10 Pinelawn Road
Melville, NY 11747Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.blackstonesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6312717780
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Monday - Friday 11:30am-till late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Richard Lanza
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Blackstone Steakhouse
Blackstone Steakhouse is a great choice whenever you're in the mood for hand selected prime dry aged steaks, the freshest seafood, raw bar, sushi bar, or delicious wood fired lobster. All served in an inviting, sophisticated atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Blackstone Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)good for groups (71)romantic (59)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (55)vibrant bar scene (44)hot spot (39)neighborhood gem (38)great for lunch (31)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (6)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Martha333VIPDined on 9/28/2014Always great food and service. The steak was superb as were the chops and fish. A great place to dine.Special Features:
- Food took a very long time.LilybeanDined on 9/27/2014We have dined here numerous times prior. Always had a great experience. On Saturday, we were out to celebrate my birthday and the birth of our first child. First night out in a while. Our sever Steven was great! He was knowledgeable and recommended great new items/specials. Our dinner took well over an hour after our appetizer. We were not in a rush, however what could take so long for dinner? Our server had apologized, but we didn't ask what was the hold up. Once our dinner came to the table , a "manager" stopped by the table and said," how are you guys doing over hea?" No apology, and not very professional. Also, one thought, Serving the Wagu steak, Maybe it should be cut table side? $85 piece of meat, served cold topped the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is just ok1WLINYDined on 9/26/2014The staff is very friendly and accommodating. Wait staff is knowledgeable. Food is just "ok" - my medium steak was over-cooked and a bit on the dry side. I expected more. I won't be coming back
- Superficial-super expensive-subparThundar65Dined on 9/26/20142nd time we've eaten here and came away both times with same perspective. Horde of waiters, hosts and staff are very attentive and decor is sleek... but food is over-priced for the quality (made up for in quantity). One also feels that the staff lose a little interest in you right away if you order tap water vs. bottled water. Feels like a great deal of time and attention is paid to the look and feel of Blackstone,and that part is very nice... but I just can't get over feeling the food just isn't that flavorful, interesting or well prepared. My halibut dish was a substantial piece of fish with lots of interesting visual items on the plate... but not much to excite the palate. For $250 I'd much rather go to Crossroad in Northport twice!Special Features:
- Steakhouse connoisseursLizzieVIPDined on 9/25/2014My husband and I have eaten at numerous steakhouses and this is definitely in the top 5 of the ones we've eaten at. Not only was the steak amazing but the sushi as well. A little pricey compared to other high end steakhouses but worth a visit especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Best birthday everBirthdaygirlDined on 9/20/2014Cant say enough everything was perfect. Your staff went above and beyond and this was a great night. The food was great. The bartenders nailed the cocktails and the waiter Michael was a force to reckoned with. VERY HAPPY and it was not my first time there but it was the best time there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014The service is great the food is excellent but the male customers are slobs. If you are a man and cannot take the time to put on a long pair of dress pants or a shirt with a color than do me a favor and go to Arbys or Mac Donald's. If you don't care about yourself show some respect for your wife.Special Features:
- Couples night outCityeatsDined on 9/20/2014We had a reservation and were seated immediately. The list of specials was amazing. Many delicious choices. The service was a bit slow, but the food was great. The place is beautiful and the staff very friendly.Special Features:
- Snobs!BABSVIPDined on 9/20/2014Atmosphere outside was beautiful. Food was very good but way overpriced. Waiter was a snob with a I'm better than you attitude especially when we didn't order any drinks or appetizers. May not return for this reason.Special Features:
- excellent restaurantfoodtasterDined on 9/20/2014everything from the drinks, the service, the food were spectacular. first time there and they will replace my restaurant of first choice to visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in MelvilleFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Excellent, high end steak house in Melville. A bit on the pricey side but very well worth it. Great appetizers and entrees. Steaks were cooked exactly as requested with outstanding flavor. Service was excellent. It is definitely worth a visit. We will be back!!!Special Features:
- Jnc114Dined on 9/13/2014The steak is consistently delicious and the service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs upSteakmanDined on 9/13/2014I do not give praise easily, but Blackstone is truly a cut above. From the bar, to the room, to the service, to the food, to the general atmosphere Blackstone delivers. These people run a tight and tasteful ship. And if you are looking for a romantic dinner you can't do better than this place. It is now my new favorite and will probably hold that spot for many years.Special Features:
- The joy of black stonesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Fabulous oysters great steak good wine a must place to dineSpecial Features:
- Another Great Meal at Blackstone'sTaxprofsDined on 9/13/2014When you dine at Blackstone's, you have a right to expect a great meal. They never disappoint. The steaks were excellent, the service was very professional and attentive and the ambiance was perfect. A little noisy which is what one expects in a steakhouse these days. We look forward to our return visit which I hope is not too far in the future.Special Features:
- ServicebdaydinnerDined on 9/13/2014Drinks took a little too long to get. They made it seem they went out to the farm to pick the fruit then juice it by hand and put it all together. That's how long it felt (exaggerating slightly but took longer than it should) I'm assuming bar service was busy that day and couldn't produce fast enough but I guess this restaurant is based more off quality than quantity.Special Features:
- Service and QualitywhiskersDined on 9/13/2014My husband, cousin and her husband, and myself dined at Blackstone to celebrate my husband's birthday. The waiter was extremely attentive and even had a candle in my husband's delicious desert and brought other waiters to our table to serenade him "Happy Birthday"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingTccr2012Dined on 9/12/2014All of the food was amazing! Our service was great! They seated us right away. We could comfortably have a conversation with each other. We spent more than we were planning but that's because we splurged on the appetizer and dessert specials of the day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticK3fornowDined on 9/11/2014This is a must try restaurant! Although a little pricey, the quality of the meal will be worth it. I had the crab cake appy, Filet & Mandarin Orange Cheesecake which were all terrific and I would recommend to all! The service was amazing. Waiter was very attentive and offer many suggestions which was helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dinner placeStanDined on 9/9/2014The service we received, from the Valet parking attendant to the attention that we received from the wait staff and the manager was exceptional. They made sure that the drinks and the food was exactly the way we wanted it.Special Features:
- Extremely DisappointingworldfoodieVIPDined on 9/7/2014I have been to this restaurants many times in the past, years ago, and it was great. Now, not so much. Steaks are overcooked, I even went for a burger one night during the week, it was like a hockey puck. You would be much better off dining in their sister restaurant, Rare 650, where the chef knows how to get the temperature correct on the meat. I don't know what is going on there, but if you like your meat well done, its the right place for you. Otherwise, STAY AWAY!Special Features:
- DessertcdisasDined on 9/7/2014Needs improvement and cigar list needs updating with ratings/new cigars.Special Features:
- Outstanding RestaurantJosephDined on 9/6/2014Have been too Blackstone Steakhouse many times and keep returning. Although there prices are on the high side there service is outstanding and so is the food they prepare. The steaks are so tender they can almost be cut with a fork. Wish they would add crème brule to the menu, that's the only desert missing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedFancypantsDined on 9/5/2014I had thought blackstone would be an amazing steakhouse. However, the server really pushed their seafood selection and the steak wasn't the best I've ever hadSpecial Features:
- A must for Great Sushi Steak WineTellersloverVIPDined on 9/5/2014Blackstone's is a must for great sushi, fish, steak and wine (nice selection of interesting cocktails as well). Wine list is extensive, the sommelier is personable, knowledgeable with perfect recommendations of the most interesting, great wines served in an elegant decanter. So many wonderful steak selections, sushi is fresh and delicious. Service is top notch. Serving staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and top notch. If you have not tried, Blackstone's is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food; Too LoudItsjolaDined on 9/4/2014Brought clients here for dinner after a round of golf. The food was great and the service perfect. My Lobster Bisque was superb and I followed that up with the Chilean Sea Bass, which was the best I've had. Others in he group ordered the Lamb Chops, Swoardfish, and filet - and their opinions were similar. It was difficult, however, to carry on a conversation due to the loud music from a DJ located in the same air space/room - but that is my only complaint. I will certainly visit again, but will ask for a more quiet location within the restaurant.Special Features:
- Best of EverythingRickDined on 9/3/2014Long Island offers many good Steak/Sushi restaurants. All provide good food and have good to excellent wine lists while offering a good pour. None meet the high standards of excellence provided by Blackstone both in quality of food and especially their extraordinary service.Special Features:
- Great experience!!SojournerDined on 9/2/2014Went to celebrate a friend's birthday and it was a true dining experience. The hostess was warm and welcoming, the wait staff exceptional, and the food ... the food was worth every penny. What a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too expensivemillyDined on 9/1/2014I always liked coming to Blackstone for special occasions. BUT, for the price we paid, we got NOTHING. For example, I had 1 crabmeat cocktail for starters and a 8 oz lobster tail for an entrée. No sides were included and no salads. My husband had 1 doz. oysters and a starter of Kobe beef tiny strips cooked at the table. Also fried stringy onions. I had a cup of coffee and a desert and we had 3drinks. The bill amounted to: With tip - $260. Not for the average person...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/31/2014best steak around the area with great cocktails and sushi too.Special Features:
- very priceyDoc1Dined on 8/31/2014While the food is good and the service like-wise, you pay a lot for both.Special Features:
- High quality steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Went here on Friday night. Very nice atmosphere we arrived just before the rush. Badi was an excellent server made us feel very comfortable from the get go. Youre going to drop a few bucks here...but it's worth it for a special occasion or nice date. Would definitely go back. Filet was very good, creamed spinach was really good, I've had better crab cakes, but overall it was a very nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joenorthportDined on 8/27/2014it was a great experience once again. to be honest the wine list was extensive but really way over priced A bottle of 40 year Anniversary Caymus that sells in a wine shop for $ 62.00 was billed at $ 180.00 That is a NY City price and not worthy of Farmingdale Long Island Overall service, food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatKidsarepeople2Dined on 8/27/2014We have enjoyed quiet dinners for 2 and hosted a party for 20 in a private room. Blackstone never disappoints. Great drinks, food and service.Special Features:
- best yet.dineNwineDined on 8/25/2014It was my wife's birthday and I needed somewhere special to celebrate,so I remembered that I've been there one time before and absoluty loved it.Called and made some dining reservations for us,it was so easy that after that all we had to do was show up.got there at 7pm,it was all about how they placed us at our table to the service we got,must say it was the best.my wife had a great time.We will defiantly revisite soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miyochunmiyochunDined on 8/25/2014I have been here numerous time on business with my clients and every time the outcome is complete satisfaction! The service is great from the moment you walk through the door. The seafood tower and sushi are delicious. The menu has something for everyone. I prefer the patio room seating. It is a little quieter and cozy. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great-no exceptions!ScottyVIPDined on 8/25/2014This was probably my 50th time here. Cant get enough. Just awesome!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceEspoDined on 8/23/2014It was a fantastic evening. It was an anniversary and our servers made sure that the evening went perfectly. You have two servers, and we unfortunately did not "gel" with one of the servers (not that he was bad, we just didn't connect). He must have noticed because it went from a 50/50 split to a 75/25 split with the other server being there more. Very knowledgeable about the menu. The food was great. We love a good steakhouse and this place is top notch. The service really was impeccable, very attentive but not overwhelming, perfect balance. To top it all off, when my lady went to the bathroom our server asked what her favorite desert was and for our names and made a great desert platter for us saying "Happy Anniversary" GO NOW. BOOK IT!!Special Features:
- always a good mealBuonnnnnVIPDined on 8/23/2014the place is beautiful the food is always good and the service is the best...
- LunchNewtonDined on 8/22/2014Excellent lunch- the food was great - service excellent and there was space around to have a good business discussionSpecial Features: