1920 14th Avenue
Vero Beach, FL 32960Neighborhood:
French AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://bijouverobeach.com/
- Phone: 7722265254
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Chuck Arnold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Wine
A word from bijou
Creative nouveau french bistro specializing in fresh seafood and French favorites done in a lighter style with a great american and french wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
bijou - Best Restaurants in Vero Beach ›
bijou reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (36)special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (28)great for outdoor dining (15)romantic (13)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Making up for mistakesEater2Dined on 9/19/2014Have been here several times. Food is always excellent, as is usually the service. On this night, we were neglected for a time and had to request service. After several apologies, the staff made up for the wait by giving us complementary cocktails. Nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.AydensmDined on 9/13/2014We have talked about going to dinner here so often and just never made it happen. I am so glad that we finally did! It was truly delicious. The menu was far from boring. The flavor combinations were spot on. From the first bite of the creamy blue cheese sauce over sautéed spinach and escargot, to the last decadent bite of lush cake and every bite in between, it was all absolutely delightful. The Scottish salmon was insanely good and the duck breast was sinful. The drinks were also wonderful. I highly recommend it. Service was attentive, but not annoying. I thoroughly enjoyed every second and look forward to trying something new next time.Special Features:
- Overall - a pleasurable experienceFoodiemeVIPDined on 9/12/2014This night my husband and I shared a very tasty appetizer - tuna sashimi with fried wontons and delicious sauce. We then both had a delicious sweet potato bisque with layers of flavors. For entrees, my husband had the special fish dish of the evening - it was very very good. I had the scallop dish with the chef agreeing to my request of the scallops being served over risotto rather than the menu choice accompaniments. I had had this dish on a previous visit and in my opinion the scallops were overwhelmed. The scallops were cooked perfectly and were in yummy harmony with the risotto. Service by Amanda was flawless. My only suggestion would be that the chef keep the menu items simple and clean.Special Features:
- 2foodezsDined on 9/5/2014Fantastic food and service.!!!!Friendly and knowledgable staff. Great place to eat for any occasion. Menu is diverse and satisfies any palate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb every single time!BrandonWillBeBackDined on 9/5/2014I've gone to Bijou on numerous occasions, and the food is absolutely amazing every time! It's not always the same either, which is nice; I like switching it up. Our server on this last trip, Amanda, was phenomenal as well. She's the only one I remember by name because she made such a good impression: great hospitality, always smiling, very sweet toned voice, and always happy to accommodate. Love the newer location I so much better for Bijou, so much more seating, which make happier customers :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great move to new locationBarronVIPDined on 9/4/2014We have enjoyed Bijou in the past at the old location. The new location has much more room, is more comfortable and has a full bar. The wine list while not notable has a number of very nice reasonably priced wines. The food was excellent with different twists on dishes. The service was also excellent. If you are in Vero this is a place to try.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The day after we were still talking about how wonderful our dinner was at Bijou! Bijou has an outstanding chef and terrific staff. My husband said it was one of his best dining out experience in years! Will be trying out their other two restaurants (Burp and Avanzare) soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't trust all reviewsmentzieDined on 8/23/2014Nice Place and menu.Food So-So.Started with duck fat potatoes ?? No flavor.Calamari was good.Scallops and Short ribs good Filet very tiny, fatty and sides were overcooked and tasted the same[mac n cheese and spinach].Overall just good not special like we were hopeing for.Service was fair at best,maybe because we were not regularsSpecial Features:
- Very good but not greatFoodiefromsfDined on 8/22/2014Food was well cooked but a little precious. Like they were trying a bit too hard, rather than just letting the quality ingredients speak.Meal was expensive and I so wanted it to be off the charts. It was good but not great.Dessert was terrific and the staff were lovely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- why so ugly and expensive?discerningVIPDined on 8/21/2014i just dont understand charging high prices for a restaurant that looks like a bus depot - food was above average but nothing to brag about. I think a lot of chefs simply list selections to sell without thinking of how the meal could come together. Wouldn't recommend.
- Blissful Bijou!cachcoDined on 8/15/2014We tried Bijou based on the overwhelming good reviews. We ordered the summer special which has slightly changed. You choose any entree and for the price if the entree (mine was $32) you also get choice of a salad or their amazing homemade soup, wonderful bread and a bottle of wine! A terrific value; especially because the food is delicious! I had the cast iron seared scallops over figs and sweet potatoes. I paid a slight upgrade ($2) for the brie salad. Worth it! My husband had the Australian white fish and the pureed eggplant soup served with a mussel fritatta. Amazing! The soup was such a treat! Fresh and flavorful. I could barely get him to share!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood findBeachDinerDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food with a $15.50 early bird special that could not be beat. Very nice neighborhood restaurant. Eclectic menuSpecial Features:
- Was disappointed...VeroFoodDined on 8/13/2014Appetizer was great, but got the special Dover Sole - dry, overcooked; very disappointed in this waste of a great fish. Side accompaniment of spinach was very good, gnocci, was bland. Service was fair. Will most likely not go back as Vero offers many more better options for a special meal.
- Loved It!DinerDined on 8/12/2014We had high expectations - but they were exceeded. We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- JohnLJohnLDined on 8/12/2014Ambiance, service and food was outstanding. We ordered from Bijou's early menu and everyone in our party of four raved about both their appetizer and main course. And, on top of that, the portions were quite generous. We'll be going back again... soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014We'd heard such great things about Bijou and had been turned away once before, not having reservations. We made them this time, and the place was packed. New location has zero ambiance, service was okay but not great, and side dishes that came with our steaks were creamed spinach and mac and cheese. Not very French. And also not very good by any measure - very little flavor, and greasy. Steaks were well cooked but glaze was flavorless. Definitely a big disappointment.
- Very enjoyable dinnersluvfoodDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed dinner here twice recently (short rib and lobster risotto) ....both times, very good! Service was exceptional. Will be going back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in VeroHibiscus1Dined on 8/2/2014New location with updated decor makes Bijou even more appealing when combined with the great $50 dinners. Have been on a few occasions and it's been consistently great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Bijou experienceKtFoodie9668Dined on 8/1/2014The highlight of the meal was our server- she was great! Attentive and offered complimentary dessert when she learned we were celebrating an anniversary. A+ for her. But Restaurant was very hot with little air flow and I drank 10 glasses of water to stay cool! Turned off immediately by plastic fake candles. Airplane pics were cool. But I'd give it D- for atmosphere. And the food was not very French inspired- my Mac and cheese was crunchy. My braised beef was just ok. DH had rare tuna and loved it but again, more Asian, not very French...on positive French note, I loved the Brie salad and creme brûlée. Definitely order the artichoke tartlet. Food B-. Overall, C+. Just Meh. Not bad. But not cravable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodiemeVIPDined on 7/31/2014We ate here for a second time in one week - we both had the burandi fish special - the fish was prepared very well - sweet and flaky - it was served with a fried green tomato with a lobster compote - this was perfect - the chef overcomplicated the dish by adding white beans cooked with ham and a sundried tomato puree - these were not needed. For an appetizer we shared what I would call a modern oysters Rockefeller - delicious! We also had a Vidalia onion/buttermilk bisque - delightful - The second time around was as good as the first - again the gratis bottle of wine special was a nice touch -Special Features:
- Average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Filet mignon was grizzly....service very slow even though they were not very busy. Will not return as food was simply not that good.
- Bijou is a must!KimberlyDined on 7/26/2014Celebrated my father's birthday at Bijou and everything was fantastic! My husband loves to go there when we are in town as they are the only restaurant that he can get a pork ribeye and it's delicious! Brie salad was wonderful as was the lobster risotto. Service was perfect and we never felt rushed or had to wait for anything and the place was full. And always a pleasure seeing Roger! If you're local and have not tried Bijou, you need to go and if you plan on visiting Vero Beach, put them on your list. Love the vibrant feel now of the downtown area with all the restaurants and bars and not having to always go beachside to have a great night out!Special Features:
- Bijou - a restaurant jewelFoodiemeVIPDined on 7/26/2014We ate at Bijoux when it first opened in the smaller setting across the street from its new location - we had a bad experience due to "the worst waiter" in the world - who previously worked at Citrus Grillhouse. Last Saturday night we returned to the new venue. What a difference a move makes. Everything was very good - I had the lobster risotto - first rate - my husband had the salmon both dishes served hot and very tasty. I opted for the cauliflower soup and my husband opted for the watermelon salad - again both delicious. Better yet we got a bottle of wine gratis that we enjoyed. For martini drinkers - well done! We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Bijou Was FantasticBobbiDined on 7/25/2014Three of us when to this restaurant for a birthday celebration. One has the Braised Short Rib, one had the Duck and one had Salmon. All were completely happy with the meal. We were given a free bottle of wine and the service was excellent. We all loved it!Special Features:
- great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Locally owned and operated, Bijou has a wonderful atmosphere with great food and and wine. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014The food and service was aone and I can not wait to return often Just wish they had their chefs table like they had in their prior location The early bird summer special is a great dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible French CuisineDavidADined on 7/5/2014My girlfriend loves French cuisine, so I found the Bijou on Yelp and decided to give them a go. I'm so glad I did! The place is a little hard to find, because it is tucked into the corner of a small strip mall (and Apple Maps has it in the wrong location), but we managed to find it as we pulled a u-turn. It has a cozy, neighborhood air that is inviting and friendly. Casual. Based on this, I was surprised on how high class the meal was. We have eaten in Michelin star restaurants in Europe, and the food here was arguably better - and much more affordable. Each plate had multiple elements of flavors and textures that made it all the more memorable. Overall, dollar for dollar this is the best meal I have had - and that is saying a lot. :)Special Features:
- Great food for for holiday weekendFoodloverVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had the best food at Bijou's and attentive service. We will go back there when we are in the area again. The early bird dinner menu was a bargain at around $15 for an appetizer and entree. Easy parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeMarsh21Dined on 6/28/2014My wife and I stopped in and had a nice time. The food was good but there is room for some improvement. The duck was cooked perfectly but the filo dough side I received was soggy but I liked the idea. Filled with raisins, figs and I believe goat cheese it was a nice attempt at something different but needed better execution. The brown sauce over my duck was fine but it was the same brown sauce used on my wife's steak. My wife's "duck fat potatoes" were a bit light on the duck fat as we didn't really taste it. Also, her steak was charred which took away from the flavor and seemed to be broiled instead of pan fried which is always better. Desert was very nice and we enjoyed our service. Nice place but needed better execution.Special Features:
- WonderfulChiefDined on 6/27/2014What a great move! Great food now in a comfortable less noisy space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner in Vero BeachCarlaandEdDined on 6/25/2014Our dinner was the best we have tasted in Vero! We had the watermelon, beet and blue cheese salad, and the warm Brie salad with grapes, thinly sliced apple, strawberries and a perfect vinaigrette. Our entries were their short ribs and their special barramundi which were both excellent. We highly recommend Bijou - treat yourself to a lovely dinner with a loved one and friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing culinary creationsFoodie9VIPDined on 6/19/2014My husband and I discovered this restaurant last summer by chance. This summer, we were in Vero for 3 nights and ate at Bijou 2 times. The chef is amazing. We thought he was a genius when we tasted the smoked raisins last summer, but he topped himself. The scallion cheddar cornbread with bacon jam and artichoke tart were beyond words. I'd say more, but what would be the point. All I can say is, if you have the chance to eat at Bijou, do it.Special Features:
- Delicious food and great serviceLindcVIPDined on 6/18/2014Delicious food and great service. I really like their new location, with indoor and outdoor seating and full bar. They had a great menu with additional creative specials for the evening. Looking forward to a return visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic French/American dininggafichtelDined on 6/13/2014Bijou although having been in Vero Beach, just moved to its new location off 14th Avenue was new to us. We broke out of our routine and decided to try this restaurant. Each course had a wonderful presentation, paring of flavors, and balance. The dining room is spacious and quiet although full which is a problem is so many beach side spots with a spacious bar artfully separated from the dinner guests. The creme brule was perfection and the strawberry short cake looked like a piece of art work. They have a special summer menu, so if that doesn't bring you out to sample this wonderful dining spot you are missing something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/10/2014Need help with the air conditioning - it was quite warm. Need some round tables to seat 6 or 8. Could use some more wall art.Special Features:
- good mealfoodieguyDined on 5/27/2014pleased with our meal. well prepared. nice ambience. great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the bijou reviews archive.
- a consistent winnerhappydinerDined on 5/24/2014As always, Bijou was a wonderful, the "special" was a wonderful surprise. Our server (a different Steve than usual) was attentive, informative, and made our evening special. Our usual waiter (also Steve) was sorely missed of course. The only negative (and this is no fault of anyone) the air conditioner was broken, and that really affected the overall enjoyment of the evening.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 5/16/2014Great food and great service. Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find..LyndaDined on 5/13/2014The food was great, the service was super. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/7/2014The food was excellent as was the service. The bread that was served was dry and hard. My only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.