Alexander's on 30th
3391 30th St.
San Diego, CA 92104Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Alexander's on 30th
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.alexanderson30th.com/
- Phone: 6192812539
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Please email your inquiries to special events coordinator, Anna Moya, at email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: There is one interior private dining room and two private patio dining areas to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Anna Moya 6192812539
A word from Alexander's on 30th
Voted "Top 25 places to eat before you die," by San Diego Union Tribune.Continued
Visit our website at www.alexanderson30th.com
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Alexander's on 30th - Best Restaurants in North Park ›
Alexander's on 30th reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (115)romantic (93)special occasion (77)fit for foodies (75)great for outdoor dining (67)good for groups (40)hot spot (21)notable wine list (20)late-night find (16)great for brunch (13)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (7)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- FABULOUS!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014THE FOOD IS CONSISTENTLY EXCELLENT. THE PRESENTATION OF THE FOOD DISH IS OUTSTANDING. THE SERVICE IS MOST ATTENTIVE. THE CHOICES ON THE MENU ARE QUITE EXTENSIVE AND VARIED. THE PRICES ARE REASONABLE AND COMPETITIVE. WE RECOMMEND ALEXANDERS TO ALL OF OUR FRIENDS. WE LIVE 30 MILES FROM THE RESTAURANT, AND KEEP COMING BACK!!Special Features:
- Our favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Great....always great have been coming since opened....never disappointed. ..great Lasagna. ..Our waiter Nigel did a great jobSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014Have been there several times. Food and service very good. We live about a mile away. Parking somewhat effy. Overall a good place to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's my favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014I have been going to this place for several years now and I love it more every time. Good for celebrations, romantic dinners, and groups of friends. The food... it's delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not LasagnaOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014The plate of food before me was supposed to be Lasagna...it was tasty...I ate it all...but it wasn't lasagna. It was a shallow bowl with some meat, sauce, and noodles all covered with a too-large helping of cheese. I got none of texture nor flavors I normally associate with great lasagna. Stick with the pizzas.
- Amazing patiobeb2eVIPDined on 10/22/2014If you're looking for a special neighborhood spot for a romantic but low key date, Alexander's is the right place for you - the patio is beautiful! We've been there many times but this visit I had the lasagna for the first time - be aware that they note it as more of a "soupy/dipping lasagna" - definitely not what you're probably used to. While a little more messy than other lasagnas, it's still delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGanniversarydinnerDined on 10/18/2014the perfect start tomy perfect night on my 2 month anniversary with my girlfriend. She loved the food the ambiance and the service as much as i did !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The meals are delicious.LjdavidDined on 10/13/2014This was our second time eating here! The prices are a high, but we use discount cards, buy one, get one free! Meals are ala carte. I ordered the lobster ravioli again, which is delicious. Everyone seemed to enjoy their meals. It would be nice if they offered a family style salad! We did get yummy bread before our meals.Special Features:
- Food was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Service was great, just where we were sitting was by the kitchen and it was loud and not well ventilated so the smells coming from the kitchen were strong and not all scents were yummy....overall the food was good and I would recommend maybe sitting on the porch in the back and enjoying a movie or in the room farthest from the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IT was the same PERFECTScottDined on 10/10/2014Perfect. Food Was Great. Service was wonderful. Staff seems concerned about your experience..... Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food quality!EddyBDined on 10/4/2014You should try this restaurant! The food was great and the place is very unique!!Special Features:
- Girls Night OutAlexDined on 10/4/2014This was the first time visiting Alexander's. There were five girls in our group. The place was beautiful, and the ambiance was wonderful for a small group. The food was delicious. The only thing that could have been better was our waitress. She was slow to take our drink order, and didn't even ask if we wanted to order appetizers while we waited for a couple friends to arrive. We had to call her and ask her to place an order. Once we were all finally there, we ordered our food and it was served pretty quickly. Overall it was a nice experience and I would definitely g back. P.S. Parking was also an issue. It took us several loops around the neighborhood to find parking, and the streets were very dark. Women don't walk alone!Special Features:
- Must Go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014I have been to Alexanders on multiple occasions and have always enjoyed the incredible food, service, and ombionce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ahh-mazing2eatornot2eatDined on 9/26/2014Very nice and romantic ambiance. Food was good except the pizza crust was a bit over cooked (burned) need to be more careful with the oven. Service was excellent. So sorry but I can't remembered our sever's name, very nice girl with beautiful skin. It was a bit nosy and that's because there was a wedding rehearsal dinner. Anyway, my friends and I had a very positive experience, so much that I will be coming again and this time I am bringing my husband. Goof Day !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful:)kathyoDined on 9/16/2014From start to finish, from reservation to packaged leftovers...the service, ambiance, selection, taste and thoughtfulness...delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noisy, wrong meal servedFritzDined on 9/13/2014Had a reservation for 8:30 seated 40 minutes later. 3 of us were seated at a table for 2. Noise level not as deafening as it is inside. Lighting at most tables is almost nonexistent. We ordered 2 appetizers, 1 glass of wine and ordered 3 dinners. The waiter brought me a meal I did not order. However at that point I was so hungry I decided to eat the meal he served. Dinner was good, just not great. The restaurant however handled things very professionally at the end. Without me asking or even intimating they should adjust my bill, they not charge for the two appetizers because of the long wait and also did not charge me for the meal they brought me in error.
- Dinner for twoPerfectfor2Dined on 9/13/2014It was a great and perfect place to have a romantic night with my girlfriend. We both loved the atmosphere, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great decor/ambiancebkinsdDined on 9/13/20141st time visitor. Had a reservation for 8 so wait time to be be seated was negligible. Waiter was not attentive. Most of our table had pasta dishes. Lasagna a little heavy on the tomato sauce. My wife was delighted with her selection. I ordered a pizza, which was overcooked. I should have sent it back, but I couldn't be bothered. Server slow on refills and didn't bother offering dessert or coffees when we got the bill. Pity, as 2 of our party really wanted a coffee and others probably would have had something to join them. At that point the waiter disappeared, so took a while to settle the bill. Overall I liked the experience, ambiance great, especially the outdoor seating. I will probably give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful eveningkathe90035VIPDined on 9/12/2014We had dinner on the patio; the food and service were so good; loved the filet.Special Features:
- We continue to be spoiledNooYawkerDined on 9/12/2014This was our third visit, and we simply love it. Food was fantastic (filet mignon is to DIE for), and the service was even better. We have nothing at all against dining on the rear patio but we absolutely LOVE their cozy, oversize booths!Special Features:
- Great but too loudclmeryDined on 9/7/2014I've been to Alexander's several times but this was the first time I went for Brunch. Everything was great as usual, except for the music. It was 11am and the music was blaring. You couldn't talk to the person across from you. I asked them to turn it down and they did, but it was still way too loud for brunch. It was the same noise level that you would expect in a bar on a Sat night, not in a restaurant for Sunday brunch. Because of this it was very difficult to enjoy our meal (which in fairness was delicious).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdaysmeredithsVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been craving the White Room pizza, so made reservations here for my birthday. Husband and I got seated in Tim's section. Tim had just had an accident with a beer bottle or wine glass (?) hitting his wrist, so had it wrapped and was not as attentive as he wanted to be to our table. He had someone take our order, but then was at our table quickly thereafter and throughout the night. He made sure my birthday experience was extra special and it was. We each had salads, husband had the Naked Fish, I had the White Room pizza. For dessert, he suggested a piece of cake (name escapes me) that is pound cake with white choc shavings. To.die.for - SO good. Thank you Tim for making it an unforgettable birthday! Will be back again soon.Special Features:
- perfect placeMikins55VIPDined on 9/4/2014Sat outside and had terrific food and service. The mussels were yummy. My first visit and will be sure to be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014For the app we got the bacon bruschetta (don't remember the name)...delicious. My husband got the lobster ravioli and I got the mac & cheese w/ bacon...delicious. We also ordered the cake with pralines and gelato...very good. It was a little bit noisier that expected, but wasn't bothersome. Oh, and the bread...AMAZING!!!! The service was good. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfultr2020Dined on 9/3/2014Thanks for the wonderful service and incredible meal. It was my first time at Alexander's on 30th and I will definitely be back to this "neighborhood gem"!Special Features:
- Special spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Sat down and thought, what a great place for a rehearsal dinner, date, friendly gathering or family affair. Loved it. And the food? Fantastic! My family and I have plans to visit again next time I'm in San Diego.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014Gorgeous atmosphere, very romantic! Delicious food as well! Ill definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Décor!CocktailsNFoodDined on 8/29/2014Great Ambiance. Even though they don't offer cocktails, their wine & beer selection makes up for this. The food was good, but the service is not that great.They ended up bringing one dish out and gave the other dish to another table. I would have preferred they wouldn't have brought out my dish till both dishes were out, as I ended up eating cold food. For the price that this place charges, I would have expected better organization with the kitchen and servers (I'm sure I would have received better service and attention at a chain restaurant). Loved the décor, and the food is good but not amazing to overlook the service.Special Features:
- Katherine HallKakandrobDined on 8/28/2014Great bread before dinner! Would go back just for the bread. Quick service. Reasonable prices. Good for special occasions. Decor was RomanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeverlyDined on 8/27/2014We love this restaurant, not only the food, but the service staff, especially Ashley and Rich are Superb!! Very pretty ambience!!Special Features:
- Off night?nomnomDined on 8/24/2014I've been to Alexander's more than a handful of times and have always enjoyed my dining experience but last night was different than any other night because it was very disappointing. It seemed like it was our waiters first time waiting tables and made for a really awkward and uncomfortable experience because we felt like we had to keep asking for things that he had forgotten. I had the shrimp and scallop scampi but wasn't impressed. I took my leftovers home anyways and when I opened it up the following day I noticed the shrimp they used hadn't been deveined. That's just weird that a restaurant wouldn't devein shrimp. I brought friends there that had never been and I was embarrassed I took them there.
- Awesome!!!JoeyDined on 8/22/2014There is no place better. ;) the staff and the food is top notch in every way!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RkwgolfrrkwgolfrDined on 8/17/2014Went to celebrate my Birthday with family. We had a comfortable table for the nine of us. The service and food was excellent and in walking distance from our house. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!JazziewolfDined on 8/16/2014We had a three course meal for my fiancés birthday. Everything was delicious, and the beer was very good. The only negative thing is the courses took a very long time to come out. We didn't have our phones out at all so we didn't take a long time to order, but going from the appetizer to the main course took an hour. Not that we minded; the food was perfection and it was very romantic. Just expect your meal to take about two hours from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatbetweenfourand25Dined on 8/16/2014This is a real gem. Started going there when they had coupons. They are much too successful to give out coupons now. Good outdoor and great indoor ambiance. Friendly, competent service. Very accomodating. Will go there again and again.Special Features:
- YUMLTD419Dined on 8/15/2014I've heard about this place for a few years. So glad I finally got to go! It was delicious!! Kicking myself for not going sooner. I plan to go back and try more items on their menu.Special Features:
- Delicious and great serviceTraycgDined on 8/11/2014This was my third time visiting Alexander's and I will definitely be back. I've gotten different entree's each time and they've always been delicious. The service is great, the ambiance is very romantic yet it works great for groups and birthday celebrations as well. They've got a wide variety of dishes so that you can bring your most picky eater and your gourmet foodie friend. I've always been able to get reservations there to meet my parties needs, which isn't always an easy task. I don't know exactly how long this restaurant has been in business but I hope its here to stay!Special Features:
- SkipsurfSkipsurfDined on 8/10/2014A real neighborhood find......It really doesn't look like much from the outside but once you step through the door your are treated to a very cool and upbeat decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentLenniDined on 8/10/2014We have eaten here many times. Each time it is more impressive. The outdoor dining is the best. The white of the tables against the dark of the night is very romantic. Service is wonderful, no one is rushing you. The food is terrific!! And the vintage movie is oh so much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2014The food, ambiance, and service are consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.