Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant
1235 Warm Springs Rd
Midway, UT 84049-6466Neighborhood:
EuropeanPrice: $31 to $50
Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.theblueboarinn.com/
- Phone: 4356541400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm.
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 8:00am - 10:30am.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Contemporary German, Scandinavian
- Executive Chef: Eric May
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Library seats 8-12 Small dining room seats 8-20
- Private Party Contact: Eric May 4356541400
A word from Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant
The Blue Boar Inn and Restaurant is reminiscent of an old world European Hunting Lodge which is nestled in the foothills of Midway, Utah. The Inn's charming main dining room will accommodate 60 people. We specialize in European Fine Dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Park City ›
Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (26)romantic (26)great for outdoor dining (17)scenic view (16)fit for foodies (11)great for brunch (9)neighborhood gem (8)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great restaurantKrautdinerDined on 9/1/2014A wonderful little restaurant, well-hidden gem! Could have done without all the OHV traffic, but oh well.Special Features:
- Blue Boar InnmelmelDined on 8/31/2014This is a wonderful restaurant for a special occasion. The food and service are excellent. Too pricey for a regular night out but perfect for a special occasion. We have eaten there twice in the past two years. Ambiance is very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FromageHommeDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful for romantic special occasions. Amazing food, service, and setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enchanting!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014A lovely restaurant with a unique menu and wonderful service. Bavarian style decor is charming. You definitely need to experience this one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SO DELICIOUS, TAKES YOU TO PARIS!amafoodieDined on 8/22/2014The day I had lunch at the Blue Boar Inn was a culinary revelation! The ambience , the food, the service, all superb!! It has the feel of being in another world, reminiscent of old world Europe or Bavaria. The surrounding countryside is bucolic and serene. You would indeed be lucky to experience a meal there. This was my third trip there and I have never been disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014The food was very good, and the service was outstanding. I think the first coarse of the shrimp risotto may be one of the best things I have ever eaten.Special Features:
- Delightful surpriseGuinnDined on 8/16/2014We were looking for someplace special for my husband's birthday dinner while on vacation in Park City. Most choices looked over-priced, too casual. The Blue Boar Inn in nearby Midway sounded best. Exceeded our expectation overall. Our server was a little raw/inexperienced but was overall fine. The Wild Boar Swedish Meatball starter was delicious. The lingonberry jam was just right in complementing the gravy of the meatballs. My filet did not need the cheese topping, but was well prepared to my taste of medium rare, the mushrooms were perfect. The halibut was just ok. Did not care for how the broth overwhelmed the fish and was a bit too chewy. The wine list and was just a little overpriced. but not horrible considering the locale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALL OF OUR SPECIAL OCCASIONSdinneronsteveDined on 8/13/2014I proposed here and we come back every anniversary and Wed is the Chefs set menu and it is filling and delicious for only $30 a plate it can't be beat.Special Features:
- Great foodDust6565Dined on 8/1/2014The filet was wonderful and bigger then I was expecting. Everything we had was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good surpriseChupachupsDined on 7/28/2014It was a date with my husband, both foodies. We were surprised by the very affordable prices of the menu, but without getting the high end products, they were very well prepared. The service was great until we were done with our entrée. We did not mean to hang out for ever, but we wanted to have a dessert and an after dinner wine with it. The servers were a little hard to find. It was still a very nice overall experience, surprised to find a restaurant like that in Midway area.Special Features:
- Our Favorite Utah B&BGManDined on 7/13/2014By far, this is the BEST B&B and restaurant in Utah. My wife and I call this our secret get away and bring only our best freinds to enjoy the awesome food and great atmosphere. The Chef and his team do a wonderful job of preparing and presenting the food items. "Jay" is always available to chat and answer questions on the history of the B&B and show us the truly superb rooms they have. Just took our out of state best freinds there for Sunday brunch and had another 5 star visit.Special Features:
- Another pleasant eveningBigGeorgeDined on 7/10/2014We love to go to the Blue Boar Inn for dinner when we are in Midway. We took some friends there and had a wonderful evening. We had the Schnitzel, which is as good as any we have enjoyed in Vienna.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, more expensive than planCeceDined on 7/9/2014We decided to take advantage of the Wednesday tasting menu. The clam chowder was wonderful. We had a choice of 4 entrees which was nice. I chose the chicken piccata because of the spaetzel that came with it. It was OK, not great, asparagus was tough, chicken kind of tasteless. Those who chose the steak were very pleased. The cheesecake was surprisingly very good for dessert. Service was very attentive, almost a little too obsequious. Overall a nice meal. not sure I'd make the long hike up there from Salt Lake City again.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014When in the Midway, HeberCity or Park City area on a Sunday, thus place is a MUST!!! John and his staff are do personal, the scenic views and great food can't be topped. I have never eaten inside, but I hear from friends that winter still The Blue Boar is just as scenic. Would stay over just to have brunch there!Special Features:
- DisappointedAllaboutfoodDined on 7/5/2014We were expecting a far more eclectic menu. We've dined at Hurley's in Napa Valley, they are famous for their wild boar roast. I guess we were hoping to have something like that at the Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant. As is was, the food was good but nothing outstanding. We were very disappointed in the escargot. On the menu it said 'Garlic Buttered Escargot'. It was not buttery nor could we taste the garlic. However, the service was superb. I would not go out of my way to eat there again. There are several restaurants in Salt Lake City that are far better!Special Features:
- GreatKatshrnkDined on 7/1/2014We often come to Blue Boar Inn for dinner or lunch after golf. The food is wonderful and the service outstanding. Little amenities like Belgian chocolate after dinner. We lve itSpecial Features:
- Luv2eatLuv2eatDined on 6/25/2014This restaurant is one in a million. We were seated immediately. Our service was impeccable. But the food was the star of the evening. My husband had the pork loin and I had the beef tenderloin. Both were tender and delicious. Our dessert was a chocolate torte with fresh berries and 'Happy Anniversary' along the plate in silver lettering. After dinner our Maître D took us upstairs and showed us some of their rooms they rent. Beautiful! We had a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Romantic Getaway!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful evening. Great ambience. European art and antiques, muted lighting and soft music. Great food and wine. Fresh trout. Smooth Italian Chianti. Friendly, knowledgeable service. Couldn't ask for more. Will definitely be back. Want to stay in the beautifully decorated and furnished rooms on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Next time we will stay here, too!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/9/2014We enjoyed a delicious three course meal followed by dessert. The Inn Keeper on duty that night served our meal. She was fabulous at explaining the menu and helping us enjoy our evening. We shared the risotto with pork cheek followed by seared scallops for me and the signature salad for my wife (of course we sampled each other's dish). I ordered the tasty schnitzel. My wife ordered the outstanding shrimp and polenta flavored with locally produced cheese. We also shared an order of grilled Brussels sprouts. Despite ordering far more food than we could possibly eat, we each saved room for a creme brule with berries. Following the meal the staff kindly showed us several of the author/poet themed rooms and many of the inn's curiosities.Special Features:
- A favorite place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014After many years of visiting the Blue Boar, it never disappoints. It is well worth the drive from Salt Lake City.Special Features:
- The following 36 reviews are from the Blue Boar Inn & Restaurant reviews archive.
- Utah1Dined on 5/21/2014The Blue Boar is an excellent place to bring out of town guest or special family occasions. The food and service is superior. Very comfortable and intimate setting. You can tell the ownership has given attention to detail. You will not be disappointed having a special meal at the Blue Boar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An ExperienceBlueBoarFanDined on 5/18/2014When you travel a short distance and feel like you are in another world, it creates such an experience for the person. Our experience at the Blue Boar Inn was just that. The service was amazing. We were treated so well, from great recommendations, to checking in and just a smile and kindness from Kathy. She obviously loves the work she does and the location where she does it. The food was incredible. My boyfriend and I consider ourselves good cooks and enjoy knowing about quality food. The food blew our minds from how simple it was but how we knew it was the chef making something incredibly difficult LOOK very simple, though we knew how much skill went into making such a delicious meal. Thank you.Special Features:
- WonderfulKatshrnkDined on 5/10/2014We went up to Midway for a special Mother's Day dinner. It was outstanding. We had the stuffed pork chops. I had the escargot and my husband had the French onion soup. For dessert we had the chocolate mouse cake and everything was very good. It is a great place to go for a special occasion. We will for sure go up to the Blue Boar again and again. Maybe next time we will spend the night up there.Special Features:
- party of 2partyof2Dined on 5/9/2014Delicious food and excellent service. Will return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/23/2014My wife and I came up to the Blue Boar for our 32 wedding anniversary dinner! This was our first time to the Blue Boar and my wife now wants it to be "our" place for our anniversary celebration! The staff was GREAT! Everyone was so professional and nice. Dinner was amazing from the first bit to the last bit! After dinner we walked around and saw all of the other great rooms and antiques. We had a great time. The staff took their time to take pictures of us in front of the fireplace. They then took us and showed us a room upstairs. All of this with a smile making our visit great! We will be back and we will be staying the night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Brunch in UtahJGravesDined on 4/13/2014I went back to the Blue Boar after a 10 year hiatus, and it was just as great as I had remembered. It is a multi-course experience and everything is delicious. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServicejeffroDined on 4/5/2014I have been to the Blue Boar Inn on multiple occasions, most recently this past weekend 4/5-4/6 2014. I have never been disappointed. Food and Service has always been top notch and Chef Eric May continues to knock it out of the park! Current Winter Menu has some outstanding selections. I highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass for the main entree and Scallops salad for your second or even 1st course. Stayed the night at the Inn and had the Sunday Brunch the next day- (Breakfast-Brunch) included with your stay. Again simply outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blue Boar Innhooch34Dined on 3/24/2014We are from PA and have a vacation condo in Park City. We went to Blue Boar Inn for my birthday. Spectacular waitress, food etc. Loved hearing the history of the property. We have a wedding destination venue in PA so it is nice to see and hear the staff at BBI love their jobs! The risotto WAS OUTSTANDING, Black bass with golden raisin puree a tantalizing special treat.Special Features:
- QuietOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2014Really enjoyed having lunch at the Blue Boar Inn. The ambiance cannot be beat and the food and service were great as well.Special Features:
- My family & I have dined atlynnDined on 3/16/2014My family & I have dined at the Blue Boar Inn many times. Our last visit was wonderful, as it is consistently. The only snag was when we came to brunch at our reserved time of 2:00 p.m. One of the restaurant staff persons informed us that the restaurant was closed inasmuch as it closes at 2:00 p.m. This was surprising because I had made the reservation on OpenTable, the menu selection allowed me to make a 2:00 p.m. reservation, and I had called a couple of times, once that morning, to confirm the reservation and update the restaurant about the number in our party. While the restaurant served us and the service was superb, it got our visit among our family members to a rocky start (we see each other maybe 3 times a year).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchEmilyDined on 3/16/2014Went here for brunch as part of our anniversary get-away. We loved the ambiance, and the five course brunch was delicious. My only problem was that my stomach simply wasn't big enough, but they were nice enough to package the dessert course so we could eat it at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!We8L8VIPDined on 3/12/2014My friend had been to the Blue Boar on another ski trip to Park City/Deer Valley and recommended that we go back. Food was fabulous and very reasonably priced, service was great, and the Inn is charming. They have a 3 course fixed price menu on Wednesdays and after I made my OpenTable reservation, someone called to make sure that I knew about the Wednesday fixed price menu to make sure they didn't disappoint - they didn't. The fixed price Wednesday menu had a choice of soup or salad (great soup), 4 entree choices and 2 dessert choices. All for $30 - a great price for the quality of the food, menu, and service. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually good but not today.RC2004Dined on 3/9/2014Made an online reservation for 1130am and waited over a half hour to sit while we watched people without reservations come in and sit down in front of us. The staff was fairly apologetic but that didnt hepl me sit any faster. After finally getting our table for 4 and 1 child everyhting else went "ok". Service was a bit slow even though it was not terribly busy. Unfortunate mainly because we took our friend there for his bithday and I had been raving about how great it is up there and unfortunately it was a disappointment this time around. Generally the food is great and we love the brunch there. We have also stayed in the rooms overnight and they do a very nice dinner. Hoping that it was just an anomoly and we have better luck next time.Special Features:
- Worth the Drive!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/7/2014It took us about 30 minutes to get to the restaurant from Park City. It was well worth the drive! I would describe the food as very delicious Northern European comfort food. The fondue for two fed 2 grown men and a hungry college freshman, the split pea soup and the French onion soup were perfect, and Schnitzel was both wonderful and far more than I could finish. My only regret was that we did not go back the next night! Bring a designated driver, though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatmarcDined on 3/6/2014We have eaten and stayed at the Blue Boar Inn many times. We are never disappointed with the wonderful surroundings, service and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MEMORABLE DINING EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2014We have been coming to Park City for over 20 years for skiing. During our visit, we always try to find new restaurants for a unique dining experience. This year we hit the jackpot. Driving out to Midway, approx. 15 minutes from Park City, we visited the BLUE BOAR INN. The attentive service was nothing short of incredible only to be exceeded by a magnificent dinner served in a quiet, romantic and delightful setting. .I highly recommend the Blue Boar Inn and will continue dining there whenever visiting the area. Harry Krikorian-Vista, Ca. 92084 February 27, 2014Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed our brunch veryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/16/2014We enjoyed our brunch very much. There was two couples and the food and service was excellent. We definitely will go back. Would like to try early evening on patio in summer. We drive up to midway from SLC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Romantic ExperienceBirthdayMomandDaughterDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I have been married 18 years. We have teenage children and finally decided that we should have an "overnight" date. I had heard of Blue Boar Inn but never known anyone who had stayed. Based on the reviews, and super online pictures of rooms, we chose to stay the Emily Dickinson room, dinner and brunch the next morning. It was a wonderful experience. The room was absolutely perfect, the food divine and the overall atmosphere so romantic. Thank you all for an elegant, relaxing and romantic getaway! I hope to return every year and don't think I'll have any difficulty convincing my husband.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than pleasantHowardDined on 2/14/2014Great atmosphere and location , excellent service , portions and value well above expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice change of scene from Park CityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/12/2014Quaint, European-themed inn. Interesting antiques and Olympic photos and pins on display. Wednesday nights are chef's menu for $29.95. Good choices and ample portions. Love the Park City restaurants but grow weary of the prices, crowds and noise. BBI is well worth the 20 minute drive for something different. Small cozy bar nice for winter. Outdoor patio is huge and looks like a great place to eat in season. We will definitely return and perhaps stay a night or two as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.