315 W. St. Julian Street
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.belfordssavannah.com/
- Phone: 9122332626x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday : 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Kevin McPherson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Getting married? Entertaining important clients? Retiring? Organizing a company party? Celebrating a birthday? Belford’s Savannah is the perfect place to celebrate your special occasion. With the historic atmosphere, wonderful food and excellent service, we can help you create an unforgettable experience. The staff at Belford’s Savannah will assist you in selecting the best options from our menu, tailored to suit your event and your guests. If you have a special dish in mind, our chef is happy to prepare it especially for your group. Belford’s can accommodate up to 150 people and offers both buffet and seated service for groups and parties. We also cater, bringing our outstanding cuisine right to your door.
- Private Party Contact: Kari Allen 912-233-2626x
- Special Events: Belford’s Savannah is the perfect place to celebrate your special occasion or private party. With the historic atmosphere, wonderful food and excellent service, we can help you create an unforgettable experience. Belford’s can accommodate up to 150 people and offers both buffet and seated service for groups and parties. We also cater, bringing our outstanding cuisine right to your door.
The Director of Catering at Belford’s Savannah can help you select the best options from our outstanding menu, custom-designed to suit your private event. Whether you are planning a bridal shower, a wedding reception, a company holiday party, tour group meal or anniversary celebration, Belford’s is the place to be. If you have a special dish in mind, our chef is happy to prepare it especially for your group. Want to have live entertainment or a DJ as part of your event? We are happy to work with your chosen performer. Contact Kari Spano and let us help you create a memorable event.
A word from Belford's Savannah
All reservations over 6 guests must call the restaurant to place a reservation. Visit us at Belford’s Savannah – Seafood & Steaks. Belford’s offers casual fine dining in City Market. Enjoy award winning cuisine in a historic brick building dating back to 1902 which previously housed the Belford family’s wholesale food company. Since opening for business in 1997, Belford’s has taken the prize four times at the annual Taste of Savannah event judged by Southern Living magazine. Menu specialties include pan-seared jumbo lump Crab Cakes, Shrimp, Greens and Grits, Cajun Lobster Ravioli and Phyllo Salmon. All Belford’s steaks are Certified Angus Beef. Finish the evening with Marlowe’s house-made Cheesecake. Make Belford’s Savannah – Seafood & Steaks a part of your Savannah dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Belford's Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
Belford's Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (45)fit for foodies (40)neighborhood gem (35)romantic (34)great for lunch (27)good for groups (27)great for brunch (17)scenic view (15)notable wine list (13)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (10)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Blah Birthday dinnerSouthernFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Visited Savannah to celebrate my birthday and this restaurant came highly recommended. The service was excellent and it was a great night to dine outdoors. However the food was not that great. My husband LOVES she crab soup and by nature rarely sends anything back (it has to be awful) and he could not finish his soup because it was so bad. His chicken had wayyyy too much peanut butter in the satay. My Lobster ravioli was served cold and I only ate 2 of the 6. I was not impressed and will come back for drinks but not to eat. The pluses are the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The crab cake is one of the best I have ever had. Large with a lot of crab meat and the 2 sauces that come with it just enhance the flavor, a spicy jalapeno sauce on top and a a sweet tomato jam on the bottom. Would highly recommend coming just for the crab cakes.Special Features:
- Delicious FoodRhondaDined on 8/29/2014Our table was ready when we arrived. We were waited on in a timely manner. The server was very attentive and helpful in ordering our food. We received it in a short amount of time and it was just as we ordered it. Very good. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. Four of us were from Texas and two in our party from Virginia. We loved it!Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant for brunch!SavNativeDined on 8/24/2014I always enjoy having brunch at Belford's on a Sunday afternoon! The service is always great and the food is delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great diningTampaBettyDined on 8/23/2014Loved the bisque! Great waiter- finally someone who listened and helped us select what was best for us. Perfectly cooked surf and turf. Quality, atmosphere and service / it feels good to get all that and more from a restaurant. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantGracesouthernadventureDined on 8/12/2014Food was delicious. Waitress very attentive and patient with first time customers. I think her name was Amber. The watermelon Salad with grilled shrimp on top was excellent. While reservations are required, there was no reason for it that day. Only two other tables occupied at that time. Just a little pompous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food and atmosphereCottonDined on 8/11/2014I've eaten here several times now any every time I try something different. The food is always very good and the staff is excellent. It's a must for dining when I'm in Savannah !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we chose Belford'sBylanderseaDined on 8/8/2014My daughter and I decided to visit Savannah at the last minute and made a reservation for Belford's. What a wonderful find! Our server suggested we split the She Crab soup- which was more than enough and saved us some money. The Simi wine was reasonably priced and the seafood was outstanding. The manager helped out her staff by serving our entrees. Well done. We would be happy to return.Special Features:
- Very goodExperiencedDinerDined on 8/7/2014They had a watermelon salad the day we ate lunch and it was delicious! The seared ahi tuna was good not disappointing but nothing outstanding. My husband said the hamburger was good and he would eat it again. Service was fine no complaints. Outside dining looked nice but too hot when we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Crab Cakes!blufftonbelleDined on 8/6/2014Belford Tavern is our new favorite restaurant! We are locals and just found Belford Tavern by googling 'crabcakes'. Super impressed with the service, and the $15 crab cake sandwich is worth every dollar. They are hands down the BEST crabcakes we've had in the Lowcountry. Very little filler and all lump crab meat. Also, their white chocolate bread pudding with caramel sauce is to die for. We will be back ~ often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseZoninVIPDined on 8/2/2014Do not listen to some reviews. This is an excellent place to dine. The most spectacular shrimp and grit presentation anywhere...fried green tomatoes great alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014First time and really enjoyd it. In savh eating out a lot and just never think about your place. Participating in restaurant week gpt us there. Now we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great service is notNot4southDined on 8/1/2014Those servers are rude!!! Replace them or train them proper but for the money we spent we want more polite and nice service .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great people watchingYankeedoodleDined on 8/1/2014My friend and I dined at Belford's during Restaurant Week and ate outside to enjoy the activity in City Market. It is an inviting spot and the food has always been consistently good on the occasions I've lunched and had dinner there. The menu is reflective of southern cuisine, and the portions are quite ample and nicely presented. It is casual and upbeat, and the wait staff is above average. I will be returning soon again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2014Was served a warm bottle of rose wine. Appetizer plates were never brought to the table. Food was blah.
- Check out Belford'ssatisfiedcustomerDined on 7/30/2014If you're wandering around City Market, Belford's is worth checking out. Food flavor and presentation are similar to far more expensive restaurants. The restaurant was an old general store, completely open and with high ceilings. Great for ambiance, although it can up the noise level. Still, it's a fun place with good food -- a great combination when you're hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mehfoodiegirlDined on 7/28/2014Server was slow and seemed more concerned about the older businessmen at the table next to us. The food was heavily salted (duck egg rolls and tri tip with ravioli) The shortcake biscuit was rock hard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belford blues2ncfoodiesDined on 7/28/2014The two dishes we ordered were not cooked the way they were described. The tuna dish was supposed to be Ahi tuna, but was definitely not! My husbands dish was supposed to have a bourbon Demi-glacé. It was just barbecue sauce thrown on top of the chop. When we voiced our feelings to our waitress, she disappeared , just sent over the manager and never came by us again . Very disappointing for the reputation it has.
- Very tastySavannahGourmandDined on 7/27/2014The appetizer, the entree, and the dessert were all very finely crafted. I would wish that they were all permanent parts of the menu. The oyster stew, alone, would bring me back on a regular basis.Special Features:
- Very good food, a bit pricey.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Our server was excellent, very helpful and attentive. The food was delicious! It was a bit pricey and though the ambience was nice, it was a little loud.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantdisbellDined on 7/25/2014This was the second time we went to Belford's, & both times the food has been great. My wife is vegan & unable to eat wheat products, so we spoke to them the day before our reservations. They made her a wonderful dish using ingredients from other items on the menu. I had the baked brie & crab cakes, both of which were awesome. We will go back any time we return to Savannah.Special Features:
- Great recommendationThehoovsVIPDined on 7/23/2014Our hotel recommended this place for dinner. It was an easy short walk and we loved the food. We started with a crab cake that was loaded with crab and very delicious. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and their wine selection was good too. Our server was profecient and knowledgable. Would most definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fantastic!southernfoodieDined on 7/18/2014My husband and I dined here during our first-ever visit to Savannah and could not have been more pleased! The atmosphere was great for a romantic dinner together, yet it was lively enough to be a fun experience too. We had the smoked salmon appetizer, which we are STILL raving about. I had the shrimp and scallop ravioli - to DIE for!! He had the classic steak frites, which totally satisfied his craving for a nice cut of steak. To finish we had the caramel cheesecake - so rich, creamy and indulgent. We are so looking forward to the next opportunity to come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for couples + foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/16/2014We were visiting the area from Atlanta with my parents from Chicago and my toddler. This place is in a great spot and has a very nice, upscale feel. Everyone there was very nice. I am not a "foodie" and not into steak. SO... I tried the salmon which was really my only choice. And the caesar salad. They were great. The bread is fantastic as well.Special Features:
- Belford ReviewPhillyguyDined on 7/13/2014We dined on a Sunday night, so the traffic was very light in the restaurant. The food was good and the service was very good. I would recommend dinning inside. The outer edge of City Market, where Belford's is located, is not all that pleasing and the street life is distracting. I would definitely go again... but will sit inside.Special Features:
- Samantha66Dined on 7/10/2014LOVE this place. The food is great and so is the service!! The people here are always nice and friendly. The specials are always good too! We make it a "must do" evert time we come to visit.Special Features:
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Tasty meal and pleasant setting. Finer dining than many of the restaurants on River Street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningcraneguyatf200gDined on 7/1/2014dined with my teenage daughters, wait staff was very accommodating, appetizers and entrees were excellent, nice selection of great wines by the glass...look forward to going back!Special Features:
- Perfect romantic lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Pre-wedding lunch for two. perfect start to a beautiful day. Staff was excellent, very professional and considerate. Food was amazing. The shrimp and Grit cakes were exploding with flavor!!!Special Features:
- Service was slow and not very goodSlowDined on 6/26/2014The service was super slow and there were only 3 other tables in the entire restaurant. The food was okay but extremely overpriced. Won't be back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Too expensive for small amount of food. She-crab soup was too thick and lacked flavor
- Lunch with companyoflaghertyDined on 6/18/2014We always bring out of town company to Belford's, for lunch, as one of our ways of showing off Savannah. They have never disappointed us and we look forward to many lunches, in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableBarfinDined on 6/17/2014Bar tender great, just a fun place with great food, good service. A must in Savannah.Special Features:
- Belford's for Father's DayvisitingdinerDined on 6/15/2014It was the perfect spot to enjoy a wonderful Father's Day lunch! Service and food were first class. We were also there recently for dinner with a group of 15 or so in the evening and experienced the same wonderful service. Enjoyed both dining experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ service, A+ foodR1D1Dined on 6/15/2014We made reservations for Fathers Day brunch and though they recently removed my favorites for brunch (pancakes and French toast) from the menu, the food was excellent, the crab cakes were TO DIE FOR and the ambience was pleasant. In the bustling City Market area of historic Savannah, Belfords was the perfect spot for a great meal and after-dinner stroll. We even came back for dinner the same evening for a second round. Our servers, Louis and Cody, were memorable and my wife LOVED the elderflower martini the bartender Jesse made so much that she went to meet him personally. We are world class foodies and have had that martini in 4 other countries and countless places in the US. That one was in out top 3! Thanks so much, we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty dishes ... Management ???WinzieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Brunch had dirty butter dishes on our table ... Them tried to find clean one on table next to me and they were all dirty ... Food stuck on them and so smear of grease ... Receptionist saw I me looking for a clean one. She said she would handle it. .... No Apology from any one ... No reassurance not how they wanted my experience to be.. Food good , reasonably priced, atmosphere unique and pleasant . You can sit inside or out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedLocalDined on 6/14/2014I live in savannah and have enjoyed a lot of great food in this town. Me and my wife both ordered steaks and both where not what I expected from a restaurant in this price range. Our bill was $130.00 which included a bottle of wine. I would have went to the outback if I could have done it over again.Special Features:
- Unlike image on websitefirsttimeinsavannahDined on 6/8/2014This restaurant is in a large open room that can get very noisy without much decor..the image on the website looks like a very initimate, quiet setting. We ordered the baked brie for an appetizer. It came out hard, cold and rubbery twice until we told the server to bring us something else. We then ordered the fried green tomatoes which were beyond raw. The wine was good and the server very nice but at the end of the meal I realized I would never come here again and basically it was the mentality of the management was to get tourists in and out and not bother with the quality of the food.Special Features:
- LunchSmittyDined on 6/6/2014It is one of my favorite places to dine and yes, the crab cakes are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CathybobVIPDined on 6/5/2014Brought visiting company here and everyone really enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere. The wait staff was very attentive and everyone was very satisfied with the experience.Special Features: