111 Salem Street
Boston, MA 02113Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.beneventosboston.com/
- Phone: 6175234111
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am, Sunday:11:30am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Benevento's
'The casual fare fits the cozy place, which is warmed by wood paneling, a marble bar, and a mocha tine ceiling.' - TVDinerContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Benevento's reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (55)fit for foodies (29)kid-friendly (22)good for groups (21)hot spot (16)great for lunch (13)romantic (12)special occasion (11)late-night find (7)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- Great North End find!!!BruceDined on 10/26/2014Benevento reminds me of what the North End used to be! Friendly service, very good food and kid friendly! Love the open kitchen! This is going to be the place in the North End we take all of our out of town guests!! Kids loved their meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great start to night in north endTiniDined on 10/25/2014We were seated within 15 min of reservation. Reservations are strongly recomnended. A nice night so most people waited outside. Bar area is not very big. Good drink/beer list. Great pizza. Something on the menu for everyone. Enjoyed experience. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!JeanneDined on 10/25/2014We've been here several times, and the food and service have always been outstanding. Dianne was our server and was very friendly and efficient. We ordered pizzas, pastas, salads and roasted veggies, and all were delicious. It's an incredible value for the quality of food served at Benevento's - we will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Boston's North EndCaptainMikeDined on 10/21/2014Excellent dining - kitchen is superb! Be sure to try their Antipasto and Chicken Cacciatore. We like to sit on the wall on the right as you enter this cozy little spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CLHPDined on 10/17/2014I love this place! Food and service great! Second visit . We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ppmck09ppmck09Dined on 10/14/2014North End gem. Outstanding Pizza and service. Parking close by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBuckleysDined on 10/12/2014We have been to Benevento's a few times now and they have always been consistent and we enjoy it so much.Special Features:
- Great Italiandadofsprout5Dined on 10/10/2014Dinner with friends in the north end, glad I made reservations in advance. Had sausage cacciatore, frigging amazing. Wife had chicken benevento, which was a huge portion, amazing taste. Other couple split a BLT pizza. They raved about it. No parking on street, put it in one of the lots or garages. We'll be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014We have been to Benevento's many times and are never disappointed. This time we requested a table in the front window and the table was waiting for us. Food was great as usual. However noise level very high due to a crowded bar, we had trouble hearing ourselves talk.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeneventosMortonsVIPDined on 10/9/2014The gluten free pizza was pretty good. They even gave us gluten free bread which was welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulonthego106Dined on 10/6/2014We went to Benevento's to celebrate my wife's 50th birthday. A delightful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but lots of choices in the NERedsoxfan1964VIPDined on 10/4/2014Saturday night in the North End of Boston can be crazy but a reservation should be honored if it is taken - we had a 7PM reservation and did not sit down until 7.45. We had 8 people so leaving and finding another spot was not practical. Food was good, service was shaky. there are lots of options in the area and I would suggest trying others.
- likefoodDined on 10/2/2014Food was great, service was good, ambiance good, a little loud, very tight inside but isn't everything in North End?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodErikDined on 10/1/2014They have delicious thin crust pizzas. The pasta is really good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, nice GF optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Benevento's is a cute place with nice atmosphere & really fine food. My husband had lobster ravioli which he could not stop raving about, he said the sauce was perfect, & coming from a full blooded Italian that is saying something! I had a gluten free garlic flat bread which was delicious, so nice to actually have bread I could eat before the meal. I had the Chicken Benevento, which was with asparagus, plum tomatoes and smoked mozzarella. It was very tasty, and the gluten free pasta was good, my only complaint was that the sauce was a very thin liquid, and there was way too much of it. It did not coat the pasta or add to the dish at all. Even though it was good, wished I had ordered the carbonara instead. We would visit again!Special Features:
- Amazing fresh pasta!AmandaDined on 9/25/2014Must order the fresh Fusilli, I have it every time I go and am never disappointed.Special Features:
- DisappointedTornadoDined on 9/17/2014I had eaten at Al Dente and was very impressed with the food. I thought I would give their "sister" restaurant a try. When the food arrived, the waitress had to go next door for a pepper mill which I thought a little odd but ....even the pepper mill couldn't give any taste to the spinach ravioli. I was hopeful about my entrée but it was such a disappointment that I can't even recall what it was but it had no taste. Now, I am Irish and therefore not too hard to please as the Irish boil practically everything and their idea of spice is salt and pepper. I find it such a shame this Italian food has no taste...as it should be full of flavors. I would have thought the two sister restaurants share a kitchen...obviously I am wrong...Special Features:
- Great pizza and serviceatfmbDined on 9/17/2014I found Benevento's bu searing 'north end restaurants' which gave me a huge long list. I weeded through and decided on Benevento's based purely on the menu - I was looking for Italian. I wasn't disappointed. A caprese salad and one of the specialty pizzas and I was hooked. The staff were friendly and attentive - my glass was never empty - and I never once saw someone who worked there who wasn't smiling. A great find. Wonderful place to eat. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/16/2014Fabulous brick oven pizzas!!!! the build-your-own-ones are scrumptious.Special Features:
- Good but TV?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014I absolutely LOVE Beneventos. The food is outstanding and the cute waitresses are always so nice, polite, excited and just good at their jobs! That being said, the atmosphere would be a lot more intimate for a date night or whatever if there weren't any televisions. Why does a cute Italian restaurant in the North End need televisions?! I'd love to see those TVs replaced with awesome local art or SOMETHING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brick Oven Pizzaeatdrinkbemerry5Dined on 9/1/2014The pizza was amazing, got the "Lil Joey" and substituted red sauce for the butter sauce..my mouth is watering writing about it.Special Features:
- Disappointed...eatsleepstyleDined on 8/31/2014Yes, we picked a very busy night to eat here. But even with a reservation we waited over 30 minutes. And it was only after we asked again, that we were ushered to a table downstairs, practically on top of the noisy kitchen and another party of 2. It wouldn't have been a problem, but we were practically eating off of each other's plates we were so close. The waitress couldn't even make her away to our table without yelling/reaching over the other party's. This was a birthday dinner, so we were hoping for something at least semi-nice. Instead it was if we had been shoved into the corner of a basement. There was no "sorry for the wait" or even bread on the table. The food was redeeming, but not good enough to make up for the bad experience.
- Fun PlaceLynneBVIPDined on 8/31/2014Frist time I dined at Benevento's and liked the Sports Bar Theme and seeing the various games on TV. Thought the food was good, but not great. Pizza took a long time as we learnt the Cook burnt the first one and for the time frame, thought it was okay. Soup and Appetizers were good.
- Basement diningDessert1stDined on 8/30/2014We arrived on time for our 7:30 reservation-a special night out for party of 7. Ater 20 min. we were told that our table would not be ready for 90 min so "another table would be found". 8:45: we were led downstairs to a hallway between a bathroom and a noisey underground kitchen. Only a curtain separated us from the kitchen, which had a busboy or waitstaff emerge every couple of minutes and brush by our table. We sat under a rag tied to a pipe, talking over the sound of crashing dishes. Nothing was comped, not even our wine while we waited. Food was ok but we went there because we wanted just wanted pasta and a nice atmosphere. In the north end, there are many dining choices. Looks like I need to find a new one -- above ground.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place to eatNeen813Dined on 8/23/2014I ate there once before while on a Boston Pizza Tour & liked their pizaa. We were seated immediately with our reservations, at the very last table in the back of the restaurant. The noise level was low there & we were able to have nice conversation during dinner; it would be a bit too noisy & frenetic for me otherwise. However, our table was literally in front of a garage door, which they tried to camoflauge with a shade. Lots of activity there from the waitstaff, as we were near this service area. I didn't love that, but the fact the noisel level was better there made it ok. Service for prompt, friendly & courteous. Food was good - pasta fagioli soup, penned alla vodka & Benevento pizza. Would recommend, not rushing to go back.Special Features:
- consistently great food and servicejennyd123Dined on 8/22/2014We go to Beneventos often, the food is outstanding and reminiscent of the homemade Italian food you may have grown up eating. We love the shrimp, broccoli, penne and gnocchi. The pumpkin ravioli is also a must have, it is fantastic. We usually order a carafe of red wine (or two) for the table, it is also very good. A must try if you have not been!Special Features:
- Pleased groupDiningWithFriendsDined on 8/14/2014We had a group of 10 that was easily handled with a reservation. We were all seated upon arrival. Service was great and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long wait and poorly cooked mealbringthenoiseDined on 8/9/2014If you want to wait outside for 40 minutes after your reservation time, then another 20 minutes for a half cooked pizza topped with "mixed greens" placed on after the pizza is "cooked", then by all means go here. I was completely dissatisfied with my visit here and will not return to this establishment.
- Great pizza!KrissyDined on 8/7/2014My two kids and I had an enjoyable dinner at Benvenetos. We were there on a Thursday evening at 5:00 and it was not busy or loud. One of my kids is gluten free and he LOVED the gluten free pizza (they also offered GF pasta). There is a $3.50 charge for gluten free which is stated on the menu and worth it IMHO if he likes it and is happy. The regular crust pizza was a hit as well. Both were large enough to eat for dinner and bring plenty home for leftovers. Lobster ravioli was good, not great, although I ate almost the entire thing. Next time I'm going to try a pizza. If you want good food and a nice atmosphere, this is a great spot. Would make a nice date night spot too. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little hole in the wallDiver794Dined on 8/1/2014The wife and I always enjoy a quick meal from Benevento's. It's always fast and perfect, the home made pasta is our favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMkareniskweenDined on 7/30/2014Great food! I had a group of two adults and four teenagers and it was a hit! Probably not the best for little kids, but they have plenty of options as one of my teenagers still eats like a four year old--and she did not have a problem.Special Features:
- Not a fanksusueDined on 7/29/2014We travelled up and down the East Coast and used UrbanSpoon ratings to choose restaurants in each of the cities (always going with 90% or higher plus reading reviews). This was our only disappointment. Unlike the other restaurants in the area, the windows don't open up in front. It was such a gorgeous night, it would've been wonderful to have fresh air filling the place. The service was actually great, but the food was okay. I wasn't very impressed with the pizza (which they are known for). The pasta we ordered or the kids (adult size serving of linguine marinara) was pretty tasty. But it wasn't something we would crave or make a special trip for.
- a great taste of the north endNewCitizenofBostonDined on 7/28/2014Went with a group of three friends for a picturesque dinner in the North End. Meal was classic Italian and booking ahead gave us absolutely no wait. Would easy here again with friends or family, but definitely only in small parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014Excellent food, wine and service. Had a great evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing casual foodTilly2104Dined on 7/19/2014Everything, from the fried calamari to the pasta to the pizza was amazing. Laid back, casual, and VERY popular with the locals. Expect a significant wait, been with a reservation. Worth it though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at Beneventos!JeanneDined on 7/19/2014We had friends visiting from out of town, so were grateful to be able to make a reservation for 7 people on a very busy Saturday night, and the table was ready for us when we got there (8pm). Our waitress, Amanda, was the best - so personable and had great suggestions. We had salads, pizzas and pastas, plus wine, and everything was delicious. Very generous portions, quality ingredients, great variety, and reasonable prices. Our guests were especially impressed when Amanda brought us complimentary limencello at the end of the meal - nice touch! We will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- Doesn't exciteSurryVIPDined on 7/18/2014We were very impressed by the man seating the guests. I had only booked for 4 and when5 of us showed up, he found us a table after only a short wait. Our server was excellent but none of the food was great. The pizza was disappointing with unexceptional crust. The reason for booking was based on the excellent pizza reviews. We have eaten much better brick oven pizza. It's a shame. The tables that face the bathrooms are terribly un appealing. Ours did and every time someone opened the bathroom door we looked right at the toilet. This is clearly unappetizing in a restaurant.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood FindTinaKDined on 7/17/2014Loved this place. One of few places in the North End with a full bar. The food was delicious....especially the mussels in marinara sauce. The brick-oven pizza was the best in the North End....including Regina's. The pasta was fresh and cooked to perfection....al dente....with amazing sauces (we had a carbonara and a bolognese). The service was exceptional. The only negative was the price of a glass of wine ($11). Other than that, we highly recommend Benevento's and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible foodmikrr43VIPDined on 7/17/2014Avoid at all costs. This is some of the worst pseudo-Italian food that I've ever paid for (and barely eaten). Tough, fat, chewy pasta. Bland over-cooked tomato sauce. More garlic than I though was possible to shovel onto one sad entree. Overall, a disgrace. Save your money and look elsewhere.
- ExcellentadayinthebiteDined on 7/13/2014Benevento's is a solid gold, delicious italian restaurant in the No. End. Basic homemade, consistent, great sauces, great pizzas. This is our go-to spot. www.adayinthebite.com A Day in the Bite Alexis AvilaSpecial Features: