110 S 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.barbuzzo.com/
- Phone: (215) 546-9300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday to Saturday: 12pm-3pm
Dinner: Nightly: 5pm - 12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Marcie B Turney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Barbuzzo Restaurant
Barbuzzo is a Mediterranean restaurant and bar located in the trendy Midtown Village area of center city. We serve small plates intended to share. With a wood-burning oven for pizzas & roasting, Barbuzzo’s menu features rustic, hand crafted regional fare such as: Grilled Octopus with fingerlings, roasted peppers & soppressata; Parsnip ravioli with duck ragu and roasted pears; Uovo Pizza with brussel leaves, guanciale, & truffle farm egg. Menu items range in price from $3 to $32. Barbuzzo has a full bar featuring Mediterranean wines, craft beers and cocktails. We have bar and counter seating overlooking the open kitchen available for walk ins.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Barbuzzo Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Barbuzzo Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
432 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (340)neighborhood gem (217)hot spot (197)romantic (116)special occasion (110)great for lunch (86)vibrant bar scene (81)late-night find (60)great for outdoor dining (55)notable wine list (44)good for groups (20)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)Show More
- Celebrated the Beaujolais NouveauJustMeDined on 11/20/2014Changed plans with a friend after getting an email about the neighborhood celebration of the arrival of the new Beaujolais. We were not disappointed: the wine was lovely and the charcuterie plate they prepare to match with the wine was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Exceptional!!!HungryinHorshamVIPDined on 11/17/2014Still my go to place for impressing out of town guests, their food, presentation and preparation will WOW your friends and out of town guests. Barbuzzo still exemplifies why Philly is one of the greatest restaurant towns in the US, but gets no cred.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJennyDined on 11/15/2014Best food we have eaten in years. European portions. Fresh and delicious ingredients. Charming service. We are going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014One of my favorite restaurants in the city. Don't miss the ricotta appetizer, the ouvo pizza, and budinos for dessert....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/11/2014Food was good but habitually under seasoned probably due to the cook's generally disengaged demeanor and disinterest. The arancini was cold in the center and lacked any notes of squash or pumpkin. Server seemed a bit arrogant and our service, while not rushed, seemed to inconvenience him because we didn't place our entire order at one time. We were disappointed being that we have dined at all of chef's other restaurants and been absolutely thrilled with our experiences.
- 'Shared' ExperienceEarly517Dined on 11/10/2014Tappas Plates are Great to Share. Each dish is so tasty, it would be a shame NOT to Share!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizza!YD50Dined on 11/8/2014This was our first time to visit Philadelphia and we were staying about 5 minutes from Barbuzzo's. It was the perfect place to take our son and his wife, who were also visiting, to lunch. The pizza was tasty and filling, and we could easily share other items on the menu. Some sausages and the mozzarella cheese were homemade and the vegetables were seasonal and very fresh. The tables are small and seating is cozy but we were fine with this. We were in the city for only two days and were lucky to experience this little gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful!!LisaGDined on 11/7/2014I never get tired of coming here. The food was delicious and the service was fast, courteous and friendly. I loved it, as I always do!Special Features:
- Great food and drinks.PegDatDined on 11/6/2014Our party of 5 celebrated a birthday. Our reserved table was ready on time and we all enjoyed the food. The restaurant was tightly packed, but everything flowed smoothly. Drinks were strong and delicious, as was all of the food. We loved the intriguing food choices - not your typical Italian fare. We would definitely return.Special Features:
- Amazing as usualJmh1026Dined on 11/5/2014One of my favorites, food is always amazing, service very accomodating but not intrusive. Awesome experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy Mediterranean PerfectionKmil321VIPDined on 11/5/2014This is the place for Foodies, each dish perfection. Love the energetic hip vibes in this place. Awesome for a girls date, sitting at the bar alone, or a romantic date. The food never disappoints, this was my fourth time here. I will cry if they ever take the sheep's milk ricotta off the menu!Special Features:
- Very disappointingMissamiVIPDined on 11/5/2014Too ambitious with the soup - too many flavors & seasonings, and my burger was not prepared to order...not even close...yet the waitress offered no apology or resolution...only the check. Gee, thanks. This experience was VERY disappointing. With so many other options close-by, I won't be rushing back to Barbuzzo.
- As good as advertised !PcfoodieDined on 11/1/2014Our second trip to Barbuzzo and it was as good and fun as the first time. Dishes are unique yet wonderful and the pizza is a hidden gem. I've never been served something that didn't surprise me in some way. Will go back again !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014"Small plates" here means tiny plates. Food was not brought out together - we had no intention of sharing - and no bread service was available. What? Ridiculously pretentious and clearly a device to protect the kitchen from having to coordinate arrival of dishes. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Loud but goodRoubaix3325VIPDined on 10/31/2014Food was amazing but the restaurant was too small for the amount of people so there super loud. Not a romantic place at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/31/2014One of the top 5 in Phila Consistent and always at the top of it's gameSpecial Features:
- Great experience!LLK605Dined on 10/31/2014We went before the theater. The food, atmosphere and service were terrific! It was a bit noisy but not unbearable. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before a showOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014Service and food was great. Perfect before going to a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdaybonusDined on 10/29/2014Two of us were celebrating our birthdays, and I was also celebrating my retirement - my final day at work is tomorrow - we were a party of 3. I was asked to choose the restaurant, and immediately suggested Barbuzzo, as I had been there a few times and know the food is always excellent, and the presentation uniquely creative! It is certainly a favorite of mine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great outdoor diningwhateverDined on 10/29/2014Inside was terribly noisy, and this was for lunch! They need to turn down the music. Outside it was just one garbage truck after another but was, with all those trucks, still easier to talk than inside. What a shame because the food was really good.Special Features:
- business lunchlogan0203VIPDined on 10/29/2014I had lunch with a client and everything was very good including the food and the service, but the table we were sitting at was very cramped and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- WonderfulFoodloveDined on 10/28/2014Beautiful food -- best in the city right now. Creative preparation. What an exciting and unexpected find this was! I've been hearing about B for a while. Run here -- don't walk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent location -best tapasmarleneVIPDined on 10/28/2014good food, good location, friendly staff- we'll go back!Special Features:
- OutstandingMangiaVIPDined on 10/27/2014Food and service... Just great. I'm still thinking of the mordadella pizza!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An unforgettable mealKateDined on 10/27/2014Every bite of food was delicious - the timing and arrangement of the varied small plates ordered by our group of four was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad I finally got to go!lizsp33Dined on 10/27/2014I've been wanting to try Barbuzzo for years, but either had too large of a group or just couldn't get a reservation. The food was excellent, and I love that you can get small plates to try different things. My group had the tortelli, gnocchi, short ribs, brussel sprouts, and spaghetti. We also had a few desserts, but I didn't get dessert so I can't recall exactly what they were. We had a lot of pasta because there was a vegetarian in the group. The gnocchi might have been my favorite, but the short ribs were delicious. I love short ribs and theirs was trimmed perfectly so you don't have to cut half of it away because it's too fatty. I would definitely go back and highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Excellent mealnannett001Dined on 10/25/2014My friend and I dined here for the first time last weekend. The food was excellent. The dishes were on the small side, but with an appetizer and a desert they were perfect. I really enjoyed the pumpkin-themed tiramisu. My friend had the pudding with caramel and sea salt and said it was the best desert she ever had. My only complaint would be the noise level and the fact that our table was kind of squeezed into the entrance, making it a bit difficult to both hear and navigate one's way around.Special Features:
- Pre Symphony DinnerCatherineBDined on 10/25/2014We have eaten here a few times and it is always excellent. Many choices of small plates to share. This is a TINY place so be prepared to be close to your neighbors. Noise level was fairly high, but overall no complaints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy. Tasty. Loud.PhillyFillyDined on 10/24/2014Larger portions than tapas. Small and crowded. Super loud, don't expect to have a conversation without yelling an/or repeating yourself. We had a rather intoxicated woman practically screaming behind us, rude. Salted caramel budino was the best course (dessert) of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Fabulous food. Small plates were great for sharing, waitress knew her stuff!!!Special Features:
- CONSISTENCYPhilsPhanDined on 10/23/2014The best thing about Barbuzzo is their consistency, by far! The drinks, the staff, their welcoming service and of course the food. I've been there many times and it keeps getting better and never ceases to amaze me with their flavors. As a restaurant GM who is also a trained chef, I know and appreciate the efforts of the Exec. Chef, owners , management and staff. You've got me as a customer for the long haul, thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BadmoodzoMealquest232Dined on 10/23/2014My outlook on the evening would have been completely different if our waiter had the same people skills as the host or the people bringing our food but he simply did not. I found him at times to be rude and we had one of those feelings that we were always bothering him by our requests. Maybe he was just in a bad mood not sure. The food was great we got two pizzas both of them were excellent, the margherita was perhaps one of the best I had ever eaten. Too bad the evening was spoiled by a seemingly annoyed waiter.Special Features:
- kikiVIPDined on 10/22/2014Fabulous food. Energetic atmosphere - meaning smaller space with tables close together so can be noisy - in a fun way. Will try to go there anytime I back in Philadelphia.Special Features:
- Great placePhillyPhoodieDined on 10/21/2014They do real Mediterranean food in an artistic and very flavorful way. Really top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food, Too DarkFrecklesDined on 10/20/2014Call me old, but I need a little more light to see the outlines of the menu, let alone what is written on it. But the food was excellent and fairly priced, and the service was good. Barbuzzo should provide tiny flashlights for reading by!Special Features:
- BarbuzzoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014No need to return - very good food but had to use the flashlight on my I Phone to read the menu and see the food delivered to the table. As mentioned the food was very good except pumpkin ravioli which was ok but way overpriced. Restaurant too crammed. A one and done experience for meSpecial Features:
- Too Dark and NoisyMadJaneDined on 10/18/2014The food was good, but the ambiance totally offputting. It's so dark one can't read the menu without a flashlight. The tables are so close together that one has no privacy at all. The noise level is deafening. Lose the music.
- Wonderful place for everyone!Nan791Dined on 10/18/2014An older couple always in search for great food, we found Barbuzzo a place with buzz, up-to-date, creative food --and helpful wait staff. This is our third or fourth visit (Oct 2014) since last year. Everyone orders the salted caramel bodino, with flavors of dissolving caramel, bits of chocolate, and a creamy base. Pizza is also good--wood-fired, toppings that can be tasted because mozzarella isn't over all. The restaurant is very small but top-notch in offering a good time on a weekend night; lines are always out the door. Try anything they offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Kids FavoriteFordVIPDined on 10/18/2014Every time we visit our children at college we must go to Barbuzzo. The Opentable app comes in very handy when we get the frantic call from our son reminding us to make a reservation (which is often very hard to get). Food is original and great and during the warmer months eating outside, and watching the people pass by, is great.Special Features:
- Busy fun area for lunchDissapointingDishVIPDined on 10/18/2014Nice shops, several restaurants outdoor eating..hard to walk on sidewalk in certain spots. Met friend for lunch, first ones in @ noon when place opened. Told hostess, if possible, please don't seat people next to us, want to talk, been awhile since we saw each other.Tables too close together. Within 15 min, she is bringing back 2 women..who didn't want to sit next to us either. Place empty. WHY do they do that??? Bugers different taste..very good. Friend had a pork sandwich & enjoyed it. We'd go back...nice for lunch. Drinks creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.