Bistrot La Minette
623 South 6th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19147Neighborhood:
South Street / Queen Village
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bistrot La Minette
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bistrotlaminette.com/
- Phone: 2159258000
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday 5:30 - 10:30 pm, Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm Lunch: Saturday and Sunday 11:30am to 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Peter Woolsey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For more information or to reserve the private Salon, please contact Brad HISTAND.
- Private Party Contact: Brad Histand 8884454872
- Special Events: Keep an eye out for our special regional food and wine dinners. Every month Bistrot La Minette will choose a different region to celebrate. Each dinner is $35 for 4 courses. An optional $15 wine pairing is also available.
A word from Bistrot La Minette
Bistrot La Minette is the realization of Chef Peter Woolsey's dream that began a decade ago during his earliest days studying in France: to create a restaurant that would share his love of the authentic bistrot experience with his fellow Philadelphians. Chef Peter pays great respect to the traditional dishes that he creates and honors the classical French methods required to achieve unparalleled bistrot cuisine. Both savory and pastry menus are ever evolving to reflect the seasons, the availability of the best ingredients and the inspiration of the chef. They are drawn from the various regions of France and the multitude of delicacies that each has to offer. The service is both efficient and warm, rooted in a foundation of hospitality and caring for our guests. Our goal is for Bistrot La Minette to be accessible to all guests that enjoy superb food and wine, and the company of their companions: hoping to evoke their best memories-or dreams-of traditional French bistrot dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Bistrot La Minette - Best Restaurants in South Street / Queen Village ›
Bistrot La Minette reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (163)special occasion (137)neighborhood gem (135)romantic (125)notable wine list (86)great for outdoor dining (38)great for brunch (32)good for groups (23)great for lunch (10)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Food and service was excellent. I will definitely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Bistrot la Minette is an amazing find. Hidden a block away from the crowds on South St this restaurant is a gem. The food was flawless and very authentically French. The ambiance was very romantic and quiet. There are about five tables outside to people watch and enjoy your food. I will be back here again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Yes, you can go and enjoy good french traditional cuisine with no pretension, this is my second time over there and was better than the first one. Service was good. Prices are average..well...food in the USA are increased their prices, that supposes to happen in third world countries not here...hey wake up...inflation! Again you can go! PD. Bread was outstanding! (something difficult to find in most restaurants in USA)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- south philly hoodie foodiehoodieDined on 9/13/2014disappointing service; usually it's really good, but not that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a standoutPhilguestVIPDined on 9/13/2014Food and service here is always superb without being ostentatious. This is our go-to place for a special dinner/night out.Special Features:
- Great French CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014My girlfriend and I visited Bistrot La Minette on Friday night as a way to get out on a Friday evening as well as to take part in Center City's Restaurant Week. Due to the fact she is a student and I am a recent graduate who has yet to find a job, our budgets are low and Restaurant Week gave us the opportunity to experience fine dining at an affordable price. Another reason why this reason stood out among the vast list of restaurants to choose from is because French is/was the major of both of us, and as opposed to other restaurants listed for French cuisine for Restaurant week, the menu items for this restaurant were actually in french which was pleasing to both of us. The food was very well done and I would like to return someday.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014It is unfortunate that they got rid of their outdoor space out back. It was the nicest restaurant patio in the city. The food and service however are still great, and the restaurant week menu was a great value.
- Loved itMed2010Dined on 9/11/2014Me and my husband went there for restaurant week. The good thing is that the restaurant week menu is very similar to the regular menu. The place is the cutest french bistro, great for dates. The food was absolutely delicious. Even the bread is out of this world. I had the pea soup, the rabbit and the creme brulee. My husband had the escargots, the short rib (yum) and the chocolate mousse. Both foods were amazing. The cocktails were good and the service was excellent. Would greatly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Francophile friendlyDebDVIPDined on 9/11/2014They have been delivering excellent French fare for years. Great food. Great staff. Great place. Duck, beef, all desserts are completely delectable Great atmosphere to meet friends and family or take a date. Always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014We had a wonderful meal for Restaurant Week with fantastic service. The house wines are very good and a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute French RestaurantKiyohitokageDined on 9/9/2014Bistrot La Minette is a beautiful French restaurant with some pretty tasty food. Fairly unassuming from the outside, the restaurant delivers great food around a beautifully decorated interior.Special Features:
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2014Great food and a transporting ambience....feels like Paris! Sevice was excelllent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est Bon!Philly4usDined on 9/8/2014First time at this lovely french bistro. Amazing food, great ambience, excellent service. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for dinnerMmeBVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a lovely meal on Saturday evening. The chicken was delicious and the rabbit was very good. I found the dressing on the green salad a bit too acidic. When I told them, they brought me another salad and gave me the choice of four different dressings and I picked one after tasting them all. I liked the way they handled this. A very pleasant evening!Special Features:
- SunnyDined on 8/28/2014Enjoyed a delicious and romantic dinner at Bistrot La Minette! Very authentic French menu - wonderful staff - extremely friendly and cozy! Highly recommend it for dinner for 2 - or for a larger gathering. Open kitchen allows you to chat with the chef if he's not too busy cooking up your fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb restaurantredramVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have frequented this restaurant many times and this special menu was featured to celebrate their 6th anniversary. The five course meal included a pitchet of excellent wine. The service was good and the food excellent. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:
- A nice place for adults.BulldogDined on 8/26/2014One of the few places left that has no TV at the bar, the wait staff is professional and personable, and the food is excellent. Try their wine pairing regional dinners every month or their special occasion dinners for an added treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickZ3Dined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent , the ambiance captures alot of the French experience, wait staff was very attentive . This place rates a return visit very soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary ExtravaganzalovefoodDined on 8/26/2014The special anniversary tasting menu was outstanding. The salmon tartare with lentils was delicious, and my husband's vichycoisse with truffle oil was exquisite to start. It just kept getting better from there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They never disappoint!SherzVIPDined on 8/26/2014We attended the 6th Anniversary dinner of the restaurant's opening. They served a 4-course dinner, consisting of some of the chef's favorites, with a pichet of very good house wine, for $55. Since there were two of us and since every course had two choices, we got to taste everything -- and everything was great! Most notable: A smooth vichysoisse with truffle oil, a vol-au-vent with seafood, a steak au poivre, duck breast, and the two desserts: a peach tart accompanied by a raspberry sorbet (with lemon curd), and a mille feuilles with raspberries. This is the closest, in atmosphere and creativity in cooking, to a French bistro. This is about our 6th time there, and we have never been disappointed, "special" meal or not.Special Features:
- Love! Just like being in France!RiterReVIPDined on 8/25/2014My boyfriend, friends, and I went to their 6th Anniversary dinner and it was nothing less than amazing. The food is always authentic and much different than what you typically find at other french restaurant in the city (Sardines Grillées sur Lit de Ratatouille, Lapin Rôti à la Moutarde, Gigot d’Agneau). I have never had a meal here that wasn't delicious. For this particular evening, we had a 5 course meal to celebrate their birthday, with a choice of two options for each course. The salmon tartar was presented nicely, the salade tomates has just the right amount of dressng, the halibut was nice and flakey served in a saffron sauce, and the duck was cooked to perfection and very tender. Bistrot never fails to deliver a wonderful night out.Special Features:
- Fabulous dinnerPaulieDined on 8/25/2014Great dinner, wonderful service. Can't say too many good things about Bistrot La Minette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6th anniversary birthday dinnerlolapurpleDined on 8/25/2014I had a nice time here always. The restaurant's ambience is always calm and serene. The music is great! One complaint I have is the steak thT they made which was overly coated with halves peppercorns which made a dish unappealing for me. The rest of the menu is delicious and consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Frenc Restaurant !!Maggy50Dined on 8/24/2014We are from Montreal Quebec and we learned about this restaurant through our local paper La Presse. It was a wonderfull discovery. Don't hesitate GO if you like french cuisine and find a Paris ambiance.Special Features:
- aly332sDined on 8/23/2014A gem in Queen Village! *The house wine was decently priced and enjoyed by all at the table *The specials included shaved truffles which we chose to have over the macaroni and cheese - excellent. *Lamb shank was fall-off-the-bone good, and the vegetarian and fish entrees were equally as good. *Best creme brûlée I've had in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Amazing Foie GrasFrankyPhillyDined on 8/22/2014The foie gras and the escargots were simply amazing.Special Features:
- Vegetables burnt. Service greatRegularDined on 8/22/2014Vegetables burnt. Rabbit cold. People next to us were loud. Service great as usual. Wonderful ambience. Crane outside took away from view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est bien!TeaHouseDined on 8/19/2014Had a lovely meal with friends. I especially enjoyed the delicately fresh heirloom tomatoes and the grilled sardines. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- emphasisDined on 8/17/2014Went with two friends and everything was perfect. The sardine appetizer, the mussels and the great heirloom tomato salad were outstanding. Of the entree's we had the rabbit, duck and short ribs all of which served beautifully. The mouse and sorbet capped a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris dining in Philly...AmazingDined on 8/16/2014Great find with this place, the embiance brings you back to a small corner cafe in Paris overlooking the busy streets while the food amazes with each delectable bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French gem!GrandMamanDined on 8/16/2014This bistro offers an authentic Parisian bistro experience, from the attentive service, to the perfect baguette bread basket, the wine list, and inventive but approachable menu. I had the rabbit which was exquisite and the rest of my family had the asparagus tart and the duck. All delicious. We were accompanied by an energetic two-year old and the waiters were extremely accommodating. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- MJADDined on 8/16/2014We had an excellent brunch, we will be back. Everything we ordered was magnifique.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/12/2014Authentic French bistro food, perfectly prepared, so don't expect a quick meal or oversize portions--just enough; service appropriately attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paris in PhiladelphiaBruinsportDined on 8/12/2014Outstanding dinner--been about a year since I went to Paris, and was feeling the need for some solid French fare...this place was more than solid--the duck confit was like sitting in a cafe in St Germain; the escargot was sublime. And LOVE the French cocktails...HIGHLY RECOMMEND!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, fun and relaxedSteveDined on 8/8/2014The food and service are very good. This is a great neighborhood bistro serving fresh and delicious French bistro food. The rabbit in mustard sauce is succulent and savory and paired really well with pinot noir. Tomato tart to kick off the evening was fresh and bursting with flavor. Inventive cocktails and food that adventurous kids would love.Special Features:
- Great escape to Paris right in PhilDevilsAdvocateDined on 8/7/2014First time at Bistrot La Minette, wasn't exactly sure what to expect not having heard anything about it previously; but definitely exceeded almost all of my expectations. Service was fast, efficient and courteous and needless to say the food was simply outstanding. My date ordered the special Provence four course meal (with the chef's wine pairings) which was simply perfect; and I ordered off the 'regular' menu which is anything but. The foie gras is not to be missed, the lapin entrée is out of this world and even their bread baked on premises is tremendous. Another good observation, of the people seated within earshot we were in the minority speaking American English. Several French and European couples were there on a Thursday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best French Gourmet in PhillymgiornoDined on 8/6/2014The wife and I had the Provencal dinner on Aug. 6th and it was to die for. The escargot with bone marrow, garlic, oil and anchiove was a savory flavor that is almost addictive. This was paired with a light peach colored rose that was oddly well-suited to mix with the flavors of the escargot. This was the first plate and it could have also been my entire meal. The cod with haricot vert served cold with a delicate mustard mayonnaise sauce was a perfect match. The third plate, oxtail with veggies in a reduction, melted in my mouth and achieved the rich flavor that Provencal is known for. It was paired with a very dry red wine with a heavy aroma. The dessert was a baked custard with cherries topped with creme anglais.Special Features:
- Second Time aroundMitchdishVIPDined on 8/5/2014I had absolutely loved my meal on Bastille Day so I brought 2 couples back. Unfortunately, the AC was broken. The food was still excellent, but I thought the staff should have made an accommodation for the lack of AC and the service this time was not really good, the wine I wanted was out of stock and it took a very long time to get our main order. I'll perhaps try again in the fall when AC won't be an issue.Special Features:
- great jobmsharfmanDined on 8/3/2014This is a lovely albeit small bistro with well prepared dishes made from high quality ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful French in PhillyBrianVIPDined on 8/2/2014We have been to Bistrot La Minette three times now, and the food has always been impeccable. The French menu is fun and and the dishes are always beautifully assembled. The ambience is elegant but casual, and the staff reflect this attitude. Small outdoor dining area is very cute, but can be noisy depending on traffic.Special Features: