Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bocabistro.com/
- Phone: 5186822800x
- Hours of Operation:
Bar: Daily: 11:30pm - CLOSE;
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am – 9:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 11:30am – 10:30pm,
Sunday: 11:30am – 9:00pm
Happy Hour: Daily 4:30pm - 6:00pm
Happy Hour: Sunday 11:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Roslyn Zecchini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Boca Bistro's warm, intimate atmosphere is the perfect setting for your private event. Aesthetically inspiring, its brick walls, hard wood floors and pressed tin ceilings invoke the authenticity of conventional Spanish architecture while still remaining slightly modern.
- Private Party Contact: Private Event Coordinator 8883384515
- Entertainment: Downtown District
A word from Boca Bistro
Boca Bistro, a Spanish Bistro and Tapas Bar, blends vintage Spanish elements with a distinctive contemporary spirit unique to every DZ Restaurant. Combining earthen and distressed textures with stylistic accents and a touch of Mediterranean influence Boca Bistro embodies the charismatic old-world essence of an authentic Spanish restaurant. A diverse menu of authentic Spanish cuisine and tapas matched by superb interior design results in a dining experience to rival any to be found on the cobbled streets of Spain.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpanish
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Boca Bistro - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
Boca Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)good for groups (43)great for outdoor dining (39)neighborhood gem (38)special occasion (36)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (31)romantic (31)notable wine list (31)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Boca BistrotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Very beautiful place where food and drink are high quality level.Paella is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sisters in SaratogaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Enjoyed a traditional Labor Day Weekend at the track in our fabulous hats. Boca was recommended by the Springs Spa Director, great recommendation. The paella for 2 fed 4 easily and was incredible. Great sangria.Special Features:
- Perfect food and servicepbchiDined on 8/30/2014We were there at very busy evening in Saratoga but the waitstaff and kitchen handled everything perfectly. We got good food advice, never rushed and had a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite what we hopedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014As for food, tried the tapas menu. Octopus was over cooked, other choices were just so so. Only exception were the bacon wrapped figs!! As for service, way to much in your face. Waiter was nice, but back at every few minutes. Same with water person. Too much! Also, stuck in a side room with no music. The vibe was too quiet.
- Best Paella!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014This place is one of my favorite ones! They have the best Paella in town!!! The taste is sooo good, it will make you come back for more. I tried the seafood and the chicken, chorizo, seafood. Both are excellent in flavor. definitely ahuthentic! Excelente!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Boca Bistro.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Seafood paella is always worth waiting for! Made a spur of the moment reservation on opentable- Bsbysitter was available! No wait, right to our table. Great night, great food. Great place. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great paellaMish714Dined on 8/26/2014The two of us had paella - all we really needed were 2 more people to eat it. Huge portion, some of the best mussels I've ever eaten. We've now tried all 3 DZ restaurants in Saratoga, and they are all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu!ChrissieVIPDined on 8/24/2014Deliscious food!! Lots of great Gluten Free options. Our waitress was new (we think) - and service was incredibly slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perhaps perfect?daleydaleVIPDined on 8/24/2014we were in saratoga for the weekend and booked this restaurant on open tables. which is my source for finding wonderful places. the four of us agreed. best meal out ever. the food was perfect. as they say... a party in my mouth. unexpected combinations of food that were absolutely amazing. we sat outside and the people around us were noisy but it looked quiet and charming inside. again.... one of the best meals we have had..... and we are foodies.Special Features:
- Great Location and ServicexctravelerDined on 8/24/2014I ordered two Tapas items, Fried Calamari and Stuffed Peppers, my wife had a salad. I also ordered a local draft beer. The food was fine, the Calamari portion was larger than I would have expected for a Tapas offering and the were a bit chewier than I like. The Stuffed Peppers were a delight. My wife's Kale salad was excellent. Again the portion size was very large and even with my help we brought home a take home with enough for her to enjoy a second meal.Special Features:
- Overall reviewRustyVIPDined on 8/23/2014The food is outstanding. The ambulance is wonderful and the wine list is very thiughtfully chosen. However, the service is 2nd rate. The staff not been trained in how to take care of customers and they have not been trained in how to serve food at a table. Once we are able to eat after utensils had been supplied, the dinner was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boca-more thn just tapasLarryDined on 8/23/2014We have found Boca to be a delightful tapaa restuarant, but also to offer something beyond that. They have unique full course offerings that are imaginative and of excellent quality. This is a high energy establishment, that we find very appealing on a busy Saratoga Springs evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QuinnsnwhitesnkellysDined on 8/23/2014Our experience on Travers night was outstanding. We ordered Paella and that too was outstanding. We dined outside and the staff could not have been more professional. Thank You!Special Features:
- A Taste of Spain in SaratogaArlingtonDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014A companion and I had a wonderful dinner at Boca Bistro last weekend. We tried a variety of tapas, and all were excellent. Top marks go to the rice croquettes and the stuffed piquillo peppers. The wine list was varied and well-priced. Service was very friendly and professional. Our only complaint was that we were seated under a very cold air vent, but the servers tried to get it adjusted for us. Even though it was Travers Weekend, with its large crowds, we never felt rushed. I would definitely return and try some more dishes.Special Features:
- A Fun Place for lunch or dinnerLouisVIPDined on 8/21/2014Great time at Boca Bistro. Our waiter was very helpful and personable. Great food and nice menu.Special Features:
- cosistently excellentBigFanDined on 8/18/2014Service and food always outstanding and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014This was our second visit in less than a month. We had to come back for the paella. You could easily feed 4 with the one pan. Excellent tapas as well. We will always return here: race season or not.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Great experience. Love the menu and atmosphere. Salads are flavorful and freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice MealgenacmVIPDined on 8/16/2014Group of 4 had a nice meal here with tapas to begin followed by a paella to share. I liked how the server staged our tapas, first cold then hot, and there was plenty of food. All was very good. Once the last race at the track is over Boca fills up fast with a rowdy crowd so it's pretty noisy. The night we were there the manager had his hands full managing two tables of people who had spent their day either drowning their losses or celebrating their wins; he did a nice job keeping order.Special Features:
- Think twice, stay with small platesJoeBDined on 8/15/2014Our meal started good, with small plates but our large plates disappointed. The bone in chicken was over cooked, dry and chewy. The scallop dish served with book choy ( in a Tapas resturant) was well prepared but is not a good value.Special Features:
- Happy AnniversaryBuenProvechoDined on 8/14/2014Great experience in Saratoga. We had an anniversary dinner here. We love Spanish food and my wife eats gluten free. Menu was great and they were very accommodating. They gave special attention you gave to our Anniversary from the reservation. The extra touches they provided really made our experience all that much the better. The tapas and service were excellent! We will definitely come again when we are back in Saratoga.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Great food and service. Way too noisy for a party of four to enjoy any conversation at all!Special Features:
- love this place!eekayzeeDined on 8/13/2014have eaten here twice and will return again. this restaurant group knows what it's doing. the only problem with the menu is too many choices! we had the bronzini special, it was to die for!Special Features:
- Boca BistrocarkeyDined on 8/10/2014Very good Tapas, especially eggplant fries, with a nice choice of tastes. Large group had the Paella which looked divine. Rustic decor, family style tables, copper ceiling, but noise level is very high. Do not come here for an important discussion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- strong performancepbchiDined on 8/10/2014excellent and timely service, well prepared dishes from fresh ingredients and reasonable price ( for Saratoga) all resulted in good dining experience. A little noisy for my tastes but could have conversations well enough.Special Features:
- Lovely nightTbevDined on 8/9/2014We arrived on time but we're not seated for close to 45 minutes. However, it was there best table. A complimentary appetizer and two glasses arrived as an apology for the wait as this was an anniversary dinner. That type of service goes a long way. Our sever, Josh, was very knowledgeable. We would return if we could get the same outside seating. Inside was very noisy.Special Features:
- Slow service, loud restarauntMegsbo11Dined on 8/4/2014Service was slow. We were seated right next to a large party that was extremely loud even though there were plenty other tables we could have been seated at. I could barely hear the person next to me. Was almost impossible to have a conversation. Also our waiter seemed either more concerned with or overwhelmed by the large table and spent very little time with our table.
- Delicious & interesting foodTheBigVeeDined on 8/4/2014Delicious and diverse tapas menu made it easy and fun to satisfy (and delight) adult and teenage palates. Perfect for couples, families and groups. Red Sangria was terrific (flavorful, spicy, and not too sweet.) Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read about it on TripAdvisorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014We were looking for a good place in Saratoga last Sunday night. Food was great and wait staff was courteous and knowledgeable. We ordered four tapas, which we shared, and a couple of salads, all delicious. My husband and I are light eaters, and this was more than enough for us. We would certainly go again.Special Features:
- Sidewalk GemsholshkyVIPDined on 8/2/2014A fun place to dine. Go for the Seafood ad Chicken & Chorizio Paella for 2. It is delicious as well as a huge portion. The Cider braised beef empanadas are also delicious. We ordered a side of eggplant fries which everyone loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner in saratogaMatthewDined on 8/1/2014Everything was great. We went with our kids. They loved all about it. Great night. Thanks. We will be back !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy goodMagnifiqueDined on 7/31/2014Tastes Combinations Pancetta wrapped stuffed dates is a home runSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!melissaDined on 7/26/2014We've been here multiple times. The tapas are so filling, bread and olives are delicious! The bill always seems so inexpensive and the reward program is great!Special Features:
- showbizDined on 7/26/2014great experience will be back many more selections that would like to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeFoodmanDined on 7/26/2014Boca bistro was recommended to me by a few people, Saturday night was the first time I ever went and loved it! Food was great, great drinks and real nice place. We would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty tapas in lively Saratoga!MimiDined on 7/25/2014We enjoyed a nice selection of small and large plates. Atmosphere was great, very pretty decor and wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish Experiencelen4dinnerDined on 7/25/2014Excellent selection of wines and food to match. Wait staff is very knowledgeable and will lead you through good choices. Please make a reservation to ensure your seating in a timely manner. The Stuffed Dates are a special treat, the Chef's selections of mixed meats and cheeses make your Tapas experience a real pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent food & serviceStevebelDined on 7/25/2014Dined twice. Dinner and lunch the following day. Dinner food was very good, the service was excellent. Lunch was okay, service was poor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Tapas!LeilaniDined on 7/24/2014Our party of four enjoyed 8 small plates, many of which were great. We were given marinated olives and bread to start, and both are so good! Sometimes it's the little things... The rice balls were flavorful and crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, served with yummy hummus spread. The dates wrapped in bacon, were, sadly a disappointment. The gorgonzola is too rich and odd a flavor paired with the dates and bacon ( try goat cheese!). The dates were tiny! The bacon, too chewy. The mussels were fresh and tasty, and while the red sauce is an unusual addition, it added a bit too much richness to the dish. Corn on the cob slathered with grated parmesan, paprika and breadcrumbs was a decadent treat. Delicious red sangria and Bloody Mary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy busy placenycresDined on 7/19/2014Vibrant, happy crowd. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Food was good, not great. We anticipated better based on word of mouth. Will try again to see if this was just an off nightSpecial Features: