Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
290 Macon Ave
Asheville, NC 28801Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.groveparkinn.com/blue-ridge-dining-room
- Phone: 8004385800x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday-Sunday: 6:30am - 10:30am
Champagne Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Dinner: Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Nick Blackshaw
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa
- Private Party Contact: Colleen Sullivan 8282522711x7046
- Cross Street: Charlotte Street
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: As a Dining Guest, you receive three hours of Self-Parking with our compliments. If you prefer to utilize Valet Services, you may for a charge of $15.
Parking Rates*: Self-Parking: 0-3hrs, Complimentary, 3-6hrs $10, 6-24hrs $15, Valet: $15
* Holiday Parking will be in effect from Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 to Thursday, January 1st, 2015. It is a flat $10 per vehicle charge; half of each fee collected will be given to one of six local direct care non-profits.
A word from Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn
The Blue Ridge Dining Room offers us what we love – plenty of great food, Southern hospitality and beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains! Open for breakfast, weekend dinner, and Sunday Champagne brunch, its culinary concept is best described as an elegant and local “Farm to Table American Buffet” featuring fresh and creative regional American Cuisine with Southern hospitality and beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Try the Blue Ridge Dining Room's award-winning Friday Night Seafood Buffet; Saturday Night Prime Rib Buffet and Sunday Champagne Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn - Best Restaurants in Asheville ›
Blue Ridge Dining Room - Omni Grove Park Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (80)special occasion (72)romantic (36)great for brunch (32)good for groups (31)fit for foodies (25)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a 9 PM reservation and some of the food had been a bit picked over and not as fresh as I had wished -not sure why an earlier reservation could not be made -- there were only about 3 tables with guests . Not very busy so had time to speak with hosts at several stations --all seemed unhappy with thier jobs -- Sad - such a beautiful place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Ridge Friday Night BuffettonthemarkDined on 9/26/2014Friday nights at Blue Ridge offers the seafood buffett. All you can eat and very high end. Crab legs, shrimp, crab cakes and much more. There is even one room devoted to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood BuffetSeafoodLoverDined on 9/26/2014In addition to the fantastic views, the food was spectacular as always. If you love crab legs as I do, this is the place to go, as they offer them hot or cold. The oysters are also great. Good for non seafood lovers also as pork, chicken, and beef selections were offered. The service was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014A wonderful evening was ruined by a nearby table with two very young noisy children who cried throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!scootermom22Dined on 9/20/2014The Blue Ridge was recommended by a friend, and what a friend he is. There was nothing out of place. Service, food, and view is an experience my husband and I will be back again to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the foodunimpressedDined on 9/20/2014I have been to the Grove Park for the Sat. night buffet to celebrate many special occasions over the years. I was very disappointed in the choice of food on the buffet and the quality of the food. We always enjoyed the prime rib and especially the ribs off of the meat. They do not serve it that way now. The prime rib was very rare and cold. They did put it in a pan to cook more and heat up but it was just not the same. They were especially proud of their pasta station. To be truthful I do not want to spend that kind of money for pasta.Special Features:
- Well done Grove ParkStanTDined on 9/13/2014This was our daughter's choice for her 16th birthday. She also invited a nice young man who wishes to court her. Thus, 16th birthday and first date so to speak. Very special We loved the big band music too - Hard to find these days. You'd be suprised how many young people like that music. So nice not to hear cheap rock or country music. Music definitely inlfuences the dining experience. Well done Gove Park. Thank you Robert for execellent service (; Grove Park has always been our Number 1 special events location. Note: Guests' evening dress attire needs to be addressed and posted. Should require at least collared shirt tucked into pants or slacks; no jeans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Views and Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014The Prime Rib buffet on Saturday nights at the Blue Ridge Dining Hall at the Grove Park Inn is well worth the cost not just for the Prime Rib, but the great variety of well prepared salads and hot entrees, let alone the vast dessert selection. If you get a good table, the view just increases the overall dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatgreerbeachDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at this restaurant but not our last! The Friday night seafood buffet was great. Everything was perfect! The food, the service, the view, etc. We celebrated my husbands 50th birthday and had a great time. Very relaxed, not rushed, can't remember the last time we spent 2 hours eating, talking & enjoying ourselves over a meal. Great, we look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovingFoodInAshevilleDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food on the brunch buffet, a great Asheville experience.Special Features:
- Fabulous Sunday BrunchPerazzola1982Dined on 8/31/2014The food was amazing! There was such a big selection of foods to choose from and they did not disappoint. The view was breathtaking! I will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Celebrationfoodieturning40Dined on 8/30/2014We dined here with friends for a birthday celebration. We had spent an afternoon outdoors at the Biltmore Estate Outdoor Center and it was a nice relaxing evening. We think if we had eaten earlier the food would have been a little better. It was later in the evening and we know it is hard to keep food fresh on a buffet. It was a great end to a busy day. The hotel is beautiful, and we visited Elaine's Piano Bar after supper. It was FABULOUS!! Highly recommend it for a fun night with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fri/Sat PM buffet is outstandingAntonEgoDined on 8/30/2014Our family has been to the Friday night or Saturday night buffet several times in the past and those experiences have been good. Now (apparently due to the Omni upgrades) the buffet is outstanding. In fact, our family agreed it was the best buffet experience we have had anywhere. The quality of the selections as well as the creativity and originality was surprising and satisfying. There were numerous selections that we have never seen on any buffet elsewhere and not a single one was disappointing or even average. And when you combine the buffet with the mountain vista views in the dining area, we could not give a higher recommendation. The buffet is certainly not inexpensive, but we plan to return on special occasions during the year.Special Features:
- shortieDined on 8/29/2014Had a wonderful time celebrating our 50th anniversary. The seafood buffet was nicely varied but if I were to do it again, I would stick to the cold seafood room. Fish was a bit dry in the hot room. Salads were wonderful and the desserts to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Blue Ridge extravaganzatherovinggourmetVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Sunday Brunch at the Blue Ridge Dining Room is an experience not to be missed. With the backdrop of the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains, the brunch offers three rooms of delights, ranging from custom-made bloody marys and amazing desserts to seafood and meats (smoked and roasted/grilled), vegetables and all the standard as well as non-traditional brunch treats. Met with a Mimosa, you're free to indulge to your hearts content. What a visual and culinary experience! As a final treat, walk thru the beautiful lobby and grounds of the Grove Park Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ControllerDined on 8/23/2014The food is always wonderful. Your staff is the friendlyest I have dealt with in a long time. If you were closer to me, I would ask for a job. Working with people like that must be fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful views and relaxed settingwncmountainsDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I ate here Friday evening for my birthday. We had a window table a view of the City of Asheville and the surrounding mountains and the sunset was outstanding. They have the seafood buffet on Fridays, with seafood, salads, soup, and desserts. They do have a stations with chefs cooking pasta, mussels, banana foster, and beef in addition to all the other self serve items. We loved the relaxed atmosphere and took our time enjoying the food and the views, we were there about two hours. After we finished eating we went back to the main lobby/grand hall and listened to live music. It was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok - not really even okSquishyraspberriesDined on 8/17/2014We had our wedding dinner there 17 years ago after eloping in downtown A-ville. So... we decided to go back (been living out of the country for about 15 years). It was nice at first. We were excited with being there again. But as the excitement wore off, reality sank in and we realized the food quality was just not that great. When living in Utah, each Thanksgiving, we would have dinner at Sundance and the quality of food is many times better than the Grove Park. I really think that Omni has hurt this place. We remembered the old Grove Park that didn't take up the whole side of Town Mountain. We spent a lot of time up there on the veranda, the golf course and just around that area and it is just over done now. What a shame.Special Features:
- 60th Birthday Party was a SuccessjeffsnightoutDined on 8/16/2014Held my wife's 60th Birthday Party in the Blue Ridge on a Saturday night. 19 adults and 2 children. The party was a great success due to great buffet, great service, and beautiful facility. I would recommend this dining room.Special Features:
- cuisinequeenDined on 8/16/2014Delightful and delicious evening. Our waiter Jason went above and beyond to make our evening special. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating, very aware that dining in the Blue Ridge is a special occasion for most of their customers, and they all were so friendly, helpful and all had a great sense of humor they shared with the clients. Definitely recommend dining here, especially on Friday for the seafood buffet or Saturday for the prime rib buffet. The selection of salads, meats, vegetables, desserts... outstanding. Something for everyone for sure!!!Special Features:
- Near perfect!HappyCamperDined on 8/16/2014We had the Prime Rib Buffet and the main event was perfect. Great food and a beautiful setting with friendly and attentive service made for a great birthday evening. I highly recommend this for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining!expectthebestDined on 8/16/2014Everything about our dining experience was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GROVE PARK INN SEAFOOD BUFFETNANADined on 8/15/2014This is THE SPOT for a special occasion! Our waiter, Julian, was THE BEST - attentive not obtrusive - expert and so delightful. Our meal was superb. The chef even prepared an exquisite and delicious vegan meal for me. The views could not be better. The seafood buffet is a jewel. Don't miss this wonderful dining experience. You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40thannivDined on 8/10/2014When trying to decide what to do for our 40th wedding anniversary, we both came up with having brunch at Grove Park Inn. It was easy to make the reservation on line. We requested a table by the window since it was our anniversary. We were seated at the time of our reservation, and by a window. Our server, Kaitlin S, was very attentive and friendly. And the food was excellent. It was an excellent way to celebrate this special day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grove Park Inn - WonderfulAnniversaryDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary in the Blue Ridge dining room of the Grove Park Inn. It was Friday night and the cuisine was the seafood buffet. What a wonderful feast! The food was terrific, the service was wonderful and the ambiance was amazing. What a great place for a special occasion .Special Features:
- Blue Ridge diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic views, great food and better wine. Our group of 4 came on a Friday and you had the seafood buffet. wow the food was far more than expected each course was better than the next. It was also my wife's birthday and you prepared a special chocolate surprise for her. Very much appreciated. The servers were very attentive, kept the plates cleared and folded our napkins every time we left for additional plates of food. Believe me when I'm back in Asheville, I'll be back here.Special Features:
- Best Sunday Brunch in Town !javierdeviajeDined on 8/3/2014Heve been a number of times to the sunday brunch before and after the acquisition of the Grove Park Inn by Omni, either on our own with my wide as well as with family, friends and business visitors. Sunday Brunch has always been a success with newcomers. Since the acquisition by Omni, buffet contents has improved both in selection, quality and variety. One thing remains unchanged and this is the best service by far in the area. Being taken care of by Jose or Laura is an authentic pleasure, both our guests as my wife and myself felt treated like royalty. The recently added Eggs Benedict station is a hit in our opinion (before it was less than so-so) a nice addition. Congratulations and keep up the good job!Special Features:
- PerfectNicksDined on 8/3/2014As always the food was perfect and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, the buffet was expansive and oh so good. The prime rib melted in your mouth. Our server Justin was attentive and even brought us a toast of champagne for our anniversary. The view is remarkable. We will definitely go back next time in areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NobbyDined on 8/1/2014Have visited many times in he past 20 years. This was the second time visiting since the change of management to Omni.It is very obvuious the focus has shifted from the guest to the Omni bottom line. Very disappointing ,another US tradition bites the dust.Special Features:
- Jim from EasleyJimfromEasleyDined on 7/26/2014As far as the food goes some of it was really good some of it was really bad but most of it was okay. My main complaint was the fact that the room is full of windows that allow the sun to shine in in the late evening directly upon the people. Even though they had sunscreens on each window that could have been let down they refused to do so. The room heated up very fast and the sun was shining directly in our faces. I told the manager that I would never come back until they change their policy on their sunscreens. I felt like she could have cared less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood buffetveggiefanDined on 7/25/2014The food was wonderful. Expansive selection and great variety. Salads as always a treat. Lots of seafood!!! Delicious vegetables. Enjoyed immensely.Special Features:
- Incredible ExperienceJudyandRonnieDined on 7/25/2014We dined at the Blue Ridge Dining Room and had a wonderful experience! The food, the atmosphere and the view of the mountains were outstanding, but the staff was the part of this experience that made it an incredible evening. Jason Tobin, our server was absolutely fantastic! He was attentive, pleasant and informative. We really enjoyed his supportive and friendly approach! Other staff members, including Natalie were also so helpful and available to assist us. We are sharing this experience with family and friends and plan to return to the Blue Ridge Dining Room. Thank you for the wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Unexpectedly GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014We hadn't been to the seafood buffet for quite sometime, but will definitely be back! There were lots of excellent choices. The lobster ravioli was the best. There was also a filet station that looked great, but we focused on seafood and pasta. My husband especially like the clam chowder.The desserts were also fabulous with a nice variety. We had a super nice table with a beautiful view. Service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Ridge Seafood BuffetObservationsFromAmyDined on 7/18/2014Overall, the food at the Friday night Seafood Buffet was good. However, the variety and quality of seafood itself fell short of my expectations for a seafood buffet. In particular, the crab legs were extremely small, and much to my disappointment, I did not even see any scallops. The beef, however, was excellent. Also, the view was great and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't beat the viewSpingirlDined on 7/13/2014A massive display of brunch type foods and a view overlooking Asheville and the beautiful Smoky mountains make this distinction hard to beat. This restaurant is one of my family's favorite destinations when we are in the area.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014Excellent service and food. Very special for important occasions.Special Features:
- Fit for a King!ShrimpyDined on 7/11/2014Ate here in October and it was good. Had dinner this weekend and it was spectacular. The Omni group has decided for quality over quantity! Although an abundance of choices are here the food is excellent and displayed with style. Between my husband, my sister in law and myself we probably tried everything. My husband us a vegan and he was thrilled when the chef made him an extra dish. With one exception being a very watery fondue, the food, the service and the ambiance was a 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Site; Desserts need helpanniversarycelebrantsDined on 7/11/2014Enjoyed a lovely anniversary dinner together at the Friday night seafood buffet. The service was great; the scenery perfect. While the salads and main entrees were excellent, I thought for the price they needed a little more variety in sides (vegetables, starches, and breads). Also, although the desserts are lovely in presentation, the taste was mediocre. The cakes and cupcakes were dry and uninteresting, the key lime tart lacked tang, etc. Overall, it was still a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensivegreygrannyDined on 7/6/2014This was a lovely buffet but quite expensive. There was seafood but no fowl of any kind unless you consider the fried chicken at the chicken and waffles as fowl. Next time I will eat at one of the other restaurants at the Grove Park Inn because it was not worth the price when you are someone that does not overeat.Special Features: