the grilled marinated prime skirt steak. I don't eat beef, but my dad commented that the steak was a great, tender cut and the fingerling potatoes were done perfectly. My salmon was medium rare and the skin was as crisp as a potato chip. The mud pie desert was a coffee ice cream sandwich with an wonderful chocolate fudge dipping sauce. They also brought me a creme brulee with a lit candle. The staff was excellent! Thanks!Special Features:
- It is all about the foodBandCDined on 8/11/2014The food is some of the best I have ever tasted. The restaurant is packed together and noisy, not my place of choice for a special dinner. But I will return even with the crowd and the noise as the food is so good.Special Features:
- Laguna Hot SpotjpinscDined on 8/9/2014We tried Broadway for our anniversary and were overall impressed with this hot spot. Cool Ambiance/decor, strong menu and wine list and great service. It was a little noisy and the tables were EXTREMELY close together. The food was good and had a beautiful presentation. It was a little pricey but worth it for a celebratory night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!LaurieGVIPDined on 8/9/2014We've come to Laguna Beach for the Pageant, each year, in search of a great restaurant. We have found it! The food, ambiance and service were fantastic.Special Features:
- A great birthday celebrationgluttonDined on 8/4/2014I loved the atmosphere of Broadway and the food could not be beat. The food dishes were very imaginative and innovative. My family had a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Just FantasticRobRDined on 8/4/2014Great food, imaginative cooking and enthusiastic team. Best meal in Laguna this 2 week vacation ( we come every year from London) can't believe we have missed this restaurant last few years but now we have discovered it we will be back alot!Special Features: