Binkley's Kitchen & Bar
5902 N. College Avenue
Indianapolis, IN 46220Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Binkley's Kitchen & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.binkleyskitchenandbar.com/
- Phone: 3177228888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Kovacinski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are happy to bring our wonderful selection of food and beverages to your next special event. Our chef can prepare a wonderful meal for any occasion and our professional staff is ready to assist you in making every detail memorable for your guests. Please call for more information.
A word from Binkley's Kitchen & Bar
From 1928 until the early 70s, the corner of Kessler and College was home to Binkley's Drug Store, which served the booming Broad Ripple, Forest Hills and Meridian Kessler neighborhoods. Scores of youngsters got their first fountain drink, milkshake, banana split and, yes, cough medicine at Binkley's. Years later, many of those same youngsters stopped in to buy their first baby formula, fifth anniversary card and seventh pair of Foster Grants. Now Binkley's returns to serve these same neighbors as a restaurant, bar, and meeting place. As did our namesake, we plan to have something for everyone, offering a full menu of home made appetizers, salads, pizza, sandwiches and entrées, and a huge variety of drink options. We're dedicated to once again making this little corner of the world an important part of your social life. We hope you enjoy what we've done to reclaim this building.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Binkley's Kitchen & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Binkley's Kitchen & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (22)great for outdoor dining (19)great for lunch (18)kid-friendly (15)great for brunch (12)special occasion (12)notable wine list (10)fit for foodies (10)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)romantic (4)scenic view (3)Show More
- I <3 BinkleysjillgoodwinscottDined on 9/20/2014My family and I go here and always enjoy the food and the atmosphere. The service is always friendly and fast and they don't mind our young kids. We love the rotating menu and beers. We always find something that we love. Oh and the pizza is fantastic as well.Special Features:
- SDWJDined on 9/6/2014We consistently have a wonderful experience here. Great service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningporedocDined on 8/22/2014Great neighborhood bar and restaurant comfort food..a bit noisy and busy. But wait staff handled it well. Cocktails were good,for the price a bit high for the amount.parking is a problem,not adequate at all,had to park on the Main Street. Overall I would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where do I park?DesertDinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014Binkley's is a cute neighborhood bar, very noisy, but the real problem is parking and then of course, personal safety. I may have to start dining somewhere else. I am very troubled about the lack of quality parking at this restaurant!
- A Nice Evening...PrestonDined on 8/17/2014Had a wonderful time at Binkley's the other evening! The food was excellent (the steak special, as well as the pork special) were really outstanding. I had already selected a wine when our server, Josh, said, "There's a new wine that you might like" and it was the same one I'd selected! He is an excellent waiter and always pleasant and knowledgeable. And, we were both right: the wine was great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2014We love eating at Binkley's, had 11 in our group. The waiter was new to Binkley's; he did a fabulous job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent EXCEPTdannjan2003Dined on 8/8/2014kinda too noisy for intimate dinner , drinks were too strong but other than that the tenderloin was delicious! It was huge! the service was excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestFool4foodDined on 7/28/2014Our food was mediocre...had better food at chain restaurants. We were seated originally at the worst table right in front of the kitchen even though the restaurant was pretty empty. Service was poor... Left piles of dishes on the table after appetizers and was genuinely lackluster.
- SusieDined on 7/26/2014Our reservation was at 7pm and we were seated immediately. Although it rained, we enjoyed sitting on the covered patio - comfortable and relaxing. The food was very good. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. All in all, it was a great evening and I will definitely be back with more family and friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way better than pub foodEGFJVIPDined on 7/21/2014Upon arriving you might think:bar food. Wrong way better and more inventive. Something for everyone...salad, seafood, pizza, burgers. Great fries and onion strings. Outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Not bad, but..VeggiesbewareDined on 7/21/2014Not bad, but there weren't too many vegetarian options beyond ordering a salad, pizza, or pasta without meat. I always appreciate when restaurants have at least one option for a vegetarian outside the above list. My food was still really good. I was just a little disappointed because I would have guessed a place such as Binkley's would have had that. But for non-vegetarians it looked like there were a lot of options and vegetarians can order something without meat (what I had to do) I'd still recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food & service, but stay in.DanGVIPDined on 7/20/2014It was such a nice, pleasant evening that our group of 4 decided to eat in the spacious outdoor dining area. Three of us had delicious entre-size salads, and one chose a burger with blue cheese. We all thought our food was quite good, if not exceptional. Our server was very good - couldn't have been much better. And this time there was no extra charge when I asked for a little more salad dressing than was in the initial small cup. (I assume the practice of adding an "upcharge" for salad dressing has been eliminated.) The only problem was the high level of noise from the nearby traffic - trucks, busses, and numerous really loud motorcycles made it tough to have a good conversation. If you want to be heard, go inside.
- EffortlessBizlunch49Dined on 6/18/2014Group of 10 execs meeting for lunch. Easy parking , split checks simple, fast non obtrusive service. Perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the showLauraDined on 6/7/2014My group meet for a wonderful dinner before the show. The service was timely and the food tasty. My group of 4 didn't feel rush and still made it to the show in plenty of time.Special Features:
- All-around excellence...PrestonDined on 6/5/2014McKenzie, our waitperson, was marvelous: attentive; friendly; and knowledgeable about the wines and the food. We enjoyed our meals immensely!Special Features:
- The following 408 reviews are from the Binkley's Kitchen & Bar reviews archive.
- AMAZINGbigred317Dined on 6/3/2014Was there for Chow Down Midtown. Staff was amazing, food was amazing, and good selection of drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlahOlaJoeVIPDined on 6/2/2014Food was average, at best. Server was uninterested.
- Great find on broadrippleOpentablefriendVIPDined on 5/29/2014Great for lunch. Good lunch specials inder10. Still have cloth napkins and wonderful food at lunch. Quick for us, had a nice lunch, under an hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good lunch for great price!Chelle85Dined on 5/25/2014I had the meatloaf panini and my mother had the pork tenderloin. Both were nice sized sandwiches for under 10.00$ and really great tasting. My five year old daughter had a plain cheese pizza off the kids menu. Which was really yummy as well. I am going to go back to enjoy another great eating experience soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, bad serviceLoveMyWineDined on 5/24/2014We frequent Binkley's a lot, we call it our "Winchester" for you movie fans. This visit was just more than us two, it was family and friends visiting from Florida, 8 of us total. For some reason, we got stuck in a back room in the corner. There was plenty of seating in the normal dining area. No big deal. The food was excellent, as usual. The service was TERRIBLE! Some of the staff is better than others, like Shawn and Debra, they are awesome!!! Anyway, our server was bad. She was rushing everyone, very short, no smile, not friendly, had no idea on suggestions for food, cutting us off during conversation, etc. It was the worse service we've had there in 4 years of going. I will continue to visit Binkleys, but not sit in her section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun neighborhood spotTJSwannDined on 5/24/2014Went as a group of 6 and ordered a variety of dishes. Everything was great and the service was perfect. Will be back..Special Features:
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Good food. Tons of beers and wine. Meeting/event space. Overall great service. One of my new favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service great, food not so muchBoilerKurtVIPDined on 5/16/2014the server Stephanie was fantastic. prompt, courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly. the food was adequate. we've noticed over the past few years that the food quality doesn't seem to be nearly as good, which is why we frequent Binkley's less and less. Since we live very close, it is a shame.Special Features:
- DeliciousMetzDined on 5/13/2014Our group of six enjoyed dinner before attending the Broadway series at Clowes. The menu offered items for everyone's enjoyment. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our favorite---the supreme pizza! It was fantastic--lots of fresh toppings with the crisp crust!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our lunchDanGVIPDined on 5/13/2014The place was about 1/3 full when we arrived for lunch at 11:30 - but got very busy as time went on. By Noon it was packed. But throughout we had excellent service...with just the right amount of attention (not too little or too much). Our sandwiches and sides were great, especially my turkey burger. One mark of good service: Frankly the music was too loud and we had to lean into the table to hear each other. But when our server brought the food we asked if it could be turned down...and within a couple of minutes it actually was - what a nice surprise! We had walked to lunch from home...and feel Binkley's is a real credit to our neighborhood.Special Features:
- Always a great choice...PrestonDined on 5/12/2014Josh, thanks, again, for always being the perfect wait-person! We brought friends who were in town from Anchorage (yes, Alaska) and they really enjoyed their meals, and for them to compliment the salmon (considering they catch their own) is a true indication of the excellence of your food. I love love love this place. To think, I used to shop there when I was a kid and it was a drug store!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mother's dayOldBobVIPDined on 5/11/2014Special brunch buffet had lots of very good stuff on the buffet line, but not all was as warm as they should be. The carving station with ham and prime rib and an omelet station were nice touches and the shrimp cocktail was exceptional. Also nice selection of petifores and unlimited refills on drinks including OJ. Lots of food at reasonable price.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014It was amazing the staff, food and the drinks and not too loud the atmosphere... I love the mash potatoes and the chicken delicious indeed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter buffetmswendiDined on 4/20/2014Not a large selection and really mostly breakfast fare. I liked the atmosphere and the waitress was friendly, though not too attentive. It was an okay meal, but after wanting to go there for so long, it didn't live up to expectations. It was quite pricey for what we received.Special Features:
- Great brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014We went to Binkley's for Easter brunch. The food was excellent, with so many choices. They had an extensive omelette bar, prime rib and ham carving station, breakfast foods, lunch foods, salad, fruit, pastries and a great dessert table. I would highly recommend Binkley's for brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to have to say this....DiningOutDined on 4/18/2014I've eaten here a number of times and enjoyed it. Last night was not one of those times---ribs were inedible---tough, couldn't cut; tilapia was way too fishy and wet; nachos were soggy. All around, it was a pretty horrible meal. The waiter was nice.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMDW1Dined on 4/15/2014My husband and I always come here for our bithdays. The service is always great. The food is hit n miss. Sometimes its good; sometimes not up to the expectations for this establishment. I can understand if it was busy, but it wasn't. That's the chance you take when eating here. Overall, not bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeGary9113VIPDined on 4/11/2014Food was good. Waiter was so so. All in all it was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have dined at Binkley's manyServiceDined on 4/6/2014Have dined at Binkley's many times. Eating here Sunday evening I experienced the same, Great service and good food. Restaurant was very busy, but noise level was good for talking without having to use a loud voice.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood placenomnomDined on 4/5/2014Binkley's a great place to meet freinds for a good dinner in a cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood eateryAnnieDined on 3/29/2014Service was very good; table was ready when we arrived; my Bison Burger was cooked to perfection We will definitely returnSpecial Features:
- DeliciousindycindyDined on 3/29/2014First visit to Binkley' s, and we were more than pleased. Food was outstanding. Nice menu. Cindydeen warm atmosphere. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousEGFJVIPDined on 3/25/2014Loved the Chicken Marsala, delicious fresh cut fries, ok salad, very attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Place!LesSnyDined on 3/21/2014Brinkley's is always a favorite choice. The food is excellent and offers a wide variety, the wine and beer list is extensive, and the service is always great. I love that Binkley's takes reservations and also is great about accommodating large parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014Service is generally great this last visit we had a poor server. So this is a great place to take the family and has awesome food at a good price.Special Features: