901 Louisiana Ave
New Orleans, LA 70115Neighborhood:
CreolePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://atchafalayarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5048919626x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner - Seven Days: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm -10:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Brunch - Five Days: Monday, Thursday, Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American, Creole
- Executive Chef: Christopher Lynch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our upstairs dinning room accommodates 30 people with porch access to the outside.
- Private Party Contact: Rachael Jaffe 5048919626x
- Entertainment: Live Music during Saturday & Sunday Brunch.
A word from Atchafalaya Restaurant
Atchafalaya Restaurant is a true New Orleans neighborhood eatery. Neighbors, locals, and out of town guests return often for a great Louisiana food experience, highlighted by attentive service, time- tested favorites, and tasty new creations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerCreole
Atchafalaya Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Atchafalaya Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
218 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (162)fit for foodies (142)great for brunch (130)special occasion (90)romantic (66)good for groups (44)hot spot (36)notable wine list (33)great for lunch (31)great for outdoor dining (17)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (14)scenic view (5)late-night find (2)Show More
- Definitely a gemdebhallDined on 9/21/2014In a town filled with good eateries, this restaurant still stands out. It is cozy, yet elegant. Comfortable, yet stylish. When not licking your chops, there is lots of eye candy to peruse with interesting art and architecture. This setting is part of what makes Atchfalaya such a standout. The menu has much to recommend it. I went pretty tradtional with a chicken liver appetizer and shrimp and grits. My dining partner went with the specials - softshell crab appetizer and fish of the day swordfish. It was all lovely and we could not have been more pleased with our choices. My only disappointment was that the servings were so generous I had no room for dessert. I really had my heart set on the five-spice pumpkin bread pudding. Next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy thissharonVIPDined on 9/20/2014We've been to Atchafalaya a number of times now and have enjoyed it every time. The food is exciting; always a bit different but always very good. The building is beautifully decorated and the service is attentive. The crab ear ravioli is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but could be greattravelerandfoodieDined on 9/18/2014This is a cute little neighborhood place with great ambiance. The bar is on the left upon entering and has a really good selection. For dinner we had Shrimp and Grits, Hickory Smoked Steak and lastly Drum. All three dishes were perfectly seasoned but a little cold. The steak was also undercooked. Service was also noticeable as our waitress, while professional, also clearly was rushed and mainly wanted to push items on us. It's a cool place with great food and a nice atmosphere but they do have some issues that need to be addressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014While visiting NOLA for a business conference, a member of one of the sessions I attended highly recommended Atchafalaya! My group was extremely happy with the experience. The food, service and establishment were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Far from New OrleansBrooklynBobVIPDined on 9/18/2014This place was a $20 cab ride from the Quarter. The foor was crestive. Good but not great. Very pleasant service.Special Features:
- Never DisappointsLauraGDined on 9/14/2014Food is always creative and fresh. Service is always excellent. A great place for a high-end meal in a comfortable environment. And check out the tree relief carved into the wall!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood hangout!ValentineGirlVIPDined on 9/13/2014This wonderful restaurant is the kind you wished was in your own neighborhood--not just in New Orleans. Imaginative menu, delicious food, beautiful presentation...not much more one could ask for when dining out. Fried green tomatoes-outta this world; chicken-savory & spicy; charcuterie board-transcending. In love with French 75s--my new, fav go-to drink this summer. Atchafalaya makes the best one I've had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in NOLACHRISTYVIPDined on 9/13/2014Best meal of many great ones during our weekend in NOLA. Live music, great vibe, and fantastic brunch food. The Bloody Mary bar was also terrific.Special Features:
- Wonderful place.NicknameDined on 9/12/2014It was the first visit and with such a solid first impression, I'm sure it will be the first of a many. We ordered small plates so as to sample as many dishes as possible and all were delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious! and accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Delicious food, everything was outstanding. Great service. Very accommodating to food allergies as well, took the time to verify and double check with the chef and made us at ease about concerns. Gluten Free Friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE!hungry405VIPDined on 9/8/2014We celebrated our NOLA elopement at Atchafalaya - the owners were so gracious and set up a beautiful table, including complimentary champagne and appetizer. The bartender was friendly and made great craft drinks. The food was incredible and the service was outstanding. We can't wait to come back. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- and it looks good, tooNOLADDDDined on 9/8/2014went for brunch/early lunch so the crowd was small. staff as good as ever. so was the food. i very much enjoyed the fried green tomatoes/crab/egg dish. atchafalaya isn't only a tasty place to eat, it is an attractive one, too. they've managed to create a pretty, well-decorated space without forgetting that the real test of a restaurant is the quality of the meal. so, food, service, surroundings. what more could you ask?Special Features:
- Not memorableSpeedmacVIPDined on 9/7/2014Not worth a write up or a return. Food was not good, service lapsed and the place is weirdly managed.
- WOW!!!WineanddinemeDined on 9/7/2014Out of this world amazing food! I have been for both dinner and brunch and they are easily two of the best meals of my life! Creative flavors in both the food and cocktails, paired with an intimate setting at dinner or lively jazz brunch make this place a do not miss! Will recommend Atchafalaya to anyone who comes to town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeeDined on 9/7/2014The best Sunday brunch in New Orleans. Once again brought visiting out of town guests here.They were delighted. Food and service were terrific and they loved the self-make bloody mary bar.Special Features:
- Local fine dining at its finest!Never2Bougie4burgersDined on 9/6/2014Great vibe, great chef, owner, mixologists, and servers. I usually don't even do reviews on Open Table or Yelp, but they've earned the love. Solid top five in Nola. The menu is the perfect size, wine list, and cocktails are great. Anyways, you get the point. Go there, eat, drink, and be merry!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014Poor Service. My friends and I wanted to take our time dining...start with appetizers and then go on to dinner. Our waiter insisted that we must make all our selections when we placed our food order. Said the kitchen insisted; as they had to plan on what was coming out of the kitchen. We said we were not worried if one or more items was no longer available when we wanted to place our order. The waiter still insisted. So we place our order and ended up with more food than we would have normally ordered if left to take out time.Special Features:
- Love this spot in my neighborhood.JandalsDined on 9/5/2014Everything was delicious. Our party tried all the specials and a wide selection of seafood entries. One of the top Shrimp and grits around. It was a challenge - but we saved room for dessert and we're rewarded by amazing cobbler of the day that we've been talking about for a week. Delicious dining and fun experience. It is a noisier environment - so if that us a deal breaker, this may not be the place for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent fooddikeenyDined on 9/1/2014The foid was excellent. Seating was uncomfortable...crowded and very old shaky chairs. The restaurant was extremely noisy and crowded. Service was a bit slow. Npise level made it hard to have conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved It!cndrelaDined on 9/1/2014This was an excellent experience. First time here and will definitely return and recommend to friends. The food was so good and the Bloody Mary bar is not to be missed! We loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- njoyfoodnjoyfoodVIPDined on 8/31/2014This is a great place to eat. My girl friend NEVER eats sea food, but she liked the special I had ordered, and it was some of the best crawfish fettuccine I have eaten. This is the first time I have eaten here, but it want be the last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding FoodArklaw48VIPDined on 8/31/2014We had Sunday brunch here and everyone was pleased! The Bloody Mary bar, live music and food were all excellent. I had one of the egg dishes over a crab cake with creole hollandaise sauce and brunch potatoes and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten! Definitely recommend reservations as it was quite crowded!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Excellent food choices and attentive but not hovering staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MelsieDined on 8/28/2014This was the best meal we had in New Orleans. I had the special soft shell crab and the special fish of the day and was in heaven. Everyone loved their meals! The butternut squash vichyssoise was so good, as were the meatballs. Everything was perfect and they even had a taxi waiting for us. We were staying in the French Quarter and I was so glad we hopped in a taxi and went to this gem. Several others had recommended it to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantNOLAGirlDined on 8/27/2014This is the second time in a month that I have eaten at Cafe Atchafalaya, and the food and service have been superb both times. The only negative thing I can say about the restaurant is the inside temperature -- it was very warm in there the other night. I asked the manager to lower the thermostat, but I don't think he did. All the servers were sweating, which is not real appetizing. As the restaurant filled up, it got even hotter, but the manager never adjusted the thermostat to account for this. Please lower the thermostat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time I've had a bad mealLizNDined on 8/25/2014I love Cafe Atchafalaya! Normally, anyway... I had the fish tacos this time and they were inedible. Fish was advertised to be black drum, which is a nice white fish. It was more chewy than over cooked chicken. The purple potatoes (who puts purple potatoes in fish tacos anyway?) were very hard and undercooked, and were not something I would have enjoyed in the fish tacos even if well cooked. The shredded cabbage was virtually nonexistent. The fried plantains on the side tasted burned. Bummer! My friends liked their dishes and I usually enjoy the restaurant but I'll avoid the fish tacos when I go back! Great ambiance, great service, lots of fun with a Bloody Mary bar!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereSmb1Dined on 8/24/2014I came here on a weeknight recently. The host was very accommodating, the bartenders were able to suggest a very lovely wine, and the food was fantastic. I had left overs and couldn't wait to eat them for lunch the next day.Special Features:
- Great FindDiningLoverDined on 8/24/2014Excellent out of the way restaurant on a quiet street. Good service and delicious food. The best fried green tomatoes I've ever had. They were topped with lump crab meat - unbelievably, delicious!!! I had the black drum and it was wonderful. My husband had lamb meatballs and they were also very good and unusual. Good wine list and very nice servers and bartenders. Very glad we ventured out and tried this restaurant. Would definitely go back. Short ride from Canal Street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchJmfhDined on 8/24/2014This place has it all! Great food, great service, great space! I could eat here every week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/23/2014Waiter didn't introduce herself and never seemed to engage with us. She was prompt, kept drinks filled, etc. just not that extra friendliness that is the usual New Orleans experience. Other servers and Hostess were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans GemLuvLauderdaleDined on 8/20/2014I found Atchafalaya on Open Table and based on the ratings decided to try it. It is in the "Garden District" but off the beaten path. The decor is very interesting and comfortable. The music was great, non-obtrusive and enticing. The food was even better. I tried New Orleans specialties prepared by the chef and each one was great!! The waiter was knowledgeable and friendly. She chose a wine for me which was delicious and reasonably priced. I would definitely return on my next visit the "Big Easy".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BrunchNola31Dined on 8/18/2014A great option for a business meal on Monday lunchtime when many restaurants are not open. Crab Louis salad delicious and very fresh tasting.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchsdd88Dined on 8/17/2014Had an 1145 am reservation for Sunday brunch. Arrived a little early around 1120. We were not seated until about 1230. This is WITH a reservation. We we offered a round of drinks and from there on out food and service were both top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night with Fine DiningBetsy72Dined on 8/16/2014We went on a Saturday night after a long work day. The people were welcoming from the moment we walked in the door. The house specialty drinks were tasty. The dining room was well lit when we arrived, but as the evening progressed the room got very dark and we found the use of flashlights blinking so guests could se the menu annoying. The wait staff kept the glasses full and refilled the bread basket as needed. They did forget a side dish and it took awhile to get our entrees. All of our dishes were worth the wait. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We went for brunch and all loved what we ordered. Soft shell crab dish and bellinis were awesome! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BrunchRobmacVIPDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I went here for a weekend brunch and it was great. Cool place, tucked in the Garden District. Seated us a bit before our reservation and everyone was nice and service was consistently good. They accommodated wife's request to "de-head" the shrimp for her shrimp and grits, which were superb. My eggs and bourdan sausage was great. Portions are large. Fun, lively vibe. Had a band playing as well in front bar area, so conversation in the front room can be a bit challenging. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good SurpriseOneTimeNativeVIPDined on 8/11/2014We had not been to Atchafalaya in a while. Had good experiences in the past, but generally just a little under, say, the large selection of very good restaurants on Magazine St. in the Garden District and Uptown. This time the experience was on par with the Magazine St. venues. Creative dishes that were well prepared. Interesting wine list and good cocktails from the bar.Special Features:
- As good as it getsnyomnyomnyomnyomDined on 8/10/2014We found this lovely gem on Yelp, which can sometimes be misleading. But this time it was spot-on! By far one of the nicest dining experiences we have ever had, both from the standpoint of service and quality. The food was fantastic and the staff made us feel like we were their most important customers even though we were obviously just a couple of lowly tourists. Seriously, they were really, really nice, even by New Orleans standards, which are pretty high! Everything was impressive, from the food to the ambiance to the staff. If we are ever in town again, we will definitely be back to this sweet spot in the heart of uptown!Special Features:
- Great BrunchEmilioDined on 8/10/2014Very tasty brunch that includes very creative breakfast items and a bloody mary bar. Bartender also made a pretty killer Pimms Cup. Food took an extremely long time to arrive but it was worth the wait. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better with each visitnicknameVIPDined on 8/9/2014Atchafalaya continues to impress. Excellent cocktails, and the food is excellent. I have a fantastic swordfish special, a fish hard to cook right. Soups and soft-shell crabs great. We will continue to go back.Special Features: