BEVO Bar + Pizzeria
410, rue Saint-Vincent
Montreal, QC H2Y 3A5Neighborhood:
PizzeriaPrice: CAN$30 and under
BEVO Bar + Pizzeria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bevopizza.com/
- Phone: 5148615039
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Wednesday:
Kitchen & bar: 12pm-11pm
Thursday & Friday:
Kitchen: 12pm-11pm (full menu); 11pm-2am (pizza only)
Kitchen: 12pm-11pm (full menu); 11pm-2am (pizza only)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Giovanni Vella
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private sections seating 50-100 people can be reserved for special occasions upon availability.
- Private Party Contact: Alain Campeau 5148615039
- Entertainment: Live DJ, Thursday to Saturday, 5pm to 2am
- Special Events: We can accommodate groups up to 100 people in our semi-private rooms. Feel free to contact us for more information at 514.861.5039 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cross Street: Saint-Paul East and Saint-Amable
- Public Transit: Metro: Place d'Armes - Bus: 55 or 80
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available on the streets around BEVO: Notre-Dame, St-Vincent, Ste-Thérèse.
However the easiest option is the parking lot located at 330, rue Champs-de-Mars, in the Chaussegros-de-Léry building.
A word from BEVO Bar + Pizzeria
BEVO Bar + Pizzeria is a lively Old Montreal eatery and bar, which captures the bustling spirit of the neighbourhood and offers a convivial meeting spot for locals and visitors alike. Chef Giovanni Vella mans the kitchen, serving antipasti, insalate, pizze, and pasta, meat and fish dishes. The pizze are baked in a wood-burning oven, which gives them their crisp-yet-chewy crust. A well-selected list of global wines, beer and refreshing cocktails complements BEVO's menu, which is capped by a great assortment of traditional Italian desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
BEVO Bar + Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Old Montreal ›
BEVO Bar + Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (44)good for groups (43)hot spot (35)vibrant bar scene (26)special occasion (23)neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (20)fit for foodies (20)romantic (19)great for lunch (18)late-night find (18)notable wine list (16)scenic view (8)great for brunch (2)Show More
- chic but food only fairTouristjimDined on 9/18/2014This place has a great vibe and a great big wood fired pizza overn but the food is too greasy for my tastes. The fennel salad drowned in olive oil and the pizza, though tasty, was also a little greasy. Have had great food in Montreal so I know it's possible to find it, but not here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a dateTrollivierDined on 9/2/2014I went there on a date, at 6pm. There was no one, we had the table in the corner. Quiet enough at first. We ordered an appetizer. It was good but my date thought it could have been presented better and could have been fancier for the price. Pizzas were quite good. Drink are good too. Halfway through our meal though, they sat a party of 4 very loud women right behind us, when the restaurant was almost completely empty, and it was quite annoying. Otherwise, I would recommend this restaurant, you might discover things!Special Features:
- Cool placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014The location is in the Old Port, great place. The food was good but nothing great. The ambiance inside is pretty cool. Cute terrasse in a bustling part of the Old Port. I found the bathrooms could have been cleaner.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Old MontrealBostonFamilyDined on 8/24/2014Great food and service. We had a party of 6 including some picky teenagers. Everyone loved their meals, pizza, pastas & salads. The food is upscale Italian.Nice selection of wine. Outdoor dining was great, very picturesque, a beautiful location. This is a very happening place! There is nothing better than outdoor dining in Old Montreal. We look forward to eating at BEVO again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks & PizzaUrbainDined on 8/21/2014Went for happy hour and some yummy pizza. Entree of Polpette and Calimari both good. My friend had the EMILIA ROMAGNA pizza (meat ragù, pancetta, mozzarella, fresh parsley), found it a bit too salty but good overall. I had the BOSCO IN BIANCO (roasted mushrooms, mozzarella, sliced truffle), very good and would recommend to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Let Us Sit Therestosh007Dined on 8/19/2014We arrived for our reservation on time and they quickly sat us at a table and then...nothing!! No one acknowledged us, served us, nothing for 15 minutes we just sat there while others around us were attended to. Very poor service and will never go back nor will I recommend anyone. I have been in the hospitality industry for 25 years and have never been ignored like this before. Says a lot about the culture of the restaurant.
- Bon restaurantholinoneVIPDined on 8/17/2014Le restaurant est très joli. Les pizzas sont excellentes. Le service est très bien. Seul le niveau sonore est un peu élevé!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014We were looking for a nice pizzeria for the family during our visit to Montreal and BEVO was recommended. We are very happy we chose this restaurant. The food was excellent and arrived promptly. The ambiance was perfect due to we were there with our teenage children. The decor was very pleasing and we enjoyed the people watching on the street. Overall we would highly recommend this restaurant!!Special Features:
- An enjoyable experienceCtraderMontrealDined on 8/7/2014A fine meal, reasonably priced with excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally felt left outLuvgoodfoodDined on 8/4/2014We were so looking forward to our dinner at Bevo, a belated birthday celebration for my daughter. I made the reservation earlier in the day and we arrived at the restaurant. We were escorted upstairs to a fairly empty room. There were two other families eating their dinner besides us, a party of six. Shortly afterwards, these families left and we were left alone, feeling very isolated and left out of the action. In fact, service was so slow that we felt forgotten on more then one occasion. Sadly, this affected the atmosphere for us because basically, all the fun was downstairs and we were hearing and seeing it but definitely not a part of it. Will I be back? No, I don't think so. While the food was ok the experience was rather bland.Special Features:
- Great food and great ambianceFrancopugDined on 8/1/2014We both had thin crust oven baked Pizza and they were awesome. Great wine list too. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again!CIA009Dined on 8/1/2014Made reservations online as my friend and I were coming from out of town. We started off with calamari and two Bellini drinks. It was extremely loud in the restaurant. The Bellini was NOT what a Bellini should taste like it was sour, bitter and awful for $10. We sent it back and requested a cocktail that we usually drink which wasn't even on the cocktail menu. The dinner menu selection and was also disappointing. We ordered the pizza capriciosa with sausage and Rosata pasta. The pasta was ok, a little too al dente. The pizza was burnt and sausage topping wasn't cooked well. Told the waitress about the pizza and she says, yeah it's not suppose to look like that and says sorry and walks away. We asked for the bill. Never again!Special Features:
- Oh wellNicknameDined on 7/30/2014Pizza is ok but 50$ for a drink, a beer and a pizza?!? I guess you pay for the current in those irritable red neons in the bar... Felt like being under of one of those fast and furious car with an overpriced pizza and drink! There's so many great places for pizza in montreal i'd suggest anywhere else ;)
- GeigebDined on 7/20/2014We had a wonderful time there! Exceptional service, great atmosphere! Great food! Thank you. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014My girlfriends and I visited Bevo on Aug 19th. The restaurant was fantastic and the food was great!! We will definitely visit Bevo again.Special Features:
- Always Amazing!boathouseVIPDined on 7/18/2014When we travel to Montreal with our family, BEVO is our first dining night in Old Montreal. It is different, eclectic, consistently delicious food made with fresh ingredients, attentive staff, and an energetic atmosphere. The nutella pizza for dessert is amazing! Our children always look forward to BEVO and we do too. A MUST when visiting Montreal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014We were there for a small work/team dinner and it was great! Delicious food and great service! Definitely recommend it!Special Features:
- Unexpected Find in MontrealTheUnprofessionalCriticDined on 7/14/2014The prices leave a bit to be desired as for $100 for dinner for 2, I would have expected a bit more ambiance and service but overall it was an unexpected find. The food is not your standard italian or pub fare. It is a hybrid with a few surprises so it was a great meal. Nurse your drinks (soft drink or cocktail) and your bill will be more manageable. I gave 3 stars for service though our actual server was good...the hostess was overwhelmed. In fact, the reservation I had through open table wasn't "honored" such that open table thought I wasn't there. The noise level is moderate for outdoor dining but the inside seemed quiet enough. There was a group of 5 that had trouble getting seated as most outdoor tables are small.Special Features:
- Expected more......CobraDined on 7/14/2014Limited menu, no kids menu!!! Every restaurant has one! Nothing special in comparison to other pizzerias.
- Thank you Bevo!SpudDined on 6/28/2014We wanted to celebrate our 20th anniversary at a hopping spot in Old Montreal and this was perfect. It was a great mix of romantic diners and groups who made it lively. The service was excellent and so were the pizzas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014Great service, outstanding food and very accomodating for a large groupSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super restoMimiDined on 6/26/2014La nourriture est excellente. Les portions d'entrées ne sont malheureusement pas assez grande pour partager en groupe. Le seul endroit en ville où la recette du carbonara est typique! On y retourne c'est certainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHoperoadDined on 6/26/2014Made a reservation and when arrived asked if we could sit outside and told had to talk to the outside hostess who was different than the inside hostess. By the time we talked to her the last outside table was taken. Inside was dark with loud techno music - terrible atmosphere on a warm night in Montreal. Ordered a Bellini which cost $10.00 and was minuscule. I think the waiter forgot to put in our order because it took over an hour to get our pizzas and we were sitting in front of the pizza oven and watched all the other pizzas go by! My Margherita pizza was a soggy mess in the centre though the outside crust was nice so I just ate the outside part of the pizza. A lot of other nice restaurants in Montreal -would not go back to this one
- Amazing pizza and poutinewasinmontrealinjuneDined on 6/23/2014The food was top notch, could have eaten there every day of my business trip. The building is extraordinary, and looks like an old stone castle on the inside. The red light bar was very cool and inviting. My only complaint was the drinks were too expensive and extremely strong in a regular size glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mc31Dined on 6/18/2014food was excellent, our waiter was very helpful in helping us choose the menu.Special Features:
- Great place for casual diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014Went to Bevo for a night out with the boys. Food was great, especially the salumi and burratta antipasto. Great street level terrace for dining outside in beautiful Old Montreal. I had the Margherita pizza which was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodTaraRDined on 6/13/2014The food at Bevo is pretty good, but not great. The restaurant is huge and can feel like you are very far away from everything. Our pizzas were tasty, but the crust was not cooked enough, so they became soggy after only a few bites.
- DineomightDined on 6/12/2014The food was great....desserts amazing....service very good but the music was too loud ..we could not hear ourselves Talk without yelling....I would not go back because of that...Special Features:
- Bravo BevoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/12/2014...Second time for another birthday and was just great - the service was perfect and the pizza... MMmmm.....love it! and well the wine....!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ProudDined on 6/11/2014The food and service was excellent. Our waitress was very patient and pleasant. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Not what we expectedNightriderF1Dined on 6/7/2014Thw revise looked good as did the menu and the website, but we found that during the Formula One weekend, they appeared to be overwhelmed and had inexperienced wait staff they assigned to a large group (ours). The service was poor, the waiter didn't know the specials, one meal was messed up and no one told us which caused one individual to eat when we were ready to leave. The water glasses we left unattended. The meals were not all warm. Overall a big cost for a disappointing result.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2014The mushroom pizza wasn't as good as I thought it would be but overall it's still goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2014Flavour of food was good. Pasta dish was amazing. Pizza was disappointed with crust being wet on bottom. toppings were very good. Was there early in the evening so it was quiet but I can see it being loud later on as it is a big open space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st time experience!NelloMelloDined on 5/27/2014We enjoyed our dining experience the other night. The service was top notch. Our waiter especially was fantastic, patient and courteous. Our meals came in at a rapid pace and we appreciated it especially when you're dining with kids. The staff was great. I highly recommend this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingABPMDined on 5/27/2014Although I felt the service and ambiance were very good, I was disappointed with the food. I did read the review from the Montreal Gazette dating back to 2012. They did not give the restaurant a high rating for food and suggested that you stick with the pizza. I did not follow the suggestion. Maybe if I stuck to the pizza, I would have had a better dining experience.
- thanks bevo!DineOut2014Dined on 5/26/2014unbelievable pizza! def the best ive had..... exactly how it should be. very authentic, great gem. regards to the chef didnt get to use to the outdoor terrace as it had rained previously but another occasion! Other than that! Cheers and thank you for the lovely dining experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 222 reviews are from the BEVO Bar + Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Great bar and pizzaDi25Dined on 5/23/2014First time at this restaurant read reviews on the CTV news as number on pizza in Montreal my husband and I loved it especially the truffle mushroom pizza. We are coming back very soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missReviewwizardDined on 5/23/2014The beet salad was a different taste but I quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately my husband's caprese salad was made with mushing tomatoes and had no taste. The pizza was excel land and would definitely recommend it......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bevo ReviewFirstTimeBevoDined on 5/23/2014Excellent service and good few makes up for slightly crowded seating arrangements. I wish there had been more room between the tables so that it didn't feel like the staff and patrons were going to run into me at any moment. I'd recommend going earlier in the evening to avoid big crowds.I would recommend this to a friend.
- CELEBRATION!DearandHonVIPDined on 5/19/2014We were celebrating our 25th Anniversary and last night in Montreal...the restaurant was a quick walk from our hotel...as always...using Open Table for the reservation and noting our reason for celebration was duly taken care of perfectly by the host Eric!...our table...a quiet romantic hideaway with a view with the open window to the energetic street scene (The Habs were playing The Rangers)...complementary sparkling wine from Eric set the tone for a fabulous evening of celebration...our server Vincent was top notch!!!...calamari...arugula salads and the BEST wood oven pizza ever!...dessert of tiramisu with a sparkler was outstanding!...overall...JUST GO!!! And from the bottom of my heart...THANK YOU!!!Special Features: