926 S Presa Street
San Antonio, TX 78210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foodisbliss.com/
- Phone: 2102252547x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Back patio is open for full service when weather pemits.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Bliss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room- Seats 30 (50 w/ outdoor patio.)
- Private Party Contact: Daria Kossowska 2102252547x
- Special Events: The following authorization statement formally confirms scheduled reservation for a party of 8+ at Bliss Restaurant. It allows Bliss Restaurant to collect $45 fee for every person in the party in the event of a late cancellation (24 hours) or no-show without a prior notice. Yes Delete
A word from Bliss Restaurant
Bliss is consistently among San Antonio’s best restaurants in terms of quality, service and atmosphere. Bliss is located just blocks away from downtown San Antonio in the burgeoning Southtown area. Our mission is to express excellence in the most inclusive, genuine and hospitable way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bliss Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bliss Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (177)fit for foodies (173)romantic (129)neighborhood gem (104)notable wine list (98)great for outdoor dining (68)hot spot (51)good for groups (40)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (10)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Wonderful location and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Great find nestled in King William with ample parking lot attached. Entire staff were knowledgable and friendly, it seems that everyone is happy to be working there. Lovely reclaimed vintage petrol station turned into an intimate dining spot. Menu changes daily and is well thought out and executed with attention to balance of flavours and textures, nice list of wines for pairing. Three starters and four main dishes were all perfectly prepared and presented, their Duck, Duck, Foie & Red Snapper with Shrimp Risotto were particularly notable. Desserts were not on par with the quality of the dinner menu, Watermelon Sorbet & Key Lime Pie were acceptable but didn't wow. I will happily return to try the rest of the menu and for the great service.Special Features:
- Expensive but interesting....DanielLVIPDined on 8/30/2014Look at the menu and then give it a try...... If the cost for dinner isn't an issue I think you will be happy with the experience!Special Features:
- Exceptional!VivMilesVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wait staff was "a cut above". All item where very good but there are not words to fairly describe the pork and bean, unbelievably good!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Took my girlfriend out for her birthday. We started with a charcuterie, which is always great. This time we tried the fried oyster sliders, and were absolutely amazed. She ordered the scallops and I ordered the duck for our main course, and were both impressed. We also had the pleasure of sitting next to Coach Popovich, which made our night that much better!Special Features:
- Exceeded my high expectations.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/28/2014Based on reviews, I recommended Bliss to a group of clients and partners while in town on business, and all I can say is WOW. We were in heaven. Every bite was better than the last. The freshest oysters, the most tender pork belly, the most richly and complexly flavored scallop dish- fantastic. Add to that some fantastic wines, perfect service (the kind that leaves you wanting for nothing but generally unaware that they're there), and exquisite ambiance and it was a perfect evening. We plan to return for a celebration dinner at the end of our project!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superlative Service, Great ChoicesdearktDined on 8/27/2014Bronson was our waiter. He was charming, well informed and has a great sense of timing and humor. I loved the oyster sliders and my husband equally enjoyed his beer tartare. We split the Vegan Platter (quinoa, farro, soba noodles and veggies) and had the panna cotta for dessert along w/ a couple of glasses of Cava. While a tiny bit loud, the overall ambiance is very attractive and our 1st visit there will not be our last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Difficult Review To WriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014This is a difficult review to write. Yes, the food is very good. The proportions for Culinary Week we're pathetic. If you want to show case, for a return visit, this is not the way to do it. The air conditioning, sitting on the opposite side from it, is like an Artic blast for two-hours. Uncomfortable to say the least. The tables are a very weird rectangular design. Perhaps to ge the across the room seating in. Go if you wish. But, the check, for San Antonio, is out-of-place. Manhattan, yes. Here, no!Special Features:
- Excellent!JM34Dined on 8/23/2014Bliss was a wonderful surpirse to eat at for our anniversary. The wine pairing Prix menu was wonderful. Great perfect service, friendly helpful staff and a wonderful ambiance. Older building turned into a fun atmosphere. Its a fun hot spot that is a bit noisy which is great to make it not so stuffy to eat in. I had amazing rack of lamb with mouth watering appetizers and excellent portion sizes to enjoy the food. Will go there again!Special Features:
- Blissful!JBGBDined on 8/23/2014We tried Bliss during Culinariasa.org restaurant week. Why we haven't tried Bliss before is beyond me. It is our new favorite SA restaurant! Every comment in all of the other reviews about how great the food is hits the target. Not one complaint did we have. We will be back very soon. I definitely want to experience the chef's table. Monique was the best waitress and even gave us a tour. Bliss=blissful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014The food was wonderfully presented however the flavor combinations didn't have the same impact. The food was good, simply the combinations of the spices and herbs detracted from each other. The flavor profile wasn't to our expectation. The watermelon soup could have been quite refreshing and instead the heat detracted from that opportunity. The scallops were cooked well. The service was good and I would have rated it higher if our server would have been more knowledgeable about the wine list.Special Features:
- Fit for foodieSAndyDined on 8/23/2014I enjoy a restaurant with complex dishes on the menu....ones I would never take the time to cook at home and would be unable to replicate. Bliss fit the bill. Awesome meal.Special Features:
- Excellent!RockyDined on 8/23/2014We chose Bliss for our Restaurant Week experience. Their menu sounded great and they didn't disappoint. We had scallops and lamb chops. Both were phenomenal. We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy dinnerluv2dineDined on 8/22/2014It was a great little dinner. Food is fantastic service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome repeat visitJCSuarezDined on 8/22/2014This was my third time there, and service/food was just excellent... Again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was amazingdianagDined on 8/22/2014I loved the whole experience. The food was amazing and the wine was great. We tried the pork belly for an appetizer, it was delicious. The lamb was great and the cheesecake for dessert was so good. Definitely coming back here for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Great foodamandam106Dined on 8/22/2014Our first visit was to try out the Culinaria menu for Restaurant Week. Very impressed. Scallops and Snapper were delicious! Cant wait to go back to sit on the patio and try some more items from the full menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our Favorites2SAFoodiesVIPDined on 8/22/2014Bliss is a close second to our favorite "Silo." Bliss provides a warm inviting feeling with wonderful service and fantastic food. Well done for restaurant week!Special Features:
- Find from Restaurant WeekdhgolfVIPDined on 8/22/2014We tried the restaurant for Restaurant Week. What a great place! Great food, excellent presentation, excellent service. We will return.Special Features:
- DeelishErnSADined on 8/22/2014We had been planning a stop atBliss for some time. When I found out about Restaurant Week on Facebook I figured it was a perfect chance to try. My husband loves scallops and theirs were easily as good as any he'd had before. He was so happy to find good scallops in San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week FavoriteFatKidAtHeartDined on 8/20/2014Went to a couple restaurants for SA's restaurant week, this was by far the best. The pork belly, scallops, and cheesecake were by far the best. Don't know if it is on their normal menu, so sorry if its not. Wine was superb too. Knowing that I love wine and the difference between the colors red and white is about 90% of my wine knowledge. The staff was super friendly and willing to explain different bottles, and the one they recommended was superb. Only drawback (which is not a drawback) is it is pricey. Even for restaurant week I dropped over $150 for 2. So if you go, come with a fat wallet (but I should note it is worth it - I wish it was cheaper, but its worth it)Special Features:
- NernahDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I have been meaning to try Bliss for several months, so Restaurant Week seemed like the perfect opportunity. What a wonderful gem of a restaurant. The food was modern and delicious. Our server was incredibly attentive, without being intrusive. The whole experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/20/2014Wonderful lively atmosphere and great food and service.Special Features:
- BeautifulMandMDined on 8/20/2014Everything about the restaurant was beautiful - the food, the decor, everything. The service was impeccable, and the food was absolutely delicious. I recommend the scallops - so tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bliss is appropriately namedJessDined on 8/19/2014Every time I come here, I have an outstanding experience! The meals are of outstanding quality and the service is attentive and professional. If you haven't yet experienced Bliss, you are missing out.Special Features:
- Incredible Food and ServiceParkman328Dined on 8/14/2014Very Authentic Food and incredible Service. Place to go to impress your guests.Special Features:
- formernewyorkerDined on 8/12/2014As always, a great dining experience. Food, wine, service, ambience all excellentSpecial Features:
- Lovely special occasion restaurantBobEDined on 8/8/2014Delicious dinner, excellent choices on the menu. Excellent service. We are recommending to friends for a lovely special occasion restaurant. The seared scallops, lamb, wedge salad, and key lime dessert were all outstanding! Also an outstanding wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refreshing Excellence in ServiceSkyjaxVIPDined on 8/8/2014Bliss is one of my wife and I's favorite San Antonio restaurants. The vibe is always great, and the food has been consistently innovative and amazing at the same time. I am prompted to write this review however to recognize their service. For the first time in probably five trips, we had to wait an additional 15 or so minutes past our scheduled reservation. No less than 4 people - from hostess to manager - came by our table and apologized. Also, the mgr comped us two of their best apps: the oyster sliders and the pork belly. Comps are not necessary; simply having people recognize the slight wait was enough. SA has a lot of cool new spaces and great food, but service has not kept up. Thank you Bliss for remembering service comes 1st!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Proper dining experience...HardToPleaseDined on 8/8/2014Having lived overseas and had the fortune to experience some Michelin star restaurants, it's plain to see that the chef and staff are dedicated to bringing that level of excellence to SA. My wife and I were very impressed with the ambience that was high end without being snooty. And the food was fantastic. I believe the "pork & beans" was some of tastiest and well prepared meat I have ever had...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southtown restaurantEricFDined on 8/8/2014Dropped onto Bliss after movie. We were dressed very casually, but did not matter. We fit right in with the other patrons. Ordered the oyster sliders and were very pleased. My wife had the red fish. It was fantastic. Fish had a great flavor and the kale was incredible. I had the veggie dish and was not dissappointed. Good, but not great wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off the River Walkixlr8VIPDined on 8/6/2014Meal: Oyster Sliders, Charcuterie board (Prosciutto, Chorizo, 3 cheeses, honey, peppers and mustard), Lamb, Scallops, and Snapper. Though the entrees were fine, the real winners were the starters - do not miss out on the sliders - unique, delectable, delightful, and unforgettable. Honestly, I would have a meal of those (4 to a plate). We had the entry level Zinfandel, which was also excellent. This place gets bonus points for the attention the staff gave to our three person party. You could tell there was genuine love and caring in what they were doing, and it showed in the service received. The sides were notably poor (congealed, oversalted...) - likely left in the window while the mains were finishing - prep/expeditor error.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!EpicuriousDined on 8/5/2014One of the best meals I have had in a long time. Yes, it is very expensive. Yes, it is worth it! The scallops were awesome. The service top notch. Highly recommend Bliss!!Special Features:
- Bliss is a do NOT missHayleeDined on 8/2/2014What a fabulous place! Excellent service. Wonderful charcuterie offerings. Fun wine list. The oyster sliders are a must. Pork belly was divine. Would fly back to San Antonio just for the scallops. The redfish & shrimp risotto were amazing too. Only wish I lived closer, so I could go more. Was too full for dessert, but they looked great too! We sat outside and loved it, but inside had a cool vibe too!Special Features:
- Our Last Weekend in San AntonioDCinSADined on 8/2/2014I wanted to surprise my wife with a romantic dinner to celebrate our last weekend in San Antonio as we are moving out of state. From the reservations, to the help from the staff to make the surprise a success and the wonderful cuisine, it was awesome. The apps were awesome, the oyster sliders and the beef tartar and the scallops and lamb for entrees were phenomenal!!! It was an oddly cool night for San Antonio but we were inside and walked around when we were done and noticed the areas outside to eat. Either way anyone will be very pleased eating there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arizona2014Dined on 8/2/2014Our entrees were fabulous--duck and the "pork and beans" I was disappointed in the charcuterie appetizer....Fabulous bottle of wine...newcomers to King William and will be regulars...hope to plan a Chefs Table soon .... Thanks Arizona NewcomerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!food4meDined on 8/1/2014Do not miss an opportunity like this. Food was amazing!!!!!!!!!!Service was outstanding, Marcie was on top of everything we needed without being a nuisance. Menu had changed slightly from the time I viewed the menu on line, but it was no problem for Marcie And Chef /Owner Mr. Bliss made us a special order. You won't find a better restaurant with this type off class, ambiance, detail to service and quality.Special Features:
- All around good restaurantRomanDined on 8/1/2014Our experience here was great! Even though the portion sizes were small, they were very well presented and very tasty. It lived up to its name in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls NightJewelryladyHopeDined on 7/31/2014Met two of my girlfriends for dinner to catch up and share a meal and conversation. Lovely meal. Great ambience. Not too noisy that we couldn't hear each other. Service was attentive but not overbearing. This was my second visit to Bliss. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful datenightJerasicaDined on 7/29/2014We went here very eager to try the food as we'd heard so much about it. Not only was it amazing but the servers and staff were so helpful and encouraging, making sure we had everything we need. They made the night truly special. The lb didn't hurt either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bliss at blissJustJDined on 7/25/2014Mike bliss is a genius chef...the food was outstanding! So delicious and the wait staff took great care to be attentive yet not overbearing! Worth every penny!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.