309 West Congress St.
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://aluresavannah.com/
- Phone: 9122332111x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner nightly from 5:00pm until 10:30pm
Bar is open from 4:00pm until 10:30pm Sunday through Thursday, and until midnight on Friday and Saturday.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Zeran
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from a.Lure Savannah
Located in the heart of the historic downtown City Market area, a.lure is an exciting new addition to the Savannah restaurant scene. a.Lure's contemporary American Cuisine with Low Country twists complements our rustic modern ambiance. Our local farm to table philosophy is supplemented by exciting offerings from around the world. You can sample local grouper or big eye tuna flown in from Hawaii just for a.Lure. Regional produce, oysters, blue crab meat, and fresh Georgia shrimp are just a few of the locally sourced items on our menu, as well Nebraska corn fed angus steaks, regional and Niman Ranch pork products, scallops from Maine, and Wagyu beef. We transform these wonderful ingredients into exciting dishes ranging from Low Country influenced offerings to globally inspired fare. Superb service and a gem from our ever expanding wine list will complete an amazing dining experience. Our goal at a.lure is to anticipate all of your needs and to exceed all your expectations.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
a.Lure Savannah - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
a.Lure Savannah reviews from OpenTable diners
140 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (75)romantic (61)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (33)notable wine list (25)good for groups (18)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food lacks punch.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014While the food seems to be prepared with fresh and quality ingredients, the flavor is not there. The drinks are bland.
- Great Affordable FindJoeJoeVIPDined on 8/30/2014From the food to the service to the management, all were above expectations. This will be a new must do, when in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over promised - Under deliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Our initial response was favorable, the overall aesthetic of the restarant is reminenscent of Soho, NYC. Everthing went downhill from there - the service and the food were equally disappointing. The real kicker was how everone we incountered in the establisment acted like it (and they) were FABULOUS. Save your time and money - go elsewhere. It was the worst meal we had in Savannah.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014My hudband and I really enjoyed our dinner at A.lure. We loved the foie gras, the lamb carpaccio and the seafood angel pastas. Awesome! And very attentive service. We will definitely go back there when we are back in Savannah!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealkittyloverDined on 8/23/2014Table awaited our 6:45 reservation. Fast, friendly service. Nice atmosphere, but a bit noisy. As a group of 4, we all had different entries. Everyone of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Did not do deserts or starters.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go again!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great atmosphere, food and staff was amazing. In our table of 4, we all tried something different and everyone's dinner was amazing. The staff was very attentive. Wine list was good with good options at all price points.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDA2176VIPDined on 8/21/2014Great food, great service. One of Savannah's best.
- Found Bliss in Savannahgolfguy66Dined on 8/19/2014From the moment Cassidy seated us to our last sip of perfect coffee, a.Lure never disappointed...not once. Our servers, Sonya and Bill, saw to our every need but without hovering or appearing impatient. Indeed, they seemed genuinely interested in us as people and wanted to make sure our dining experience was first rate. Their recommendations of both food and wine were totally on target, though as outstanding as the food is at a.Lure, I doubt they could steer a diner wrong even if they wanted to. And the food? Beyond good. My Thai snapper was beautifully presented and perfectly prepared to the last bite. My bride, who loves scallops, declared hers the best she's ever had. First course, salad, dessert - outstanding. Would crawl back.Special Features:
- Great flavorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I ordered the chicken livers, shrimp & grits, and chicken & waffles. All had great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- careyDined on 8/16/2014Our food was delicious, from the cheese plate and scallops we had as apps to the fried chicken with waffles and swordfish we ate for our meals. The cocktail list was inventive and fun. Charming and upbeat atmosphere. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite Southern Contemporary!!misterpeejDined on 8/16/2014We had an early dinner at Alure this past August, and I must say that this was one of the most exquisite dining experiences I have had in my life. Reservations were at 6:45 - we arrived 30 minutes early and were immediately accommodated. The service was fast, friendly, and knowledgeable. For appetizer, we started off with Lamb Carpaccio and Seared Scallops. Both dishes were fresh, cooked to perfection, and portioned perfect for an appetizer. Highly recommended. For entrees, we had Shrimp and Grits as well as Pork Shank. The shrimp entree was light and creamy and very flavorful, the pork shank was a big portion and brilliantly cooked . Dessert we had bourbon pecan pie with fresh homemade ice cream - WOW! Overall 5 stars! 100% Will return!!!Special Features:
- Delightful dinning experienceryndromaDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I dinned here during a vacation to Savannah. The whole experience was very pleasant. We had a great waiter, wish I could remember his name. The manager stopped by to see how we were enjoying the food, always feels good to have that level of care shown. After looking at numerous restaurants in the area for our classy dinner night, we choose a.Lure largely because they had a menu that stood out from the rest. So many of the other restaurants could have menu names swapped and you'd hardly notice. a.Lure broke from that and did it well. I would without hesitation recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Foie gras pate with Cabernet onions and poached cherries was incredible, the combination of rich and sweet was very well put together. The pork shank was fork tender and delicious, set atop garlic grits and glazed with a charred tomato demi. A. Lure is a can't miss spot in savannahSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature DishSnapperDined on 8/9/2014This trendy restaurant reviewed well so thought we'd indulge. So glad we did. The ambient décor, friendly service enticed us. The rabbit ravioli and fried green tomatoes were a great start with our martinis-- a take on the traditional mojito was delicious. For our entrees, I tried one of the signature dishes, a Thai Snapper and it did not disappoint. My wife tried the filet mignon and unfortunately, the hostess claimed "quality control issues" while we waited for her dish. That should have been our cue to stay away from beef in a region specializing in seafood. The end result was a filet mignon that was sub-par and I would not recommend. Otherwise, our experience was memorable and I would give a.Lure a solid 3.5 stars (-1 for filet mignon).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Low Country BoilLorieDined on 8/8/2014Loved the spin on the low country boil! Adding the collards and crab cake was an excellent touch! I love fresh cream corn but not sure about the flan. It was pretty but for me, I would have preferred fresh shaved corn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & staff; poor facilitiesLloyd204Dined on 8/2/2014Locals. Anniversary and birthday celebration. Food was superb, staff was attentive, sensitive to disabilities. Downsides were that it took almost an hour to receive entree, wife never received drink order due to server misunderstanding, tables were very close to one another so that noise level was unacceptable. Ultimate insult was that this restaurant has only one w.c. -- and it's unisex! Had others waiting to use it; took me three trips to finally secure use of the room and within minutes others were seeking its use. Waiter apologized, attributed it to the age of building. Totally unacceptable! BTW, moisture of overhead pipes had to be manually wiped by staff with towel attached to rod. Will not return or recommend.
- cru42Dined on 8/2/2014Centrally located close to the City Market, a.Lure is a great neighborhood restaurant with excellent service, a nice bar area, and a fine menu of local favorites.Special Features:
- OutstandingSouthernManDined on 8/2/2014We tried a.Lure during Restaurant Week and what a delightful surprise. The interior was modern and elegant. The service was friendly and attentive. And the food......was outstanding! Between the two of us we tried the Tomato Bisque, Caesar salad, beef medallions with asparagus and mashed potatoes and the sorbet and chocolate torte. Every dish was delicious. We would highly recommend a.Lure to our friends and we look forward to returning for another exquisite meal. Thank you a.Lure!Special Features:
- Enjoyable anniversary dinner!!!bobdar35Dined on 8/1/2014Came to Savannah for our 35th wedding anniversary. Looked online and saw great reviews. Decided to try it especially since there were some delicacies on the menu that we have never tried, specifically the rabbit ravioli and the duck. We were not disappointed. My wife wanted to pick up the dish from the ravioli and lick the sauce out of the bowl. Great atmosphere and better service. Planning another trip to Savannah and we will go back!!!Special Features:
- A.Lure Is Heaven in a RestaruantmojorobiVIPDined on 7/31/2014After hearing several tourists and local food critics rave for months, I finally had the chance to dine in and it was well worth the wait. A.Lure's atmosphere rivals the restaurants in Manhattan's West Village. The food was delectable as the pork shank literally melts in your mouth. The quality of service was the biggest surprise. I'm always nervous about visiting new places during "Restaurant Week" because the high volume of patrons usually compromises the dining experience. However, the A.Lure was fully staffed and prepared to exceed all of my expectations. I'm looking forward to returning. To the A.lure staff, -Thank you! Score: 10/10. The Perfect Dining ExperienceSpecial Features:
- Best Restaurant week dinnerElizabethDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit during restaurant week to a.lure. The choices were all very good and we enjoyed the whole experience. The staff was a little too attentive, always asking if everything was ok. Better that than ignoring I guess. The dessert was very slow in coming, we almost finished our coffee by the time it came. A big pet peeve of ours, coffee and dessert not timed together. Our waitress Kristen was very nice and except for the dessert gave us very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreekGodVIPDined on 7/29/2014While some of the flavors were tasty ("peas and carrots," open rabbit ravioli and seafood pasta), the sauces were a bit heavy (lots of cream). The biscuits and bread at the start were disappointingly dry. Service was also a bit strange (waiter never looked us in the eye) and the menu items as advertised on Opentable were not necessarily available. Time to update. What was the most troubling, though, was that the restaurant week items, like the caesar salad were noticeably smaller, as if those that are paying less get less (only tomato soup and salad were the restaurant week appetizers). In the 4 days that we spent in Savannah, this was by far the most inconsistent and unsatisfying meal. There are better for sure.
- Great Date NightlslovesfoodDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I decided to go on a dinner date on a Sunday night and picked A.Lure. The food was great, the choice of beverages were good, the service was wonderful and overall our evening was deliciously wonderful. Thanks!Special Features:
- Awesome Dinner Experience!CathiDVIPDined on 7/27/2014We went to A.Lure on restaurant week to try it out. We were so impressed! Beautiful inside in a casual way. The wait staff is fabulous and the food was so good! Healthy even! I think this may be my new favorite Savannah restaurant. I had the tenderloin medallions and it was wonderful!Special Features:
- Dad's BirthdayChuckVIPDined on 7/26/2014It took a little while to be seated and we did have reservations. It was, however, Restaurant Week here in Savannah so they were busy. The service was still great and the food was better. I had the seafood pasta which was al dente! abundant morsels of scallops, clams, shrimp, fish, and more! their contemporary take on a low country boil was creative and tasty. My dad who was celebrating his 50th bday had the shrimp and grits which was excellent. Even their cocktails were good. I had the basil lemonade. I worked as concierge at the Marshall House and I have to say this place impressed me.Special Features:
- Good food, but no need to returnDubCDined on 7/26/2014Food was very good as was the service. Shrimp and grits were excellent, as was the wine. The scallops were very good, but small; for a coastal town, I expected two large dry packed scallops, not the same one's I can get back in PA. Service was very good; which you would expect at a higher end restaurant. Overall, a very good choice for dinner.
- 1st Visit Great ImpressionVanessaVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was my first time visiting this restaurant. The service was great and the food was superb. I will most definitely be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suszDined on 7/25/2014We dined during restaurant week and the selections were perfect. From the moment we entered a.lure until leaving our service and attention was wonderful.Special Features:
- ExcellentLjMackDined on 7/25/2014This restaurant is excellent! Everything about it stood out. The staff were very nice. It was an inviting atmosphere. The food was excellent! The drinks were great as well. We enjoyed their version of low country boil. It was hands down different but everything of awesomeness. We'll definitely be dining here from time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 75knitterVIPDined on 7/17/2014Celebrated our anniversary here. Exceptional food,service ,ambiance. Little extras made the evening very special. Thanks a.lureSpecial Features:
- ATLfoodieDined on 7/11/2014We ordered the specials - food was great - fresh, seasonal, and prepared well. Kudos to the chef for having original and tasty dishes! The restaurant is quiet, but has a nice ambiance. The staff was very accommodating.Special Features:
- FantasticAmyintheAtlDined on 7/11/2014We stumbled into this restaurant by chance and we were so happy we did. The food was delicious. We had the fried green tomatoes and deviled eggs. For dinner the duck was amazing and the shrimp and grits some of the best I have ever had. But if you want the best thing on the menu, try the pecan pie for dessert. It was amazing! We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 Great DishesMartyDined on 7/11/20142nd time visiting Savannah, this time with 21 yr old son, I let him pick the restaurant, my only requirement was "It has to have Low Country". Wow this did not disappoint. Be sure to try : Low Country Boil (though not everything boiled, crab cake is fried); "Peas and Carrots" (grilled scallops on top of risotto" and they had a fish of the day grouper that was superb. Dessert was killer too - dark chocolate pecan pie and goat cheese souffle (you read that right - just try it!) Great city, great food, great restaurant!Special Features:
- Inovative SouthernTnttownVIPDined on 7/11/2014aLure offers innovative takes on traditional southern dishes. The preparation on the fried green tomatoes was the best I think I've ever had, adding a little kick to the sauce and topping it with a south of the border fresh relish. The Fish of the Day was surrounded by very nicely roasted fresh vegetables that still had a nice bite to them. The fish was fresh and cooked well. The only disappointment of the meal was the shrimp and grits. They didn't have enough spice for my taste and the grits were not cooked as well as the other dishes we ate. All in all, it was a great meal.Special Features:
- a.Lure was great !foodfanaticDined on 7/10/2014It was our first time dining at a.Lure, and George our waiter described the dishes to perfection. We shared the rabbit ravioli as an appetizer, and I wish I had gotten one all for myself. It was decadent! My husband ordered the seafood pasta with crab, scallops and shrimp in a delicious cream sauce with angel hair pasta. I had the duck, which was cooked perfectly at medium rare. We will definitely go back and hopefully we will leave room for dessert next time. They had a frozen goat cheese souffle, and a chocolate bourbon pecan pie that sounded heavenly.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dessert, wish we ate dinner!IheartfoodVIPDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I came here for dessert, which did not disappoint. We checked the dinner menu and would have liked to come back if we were in town another day. Based on the detail in the dessert, I would assume some of the dinner selections that sounded tasty would be. Service was also excellent!Special Features:
- foodie heavenNinaisuDined on 7/6/2014Classic dishes with unique flair. Blue cheese ice cream paired with lamb carpaccio...delish. Melt in your mouth beef tenderloin. Great wine list that's reasonably priced. Jason, our server, was very knowledgeable and in love with the food. We had a good time with him. .. He just added an extra element to a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch servicesteveoDined on 7/4/2014Service, friendliness and food are second to none. Excellent shrimp and grits, perfect scallops. Definitely try this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed2touristsDined on 7/3/2014Food and service very good. The staff was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great intro to SavannahSteeeveVIPDined on 7/3/2014Nice restaurant, really good food. Will be going back again.I would recommend this to a friend.