16125 Chesterfield Parkway West
Chesterfield, MO 63017Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bishopspost.com/
- Phone: 6365369404
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 4:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday: 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Hollingshead 6365369404
A word from Bishop's Post
Here at Bishop’s Post, we like to look back and celebrate our past. Always remembering how we got here, yet forging ahead. That is why you’ll find our menu stocked with timeless favorites.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Bishop's Post - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Bishop's Post reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (108)scenic view (61)neighborhood gem (53)fit for foodies (46)special occasion (46)good for groups (37)romantic (35)great for lunch (27)notable wine list (25)vibrant bar scene (17)great for brunch (11)hot spot (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)Show More
- Poor servicekhbbDined on 8/23/2014The special for the evening came out cold, was brought back to our table after the other 3 diners were finished with their meal. Service was slow and poor. The food we had was okay, bit pricey.
- Perfect way to relaxbmoreVIPDined on 8/20/2014If your're looking for a great outdoor dining experience, this is the place. We had six in our party & decided to eat on the patio. It threatened rain and we were graciously moved to a covered area. The wait staff couldn't have been nicer. All in our party were pleased with their selections. Most of us had soup or salad to start. I had the house salad, that was light & fresh. The entrée I chose was a specialty dish for the night_ahi #1 grade tuna, over a flavorful roasted vegetable slaw. It also included the wasabi mashed potatoes that were perfect with the entrée. The deserts looked very good. I had a mojito too that was just right. We will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Good food great serviceJmacDined on 8/17/2014We had a lovely meal here with our family. The food was excellent and our server Brandy was attentive and friendly. Loved the fried chicken special. Loved shrimp and grits. Great wine list. Patio is best in west county!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomBDined on 8/17/2014Once again there fried chicken dinner is the best in St Louis! Beautiful resturant and an extreamly friendly staff that always seam to go out of there way to make you feel comfortable and welcome! Would highly reccomend it! Definately going back!Special Features:
- LindaVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food is perfect. They have a great menu. Best patio in St. Louis.Special Features:
- GREAT BUSINESS LUNCHstlarryVIPDined on 8/14/2014Only the maitre d desk fell down on the job. I was properly greeted and reservation.acknowledged. Even with a description my guest was seated and told there was no.reservation under my name. During busy times the OT reservation could have been found and my description of the guest used. On the patio a valiant attempt by a few to position the umbrellas should have been a task for all. Nice expert could have been perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old3pointerDined on 8/13/2014Was treated to dinner by a brother-in-law from out of town. My wife had been to Justice Post for lunch with some friends and said there was a lovely outdoor eating space so we decided to have dinner there. It was a great experience the wait staff was very attentive without being bothersome and the food was excellent. We will be returning for son's birthday since he loves ribs which we did not have but saw delivered to several tables and they looked fabulousSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/12/2014live music on wonderful patio was perfect for a rare beautiful August night in St. Louis!Special Features:
- Lovely evening!lovefoodDined on 8/11/2014Food and service were excellent. This place has a gorgeous patio; one of the very best outdoor dining spots in town! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back!MommyNeedsANightOutDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed a nice evening on the patio, with a beautiful view of the gorgeous landscaping. The food was excellent! It was such a "treat" to receive homemade potato chips and onion dip on our table as soon as we sat down! Our appetizers and entrees were all delicious, and the gooey butter cake is a MUST to try for dessert. We will be going back again soon, and we will also keep Bishop's Post in mind for hosting small events!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, lovely garden...1DinnerdinerDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our anniversary with dinner in the garden. It had been a hot day - but the temperature in the garden was pleasant. The waterfall provided a nice back drop for the evening - and it lulled the voices of the people at the tables around us. We had "flash" fried calamari and bacon wrapped shrimp for appetizers. Both were perfectly prepared - and delicious. Among the other items on the menu that we tried were the iceberg wedge salad, beef tenderloin bruchetta, Dave's spicey seafood and andouille sausage gumbo and the four cheese chicken lasagna. We loved them all. Will definitly go back. We also received a complimentary "anniversary" dessert - the perfect way to end a lovely evening....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bishop's PostOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014Food was fine, overpriced however...meal for two with tip, 3 drinks was over $100.
- Bishop's PostMilhausDined on 8/9/2014Wonderful location for special occasion (birthday, anniversary, etc.) Excellent service. Wide variety of apps. Greeted by each staff member.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014We have eaten here twice recently, and found the food to be just what we were looking for. The mashed potatoes and beef medallions were great. The price to value of the restaurant is extremely good. We have added this to our normal restaurant rotation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner on the PatioDinnerDined on 8/8/2014We dined on a Friday evening with longtime friends. We shared a drink in the bar waiting for our friends to arrive. The bartender allowed me to taste three different Chardonnay's until I found the right one for me. Thank you because He was extremely helpful, patient and Informative. We moved out to the patio for dinner. The waiter suggested the Shrimp and Calamari both were tender and delectable. Steve and Mike had the Pork Chops highly recommended by Our Bartender and server...did not disappoint. I chose the Tuna and it was exceptional. Karen chose the scallops and they were tender and delicious . We all shared a taste and We all agreed; we will be back soon to enjoy the fall menu.Special Features:
- Just OK....FoodieReviewerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Excellent service! Bartenders and wait staff go above and beyond to delivery the best service...however, the food is plain at best. Although a new concept for a West County eating establishment, the menu already needs an update. The quality of the food is not worth the price.
- Not a good valueBuddyDined on 8/7/2014Special chips served instead of bread had a nice taste but weren't crisp. Ordered salad WITH small plate but came first and then another showed up with small plate. Told brownie came with cinnamon ice cream and showed up with chocolate. Companions complained of soup being too spicy, and they are people who like spice. My crab cakes had more breading than crab. Will not be back for dinner. Too bad because outdoor patio looked wonderful.Special Features:
- Nice PatioDbadjustDined on 8/7/2014Food was over-priced and minimal menu with no choices for weight watchers/healthy choices. Patio is what makes the place outstanding, The pork chop comes with macaroni and cheese, applesauce and green beans. I did love the applesauce(best I ever had). The pork chop was good, the mac n cheese( but it was also good. Happy Hour is giving only if you dine in the bar area, which I fine strange too. The service was pretty great, which matters a lot. I asked about sandwiches, and they only serve them at lunch. Therefore, I’m guessing I probably won’t be back unless I want a minimal choice for dinner. The price for a pork chop dinner and ala carte salad is over $40.00 without drink. So you choose.Special Features:
- LindaVIPDined on 8/6/2014this was my first time to this restaurant and I loved it. The food was wonderful - everyone in my group loved the food. The staff is very agreeable and were courteous.Special Features:
- TomBDined on 8/3/2014The night was a very pleasant evening the food and service was first class as always. Sunday night fried chicken dinner is as good as it gets in St. Louis. The outdoor patio is spectacular with the waterfall and beautiful landscaping not many places like it in St Louis! Would highly reccomend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceteachDined on 8/2/2014calamari and trout appetizers were lovely. scallops, salmon, and beef entrees..all delicious! warm chocolate brownie with ice cream yummy! outside dining was beautiful and enjoyable! will definitely go back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd Time Dine - 1st Time Reg MenukeladewigDined on 7/29/2014Last time we ate here was during Chesterfield Restaurant Week, so we wanted to return to try a few things off the regular dinner menu. This time we had the Louisiana spiced shrimp cocktail for an appetizer and the caprese tomato salad. For entrees I had the sweet chili grilled salmon and my husband had the scallops. Everything was well prepared and tasted great. No question though that there are premium prices here, so I'd consider this more a special occasion place than somewhere I'd put into regular rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great comfort foodNickVIPDined on 7/20/2014Our second dining experience at Bishop's Post was as excellent as the first. Our favorites include the Fried Chicken and the Pork Chop. The Seafood Gumbo has a nice "kick" and is delicious. We have had great service on both visits. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best new restaurantLorryDined on 7/19/2014The outside view makes this new restaurant, but without good food and service ti would be like sitting in someone's yard by a pond. Instead of entrees we got salads and apps and it was more than enough food. I also had one of their specialty drinks -- yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience is better than the foodFoodieDined on 7/19/2014We dined with 2 other couples. 3 steaks had to be returned because they were not cooked propely. So half the table ate while the other half waited. The prices demand that they should get it right the first time. They need to add bread to the menu!! I suppose the chips are supposed to replace that. But that really doesn't work. For the price, it could have been better and I never complain or even give rviews. But I thought the experience should be noted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RR1965RhondaVIPDined on 7/18/2014The outdoor patio was beautiful, although I thought it was very loud at 6:30 because of the band. I suggest waiting until a little later to start the music. We had excellent service. The food was very good, but a bit pricey. Our bill with tip was $180 for two. I had scallops and they were delicious. My husband had the filet, which was good. They also have a great dessert selection. It was definitely an older crowd. I would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Must try Chicken Salad!HubieDined on 7/17/2014Have eaten here 3 times, for lunch, and everything is great. The Chicken salad on a croissant is the best I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doubleddoubleDDined on 7/16/2014I took a friend for her birthday and we sat on the patio. If you have never been on this patio it is a real treat. We started with the chips and dip and had to have our waitress take it away it was so good. Our waitress Angie was great. We ordered two appitizers the HOUSE SMOKED BACON WRAPPED JUMBO SHRIMP - red chili honey glaze, you recieve 3 but can have more ordered to the plate and the GREMOLATED ENCRUSTED LAMB LOLLIPOPS - oil cured olive and goat cheese spread, I would recommend you tell them how you like them prepared. We also ordered a Rombauer Chardonnay along with desert. A warm chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream and topped with whip cream. We are definitely going back for the entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningoutgalDined on 7/15/2014The service was abysmal - I waited over 45 minutes for my drink upon being seated and then it was not what I ordered - then my replacement drink took forever also. My salad had so much balsamic vinegar on it - it was dripping and very messy to eat. Then an entree that I did not order was brought to my table and I had to wait for my correct entree - the onion straws were limp and moist not crunchy - the corn on the cob was bland and cold and the beans were not edible - This was a huge disappointment - the only redeeming factor was that the band was exceptional and the outdoor patio is just beautifulSpecial Features:
- WATERFALL TREES. LIVE MUSICstlarryVIPDined on 7/15/2014This gem has it all. Great indoor and bar seating. Happy hour and small plates. YummmmmSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseMy2centsDined on 7/13/2014Newer restaurant that we tried for the first time. We had the mussels and clams, ribeye and prime rib, and gooey butter cake. The meat was cooked perfectly and was nicely seasoned. The service was very good. A pleasant surprise.Special Features:
- MisterBDined on 7/12/2014the food was good but a little pricey for the steaks. the restaurant was very very loud. my wife and I have eaten here for both lunch and dinner. The lunch experience was much better. Service was good in both experiences but lunch prices are more in line with what you would expect for the dinning experience. For the outlay for dinner I would prefer to go to a more unique resturant like Herbies 72 in the west end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timetagmanDined on 7/12/2014Everything seemed to mesh together. The food stood out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!bex4Dined on 7/11/2014Have visited BP a few times and have yet to be disappointed. The food, attentive service, and patio ambianc cannot be beat! I could eat only the chips & dip and be content!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PatioGrandmaKDined on 7/11/2014Great outdoor patio with waterfall and very nice inside seating. Our group had lunch...some portions were adequate for the price, others were very small. Diners felt it was a bad value for the price and said they would probably not return even though they enjoyed the beautiful patio setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but slammedLunchSeniorDined on 7/9/2014The food and ambiance were very good, but we happened to have lunch there on a day when they were "surprised" by a very large turnout and consequently very understaffed. Our server (Kevin) did a commendable job, being very professional, never complained, and remained pleasant even though he was serving a 12-top when we arrived, then given our 4-top some 75ft away, and then also given an 8-top some 25ft from us. We'd rate his service 'good' even though he was visibly running between groups the entire time. We all suspected that the restaurant could have managed lunch better that day (July 9, 2014).Special Features:
- NondescriptItsjustfoodDined on 7/7/2014Nice atmosphere, but you could have said that for Oceana that proceeded BP. We had a nice dinner, chips and dip are interesting. Crab cakes were good. My wife had the Salmon that was too sweet for her taste because of the glaze. I had the shrimp and grits that were pretty good. The bill at $120 w tip seemed high considering we didn't have drinks. It's ok but won't be racing back.
- Lunch was tasty!PleaseandthanksDined on 7/7/2014My friend and I met for lunch. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. We had the salmon salad and calamari salad. They were tasty. The outdoor area was lovely and begged me to come back when it's a little cooler!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodking1Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent entree choices, service, and patio dining. Definitely worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining DivaDivaDinerDined on 7/5/2014Beautiful patio, dining room very quiet. Service excellent, maybe a bit overwhelming as we were seated with arrival of chips, dip and menus before we even got seated. Food was good but not anything special. Lunch menu looks good.Special Features: