Barbianca Local Kitchen
13480 Maxella Ave
Marina Del Rey, CA 90292Neighborhood:
Marina del Rey
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Barbianca Local Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.hotelmdr.com/barbianca-marina-del-rey-restaurants.php
- Phone: 310-577-6039x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:00am - 11:00am.
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 1:00pm.
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Italian, Californian
- Executive Chef: Larry Monaco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Barbianca Local Kitchen
Mix a spoonful of northern Italian fare with a dash of Napa Valley sensibilities and you get Barbianca Local Kitchen – an all-new eatery located inside Hotel MdR. Live the So Cal lifestyle firsthand with our open floor plan that features indoor and outdoor dining resulting in an ever-changing restaurant experience. Of course, the real reason to visit Barbianca is the food, which is quite simply, “delizioso!”Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Barbianca Local Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (3)romantic (3)fit for foodies (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not ItalianRogerdodgerDined on 8/28/2014This is not an Italian restaurant. It's just an extension of the hotel, with a bar and tables outside next to a small hotel pool. Only good if you happen to be staying at the hotel, and don't want to go out.
- power was outhappyglobaldinerDined on 8/16/2014When we arrived for dinner, a sign in front of the restaurant said the power was out. Unfortunately we were not informed the restaurant was closed even though we had made reservations. We wish for better luck with other diners.
- Food Good, Service SlowMoFoodyDined on 8/5/2014The place appeared to be understaffed and there was no one to greet us upon arrival for lunch at 12:30, which I would have assumed to be rush hour. The food was good, but arrived very slowly: 20 minutes for appetizers and another 20 minutes for salads and pizza. That said, I would try again particularly if I hear that service improves a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MAGICALAwesomeDined on 7/19/2014Loved the place and food was fresh. Staff was very clean and extremely friendly.Special Features:
- Loved the food!GinaDined on 7/14/2014We were pretty much the only patrons at the time (1:00 in the afternoon) but that was fine. Service was casual and attentive. We ordered off the menu rather than the Dine LA special. Really enjoyed our meal and will go again. The only minus was the piped in music but it was from the hotel and not the restaurant....Next time we will eat inside as the music is not piped in there!Special Features:
- happydinerVIPDined on 6/7/2014a combination of hotel bar and restaurant. Outdoor seating with hotel small pool view. waiter told us could not adjust the heater that was right above us and could not turn it off. limited menu but food was decent. good for hotel restaurant. Not very expensive either. Overall good experience for a casual night out.
- Lunchtime delight!WineAndDineVIPDined on 5/31/2014It was our first time to Barbianca, but it won't be our last! The service was extraordinary, and the food was fabulous! Diner's must try the polenta if they want their taste buds to enjoy an explosion of flavor! We will definitely return with friends!Special Features:
- Delicious memoryMJD2inPDRVIPDined on 5/23/2014We live in the neighborhood and decided to try a new place for Friday night date night. It was a delightful surprise! It feels like a modern, family operated restaurant that is warm and welcoming. However, even better was the food. We enjoyed the brucetta board choices, a salad and the wonderful salmon for an entree...delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 1 reviews are from the Barbianca Local Kitchen reviews archive.
- Delicious!JohnVIPDined on 4/22/2014Glad I came here shortly after it opened, as I'm sure it will be getting crowded shortly. The bruschetta was fabulous!!! We got the roma tomato, the heirloom tomato and the artichoke ones....delicious! I had the polenta as an appetizer (but it could have served as a meal)...delicious! For my final dish I had the prosciutto pizza...delicious! Everything was fresh and flavorful, and the service was fantastic! Will definitely be coming back to try more food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.