16806 Chesterfield Airport Rd
Chesterfield, MO 63005Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.anniegunns.com/
- Phone: 6365327684x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:30pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Louis Rook, III
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Annie Gunn's commonly host events such as board meetings,retirement parties, anniversaries,weddings,rehearsal dinners,cocktail parties,wine dinners,and personal or company celebrations of all types.
- Private Party Facilities: Annie Gunn's consistently offers abundant portions of prime aged steaks, fresh pristine fish and homemade desserts daily. This is the perfect place for your next event. Our professional, hospitable service and expert event planning will ensure your next event is both memorable and effortless.
- Private Party Contact: Molly Gordon 6365327684x
- Entertainment: NA
- Special Events: Apple Knocker Hard Cider & Owl Creek Vineyard Dinner - Sunday 4/27/14
Siduri/Boar Wine Dinner - Tuesday 5/13/14
Mi Sueno Wine Dinner - Tuesday 6/24/14
"The Smoker" featuring Ridge Vineyards - Monday 10/6/14
Contact us to find out more details or to make a reservation.
A word from Annie Gunn's
Since 1937, once nestled in the middle of cornfields stands the Smokehouse Market. An unpretentious structure, reminiscent of its days as the market for the surrounding Chesterfield area. The store now houses one of St. Louis's most celebrated restaurants, Annie Gunn's. Within its walls, Chef Lou Rook, III works his magic, creating irresistible cuisine with a sophisticated country life accent. In keeping with the concept of "Foods and wines inspired by the richness of country life", Chef Rook uses the best ingredients and the traditions that are most appropriate to them and imbues them with his own talented creative spin within the rhythm of the seasons. Annie Gunn's boasts an award-winning wine list as well.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Annie Gunn's - Best Restaurants in Chesterfield ›
Annie Gunn's reviews from OpenTable diners
231 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (172)notable wine list (127)fit for foodies (122)great for lunch (81)romantic (73)neighborhood gem (72)good for groups (53)hot spot (51)vibrant bar scene (44)great for outdoor dining (31)late-night find (16)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (13)scenic view (5)Show More
- Always outstanding!Mzac25Dined on 9/27/2014The service, food and ambiance is worth the price of admission!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding...TERITOPDined on 9/27/2014Celebrating Mom's 85th birthday! Our dinner was exceptional, excellent service and an incredible wine list. Completely Satisfied and then some.... :)Special Features:
- ellieLDined on 9/27/2014Never a disappointing meal at AG's, but missed the scallops on the menu and there are not a ton of vegetarian choices. The steaks are great, and the bread pudding was huge for sharing and absolutely fantastic. I love that they ask if you are celebrating anything ahead of time and work with you if you have a seating preference. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- Lives up to its reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014We were eating a late dinner so selected a lighter menu and it didn't disappoint. Service is very good but not overdone. We will go back.Special Features:
- Always a good dinnerDlvsmDined on 9/21/2014As always very good! Service is excellent and the wine list is vast but a bit overpriced. Everything was very good and some of the best steaks in town! Shrimp appetizer special was not as great as they were a bit over cooked and very hard but the cheese sampler was awesome! Also had the Halibut and this was excellent and perfectly cooked! Would definite go back again and again.Special Features:
- LunchBuddDined on 9/21/2014The meatloaf is the best that you will ever find. Their selection of ice creams for desert is decadent. The food never disappoints.Special Features:
- Great! As usual!CarguyVIPDined on 9/20/2014Our favorite restaurant ... it never fails to deliver an extraordinary meal. Our server, Judy, was terrific. Helpful advice, just the right amount of attention. Another great experience at Annie Gunn's.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Great ServicejonesfotoVIPDined on 9/16/2014The only even slightly disappointing aspect of our recent dinner at Annie's was the terrible paper napkins that littered our table. Distracting and unsightly, they stuck to the bottoms of our glasses, to the table and to my dining partner's hand. Find new napkins. Otherwise, perfect service, remarkable cuisine and one of the finest bartenders anywhere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brithdayDined on 9/16/2014I took my best girlfriend there for lunch, the food was outstanding. Our waiter was suburb, the apple pie and cinnamon ice cream really great. My only complaint was it was very noisy, it was the noon hour and there several large groups, so it was hard for my friend and to talk and hear each other.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/11/2014My husband and I went to Annie Gunn's to celebrate our anniversary. Upon being seated our waiter started to pour us an alcoholic beverage. We are non-drinkers, so it would have been nice if we would have been asked so that we didn't have to stop him from pouring to inquire about what we were being served. Also, after the meal, we were going to order dessert, but the waiter brought us one and wished us happy anniversary. We thought it was complementary, but then I noticed it was added to our check. If we had known we had to pay for it, we would have ordered something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too loud for the priceloudDined on 9/9/2014we went there on a Tuesday evening at 6pm and inside or "outside" in the in the close off addition, was extremely loud. We had to yell just to hear each other. after 45 min my ears hurt from the noise and throat hurt from yelling just so my date across the table could hear me. It honestly was similar to being at a Rams game and trying to have a conversation.
- AWESOME food!CLWSDined on 9/7/2014Annie Gunn's is one of THE BEST restaurants in the area. It is hard to get a table, but worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceJoeLDined on 9/4/2014We requested on of the "rooms" for dinner and we're accommodated. Food was very good and service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food even better serviceJmflammDined on 8/31/2014Great food! Took a little long which we didn't mind but definitely noticed. Without us saying Anything though we were given free desserts for the inconvenience. Way to go above and beyond! Super friendly staff as well and even called me the day before to confirm everything was in order for the reservation. All around great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and serviceGerryDined on 8/31/2014Went there for lunch to celebrate a birthday. Service and food was excellent. They even provided a birthday desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Fabulous..but noisy area!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Fantastic food but VERY noisy and tables are too close together. We were there celebrating a birthday and there were 9 of us in a group but we all had a difficult time hearing each other because of the noise level. We sat out on the enclosed porch area and would not recommend this seating location if you are trying to go there for a "romantic" dinner b/c you will be disappointed. However, the steaks were amazing and so were the salads.Special Features:
- good but bettermilom100Dined on 8/30/2014So many specials the server ran thru them faster than we could understand her dialogue and I'm in the business 43 years . Some combinations were just not to be paired with each other. Very noisy, slow kitchen times, food was good but not fantastic at those prices you would expect fantastic....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014The most diverse, high quality food in the US! From the chefs, to management, to the waitresses, this place ROCKS!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch breakGrammyDined on 8/29/2014As always the service was great. food well presented and plentifulSpecial Features:
- Fantastic Dinnerewood7725Dined on 8/24/2014We celebrated my wifes birthday on a Sunday night. The food, service staff, and wine were all excellant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014we were give 5 star treatment for our anniversary it has became a favSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerChitownvisitorDined on 8/24/2014Once again an outstanding dinner at Annie Gunns!! Great food and a terrific server!! The tomato salads were exceptionally good. We have been going to this restaurant for many years and it never disappoints us, whether it's for drinks and the great wings or steaks and seafood!!Special Features:
- Darlene's service was impeccable!DKSB88Dined on 8/23/2014Third time in a year that we've visited, but every intention of heading there more often than that in the future. (We're new to the area.) Originally we were on the patio, but 80 yr old Dad wouldn't have been able to hear anything. They quickly accommodated us inside where the noise level was better for him. Dinner was very good and our server was fantastic. Highlights for us: Prussian pearls (fancy oysters on the half shell - I only eat Oysters on the Half here!), Smoked shrimp & lamb chops. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Food is excellent Service is wonderful - both the server and management came by to ensure everything we ordered was per our request The only negative comment is the entry area of the restaurant - when you walk in you are basically right in the bar Perfect place for celebrating special occasions - anniversary, birthdays, graduation, etc.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/19/2014Very pricey. While the meat was good, he sides were chintzy. Longhorns just as good.Special Features:
- Mark CzarneckiMarkDined on 8/19/2014Had a small dinner party for my girlfriend's 50th birthday. The staff was very helpful in the preparations and service. The food was incredible. My girlfriend has talked about it for 2 days. Fabulous!!!! I would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Would highly recommend the chicken fried steak and apple pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentsatisfiedDined on 8/16/2014This is our third visit to Annie Gunns. As usual the steaks were perfect. Two members of our party ordered seafood, and this was excellent as well. Service outstanding- knowledgeable and prompt. We will be back for our next special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - not a quiet placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014We enjoyed ourselves, but it was definitely a louder place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentstlfoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Dinner here is always good. We had a couple of only good versus great items....my tuna steak sat under a heat lamp unfortunately....but overall it's still a great, traditional choice in west county.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014We normally go every year for our anniversary,but decided to go for my husbands birthday this year. Food was wonderful, we each had the six once filet. Melt in your mouth wonderful! Waiter brought a pice of pie with cinnamon ice cream with a birthday candle in it for my husband. Truly thoughtful!Special Features:
- Excellence in HospitalityYumyumDined on 8/14/2014From the moment we arrived we knew we were in a special place. We escorted to our table immediately. One of our group was in a wheelchair and his chair at the table was already removed. The food was delicious and the service impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client LunchROreviewDined on 8/12/2014Great lunch...really, really strong service...great outdoor lunch on the patioSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014Food is incredible. Good selection, presentation and the service was wonderful. Restaurant/bar is noisy and some patrons were inebriated and loud. Entire restaurant is loud, very noisy almost to unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always incredibleWhiskeyandSobaVIPDined on 8/10/2014Annie Gunn's is always an amazing meal--our last one was no different. The smoked steak with a chipotle pan sauce and the smoked duck dish were both stunning.Special Features:
- DisappointingMeswmDined on 8/10/2014Haphazard service. Food was good, however we waited a very long time for our entree. Annie Gunn's is Too expensive for these mistakes.
- Best in St LouisOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014My Wife and I have been coming to Annie Gunn's for several years now, mainly for special occasions, and they have never disappointed. We've been to many "fine dining" establishments in several large cities and Annie Gunn's is the standard by which they are all judged. Only a couple have come close, and only one has matched Annie Gunn's for the quality of food and service. We have never gotten less than perfect service and only once have we not been blown away by the food and presentation, and even then is was "merely" excellent. Always a warm atmosphere, always great service, and always stellar food. It's what keeps us coming back from over 2 hours away.Special Features:
- Always Excellent!MissDVIPDined on 8/9/2014Sometimes I forget about Annie Gunns since the location does not appeal to me, but every time I dine there I know it is a great place. I usually order sea food and vegetables or one of their amazing salads. Our server was totally attentive and patient with our special diet questions. It is a great place to take a senior for lunch and one can feel that there are special items that are not found at other restaurants. Food tastes original and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakjohngDined on 8/8/2014Its been a long time since I have had a steak that tasted so good. This place beats Flemings for taste of food.Our service was outstanding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treat.2ofsevenDined on 8/8/2014Made my reservation online for lunch the next day which I loved. Restaurant was packed when we got there but we were lucky enough to sit in a "snug" which is basically a little closed in booth. It was perfect for the 4 of us and our 87 year old dad. We didn't ask for it but were thrilled to have it since it was crowded and pretty loud in the restaurant. Food was outstanding (and expensive) but portions are decent and our server was wonderful. We did have to wait 40 minutes for our lunch to be served which was long for dad but I'm not sure if that's the norm or just an off day. We enjoyed everything about Annie Gunn's and would definitely return.Special Features: