Briggs Kitchen + Bar
100 317 10th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2R 0A5Neighborhood:
Contemporary French / AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Briggs Kitchen + Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.briggskandb.com/
- Phone: 5873505015x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 2:00pm - 5:00pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am.
Weekend Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, Burgers, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Xavier Lacaze
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Glassed in private room for up to ten. Independent tv and music system for guest access and presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Amanda Gallop 5873505015x
A word from Briggs Kitchen + Bar
Briggs is a lively environment on bustling Tenth Avenue. Our offerings cover many bases from sharing plates of great vegetables to burgers and for the adventurous, a 48oz rib-eye cooked over live charcoal. Coupling the food program are some of the best cocktails around and a wine list that is sure to please all palates. Briggs offers a unique twist of punch with brunch on weekends from ten till two.Continued
If there is no availability online please come check with us as we are a first-come-first-serve location and may still have enough room to fit you in.
If there is no availability online please come check with us as we are a first-come-first-serve location and may still have enough room to fit you in.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Briggs Kitchen + Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Briggs Kitchen + Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (87)good for groups (87)great for lunch (75)hot spot (57)special occasion (38)neighborhood gem (38)great for brunch (35)great for outdoor dining (22)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (19)kid-friendly (15)romantic (11)scenic view (2)Show More
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014I came for brunch with a group of girlfriends, having had a great dinner experience here. The restaurant was not busy at all, although the patio was a little busier as the day was nice. The brunch menu was small, but the food was good. There weren't many patrons, but our server did not come by very often, so we had to wait a while to order food (we flagged someone else down) and then to get the bill. (No check-up during our meal either.) Otherwise, the experience was still positive: good food with friends.Special Features:
- Outstanding food!FlowerdrumsongVIPDined on 8/30/2014We love Briggs. If you want a casual gathering with phenomenal food, go here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CTaxDined on 8/30/2014The food was good but service needs to be much better!Special Features:
- Good food, disappointing serviceRFnosfoodDined on 8/29/2014For the most part the food was good. Lobster ravioli was disappointing and bland. Pork belly was nicely cooked, but light on seasoning. The burger is outstanding and juicy as well as the various veggie dishes for sharing. Service was very disappointing. For our recent dinner trip the 3 staff members who helped us seemed to have little training and virtually no knowledge of the menu or wine list, which was in stark contrast to the service I received for a recent lunch visit to Briggs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!JillDined on 8/27/2014Our first experience was for dinner and the other day we went for lunch. Ask for the Brigg's experience, you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Outstanding meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The night was a birthday party and I couldn't have asked for better food. Very pleased! Service was great and recommendations on menu items were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good2creekersDined on 8/23/2014Very good food and excellent service. Our group of 4 enjoyed sharing several different appetizers before our main courses. Very vibrant atmosphere and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- NayahDined on 8/22/2014Have been to Brigg's twice now and I tell my friends who have not been that they need to go! Love that there is ample street parking and the menu is incredible! The devilled eggs and green beans are a must!Special Features:
- Burger-TasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014We came here for a colleagues birthday and the feedback from everyone was that the food was awesome. Biggest praise went to the Chuck Burger. Two guys that ordered it, still talk about how good it was two days later. This was the first time for the majority of the group. This was my third lunch visit. Overall a very good experience for everyone. Items ordered: Mushroom Deviled Eggs, Croque Madame, Mahi Mahi, Beef Short Rib, House Smoked Brisket Sandwich and a Steak. There were no complaints for any of the items ordered.Special Features:
- Amateur hour?JshayVIPDined on 8/19/2014I've been to Briggs several times before, however last night was almost my last time... The service was just about unbearable! They were disorganized, slow, got our orders wrong 100% of the time and we're not very friendly. I'm thinking Briggs just did a major hiring of their front line staff, so let's hope that this is just a transition for them! Otherwise - one of my favourite spots in Calgary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2014Food and service was great and the patio was a treat for lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunate...MichelinVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had high hopes for Briggs but we left sadly disappointed. The food was pedestrian at best and we were left asking if the chef even tasted the food. Calamari was chewy, flatbread was doughy, the much touted tomahawk steak was bland and not at all medium rare as requested. It was extremely rare. We were also wondering what was so special about their "seared" broccoli when all it was was steamed veggies with melted cheese on top. Service was spectacular, however.Special Features:
- Incredible!DinerDivaDined on 8/17/2014This is the second time my husband and I have gone to Briggs. Our server was very knowledgable and the food was incredible. Our water glasses were never empty and the whole experience was fantastic. The potato tic tacs are my favorite! We were very surprised at the portion sizes and definitely got our monies worth!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting foodMauinanaDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent, server was very knowledgeable. My spouse and I both ordered the soup special which was a mushroom soup. It was a broth,not soup,there were no mushroom pieces in it. How do you have mushroom soup with no mushrooms? Sorry Briggs! And secondly it was so salty we both sent it back.Our server was very quick to offer us another choice of sides and we ordered the beet salad which was scrumptious! I ordered the chicken sandwich which ok, but the chicken was a "pulled chicken" which was then formed into a patty and pan seared.Surprise! Pretty nasty texture like puréed baby food. But put everything together in the sandwich and it was quite tasty if you ignored the texture!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hit and 2 missesMissMDined on 8/15/2014I've wanted to try this restaurant since it opened, but will unlikely go back. The ambience was good, service awkward and inexperienced, and food was a hit and 2 misses. I had chicken salad with over cooked chicken on a bed of slightly wilted greens with barely any orange segments which looked like mandarins from a can, and very minimal feta 👎. A friend had the angle hair shrimp pasta which looked wonderful and she loved 👍, and another friend had the pasta special, a short rib pappardelle. This was the worst of all, with naked pasta, pulled short ribs(which was good), and seemingly frozen vegetable mix with the cubed carrots and corn mix. A strange combo that didn't taste good👎! And to charge for water, unbelievable! Disappointing
- It was fine.ilovenevadahockeyDined on 8/14/2014Met my expectations. But surprised so many people rave about this place. We ordered the calamari and scallops for appies. The calamari was excellent, not over breaded and pretty fresh. The scallops were a bit small (only 3 came) - they were good but I think there should have been at least 4 pieces. Our group got the flat bread, steak and lobster rav. Steak was cooked to med-rare as requested, lobster was light and fresh, flat bread was a little to soft for my liking. Desert was a mousse which was actually really good. I would say the food is good, but not my favorite in Calgary. For this price point, I prefer Una, Farm, Market or BonTerra.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014Overall a great experience. The service was a tad slow as the restaurant filled up, but the food was all fantastic with a great menu. Lots of selection. Great for a group to share small plates. Cool decor. Will definitely come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere but...YYCloveVIPDined on 8/11/2014I read about Brigg's restaurant in the Avenue magazine and was dying to try it. When we arrived we were seated promptly and our waitress was very attentive and knowledgeable. We ordered cocktails, the lobster rolls, the halibut and the poutine. What brought me to this restaurant was the promise of food 'to die for' but I was very let down. The halibut came on a bun. Who wants to eat a deep fried fish burger? It threw me off and I was also disappointed that I would have to shell out more money to replace the fries with soup or salad. The poutine was dry and needed more sauce and the lobster rolls were small. All in all there wasn't one food item that met my expectations. The setting was nice though but we came to eat.
- Great experience.ZachWDined on 8/10/2014Very cool place. Nice, rustic, open concept dining with delicious food and an awesome beer and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite noisythomasgrant72Dined on 8/3/2014We tried out Briggs for the first time and grabbed an early Sunday afternoon reservation at 5:30. It's a neat looking place on the inside and, though it wasn't full, it was very noisy. The food was good, not great. I think this would be a better place to come with a big group of friends on a Friday evening (we were a family of four).Special Features:
- 2nd Time at BriggsNoCookingToniteDined on 7/30/2014My husband and I shared the 48 ounce Tomahawk steak dinner for 4 with another couple. Meat was tender. The appetizers: Poutine & calamari were delicious. We found the side dishes: cauliflower & green beans very good but small portions. Chocolate cake was yummy. Service is great but somewhat slow. I have to say that although we have enjoyed our experience both times, we find that the restaurant is very noisy and twice we have not been able to have a reservation much later than 5:30 pm through Open Table and that is booking a couple of weeks ahead.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!ilovegoodfoodDined on 7/29/2014Had lunch with a couple of friends and ate on the patio (reservation was at 1 to avoid lunch crowd). Server managed to convince me to order the lobster roll and it was fantastic!! My only suggestion would be more umbrellas in the patio since it got unbearably hot at one point since there was no shade where we were seated. Other than that this place was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Briggs ReviewJadeDined on 7/29/2014Nice restaurant, great steak, beef, and chicken. We all got really large portions and they tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BurgerYummyFishDined on 7/29/2014Burger was great but the Pork Belly was mediocre at best. When you normally order pork belly it's nice and fatty and not dry. The dry pieces were kept on the pork belly and are very chewy. As for the speed over the lunch hour, not the fastest in the world. Took over half an hour for food to arrive after ordering and the restaurant wasn't packed. Stay away if you are trying to eat in under an hour.Special Features:
- THE ABSOLUTE BEST IN EVERYTHING!JillDined on 7/25/2014Thank you to Andrew and the crew that took care of us last night. He outdid himself at every turn. We left it to Andrew to surprise us and trust me, absolutely nothing disappointed. The food was amazing, from the brisket sliders, the calamari, the scallops and last but certainly not least, THE BEST short rib EVER! No one should ever leave Briggs without trying the short rib.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014You have to try the chuck burger it's the best in town!!!! Brunch is great tooo!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!ChatNoirDined on 7/17/2014The lobster poutine will keep your dreams lobster filled for days. Everything we ate was too notch. Wings have an amazing grill flavour to them from the josper oven, calamari strikes a nice balance with the thinly sliced fennel and aioli and is a welcome departure from the usual heavy battered rings with tzatziki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service will be back!EatOutVIPDined on 7/17/2014We late our waiter convince us to allow him to choose our food options and it was a great choice. They encourage family style so you can try more dishes on the menu. The mini slider appetizers, gnocchi, and beef rib were to die for and the veggie sides of creamed corn and roasted beets with nuts ANC feta - we're still dreaming of them! Great beverage selection and nice wines with a long list of by the glass options. We'll be back! Already recommended it to several people in 24 hours!Special Features:
- Great food, so so serviceHollaKatDined on 7/16/2014We ate early (5.30) and the servers looked like they'd just arrived for work so initial service (drinks, appis) was slow. But food arrival was timely, the food was great, and there was plenty of it. Even though the restaurant wasn't full, it was noisy, making it hard for our group to talk. But overall good, and I'd go back.Special Features:
- lunchNonoDined on 7/11/2014I have been here twice and found the dinner was better than the lunch. Still really though. We sat outside in the hot sun and there were several shady tables around. Wished the server offered to move us after we asked if we could move an umbrella. She just said it wouldn't help and that was it. Not an out of the box thinker I guess. Otherwise she was very nice and gave good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great FoodJetgirlDined on 7/5/2014We've been to Briggs Kitchen many times and they always have great food. We were there with another couple and shared one of the pizzas, sliders, lobster poutine and wings. All were good, but I must admit that I loved the poutine! The cocktails were delicious as well. We did have a bit of a problem with the service - they sat us inside and the other two in our party outside and we didn't realize it at first, so had to find each other. Plus there seemed to be at least three people looking after our table and it wasn't clear who did what. It took awhile for us to get another round of drinks. Overall, a it was a great experience and we will go back again.Special Features:
- Awesome serviceGfromOttawaDined on 7/2/2014The place had a nice look and atmospher. The food was good. But most of all, our server knew his menu like the back of his hand and was very accommodating even with out-of-menu requests.Special Features:
- Best new place in townNewdeal13Dined on 6/30/2014Friendly and knowledgeable staff, a great menu, and delicious cocktails and beer. Went here on a whim a few months ago, and now it's become our go-to place with friends. Everything is good for sharing, and we're yet to find something on the menu we don't love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Service!lachickabonitaDined on 6/30/2014Our server was amazing! Wish I could remember his name, but good friendly attitude, recommended some great dishes to the group and it was like he had a buzzer that went off when our waters were empty bc he was always there to refill! Good laughs, great food!Special Features:
- Great rustic foodLuv2todineDined on 6/29/2014Great food with a open view to the kitchen. Staffs were friendly and careful about food allergy. I would recommend my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual good eats!FoodisgoodDined on 6/28/2014Great place for groups as it can get a bit noisy. The family-style dining was perfect for our group of 7 as we were all able to have a taste of everything, and it made it more interactive and fun. The scallops with charred leeks is absolutely delicious! The deviled eggs were just ok. The paella just tasted like fried rice. The 48oz tomahawk ribeye was really tasty, especially with the almond and tomato salsa. Wish they gave us more of the salsa to go with it. The mushrooms however needed way more seasoning, just tasted like oily sautéed mushrooms with I flavour. I also had their Oolong Lady cocktail - yummy!!! The price we found was also surprisingly reasonable. Overall a fun place to go with pretty good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014The food was good, it was quite loud in the restaurant but that is not a bad thing.Special Features:
- cupcakeDined on 6/24/2014Very noisy, expensive in food and deserts. Only a few booths, all tables not as cozy with tables, thus more noise I thinkSpecial Features:
- Great for SharingThamThamDined on 6/22/2014Was here on Sunday, June 22, 2014 for the first time and the menu was very diverse from poutine, fish, steak, pasta, sandwiches. Good food to share especially the Tomohawk experience with the 48 oz steak. I found it fit for about 4 people with 1-2 side items. The steak was more on the rare to medium rare side and had good presentation with the bone in. We had the lobster poutine to start and it was delicious, while finishing off with dessert the white chocolate mousse and the warm chocolate pot. Overall it worked out to about $40/person for a 3 course meal to share with drinks. Good value, good location, and nice ambience. I would go back to try out the other dishes with a small group of friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/22/2014Great restaurant, really good food, excellent service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.