19100 Von Karman, Ste. 100
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bistango.com/
- Phone: (949) 752-5222
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am-2:30pm Bar Menu: 11:30 am - Close; Saturday 5:30pm - Close Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30pm to 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday 5:30pm to 10:30pm CLOSED SUNDAYS
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Javier Montoya
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: We offer live entertainment nightly.
- Special Events: From a corporate luncheon in our Galleria room to a wedding in the Atrium Courtyard, Bistango can accommodate 20 to 350 guests with the perfect setting. Contact our event coordinator today!
A word from Bistango
Bistango offers artful New American cuisine in the award-winning Atrium Building in Irvine, California. Bistango hosts an extensive bar and a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list with over 400 varieties of wine. The ambiance is further enriched each season by revolving modern art exhibits which are available for purchase. Bistango offers a full-service patio with comfortable furniture and heat lamps to provide al fresco dining at its finest. Our nightly live entertainment and dance floor will complete your experience as you listen to everything from Latin Jazz to R&B to classics to contemporary cover tunes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Bistango - Best Restaurants in Irvine ›
Bistango reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (51)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (36)vibrant bar scene (33)good for groups (31)great for lunch (29)notable wine list (27)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (17)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Polished performance (mostly)JohnDined on 11/22/2014The ambience was great. The food was superb. Did I mention their Grand Marnier soufflé was outstanding? as was the garlic soup and the hanger steak with wine reduction. Service at table was excellent other than at the bar. We were seated right at the end of the bar nearest the front door, and no amount of effort could draw the attention of either bartender for about 10 minutes. i guess we were in a blind spot. However given that the level of service overall was extremely good, I'm willing to consider this the exception rather than the rule. And their Sazerac was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fooddjhmcDined on 11/21/2014Ordered the swordfish and it was delicious, very nice presentation of the dish, also liked the fact that you had the option of two prices, full and half, perfect for Seniors. Been to this restaurant many times and never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable dinnersRogernRenziDined on 11/20/2014Here on a business trip and discovered this restaurant. Ate dinner here on Thurs night and enjoyed the delicious meal and wonderful service from Gary our server. Decided to reserve dinner again for Friday night and Gary offered us a 4 course tasting menu with wine to match each course. It was such a treat and each course was a surprise. The General Manager Reza visited tables and welcomed guests and the wine buyer also chatted with us. Highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!KDavis816Dined on 11/19/2014I dined here with an associate for a lunch meeting ... The food was excellent, and I couldn't help but notice the atmosphere seemed perfect for a date night. So I will be back with my husband some time soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu and Wine ListOCDinerVIPDined on 11/17/2014The menu had an eclectic mix of appetizers, meat dishes, and seafood dishes, including some of the items we ordered: The Bison rib-eye looked tasty and perfectly cooked for two of my cclleagues who thoroughly enjoyed their meal. The Sea Bass which was delicate yet flavorful according to two others in our party. And I had the Paella which was loaded with seafood, and especially flavorful scallops. Definitely one of my top choices in Orange County for a perfect business meal where you can actually talk to one another through the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 11/15/2014The new Duroc Pork Chop on the menu is excellent. Service again was outstanding and the restaurant keeps improving every week, though it's hard to improve on perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place but not what I was expecting.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014This is not a tapas place; not a single tapas item on the menu. Music was nice, and service is very good. It was a nice place, but given the reviews it got I was expecting more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 11/8/2014Spectacular meal! Beef Wellington (a non-menu special) was perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious. Appetizers, soups, and salads were excellent and service by Gary was as good as it gets. And, lets not forget all star bartender Steve who definitely excells at his trade.Special Features:
- Fine DiningrayuDined on 11/5/2014The food is always excellent and with a good variety of choices. I particularly like that wine by the glass is available in either 3, 6 or 9 ounce servings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bistangoBestDined on 11/4/2014Hadn't eaten there in years. . was always a very special place. . but disapointed this time. Waiter had a real attitude, no friendliness in his manner, just are you ready to order and let's get on with it. . . . Food took a long time, and was very so so when arrived. Chicken sandwich bread was not toasted enough and taste very blah. Fries tasted like they had been cooked in old oil. . . . . No charge Valet service was great! !Special Features:
- Bistango AgainOdessaChappoDined on 11/1/2014This, as.always, is my favorite restaurant in Orange County - service, personalities, pace of service, and quality is perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyBSVIPDined on 11/1/2014our dinner was excellent, the service was great and the food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GEORGEDined on 10/29/2014THE QUALIY OF FOOD SEARVED DOES NOT MEET THE PRICES DEMANDED. INTANT MASHED POTATOES SENDS A VERY BAD SIGNAL. YOUR CEASAR SALAD NEEDS A LOT OF HELP,DRESSING TASTE LIKE OIL&FINIGAR,CROUTONS HARD AS ROCKS. NOW FOR THE KILLER,THOSE NICE LARGE SHRIMP WERE OVER COOKED & TOUGH.APPARENTLY YOU MUST BUY THE SHRIMP ALLREADY COOKED AND FROZEN.TOO MANY SHORT CUTS IN THE KICHEN. YOU MIGHT FOOL SOME OF YOUR PATRONS BUT NOT THIS RETIERED COOK. A POSITVE NOTE. THR RACK OF LAMB WAS GREAT,COOKED MEDIUM TO MY REQUEST.Special Features:
- Great lunchfussyfoodieVIPDined on 10/29/2014I went for lunch with a friend. I ordered the duck confit salad and was pleasantly surprised that there was a lot of duck and it was very tasty, with not too much dressing. Although the restaurant was full, we sat in the inner part and it was easy to talk. The service was excellent. I'll be back for the duck salad again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz and DinethebothmanVIPDined on 10/28/2014The musicians were talented and the sound level was ideal - wonderful background for a great meal in a classy venueSpecial Features:
- RickVIPDined on 10/18/2014Superb in every respect. New chef Christopher is fine tuning the menu and has added one of the best Osso Bucco dishes I've ever had as a Saturday night special. All meals are outstanding, the service is impeccable, and bartender Steve is an all star behind the bar. This is an outstanding restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014waiter was not friendly, service took forever.........Special Features:
- A class placeRBFeindrDined on 10/11/2014It is simply a class place to have a great meal with great service. The live music was also a touch above and for those who like to dance a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as always..NicknameDined on 10/11/2014all just great! Great, food and service. I love the art work and find that extra specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bistango BustlesJoefromJerseyDined on 10/10/2014Great find for great food with a decent happy hour and live music for dancing. Waitress was friendly. Drinks were very good and happy hour wine was fine!Special Features:
- Superb cuisine + Updated decorluv2enjoyDined on 10/4/2014Bistango ticks all of the boxes, starting with top quality ingredients, skillfully prepared and presented, a warm and sophisticated decor, plus live music that compliments your dining enjoyment. Bistango offers spaces for special occassions, a large patio for parties and much more. The Happy Hour menu served in the Lounge and Bar, provides a number of very tasty small plates to accompany your choice of beverages. Fortunately for us as a Irvine residents, Bistango has been serving diners for many years and is a restaurant well worth your consideration. Bon Appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelyOutoftownerDined on 10/3/2014Good combination of quality food, excellent service, spacious space, and entertaining music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food was good as usual but the service left a lot to be desired. We had to ask for water 3 times before someone brought it. Waiter was very inattentive. Not my typical experience at this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodNuuchDined on 9/27/2014Great service and as always great food. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- Disappointing DinnerDDDDineDined on 9/27/2014We ordered both the complete dinners at $48 each, expecting something special. Caesar salad with boxed croutons--make your own. Salmon and sides were cooked appropriately. Steak was dry- no green vegetable and non-special, tasteless, but abundant (ie, plate-filling) French fries. Cheese cake dry, not creamy, with too little sauce. Nice dessert for those with a birthday. Lots of fine wines. Attentive service. Live musical entertainment should start earlier so those enjoying a show can also enjoy the music.Special Features:
- Bistango DinnerOdessaChappoDined on 9/20/2014I hadn't been to Bistango in a long time. I thought of it last minute. I will now go often. The servers are professional and of a bygone era - at least far better than typical Orange County. The presentation and quality of the sashimi plate, the beet salad, and the sea bass were incredible. I want that same meal next week. The beet salad especially was far different than even what I've had in Napa and Sonoma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experiencebrea2942Dined on 9/18/2014My friend and I had lunch here the other day and everything about the restaurant is 5 star. The menu selections are phenomenal, the food preparation is outstanding and the presentation is marvelous. I had the crab and lobster cake on the prix fixe menu and it was to die for. The salsa underneath the cake was sweet but not cloying. My friend had the lamb - outstanding! The service is without equal - our iced tea and water glasses were kept full and our waitress checked on us often, without being intrusive. The restaurant manager came around also to make sure we were pleased. All of this happens in a lovely, lively atmosphere. Eating here is a pleasure for all the senses. Dinner is equally rewarding. This is definitely a must-do restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prices and good locationJulieDined on 9/17/2014I attended a conference in Newport Beach and the concierge recommended this establishment. They are known for their seafood and steaks. Instead I ordered the kobe beef ravioli and it was mediocre. My company ordered seafood and she said it was delicious. We definitely enjoyed the live entertainment. I would come again, but order a different dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining amid artsuevDined on 9/13/2014We went for the art exhibit opening, and stayed for dinner. Fabulous dinners all around, the ahi was the best ever. We all will return! The art show which is especially worth seeing, might be problematic in a full house. Diners might be uncomfortable with people looking over them to see a piece of art.Special Features:
- Awesome service & foodSuperfaceDined on 9/12/2014Love Love Bistango!... great food, service & music. Restaurant very classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinernicknameDined on 9/12/2014Probably one of the best dining experiences in the OC. Great range of appetizers and entrees and don't forget the soufflés for dessert. The music was varied with a sophisticated vocalist but still comfortable for dining. The entire dinner party of 6 had a great time with delicious food. Simply the best.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodnewportfoodieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Consistently good food, service and ambiance since they've updated the main dining room and bar area. Best dishes are the kobe beef ravioli, the mushroom crusted halibut and the lamb chops. Only problem this time around was the air conditioning was not turned on before service started on a hot day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningNatilyDined on 9/4/2014Bistango is a great find with nice ambiance and very tasty food. Salads, soup, crab and lobster cakes were delicious. We also enjoyed the art work displayed.Special Features:
- Exceptional ServicemwinsVIPDined on 9/4/2014We took a ninety year old there for his birthday. The waiter and manager gave us extra attention making a very special occasion for all involved. We were seated in a quiet corner ask requested, the food and wine were excellent.Special Features:
- Bistango in IrvineDuaneDined on 9/4/2014Outstanding food and service every time I've gone there. The venue is very attractive and parking is a breeze. Very worthwhile.Special Features:
- Best GF placeGFgirl99Dined on 8/29/2014I love this place and try to come every time I visit NY. The first thing they do is ask if you have food allergies and then are careful about it. They have gluten free ravioli, pasta, bread and desserts. Everything is delicious. Service is friendly. And the place is clean and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notamuncherVIPDined on 8/15/2014Seating has an impact on you overall experience. The mentality of the person at the desk is to fill the least popular tables first. Don't be afraid to refuse unacceptable seating. If necessary let them know of your dissatisfaction and put the burden on that person to step or leave. Do not accept anything below your standards.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceMaralleDined on 8/11/2014I had been there many times and many times it's been great but this time it was exceptional!! Our server Mario went above and beyond to make this a special birthday for my dad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RickVIPDined on 8/9/2014Another perfect meal in every respect. The pepper crust on the seared tuna is an improvement over the sesame crust (which, to be fair, was also quite good) and the jalapeno risotto (made by special request) is the perfect companion to the spicy meat. Service was again impeccable and Hall of Fame bartender, Steve, was again in fine form.Special Features:
- Great Place - would go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014Loved the restaurant and the food. The only thing that kept this from being rated 5 stars - we found a band-aid when we opened one napkin - really disgusting and made me pay closer attention to everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.