1 Cedar Point Drive
Sandusky, OH 44870Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bayharbordining.com/
- Phone: 4196256373x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Wednesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brian Millis
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Groups of up to 20 can be accommodate in our private lounge. Custom menu service is available.
- Private Party Contact: Lorrie Singler 4196095947x
A word from Bay Harbor
Waterfront dining at the Cedar Point Marina. Featuring the area's freshest seafood along with delicious pasta and spectacular prime rib. In addition, daily features, a patio and full bar service with extensive wine list are available.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bay Harbor - Best Restaurants in Sandusky ›
Bay Harbor reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (51)special occasion (39)romantic (32)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (18)great for outdoor dining (17)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (13)hot spot (11)notable wine list (11)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Good food, good service, convenient location. A little pricy but I'm assuming that has to do with the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuickDined on 10/10/2014Always great and Food and service. A hidden food gem at Cedar Point. Great for occasions!Special Features:
- Excellent Choiceroz750Dined on 9/27/2014Decided to book a reservation here with my mom, and 3 teenage children for a nice break from the grind at Cedar Point. It could not have been a better dining experiance.Special Features:
- BuickBuickDined on 9/26/2014Always a great food and service and the perfect ending to a day of coastering at Cedar Point.Special Features:
- Great seafoodLovechicagoDined on 9/18/2014From the time we got there till the time we left our dining experience was fabulous. The Lobster is fantastic, very sweet. King Crab was excellent. Scallops were awesome and the shrimp was to die for. Our waitress was outstanding. I love eating thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Day at Cedar PointKelMonOhDined on 9/13/2014We went here for a friends birthday while visiting Cedar Point. The evening sunset view was spectacular. We all had a mix of steak and sea food. Everything was great. The service is slow but acceptable for a fancy upscale restaurant. Don't expect to get in and out quick. Spend time and enjoy the view and conversation. You don't have to wear dresses and suits, it is casual but no swim suits, t-shirts, flip flops. They have a full service bar and many wine choices. We will visit this place again.Special Features:
- A hidden gem without a ton of kids!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We were staying at Hotel Breakers as the host hotel for the triathlon we were doing. Little did we know you are basically "stuck" out on the peninsula with only a TGIFridays and a Perkins attached to the hotel. Considering the Friday's menu was really small compared to a "normal" menu, and the prices were ridiculous for a real meal, we thought we'd checkout Bay Harbor. We are so glad we did! Real chef with real good meals and reasonably priced for a excellent dinner.Special Features:
- love the view..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014this is one of my favorite restaurants on lake erie... it is a great place to travel to by boat...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In bad need of updatingIwannagolfDined on 8/31/2014Way overpriced for what it is. Was not at all impressed with the food. Restaurant is old, musty, and in need of cleaning. King crab was spongy and the shell was soft, so not fresh. Strip steak was fine but at $40 WAY overpriced. Lobster fettucini was awful. No flavor. Very little lobster. Caprese salad was pre-prepared, refrigerated and drowning in balsamic dressing. Ice cold. No flavor. No menu options for kids. Best part of this place is the view of the marina. Will not go back again and would not recommend.
- Food and View AMAZING!RoadWarriorVIPDined on 8/29/2014Valet parking made the evening traveling alone that much nicer. The restaurant is literally on the water. I was seated at a table overlooking the lake; wonderful! The menu offered a variety of options for most pallets. Waitstaff was efficient, friendly, and accommodating. Food was delicious. Ambience was modern , yet, welcoming. I would dine here again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Excellent foodcoastermamaDined on 8/24/2014This was our special meal during our stay at Cedar Point. Everything was outstanding. Prices were a little higher than I usually spend at home (buffalo,ny), but we were on vacation. A special occasion dinner would be perfect here. Thoroughly enjoyed the escargot, not seen on menus at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014MUCH TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD. THE SALAD, BREAD AND LOBSTER WERE VERY ORDINARY.
- Poor Service and Way OverpricedTomKatDined on 8/23/2014Been here before always had good experience, this time waited over 30 minutes just for a drink, another 30 for bread, meal came another 30 minute wait, if i was eating at the Olive garden or Red Lobster I would say its good, but when your paying between $30 to $40 you expect its going to be real good, it was not. Restaurant took a Large group on a Saturday night and allowed speeches and recognition for its people, I did not pay all this money to listen to a ra ra session, Cedar Point Needs to up the game or lower prices to match your product.
- love the view..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I love this place...the staff are wonderful..the food is great...the view is excellent...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great servicejelworDined on 8/16/2014This is a hidden gem at Cedar Point and for the city of Sandusky. We dine at Bay Harbor every time we visit Cedar Point and have never been disappointed. On this occasion the food was excellent as it always has been but the service was OUTSTANDING! Our server "Ed" went out of his way to ensure we enjoyed our experience. We can't wait for our next opportunity to visit, if only we lived closer!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, mediocre foodtsacsoDined on 8/10/2014The quality of the food was one step behind the price. The staff was very attentive and courteous.
- CarlotaDined on 8/10/2014Fabulous place. Great in winter,too. Prime rib great. Oliver butter delicious. View beautifuñL.Special Features:
- Very nice. Giant king crab legs.Kingcrab4meDined on 8/3/2014King crab legs were as big as I've ever had. Massive. More than fill me up. Worth the $55.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A home town favorite.PaulDined on 8/3/2014Bay Harbor Inn at Cedar Point is always on our must do list when we visit our home town of Sandusky, OH. The food is excellent and the views of the marina and bay are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!juniorDined on 8/1/2014Really liked everything they had to offer. They have a pretty decent menu, but boy is it costly. With great food comes a great price, right? Awesome steak and fish, you cannot go wrong with the menu. Good wines, awesome.Special Features:
- The food was excellent!angienduane1010Dined on 7/26/2014We went there to celebrate my sons birthday. Our waitress was very helpful, food was delicious! Pricing was fair for the quality, I'm only sorry I don't live locally to visit more oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you Bay HarborVisitingPhillyVIPDined on 7/26/2014Cedar Point is fantastic fun, but other than fast food or TGIF, your finer dining options are non-existent. Enter Bay Harbor. While not the finest restaurant ever ever, it stands alone among the choices at Cedar Point. We dined here both nights we stayed at the Park simply because nothing else even compared. Service was okay, food was well done, and the view and setting were a welcome relief from the sea of humanity inside the park. If you are looking for something a little more "upscale", this is your place.Special Features:
- Took too longgodoggoDined on 7/26/20142 3/4 hrs. is a little long for dinner. We ordered 2 appetizers and no desserts. As we were too tired by then.Special Features:
- Great Date Night OutluvescargotDined on 7/26/2014The service was wonderful, waitress did a great job and the food was excellent as always. It may be part of Cedar Point but it's an adult oasis amid the chaosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special AnniversaryNelsonandTinaDined on 7/16/2014We celebrated our engagement at the Bay Harbor July 15, 1978. We have wanted to get back, but never made it again until this year. It was as special as we remembered it--and then some! The food truly exceeded our best imaginings. Then, the manager compt our desserts. We had a wonderful time and won't wait 30+ years before we return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once Again It Doesn't DisappointJimBayDined on 7/12/2014Once again, Bay Harbor does not disappoint. The food is always good, the service always attentive and the view of the marina/bay is always great. We have been here many times and we will come back again. We have been known to drive the 80-mile roundtrip, just for dinner. Also, a little tip for you - they validate the parking fee you are charged by Cedar Point to get to the restaurant. Enjoy - we always do.Special Features:
- Wonderful Special Occasion DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2014I dined with my husband and 8-year old daughter for our "fine-dining vacation dinner" in July and we enjoyed a delicious meal & excellent service. We had a reservation, & the restaurant accommodated a last minute request to change the time (the dining room did not appear busy). The service was spot on. While I qualify this as "upscale", I call it kid friendly because they do offer a nice kid's menu - though my daughter opted for the french onion soup instead, which the waiter recommended for all of us. Indeed, we wished we had ordered the onion soup instead of the crab cake - the meat was not very "lumped" & overly seasoned. But our lobster tail and prime rib were superb with very nice sized portions. Our table had a sunset view of the bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!PineDined on 7/7/2014We always head to this restaurant for special occasions because the food is consistently excellent. The restaurant is in a lovely spot, and the service is outstanding. We recently took our visiting son there for his birthday, and he raved about the food--- that "rave" is worth a lot as he has worked in several restaurants in the past!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- naked dressinggarlic2gogoDined on 7/4/2014I have been at this place many times while my kids have enjoyed the rides at Cedar Point. It was a welcome retrieve from the chaos of the park. I booked 6 weeks out for dinner and tried to time in for the fireworks. The table view was fantastic but the food was dismal. Both my daughters ordered baked potatoes. They were out. My husband had the perch and the slaw dressing had no dressing...nothing..just cabbage. Along with my other dish I ordered the veggie dish...which was promoted as the local Farmer plate. 2 carrots 2 asparagus and 1 beet cut up with nothing on it...no salt no pepper no nothing. Just steamed. 5 dollars!!!You have a treasure in your backyard and nothing done with it. Shame on the chef for having an opportunity.Special Features:
- July 4th dinnerBridgetDined on 7/4/2014Had a great meal here with my fiance, my sister and her boyfriend on July 4th. The menu had a lot of great seafood options, so right up my alley! I had the pear and watercress salad and crab legs and they were both delicious. We also tried a couple of seafood apps - walleye bites and shrimp cocktail, which were good as well. Others had a shrimp and scallop linguine, and the blackened grouper oscar. For being at Cedar Point, the food and service was very good (I expected more a more mainstream, "chain-y" experience).Special Features:
- jbluvsbayharborOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014Great dining experience and well worth the 1 hour drive. Great food, great service, wonderful atmosphere/scenery, and loved the piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marci NealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We had a great evening at The Bay Harbor! The food was great ~ very, very happy to have the bar menu back. We are dock holders and stopped going because they removed the bar menu. So we are very happy to have it back. The service was very slow and it was not crowded. That could be improved but overall a great night. We will be back as long as the bar menu remains.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the Best!LuvBHDined on 6/27/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant. With three unique seating areas, great food & an amazing staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Do yourself a favor and had downtown, way better restaurants. Needs serious updating and a dress code.
- Top notchKlinePtaszekDined on 6/23/2014We chose Bay Harbor during our stay at Cedar Point. Overall fantastic place! The food was delicious!! Some of the best South African lobster tail! We would definitely dine again when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Bay Harbor reviews archive.
- Wonderful experiencecoasterenthusiastbobDined on 6/18/2014Food far exceeded expectations. Atmosphere was perfect. I absolutely love the Cedar Point area to begin with and this is just another gem in the list of places to have an incredible experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bay Harbor- A MUST ExperienceManeroDined on 6/16/2014Upon entering Bay Harbor, we were greeted warmly and relaxed in the beautiful bar area with a glass of Prosecco. We dined by the window, which provided a beautiful view of the boats in the harbor and Lake Erie. The most notable was Lisa, our waitress. She was OUTSTANDING and made our experience memorable. Also, a young man, who was filling water glasses was an amazing individual, who shared great stories and aspirations. The food was amazing, and the olive butter to die for! We will definately be returning anytime we are in the Sandusky area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but...TaylDined on 6/5/2014If Bay Harbor wasn't on Ceder Point's property it would be perfect to go to. My boyfriend and I didn't actually go to the amusement park, so the parking fee was silly to pay for just to go to dinner but thank god we walked around a bit to get use out of paying the parking. We went here for a special occasion, and it was pretty quiet and romantic. But beware of Ceder Point families that just stop in to eat. There was a table next to us who where a little loud and obviously not dressed for the restaurant, so that was a buzz kill. Overall, it was great but I wouldn't go back unless I was at the park.Special Features:
- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Was very delicious. Server was very nice and responsive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice for Special OccasionTeraLeeDined on 5/30/2014I surprised my husband by taking him here to celebrate his job promotion. It was very nice and quiet and had a beautiful view of Lake Erie. The food was good but it's expensive. Definitely a special occasion type place for us. I am a flexitarian (not strictly a vegetarian but I don't eat alot of meat) so the menu was a bit challenging for me. We each ordered one drink, 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and 2 desserts and it was $120. Not terrible for a special occasion but that's a bit expensive for everyday dining. This place is not for tourists wanting to try something new while visiting Cedar Point. As far as the dress code, they told me "as long as you don't come in naked" we would be fine.Special Features: