926 S Presa Street
San Antonio, TX 78210Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.foodisbliss.com/
- Phone: 2102252547x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Back patio is open for full service when weather pemits.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Bliss
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private room- Seats 30 (50 w/ outdoor patio.)
- Private Party Contact: Daria Kossowska 2102252547x
- Special Events: The following authorization statement formally confirms scheduled reservation for a party of 8+ at Bliss Restaurant. It allows Bliss Restaurant to collect $45 fee for every person in the party in the event of a late cancellation (24 hours) or no-show without a prior notice. Yes Delete
A word from Bliss Restaurant
Bliss is consistently among San Antonio’s best restaurants in terms of quality, service and atmosphere. Bliss is located just blocks away from downtown San Antonio in the burgeoning Southtown area. Our mission is to express excellence in the most inclusive, genuine and hospitable way.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Bliss Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bliss Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (187)special occasion (163)romantic (120)neighborhood gem (109)notable wine list (97)great for outdoor dining (73)hot spot (63)good for groups (43)late-night find (10)scenic view (9)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- bjbjmechDined on 10/18/2014We had an amazing night at Bliss. Everything was amazing. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Incredible in every way!FoodieGirlVIPDined on 10/17/2014I loved everything ... From the oysters to the farm to table salad. The wine list was great. And the server was vey knowledge. The food has many layers of flavor. It felt like my mouth www dancing. And the desserts unreal. I travel extensively and fine dine often. This is rare find! Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Love the place. Oyster sliders are to die for. Love the whole experience. Definitely will be going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Truly 'Blissful'!TweynandDined on 10/14/2014Our birthday celebration for our favorite girlfriend was wonderful, beginning with a new bottle of wine recommended by the 'bartender' as we arrived. We chose oysters and pork belly to start; they were so delicious! Each of the six of us ate a different entree, from fish to tenderloin and so on...we were in heaven! Our meal ended with a sampling of four desserts and they were fabulous!Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 10/14/2014My eating experience at Bliss was outstanding! The service was excellent, the food amazing. Our glasses were always full, the servers were corteous and very knowledgeable of the menu, food and trends. I highly recommend it to friends and to our groups at our hotel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply superbRedhead2Dined on 10/11/2014Food, presentation and service were wonderful the second time around for me and my guests. The oysters fresh, the bronzino beautifully plated and filleted at table. Tried the pork and beans this time – an original and surprisingly good choice.Gorgeous desserts and a wonderful wine list.. Well worth the expense!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blissful!issyfoodieDined on 10/11/2014What a great spot. When our party of six arrived, we were advised that whoever had reserved the chef's table in the kitchen had cancelled and would we be interested and of course, we were. The service was impeccable and the food was fabulous. The show in in the kitchen was great. Couldn't have asked for anything better!Special Features:
- Best part of our tripRibcramVIPDined on 10/10/2014Terrific food and atmosphere and service! Our server Letty was amazing . She was very knowledgable about the menu and super attentive without being annoying. This place is a gem and definitely the highlight of our trip to San Antonio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vdcddsDined on 10/10/2014Great service. Excellent menu. See why it is one on the best places to eat in San AntonioSpecial Features:
- Truly blissful!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/10/2014We ordered small plates and salads to get a variety, and everything was exquisite. The oyster sliders were an incredible mix of flavor and texture and perfection, and I will be trying to recreate the goat cheesecake for the next several months. Also, our server was friendly without being intrusive, helpful but not patronizing, and very knowledgeable and professional throughout. Loved the whole evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss out on Bliss!FineDineFineWineDined on 10/7/2014Service is impeccable! The watermelon salad was exquisite followed by a succulent Duck/Fois Gras entree. My guests had the signature Oyster sliders with a tasty beet salad and Bliss' take on the Caesar salad with the perfectly-prepared Red Snapper. Never disappointed and will return again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food and servicejemejoVIPDined on 10/4/2014great food and service without pretense - would go back anytime for a repeat performanceSpecial Features:
- A true gem in San Antoniopublisher73VIPDined on 10/4/2014Off the beaten tourist's path, away from the Riverwalk, is Bliss. The name fits. The whole experience is first class from start to finish. The eclectic menu is almost universally approachable and the flavor pops ... from the watermelon salad to the scallops and, of course, the oyster sliders. Highly recommended for anyone planning a visit.Special Features:
- dining experiencelaughDined on 10/3/2014Classy. Enjoyed my time there. Expected a little more quanity of food. Food was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- date nightSouthTownYumDined on 10/2/2014This restaurant in SouthTown San Antonio was very nice for a date. The food was not typical Texas sized huge portions. Was well presented and very tasty. We had the small plates of Tuna and the pork belly. Pork belly was excellent. The tuna i would not get again. Tasted good but was a little odd to eat very small bits of tuna on a fork and them falling off the fork. The entrees of filet medallions and scallops were excellent. Service was very excellent and the wine suggestions and timing of food delivery could not have been better.Special Features:
- Noise level was distractingLocalGuestDined on 9/27/2014Great food, but I would not recommend it for a romantic dinner for two, it was so noisy we really couldn't talk at our own table without raising our own voices in turn. The outdoor area was just as "boisterous" but at least the outside allows the noise to dissipate a bit.
- Fantastic, but I need more food!WineGuyDined on 9/27/2014I loved a lot about this restaurant, the ambience, service, location, and tastiness of the cuisine. I know that elevated cuisine generally offers small portions, but for the price, I think the portions could have been a bit bigger.Special Features:
- Terrific & engagingRedhead2Dined on 9/27/2014The food was extremely creative and beautiful presentation. It offered up a long list of excellent choices – really spectacular menu. And the mix of flavors was simply scrumptious. Spent two weeks in Paris this summer and this is the first meal I've had that reminded me of the passion and style of a Parisian restaurant – but was all its own and terrifically, distinctly nouvelle Texan. Hats off to these San Antonio chefs! The service was prompt and excellence and without flaws. The whole restaurant gave off a very eclectic and energizing atmosphere--former garage so it has a very funky and nouvelle vibe. Looked great outdoors – with fire pits and and more spacious in the layout of tables. So overall the restaurant was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DMB1Dined on 9/26/2014I'm never disappointed at Bliss! As always, the food was superb, as was the service. I love duck and it was done to perfection. After ordering a glass of wine, I decided I did not care for it, and the waiter brought me another very good selection in the same price range. Of all the restaurants in this trendy area, Bliss is my favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindseyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014First time eating at Bliss and I loved it. The Butterfish was absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Birthday FeastWineLoverDined on 9/23/2014We had our son's 27th birthday dinner at Bliss last weekend. We consider ourselves "foodies" who have access to a modest aged wine cellar. Bliss' policy for allowing us to bring our own wine (at a reasonable corkage fee) enabled us to enjoy a 20-year old Magnum of Amarone with our "over the top" meal! We had the Torchon of foie gras and the Roasted bone marrow / beef tenderloin tartare. I highly recommend both! The salads were very fresh. My wife had the “ P O R K & B E A N S ” which she loved. My son and I had the "D U C K / D U C K / F O I E G R A S" that literally melted in our mouth! The service was friendly and knowledgeable and was topped off with a chocolate cake and candle! Thanks Bliss for a memorable Birthday celebration!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterDined on 9/20/2014Our first time at Bliss and we were very impressed with everything. Great wine list, our dinner was spectacular and dessert was delicious!! We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently FantasticNeutronDined on 9/20/2014Bliss always gets it right - the food is top notch, service is second to noneSpecial Features:
- Always a winnerDianeDined on 9/20/2014I had four friends visiting from Houston and thought I would take them to someplace I knew they would enjoy and they loved Bliss!!! The service is outstanding. We weren't rushed and all the recommendations were delicious. I will say if you go and don't have the oyster sliders you will make a big mistake! Enjoy!!!Special Features:
- Amazing! !!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Dinner was excellent, dishes presentation are beautiful, the service was very good as well. I definite will recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is the starEpicurianDined on 9/19/2014After eating here I think that Bliss is distinct for its thoughful menu offerings and accessible high cuisine. A great experience. If I have any complaint it is over the space. The restaurant is small. The tables along the walls are very narrow and that means that if the wall is to your right you will constantly be bumping your right elbow on the wall. Not cool, I actually pulled the table away from the wall to prevent this. Otherwise I'd return. A big plus for a downtown restaurant is that parking is free!Special Features:
- So GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014I have had the pleasure of going to Bliss twice this month. Once for a business dinner and once for my birthday. I chose it because I knew that everything would be perfect and it was. The service, the food, the setting were absolutely fantastic both times. They don't spend a lot of time on twitter or Facebook. I guess because they are too busy making everything awesome. Here's a tip, for a really fun date night, grab one of the outside tables as it gets cooler and enjoy an after dinner drink in one of their special blankets next to the fire.Special Features:
- ScrumptiousAmbreDined on 9/13/2014My husband and I started with the charcuterie on our waiters suggestion. We followed that with the oyster sliders, also on our waiters suggestion. My husband ordered the risotto and I had the duck breast. Needless to say, we did not leave any food on our plates. We ended the evening undecided. My husband had the chocolate torte and I had the Pecan pie. We took home the Keylime pie and the cheesecake because we couldn't make up our minds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous, special and funhappydiners4Dined on 9/11/2014We have dined at Bliss at least eight times, and each time has been a special experience. This last visit, we recommended it to our friends from Corpus Christi, and they were very impressed. My special favorite is the scallop entrée, and my friends ordered it as well. My husband prefers the lamb. We always bring home our leftovers, and enjoy them the next day. Service is always very special and this visit, our server, Terry, offered us a tour of the kitchen and the back room. Lovely evening, great food and wine!Special Features:
- BLISSfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Always excellent service and amazing food! One of my favorite restaurants in San Antonio! Amazing Front of the House staff and Back of the House staff. Beautiful restaurant and lovely patio!Special Features:
- Best TX dining experience to date!RepatExpatDined on 9/9/2014We moved back to the US a couple of years ago after living in Europe for several years, and were fortunate to have a friend recommend Bliss for our Anniversary dinner. In a word: Awesome! The food was great, especially the "tapas" or charcuterie/cheese selection. And though we normally eschew bread when dining out we couldn't get enough of the fresh and warm rustic/artisan bread served at our meal...fantastic! In addition to the great food, the ambiance was perfect. Not too loud...not too subdued. However, it was the impeccable service and attention that will keep us coming back. Our server Maricela was attentive without hovering; just perfect. Looking forward with great anticipation to a return visit despite the hour-long commute!Special Features:
- Bliss is perfection!foodiesnobDined on 9/6/2014The food was superb. Our server Bronson was knowledgeable, helpful, and attentive. This restaurant was quite a find. We chose this over several restaurants in the area because of its reputation. It exceeded all of our expectations. We will definitely be back. Its our new favorite restaurant. Word of advice-make reservations and request to sit inside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steve & AmySteveDined on 9/4/2014Bliss always has an unusual and first class menu, along with a great selection of wines, from modestly priced to the more expensive. Every night, they mix up the small sharing plates, which we've taken to ordering several of with the excellent Barolo they serve. Or, you can load up on larger plates with fish or meat. The servers are pro's, the folks at the front are always friendly and they managed to turn an old, Spanish-style gas station into a hip and elegant experience. GO THERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellence in food and service.cavdocVIPDined on 9/3/2014First service for our party of 6 was attentive, added to the dinning experience and courteous. The quality of our food from appetizers, main course, and desserts was impeccable. I could not give Chef Bliss and his restaurant a higher recommendation. A full bar would be a good addition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful location and serviceFoieHunterDined on 8/30/2014Great find nestled in King William with ample parking lot attached. Entire staff were knowledgable and friendly, it seems that everyone is happy to be working there. Lovely reclaimed vintage petrol station turned into an intimate dining spot. Menu changes daily and is well thought out and executed with attention to balance of flavours and textures, nice list of wines for pairing. Three starters and four main dishes were all perfectly prepared and presented, their Duck, Duck, Foie & Red Snapper with Shrimp Risotto were particularly notable. Desserts were not on par with the quality of the dinner menu, Watermelon Sorbet & Key Lime Pie were acceptable but didn't wow. I will happily return to try the rest of the menu and for the great service.Special Features:
- Expensive but interesting....DanielLVIPDined on 8/30/2014Look at the menu and then give it a try...... If the cost for dinner isn't an issue I think you will be happy with the experience!Special Features:
- Great dining experienceJazzerciseMomVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was delicious and beautifully presented and the wait staff was knowledgeable and attentive. A very enjoyable evening for us. Do try the watermelon soup!Special Features:
- Exceptional!VivMilesVIPDined on 8/29/2014Wait staff was "a cut above". All item where very good but there are not words to fairly describe the pork and bean, unbelievably good!Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Took my girlfriend out for her birthday. We started with a charcuterie, which is always great. This time we tried the fried oyster sliders, and were absolutely amazed. She ordered the scallops and I ordered the duck for our main course, and were both impressed. We also had the pleasure of sitting next to Coach Popovich, which made our night that much better!Special Features:
- Exceeded my high expectations.destijlVIPDined on 8/28/2014Based on reviews, I recommended Bliss to a group of clients and partners while in town on business, and all I can say is WOW. We were in heaven. Every bite was better than the last. The freshest oysters, the most tender pork belly, the most richly and complexly flavored scallop dish- fantastic. Add to that some fantastic wines, perfect service (the kind that leaves you wanting for nothing but generally unaware that they're there), and exquisite ambiance and it was a perfect evening. We plan to return for a celebration dinner at the end of our project!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.