2121 E. 7th Place
Los Angeles, CA 90021Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://bestiala.com/
- Phone: 2135145724
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
NOW OPEN at 5pm!!!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Ori Menashe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
A word from Bestia
Ori and Genevieve's signature style shines on the Bestia menu with a plethora of seasonal dishes that have been sourced from local purveyors. The emphasis on nose to tail cooking can be found in dishes such as Coppa di Testa comprised of housemade headcheese and Cassoela Milanese with braised pork, veal ribs and pork sausage. From housemade mustard for the charcuterie to skillfully crafted squid ink bottarga, the menu reflects the attention to detail that the duo pays to only seasonal ingredients. The emphasis on sustainable ingredients and products can be found not only on the menu, but in the design of the space as well. Working with designer Greg Bleier, Genevieve sourced the contemporary elements from local artisans, who rely on reclaimed materials to create the unique elements found within Bestia, from the light fixtures to the stools and tables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bestia - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Bestia reviews from OpenTable diners
355 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (298)hot spot (242)special occasion (166)neighborhood gem (136)vibrant bar scene (125)great for outdoor dining (106)good for groups (105)notable wine list (85)late-night find (60)romantic (56)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (7)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)Show More
- A place for foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Dinner at Bestia is fantastic. It's a place for foodies. Great atmosphere, artisanal cocktails and dishes that do not disappoint. Keep your eyes peeled, however, as it is in a nondescript location.Special Features:
- Taking food seriouslyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014All the charcuterie, breads and pastas are made at Bestia. We've tried a little bit of everything: nine marrow, veal on a toast, salumi, pizza and pasta and we can say that we had an amazing experience, all of then was delicious and, to point out, affordable. Can't wait to come back and try the meats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/26/2014every single dish we ordered was delicious and creative. definitely come with 4+ ppl so you can try more different dishes. the portions aren't big but you still wouldn't be able to try too much with just 2 people. and even though i was warned that it's loud in the restaurant, it was far louder than i imagined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was....FoodstastyDined on 10/24/2014The bees knees!! Keep it up. Pizza pasta and drinks. Yummy!! I've never written a review before until now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you heard about it...it's truejcpinwehoVIPDined on 10/24/2014Dishes absolutely delicious. Homemade pasta, Farro salad, Bone marrow...desserts awesome. Believe the hype. Hard to get reservation but definitely go if you haven't. One of the few restaurants I'd want to go back and try other items on the menu. Service attentive.Special Features:
- NaCwDined on 10/24/2014Food was spectacular. Had the salumi and also the farro app, for pasta we had the cavatelli and the tagliatelle with Calabrian sausage.The pasta was the best I have had since being in Italy. Service was great- very attentive. The food overlapped courses though....maybe our fault for ordering courses at once. Sat outside in front--still a bit loud, but we were so involved with the food, it didn't matter. I would go back in a heartbeat!Best restaurant on my list to date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Best place to eat in LA if u can get a reservation. Not be passed up. Bit on the adventuras side.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceSoCalFoodieDined on 10/23/2014After having dinner at Bestia for the first time back in August I though I must come back with a larger group. I immediately booked a reservation 2 months out and brought a few friends. We ordered multiple dishes for the table to share and on multiple occasions we were all quite just nodding our heads in how delicious every bite was. I highly recommend Bestia to all of the foodie lovers out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food!JBearPigDined on 10/21/2014Some of the best food I've had. Everything is flavorful, bordering between either being too flavorful or just right. Portions of each dish are hit and miss and do not correlate to the price (which is okay with me). Service is great. Tons of hipsters and foodies everywhere. Slight bit pricey but definitely worth it! Will return again.Special Features:
- Amazing!JimBVIPDined on 10/21/2014Our group has been waiting quite a while to get a reservationa dn we were not disappointed. Definately worth waiting for a reservation again and going back.Special Features:
- finickyDined on 10/20/2014Monday night 9 p.m., the place is packed and so loud we have to shout across the table at each other. Problem is, the noise level isn't the only thing that's loud. If you prefer subtlety in your dining experience, Bestia is not the place for you.
- Bestia is the Best!MEstampadorVIPDined on 10/19/2014My new favorite spot in LA! Amazing food, great service! Will definitely return to eat the Roasted Bone Marrow! Simply delectable!Special Features:
- 10:30 reservations worth the waitSwimtodineDined on 10/18/2014My girlfriend and I arrived at 9:00 for a 10:30 reservation with intentions of having some drinks at the bar. It was crowded but two people left the bar and feeling lucky we assumed the seats. The bartenders basically ignored us and then the hostess approached and asked if we had our name in for bar seating. I never heard of such a thing and we were asked to give up the seats. Evidently you can just walk in and get your name on the list to sit at the bar. That was the only downside to the evening. We actually were seated for dinner early. We had stools right in front of one of the cooking stations which we found enjoyable. The menu is incredible and our selections were absolutely over the edge! A must for the serious foodie!Special Features:
- Best Meal We've Had in LALoriVIPDined on 10/12/2014The food was absolutely fantastic. Everything we ordered was delicious. In fact, our table of eight struggled to decide on a favorite dish from each course. I highly suggest you go here with at least 4 people, so you can sample a good portion of the menu. Must haves: tomato burrata, creamy polenta, Kurobuta Pork Chop, Coffee & Donuts, Valrhona Tart... ...I'm catching myself listing everything we ate. If something on the menu looks good to you, order it. Ambience & Service: There was a really great balance of homey comfort and bustling energy. Our waitress was charming and full of information. She guided us through the meal with ease, and the waitstaff's presence never felt imposing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lives up to expectationsluvvinoDined on 10/12/2014You know that feeling when all everyone can talk about is this or that from "the restaurant" and you finally get reservations only be disappointed because your expectations were way off? Well, this is NOT that place. Let your expectations soar and you will still have your socks knocked off. The waiter guided us through the menu, suggested hand crafted cocktails based on our preferences and the food came in waves that never made you feel pressured to rush. YES, finally a hot spot that is all it's cracked up to be & doesn't make you feel like you aren't welcome after an hour! There is not doubt that I will definitely be back and soon.Special Features:
- Outstanding in every wayelayjayVIPDined on 10/10/20146 of us went and sat outside. I checked Quiet because of that. Truth is the inside is quite loud and "vibrant". 3 of my 6 lived in LA and had never heard of the restaurant. I was very pleased it was so excellent as I picked it. I would highly recommend ordering plates to share. That is what we did and EVERY dish was wonderful.Special Features:
- YummySandyGDined on 10/8/2014Getting a reservation can be hard for groups and the valet won't park you on most nights without a reservation. So that was the bad. Everything else was great. The pork chop on polenta was outstanding. The octopus and squid salad was perfect. I've had a few variations of the burrata salad with persimmon, peaches and heirloom tomato. Each time was a treat. Roasted veggies, oxtail filled pasta, and the butterscotch coconut tart rounded it off. It was all perfect. Skip the pizza and order a couple more dishes that you just won't find anywhere else.Special Features:
- Terrific and Interesting FoodGhost47Dined on 10/7/2014An interesting take on "traditional Italian cuisine." PROS: The food was the star. The Burrata Salad was outstanding--creamy burrata, heirloom cherry tomatoes, lightly salted with chunks of pluots, pea tendrils, etc. creating pops of flavor in your mouth. The cacao agnolotti were delicate and delectable pillows stuffed with braised oxtail--so interesting (in a good way); it was sweet, savory and earthy all at the same time (pairs nicely when eaten with the creamy polenta). The Grilled Whole Orata stuffed with greens and topped with a dandelion salad was fantastic (although a side-sauce would have been nice)! Crispy skin, tender flesh, healthy veggies and the brightness of the salad. CONS:(1) Way too loud & (2)$6 toast! I WILL BE BACK!Special Features:
- Fresh and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/6/2014One of the best restaurants in Los Angeles. Everything is made fresh, ingredients are top notch, pizza is devine, heirloom tomatoes with burrata last night was to die for.Special Features:
- Great in every way!MarkHVIPDined on 10/5/2014Service, cocktails, and food were unbelievable. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2014Noise level should be 5 bars - really takes away from a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect pasta, great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 10/4/2014Our waiter and assistant waiter were very helpful and attentive, despite full capacity of the restaurant. Service was expedient and effortless throughout the dining experience. Oh, that homemade pasta!! I still cannot get over how good it was. Every bite was chewy and meaty and perfectly al dente. For me, it was better than the pasta at Maccheroni Republic and on par with the pasta served at Culina. Great food, great service. I will happily return to try some different dishes which, of course, will include pasta!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still our favorite restaurantLuluVIPDined on 10/3/2014Having been to this restaurant at least four times we continue to love it for the unusual and tasty dishes. This time we had three appetizers, a pizza and a dessert. The ciccoli was our favorite followed by the burrata peach salad. The smoked fish was way too salty and I am a salt person but it is a new item on the menu. I'm sure they will get it right. The pizza, even the simple cheese/basil, is good. Don't recall the dessert. Mr. had craft beer and I had glasses of wine. I didn't love the Lambrusco but the white recommended was good. Service was helpful/efficient without being obtrusive Think I prefer sitting at the bar instead of tables because doesn't seem as loud or crowded to me.Special Features:
- Ultra cool and delicious foodGlyfadaDined on 10/3/2014highly recommend the whole experience , from driving to downtown to entering the bestie warehouse . The restaurant itself is very understated , uber cool vibe. The food does not disappoint .. Overall a very LA experience. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shout to Hear but Tastebuds ListenMWHGoshawkDined on 10/1/2014The Octopus salad always amazing with smoky but tender morsels of tentacle lightly braised. We enjoyed Roero Arneis which complimented perfectly the spaghettini with sea Urchin and light dusting of nori with oil and garlic was superb. The light tartness in the bright fruitiness of wine was perfect to compliment the fresh sweetness subtle in the fresh uni.The rib-eye was perfect temperature seared served on charred plank and the roasted vegetable accompaniment. A pairing with the peppery spicy carignan would be ideal. After the fifth dish we stopped straining our vocal cords and began to sink into a deep meditative bliss of the well-fed, our senses in overload, our hunger taunted by each successive indulgence.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousShellyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Bestia exceed my expectations. Every dish was delicious. It's extremely noisy so this isn't a great - get to know your date spot but I loved the vibe & energy for groups or just a few folks looking for a great meal. The only call out is the bus staff wanting to constantly clear your plates in exchange for new ones - who wants that when there is still delicious gravy to be enjoyed with their amazing Tuscan bread?!!!!!! Yummy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eric ThigpenRiveraRevDined on 9/29/2014Upon entering the restaurant, I was shocked to be greeted by the host who literally looked like she rolled out of bed, I showered, unkempt hair and a dirty t-shirt. I thought she was about to ask me for spare change. The clientele clearly were all dressed upscale casual, so it was rather shocking to be 'greeted' (barely looked up from the reservation book, seemed it was just too much of an effort). Drinks at the bar were very weak and overpriced. Bartenders might want to try saying thank you when giving the bill; may earn them a few extra dollars in tips. Clearly, the food is what carries this place as everything was delicious (which is why some of the staff don't feel the need to provide decent service as the place was packed. And noisy).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food if you like the noiseCat11Dined on 9/29/2014This is clearly a hot spot for downtown LA. The noise level indoors is jarringly loud. However, the cuisine makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dating spotyujunDined on 9/29/2014after being told by different people how great this place was, i decide to try this "best restaurant in LA“. It was difficult to make a reservation, other vise we would not come on a Monday. Food was good. Liked their octopus starter. We had truffle ravioli dumpling and squid ink pasta. Ravioli is creamy, but a little bit too overwhelming. Dessert was the best part. Made to order mini donuts are so light and soft. Coffee ice cream works great with the donuts. Downside is that this place is too crowded. You can barely hear people talking with you on the same table.Special Features:
- Wonderful!DavidDined on 9/29/2014I knew that having to make a reservation several weeks in advance must mean it was going to be good, I wasn't disappointed. This is an amazing restaurant. Great food, great service, great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RemarkableExcellentDined on 9/29/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by all my friends who are extreme foodies. It is a hipster vibe, very cool, not stuffy at all. The wait staff was doing some awesome cheer before they opened the place to bring a great energy to the night. All the starters we had were off the charts good. I highly recommend the chicken gizzards, the octopus and squid salad, and the chicken liver toast - all excellent. Reservations are tough to get, book earlySpecial Features:
- Awesome foodbylaiDined on 9/29/2014Flavorful and inventive. Pizza was as good as any Brooklyn pizza!Special Features:
- Love Bestia!VivstersDined on 9/28/2014Love that place. Amazing food, great atmosphere, good service. I've been there several times and never got disappointed. The food is super unique, creative and absurdly delicious! I can highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningDavidLADined on 9/28/2014Excellent and interesting food; we found every dish notable. Excellent staff. The noise level is pretty extreme, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOfmascheroniVIPDined on 9/27/2014Simply amazing. I absolutely recommend Bestia to anyone and everyone who has the opportunity to go. It is worth it no matter what time you go! We had a 5 PM dinner reservation and had a great time. We will be back!Special Features:
- Well Worth Our 2 Hour DriveDinnerDined on 9/25/2014Outstanding food and service during our second visit. Way too loud, and we had another visit from the resident fly to our table which does impact the ambiance. But the food is amazing and service top notch. If not into the inside decibel level, you might want to sit outside. That's our Plan for our next, much anticipated visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best-ia.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2014I think our waiter had just been fired from Chuckee Cheese. Soooo disappointed in the service. The food was good but not what is was hyped up to be. I ordered the spaghetti with bottarga and uni and I was sooo excited until I took my first bite. There was so much chili spice in it that you completely missed the nuances of the fish. Blah!!!!! Sooo bummed about this place as it took me over 2 months to get the resie.Special Features:
- Terribly rude waitorladygabriellaDined on 9/23/2014Have been here before and the service was mind-blowing and awesome - this time it was really not a good experience. Our waiter was rude and fell overall fake and bothered with serving us. But as always the food was fabulous!
- Fabulous!mofauDined on 9/23/2014Truly outstanding food. I've had two perfect meals there. Service is friendly. The restaurant is loud so I prefer to sit on the terrace. It would be loud with all the activity and people but the blasting music makes it all a bit too much. I cannot wait to go back!Special Features:
- Fantastic food and so so serviceLadypastaDined on 9/22/2014The food at Bestia (and their fantastic wine list) never disappoint. We had family in town and took them to Bestia as a way to show them the area and experience the amazing food. Overall it was amazing- only thing that was a bit of a bummer was that although I'd made reservations a good month in advance, we arrived to have the host try to seat us at a 2 top saying that they had a 2 top only ready. I had received a phone call AND open table reminder for a table for 4 and I just wish Bestia had been more gracious (and apologized) rather than make it seem like the fact that there were indeed 4 of us was them doing us a favor (considering they 'only have a 2 person table now'). The food and waitress, though made up for it completely!Special Features: