4 Front St. E
Toronto, ON M5E 1G4Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.oliverbonacini.com/Biffs-Bistro.aspx
- Phone: 4168600086x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Amanda Ray
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Biff's Bistro offers two exclusive private dining rooms. The intimate and charming Grey Room for smaller gatherings and the more dramatic Red Room, which features 18’ ceilings and spacious seating. Biff's Bistro is also available for full restaurant buyouts on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Private Party Contact: Oliver & Bonacini Events and Private Dining 8775787386
- Cross Street: Yonge St.
- Public Transit: Biff's Bistro is located one and a half blocks east of Union Station and two blocks south of King Station using the subway.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Underground parking for Biff's Bistro is available in the 33 Yonge building, accessible from Scott Street between Wellington and Front Streets, and is $2 for dinner guests after 5:30pm.
A word from Biff's Bistro
Reminiscent of a 1930's Parisian Bistro, Biff's Bistro is a smart, upscale masterpiece by Toronto über-restaurateurs Peter Oliver and Michael Bonacini. The stylish lounge, featuring a stunning zinc-topped bar, represents pure vintage design, while handsome leather banquettes, warm wood paneling and grand mirrors create a rich, lively dining space. In this setting, Chef Amanda Ray presents an extensive menu of inspiring French bistro cuisine, with an impressive corresponding wine list. Located in the heart of downtown, just steps away from many downtown theatres, hotels and the Air Canada Centre.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Biff's Bistro - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Biff's Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (122)fit for foodies (118)special occasion (117)great for lunch (82)good for groups (81)romantic (76)neighborhood gem (71)notable wine list (56)late-night find (21)great for brunch (21)hot spot (21)scenic view (11)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Great dinner outstanding serviceBmanVIPDined on 10/18/2014We hadn't been to Biff's in a couple of years and we forgot how great it is! We were there before a concert. Server knew the menu well, and also ensured we got out on time. He made great recommendations too. We'll go back for sure!Special Features:
- Bistro findMichaelDVIPDined on 10/18/2014Biff's exceeded our expectations on all counts and we would definitely go back! From the greeting to the settling of the bill, the service and experience was very good, bordering on excellent. The food was very good, and the steak frites were excellent! Cocktails were well made (second best Cosmo and third best Tom Collins we had experienced) and the wine suggestion was a very good complement to the meal! It was very crowded pre-theatre but the staff, without rushing us, had us on our way in more than enough time to make our show.Special Features:
- Delicious but PriceyLauraDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I shared a charcuterie board, frogs legs and shrimp cocktail. The board was amazing with very unique and diverse meats, the frogs legs were better than chicken wings and had a finger-licking-good peanut sauce and the shrimp were large, fresh and tender. We loved our meal, but prices were rather extravagant. My glass of house red was $9.75, and his pumpkin-fizz drink was $12. However, if you are looking for a nice place to treat yourself on a special occasion, this is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable eveningLinkster4Dined on 10/16/2014Interesting menu relatively typical of a French bistro; lighter or heavier items depending on degree of hunger; portions are manageable; great oyster bar; prix fixe menu available; excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly ParisianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Went on a Saturday night with a group and chose to sit at the lounge section as opposed to dining; food was pricey (had oysters, escargot, frog legs and duck entre) but worth it; yummy food; excellent service; can't wait to go back ( probably on a Sunday night since it's free corkage then)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Biff's is now my go-to placefrequentTorontovisitorDined on 10/8/2014The service is excellent. The food is outstanding. We are always treated so well from arrival until we leave. When in Toronto Biff's is becoming my go-to place for dinner.Special Features:
- an other great eveningMandYDined on 10/4/2014Quite found of most of O&B restaurants, we had an other great experience which complemented perfectly our day. Service was great and food exquisite. You've got to try these madeleines!Special Features:
- Solid!jayzeeDined on 10/3/2014Really outstanding service. The food was good, a bit overpriced but definitely solid. Overall, a very positive Toronto experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently a Gem!!HiMaintenanceDined on 10/1/2014Biff's does everything right to make you feel special. Then they overwhelm you with amazing food choices and inspired wines. And they do it with real aplomb. Everyone's a pro here and every visit is memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our anniversarynorthernfoodieDined on 9/27/2014Perfect early dinner on Saturday night to start off our night of celebrating. Waitress Melanie was very attentive & helpful in choosing meal components. Food was spectacular, especially the Beef Bourguignon. Best bang for our buck we`ve ever had anywhere outside of Montreal. Recommend for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous French FeelingfabfondfoodieDined on 9/26/2014As usual, always a treat. Tried new menu selections which were delicious. Service impeccable and Judith (management) is a joy with her joie de vivre personality. Special attention was paid to dessert as we were celebrating my husband's birthday. It was the perfect touch, not showy, as I requested, just special. Another wonderful experience at Biff's… and no Metro ride home required :)Special Features:
- Not impressedAOneDined on 9/26/2014Sat for more than10 minutes before any server came over. None of the food was impressive, except for the fresh French bread, which we had to ask for, after our appetizers were finished. The steaks were inedible and not because they were served cold. They were undercooked, but not rare. It was obvious that the meat was stale dated. Would neither recommend nor repeat.Special Features:
- unique menu and delicious food!debmackDined on 9/25/2014I love Biff's for the comfortable setting and mouth-watering bistro - style food. I highly recommend their steak - frites; I could eat it every day. Lunch or dinner, it's well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GourmandDined on 9/23/2014Another painful experience! Poor service, music so loud it was difficult to converse. Specials not available, still waiting for the bread softer several requests. Very low on price/performance scale. Cannot recommend.
- A Fall luncheon on Biff's Patioglikes2eatDined on 9/23/2014it was a business luncheon, - the majority chose to eat outside. That was fine until our spot fell into shade - thankfully the staff offered me a pashmina shawl to keep me warm. There were a few hornets - but no one was stung. We all had the soup of the day - it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Not OverpricedBob13Dined on 9/20/2014The food was exceptional, and the Biff's Fixe menu provided excellent choices at a reasonable rate. Service was attentive, even to the point of providing magnifying glasses. Parking downstairs in the building for $2 is an extra added plus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The food was not worth the price. Mediocre restaurant.
- Just okayJLR3Dined on 9/19/2014We'd eaten at Biff's before, and expected a great meal. The food was okay - the frites with the steak frites were cold, and the food generally under-seasoned. Service was painfully slow, considering the price tag. At the end of dinner, I said "I guess we're not coming back here." Hubby said, "Yup, we'd have been better off at the Keg." It isn't that dinner was bad. But at O&B prices, we expected a lot more.
- very good food and servicejemmDined on 9/17/2014Love the atmosphere in the restaurant. Good for group dinner and lunch. The food is absolutely delicious. The service is superior. Love how caring they are to each customers. Will definitely go back to there especially birthday celebration. Highly recommended place.Special Features:
- gr8tastebudsDined on 9/15/2014We love Biffs ! Consistently exceptional ! . I have owned a restaurant for several years in the city , and have been considered a bit of a critic. We continue to dine at Biffs ,because we have never been disappointed ! ....the service is outstanding....the chef /kitchen consistently go above and beyond our expectations ...and add a little personal touch to each and every meal .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Meal!spammela22Dined on 9/14/2014Biff's was a great place to have our anniversary dinner. The ambience was great, the service was fantastic and attentive and the food was outstanding! I highly recommend the crispy pig's ears!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014A vibrant place to have a lovely supper. Food was exquisite. Our hostess explained why there was a slight delay and kept us informed throughout,so it was handled well. Would definitely recommend. Many thanks for a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Great light foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/10/2014Food is great - nice light meals available. Watch for the bench seating inside though, very low down! Ask for chairs.Special Features:
- Perfect experienceEeyortDined on 9/6/2014I thought finding a delicious, upscale restaurant for a group of 10 people out to celebrate a big event would be impossible, but Biff's Bistro was perfect. Not only was the food delicious while being slightly adventurous, but the ambiance (including noise level) and wait staff were wonderful. Everyone was very excited that they had put me in charge of organising a reservation!Special Features:
- yletahDined on 9/6/2014had a wonderful dinner before going to the theatreSpecial Features:
- Best chef in TOOnicaDined on 9/6/2014I have been going to Le Biff for years now and it's never disappointing. It is an amazing restaurant with an excellent service and fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Always a great experience dinning at Biffs, friendly staff who tends to your every needSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SistersDined on 9/5/2014Well Biff's is a resto that is not consistant in quality of food. My Sister and I go to Biff's very month or so and sometimes the food is unbelievable YUMMY and about every third time one of us has a bad plate and yet we ALWAYS order the same thing. Hit and Miss at Biff's sadly....not sure we will go again.Special Features:
- Great food and fantastic servicetastetheworldDined on 9/5/2014Three things I use to rate a restaurant: food, service and affordability. Biff's has a great selection of beer from local microbreweries, as well as wine. Mushroom soup is simply amazing. Last time I was there, I tried the octopus salad and the taste was just fantastic, and dishes are colourfully and tastefully arranged. Service is outstanding, with smile and friendliness. Price is higher than average, but for food and service you get, it is worth it. I have been to the restaurant 4 or 5 times already over the last 4 months with my friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicewinephantomDined on 8/30/2014Our waiter was truly excellent and was able to answer any and all our questions. He was very knowledgeable on the wine list and even the type of grapes. He also told us he was the bar manager. He is truly an asset to your organization. Don't lose him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 29th AnniversaryDisappointedDined on 8/30/2014We have been to Biff's before and usually have a combination, of good food, good service, at reasonable to high price tag. As it was warm evening, we opted to sit outside on the patio. Service was a little slow but the only real hiccup was the server forgot the side order of frites for my husband's meal and then we had an extra wait of about 15 minutes for them to be brought from the kitchen. Despite the longish wait for each of courses, when we asked for the bill it was presented within about 3 seconds. We will go back but maybe on a week night rather than a Saturday holiday weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good meal, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014We came here for dinner with another couple and enjoyed dining outdoors on a beautiful evening. We started with some of the BC oysters, which were excellent. Also, the seared foie gras was very good, my wife had the braised beef cheek and bone marrow, also excellent. We also had the steak tartare and frites and the frogs legs, both dishes were good. For dessert we tried the chocolate cake and the creme brûlée, also both pretty good. Our server was wonderful and helped make it a very enjoyable meal. Look forward to dining here again soon.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningMillsVIPDined on 8/29/2014My wife and I went with a friend. Service was excellent and impeccable. We had oysters and light meals and all were excellent from the soup to the pasta. A perfect patio to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014It was our first visit to Biff's. The $1 oysters were great! We shared the seafood platter for 2 and it was delicious! We sat on the patio and it was romantic (except for me getting bitten by a mosquito).....definitely a nice restaurant ... we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spot for lunchbmarieVIPDined on 8/27/2014I love the menu at Biff's. The service is also very good. It is a great lunch spot and I will most certainly be back again on future trips to Toronto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014over all our food was really delicious,though I had the Steak Frites and found the steak very tough. I ordered it med-rare which usually is great. We have been to Biffs before and everything was amazing so this was unusual. Kathy GallagherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMusiclove2013Dined on 8/24/2014We made reservations over a week ahead of the date. Had to wait a really long time for our food to come and it arrived cold. They said it was becz there was a show going on across the street that night and were very busy. That is no excuse in my opinion. We will never go back and I will tell everyone not to go there either.
- Birthday Food worth Every CentMoogleDined on 8/23/2014It was my husband's birthday and we wanted to treat him to "home" food. He is French and it is hard to find authentic French food in TO. Biff's get 2 thumbs up from me. The menu is small and the food is prepared with great care. The wine list is to die for and to top it off the service is homely, the servers were well averse in the ingredients, cooking method and did not shy away from listening and then recommending. Thank you all for a wonderful time and making our evening something we will remember for a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at BiffsLarryDined on 8/22/2014We had another lovely dinner at Biffs. We were lucky enough to order oysters - they were served in the half shell with horseradish and hot sauce. A couple had grit in them but they were fresh and tasty. I had the trout which was good - a bit too much olive oil on the side for my taste but still tasty overall. Hubby had the chicken and loved it. Waitress was new to the restaurant but did very well with good service and knowledge about the menu. It was quiet inside but outside patio was full - we had a nice quiet table for two with attentive staff and had an enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some commentswatababeDined on 8/21/2014The waitress took a bit long time to get first drink which they could make it faster. However, they gave some nice decoration onto the dessert plate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.