500 Louisiana St.
Houston, TX 77002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.birrarestaurant.com/home/
- Phone: 7132249494
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Birraporetti's caters off site events and offers all levels of catering, from a simple drop off and pick up option, all the way to a full service, fully satisfied wonderful banquet like experience!! Birraporetti's can accommodate any number of people on cater outs.
- Private Party Facilities: The "Private Dining Room", is located on the basement level. If you are looking to book a business luncheon, bridal luncheon, or any other private lunch party, the private dining room is always open for lunch functions. Private rooms are available in the evening as well for wedding rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, business parties, holiday functions, and more. Live bands and D.J. can be booked for parties as well!! Please contact us for more details
- Private Party Contact: Sharon Williams 7132249494
- Entertainment: Every Saturday and Sunday night, Birraporetti's features live music and entertainment into the wee hours of the night. Live jazz is also featured during Sunday brunch. Occasionally there is music during the week as well.
- Cross Street: Prairie
- Public Transit: Birraporetti's is located three blocks down from the Preston stop on the Metrorail, and there are Metro bus stops around the restaurant. Birraporetti's will also call you a cab if need be.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking meters available around the restaurant; meters are free after 6:00pm and all day on Sundays. There is also a parking garage that is connected to the restaurant with; entrance on Louisiana St. & Smith St.
A word from Birraporetti's
Birraporetti's is a "Great Italian restaurant, and a heck of an Irish bar!" Birraporetti's is located in the heart of the Houston Theater District, and just 3 blocks down from the Metrorail and Main Street. The restaurant is open late seven days a week, serves lunch and dinner continuously, and features "Live Jazz Sunday Brunch" starting every Sunday at 10:30 a.m. Birraporetti's also offers catering and delivery 7 days a week. Also, if you're looking to book a private event, special occasion, or big function, Birraporetti's features a private dining room that can accommodate up to 100 people, with a full bar, restrooms and all multi-media capabilities. The restaurant is also a Houston Wi-Fi spot, and features delicious champagne bellini's and world famous Irish coffee. If you are going to a theater show, the restaurant is walking distance of the Alley Theater, Wortham Theater, Hobby Center and Jones Hall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Birraporetti's - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Birraporetti's reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)late-night find (30)good for groups (27)romantic (23)great for brunch (23)great for lunch (17)neighborhood gem (15)kid-friendly (11)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (8)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (4)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- our night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was amazing but our service was terrible. The waiter ignored us the whole night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but room for improvementDianaDined on 9/27/2014I had made a reservation through Open Table and we were seated right away even though we got there about 15 minutes early. The food was great. My only complaint was that I had to ask for my drink again after waiting about 15 minutes and the garlic bread we ordered as an appetizer wasn't brought out until the meal (after we asked about it).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food ...terrible people!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014I will not return. Manager was very condescending about Groupons from me and guests. OrderTaker/Waiter was very pushy and cut me off at times. Maybe another location but...they can to hell Downtown! Great Italian Food though!Special Features:
- Before event dinnerBraveheartVIPDined on 9/24/2014Let me qualify this to say that the service we received at the bar was excellent having before dinner drinks and the delicious stuffed mushroom appetizer. However, when we went to check- in for our reservation, somehow that didn't get recorded. Then, our server was polite, but not accurate. The chicken with the green beans got transferred to a veal dish instead. And when questioned, they did bring the green beans out. I did eat the veal, which was okay. My dinner date had a salad which was good, but not great. The location of this restaurant is so close for entertainment events. Just wish it was consistently good.Special Features:
- VeggieLoverDined on 9/20/2014The was a minor confusion with our reservation but it was quickly resolved. The table was not the best as it was a two person table next to a wall with a shelf that the waiters were using to put items such as the water jug they use to top up others water glasses and my husband would have to duck a little each time which struck me as rather annoying. The food though, was very good and the waiter was very attentive. I would certainly request a different table next time.Special Features:
- Symphony FriendlyRockjoDined on 9/20/2014Great place for pre-Symphony dinner - 1 block from Jones Hall and Theaters. Large and varied menu. Highly recommend the Almond-crusted Tilapia. Good wine list. Reservations recommended.Special Features:
- Pre Theatre DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Did a great job with a medium sized group for delicious dining before a show. Table was setup before time for reservation. Able to hear each other during dinner conversation, even with other diners close. Good menu selection for mixed group of varying dietary needs. Recommendations from waiter were spot on. Cocktail and wine selections are fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manager ran the band off earlySuzyDined on 9/6/2014We were there to listen to Vince Converse. Your manager kept telling them to turn the volume. After repeated times, he finally shut them down. The band was not loud. People were enjoying it. The place was full! Would not recommend you for any type of evening entertainment.Special Features:
- Great italian spotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014The food is always excellent (my companion thought the meatballs needed more spice). Waiter was very attentive and friendly. What happened to the three course dinner that you had? Will it be back for the holiday season? IT WAS VERY GOOD!!Special Features:
- Close to theater but...bradDined on 9/6/2014Went with friends before a show. It's so convenient because you can park your car, walk to the restaurant, and walk back to the theater in just a few minutes. The food is OK but nothing to rave about. We were seat in the back and the music was so loud we had trouble hearing each other. I asked a server to turn and down and I think they actually turned it up. I asked our server to turn it down and he did but only a little. I noticed as we left by the front door that the music wasn't as loud there. Except for this, I have to say that the convenience is far better than the dining experience. In a pinch, it's OK.
- First Time..Last Time??FoodieDined on 9/5/2014Food was excellent. Waitress was not the best. Slow to provide service and almost down right rude. She didn't know the menu. The food was excellent. Atmosphere was weird. Old decor, wires hanging loose, loud music, weird playlist. Will consider going back but ONLY because the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Gogirlhou18Dined on 9/5/2014Not up to par this time. Usually a good choice when going to symphony or theater, but a novice waiter ruined our dining experience! We will return and see if there is improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayTeamCasonVIPDined on 8/31/2014Although a little spicier than what I prefer, the italian sausage sandwich was descent. My wife's philly cheese steak sandwich was plain and rather bland ---no seasoning, no condiments, no lettuce, no pickles, no peppers, etc. Really just steak, cheese and bread. On the other hand, the chocolate mouse pie was outstanding. I still recommend because the menu had so many other good Italian dishes to try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MattsonDined on 8/25/2014We told the manager we were going to the theater and we allowed plenty of time. He assurd us there was not problem. Wine and salads came so late, we had to leave before entrees were served. Other diners left also.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014That says it all. My entre was not freshly cooked. Non of us finished our meals.
- Theatre districtggetDined on 8/23/2014Whenever we go to the Theatre District in downtown Houston we find that we can park, go to Birraporetti's for dinner and walk to our destinatiion without having to get into our car and drive. This restaurant is very well centered around all these areas. Service is spot on and quick with the food so that you can make curtain call in time. We enjoyed our meal, chicken picatta for myself while my husband had spaghetti and meatballs. Then only complaint I would have is that the music piped through the speakers was loud and their choice of music was mixed, some nice and relaxing music and then some 80's type music that seemed out of place for the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tiredDined on 8/23/2014Food was good-------Service was not good , very slow and there were very few in the restraint.Special Features:
- Good food and good times!FoodieforlifeDined on 8/17/2014We were there for Sunday brunch....the selection of foods and desserts were good. Also had live music which created a nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- MDE4MEVIPDined on 8/15/2014The pizza was very good, but the non-existant service really took away from the food. We had a poorly set table for six before a show and had to ask continually for bread, drinks, and even plates to eat our pizza on. Not a good place to go pre-show. They cannot handle the chaos.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatHoustonTheaterGoerDined on 7/31/2014Our servers were great - cognizant of our theater time and made sure they worked to get us out to our show on time.Special Features:
- Different from normal experienceRedBaronDined on 7/31/2014Arrived at restaurant an hour and a half before a show - but did not get food for an hour. Waiter seemed to forget that we were there. When food arrived, it was very tasty. The ladies ate half and had the remainder boxed to be picked up after the show. Unusual, we are accustomed to a very pleasant experience. We usually dine here before every POPS performance.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOOD AND AMAZING SERVICEGoBeforeTheShowDined on 7/31/2014OUR WAITER WAS AMAZING AND THE FOOD WAS FABULOUS. I LOVE THE AMBIANCE AND THE OVERALL EFFORT TO MAKE THIS A DINING EXPERIENCE RATHER THAN JUST A PLACE TO EAT. GSpecial Features:
- Food Disappointing, Music GreatMarlenaTDined on 7/27/2014We went for the jazz brunch and for the price the food was very disappointing. Everything was luke warm and much less selection than I remember. Definitely not as good as if you order the food regularly. Also, the mimosa/bellini price went up to $10 per person. The jazz music was great although a lot of groups around us were quite rowdy with the music.Special Features:
- Every time-Great!AmateurFoodCriticVIPDined on 7/26/2014The restaurant has good food, great location and "convenient" hours! We had a great evening with family at the symphony which we were able to continue at Birraporetti's. Thank you to the hard working crew to make many late night meals and meetings possible!Special Features:
- Show before and afterdinnerwithfriendsDined on 7/26/2014This is a great place to dine before any show and have a cocktail afterwards to let the traffic dissapate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant before concertBday53dinersDined on 7/26/2014Open table made so easy to book reservation! Birraporettis employees were so nice. Food was good. Not enough room between tables. Kept having to move my chair so ppl/servers could get by. They are so popular could expand size of location downtown. Would recommend to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed!CynthiaDined on 7/26/2014Visited many times. Always great experience until now. Food was tasteless and that was the consensus of everyone at the table. Noise level was insanely loud due to a live performance that was much too loud. Eight people at my table. ages 28-79. Couldn't hold a conversation due to the noise level. Looking for another venue next trip to the theatre.
- Loved ItlynnDined on 7/25/2014Had great food and Micheal was an awesome server! There was a live band, and the best desertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Jazz BrunchyummDined on 7/20/2014Our party of 4 arrived and was seated immediately. The food at the buffet was all fresh looking and hot. Not to mention very good. Wait service was attentive but not constantly hovering over us. We were seated near the back of the restaurant and the music was just the right volume. It might have been too loud if we were seated closer.Special Features:
- Great place for celebrationsBellaDined on 7/20/2014This is a great place. The personal was very courteous, friendly and funny. Food was amazing. My husband and I enjoy the brunch. We were expecting the Jazz band, but it never came. Instead there was a lady singing in the karaoke. Not bad, but we were looking forward the band. The only think it got me by surprise is the $15 charge for tip and taxes. Lucky me I had my wallet :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our anniversaryNatalieDined on 7/18/2014We had friends join us for our One year Anniversary, we had a blast! Our waitstaff were so awesome! Great advice on food and drink! We went to the concert of the year to see Beyoncé' and her Man Jay Z! The perfect start to the perfect Anniversary! Best piña colada's in the whole state! Everything we ordered from drinks to appetizers to main dish to fabulous dessert! No matter what you order it's all good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stuck in the 80'sJonathanGoldWannabeDined on 7/13/2014Bought the travelzoo coupon for their "Jazz Brunch"; turned out to be an old man playing the xylophone to synthesizer music. Even when he wasn't playing, we were stuck listening to 80's music (and not the good stuff). The floors/carpets were sticky and there was a hint of wet dog permeating the restaurant; not sure if that was the carpet or the other patrons. Food was decent (omelettes were great) and the staff was very friendly and attentive, even though it was a buffet.Special Features:
- Awesome waiterSpecialDined on 7/5/2014Earl was our waiter and he was awesome in serving us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad more would yield a lotJessicaDined on 6/27/2014The atmosphere is great, as is the location, for Birraporetti's. Both dinners were enjoyable, however the cheese could have been browned a bit more on the chicken parmesan. Also, our coffee was tepid after dinner. A tad more effort for little details like that would elevate the experience anticipated for the price/location. Thank you!Special Features:
- ExcellentDined on 6/24/2014We chose Birraporetti's downtown based on location and recent reviews prior to attending the theater at the Hobby Center. Birraporetti's did not disappoint. Excellent menu -- the chicken parm was plentiful and delicious. Service was very attentive. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- BeevesDined on 6/22/2014Birraporetti's remains at the top for pre event and late night dining. Just enjoyed their world class buffet prior to an Alley matinee. Excellent food and service once again, and their live music is always a pleasant amenity and tops off the experience. Raises the bar WAY high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanteDined on 6/22/2014We went for brunch. While the food was plentiful and good, it was nothing spectacular. The beef was of good quality. It was not as expansive as some Sunday brunches, but it is not as expensive as some Sunday brunches. The service was good, but there is not to much to do at a buffet except refill our glasses and remove the dirty dishes. I have been before and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food!TonyDined on 6/21/2014Food is amazing! Crabcakes with tortellini and Spinach Fettuccine and Key Lime Pie were so good! Great place to eat after a show in the theater district.Special Features:
- Excellent Affordable ItalianDinerHLMVIPDined on 6/19/2014The mushroom appetizer was delicious and unique. The Capt John platter was great! The clam linguini was so flavorful and yet light on sauce...perfect! The crab cake was loaded with crab, seasoned well, and crisp on the outside. The grilled bacon wrapped shrimp was a bit overcooked. It was the one disappointing item. The garlic bread was fresh with just the perfect crunch on the crust. The spaghetti with meat sauce was good, but the sauce was a little sweeter than my boyfriend likes. He would have kicked it up a little with some spice or more herbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latenighterDined on 6/14/2014Date night, service was excellent. A young family sat down by us and we explained it was our night away for a date and they moved us to a romantic table for two.Special Features: