Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay
25 Dockside Drive
Toronto, ON M5A 0B5Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$30 and under
Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://corusquay.atgurbantavern.ca/
- Phone: 6473441562
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 11am - 9pm
Tuesday: 11am - 9 pm
Wednesday: 11am - 9pm
Thursday: 11am - 9pm
Friday: 11am - 11pm Kitchen closes at 10pm
Saturday: 1030am - 11pm Kitchen closes at 10pm
Sunday: 1030am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Gastro Pub, International
- Executive Chef: Josh Wortly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering in the Corus Entertainment Building is available with space for groups of 6-1200. Whether you are looking to cater a breakfast, lunch, dinner or a BBQ on the rooftop, Against the Grain Urban Tavern can help you with your catering needs for your next meeting or event
- Private Party Facilities: Against the Grain Urban Tavern is a unique place to gather with friends, family and business associates. We feature internationally inspired foods, locally supplied ingredients, unique beers and tempting cocktails - all served in a sophisticated presentation and service. Whether you are hosting a private dinner or cocktail reception we specialize in groups of 15-300 guests. Take advantage of our private event space, meeting rooms and prime patio seating allowing you to relax and enjoy the spectacular view of Lake Ontario and the Toronto Island.
- Private Party Contact: Aleasha Gilpin 4165338368x
- Cross Street: Queens Quay & Jarvis
- Public Transit: Take the #75 bus south from Sherbourne subway station. Get off at Richardson Street and walk 59 meters to Corus Quay at 25 Dockside Drive.
Take the #6 bus south from Bay St towards Queens Quay and Jarvis Via Ferry Docks. Get off at Corus Quay or George Brown College.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: You may park in the lot directly underneath the Corus building, and pay at the machine. Public pay and display parking can be found in parking lot, located North of the Corus building.
There is also street parking available on lower Jarvis and surrounding side streets.
A word from Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay
Against the Grain is the latest concept bringing urban chic to Toronto's Harbourfront. Located in the Corus Entertainment Building right next to Sugar Beach, this Urban Tavern is perfectly situated within walking distance to downtown, allowing you to relax and enjoy the spectacular view of Lake Ontario and the Toronto Island. Against the Grain is a casual Urban Tavern where people gather to enjoy Maple Chipotle Wings with a local brew, Pulled Pork braised in dark beer and molasses, Stone Baked Pizzas or traditional cocktails with a twist. All served in a sophisticated presentation and service. Unique local and European brews are tapped regularly along with interesting new and old world wines. Of course we can't forget the cocktails including our own signature "Against the Grain" made with Canadian whiskey.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay - Best Restaurants in Harbourfront ›
Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (77)scenic view (68)great for lunch (38)good for groups (36)great for brunch (25)neighborhood gem (22)romantic (15)hot spot (13)special occasion (13)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (6)notable wine list (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/9/2014Wonderful Sugar Beach hot spot with delightful servers; if only the food were as good.Special Features:
- Definitely goes against the grain!KilroyWashereDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I have strolled past this waterfront restaurant several times, and each time suggesting we should stop in and try Against The Grain down by the Corus Entertainment building. What a disappointment! The service was decent, the amibience was fine, but the food was well below our expectation for this place. We ordered the ribs, and thank goodness we had a sharp knife as they were anything but "fall off the bone". They were tough, cold, and seemed to have been boiled and just dipped in this thick sugary BBQ sauce. This is the first time I have never finished a rack of ribs. If you are out just for drinks and with friends, this might be the place to go, but if you actually want to eat good food, you might want to look elsewhere.Special Features:
- Great outdoor viewLoveItalianfoodDined on 9/1/2014I liked the view sitting on the waterfront. Service was good. Food was good. Menu had reasonable options for most people to enjoy. It was very busy and for the outdoors quite loud Enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/31/2014Fantastic patio - overlooks the lake. Food is consistent. The service is great. The only issue is that it is a bit out of the way - the walk to/from is unappealing.Special Features:
- Since You're askingJMZRNDined on 8/31/2014The steak was pretty dry but I'll send a message to the restaurant below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Fresh food, excellent and friendly service, gorgeous location, even on a very hot night the breeze is wonderful.Special Features:
- How do you screw up a salad?TawlgerlDined on 8/26/2014I will start with the positive. Beautiful location looking out on to the lake. There was literally 1 waitress for the entire patio which was a lot of people. She did say they were understaffed but this was ridiculous. No fault of hers but it was really bad. We were rushed to order, asked her for a recommendation based on food restrictions and she recommended their Pop & Top salad? Wow, if I was a gerbil maybe. Who puts popcorn in a salad? We were so rushed and were never asked if we wanted chicken on it. There was absolutely no taste to this salad at all. We ordered chicken from someone clearing because we were desperate. They came back with 1 order. We just laughed. Ridiculous at that point. $15 salad?? I think not!Special Features:
- Only okaycluckyDined on 8/25/2014I would recommend to dine on the patio; great view of the lake there. The food, however, left a little to be desired. Portions and flavouring was so-so. I had steak frites, and asked for a medium rare. My steak was definitely not a medium rare; it was overdone. I was in a rush and did not have the time to request a new one, but even if I did have the time, I wouldn't ask for another steak. It was terrible, with gristle and all; really bad cut. They do not do anything special for birthdays, which really sucked. I was hoping for, at least, a message on the menu or something nice. My server was polite. She literally perked up when ordering, but other than that, she neglected my table. Water was never refilled.Special Features:
- great dateYoungTorontonianDined on 8/23/2014the asiago kale dip as a starter was amazing, and came very quick, the server was on his game, had great posture. one of the only restaurants on the water so it provides a great atmosphere. there is not a lot of passing traffic so it is more romantic and private then competitors restaurants. we did not stay late only till 9:30 yet the bar was empty, possibly it fills up later? overall a great experience and will take groups of friends back and reserve date nights with my girlfriendSpecial Features:
- WhitecatDined on 8/17/2014Great view, but food very ordinary..no healthy options. Definitely nothing special except for the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014The only reason I'd go back is for the view. The food was alright and service should have been better. Waitresses could have smiled more and paid more attentionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice patioTashDined on 8/4/2014This is a good spot to have a few drinks because of the patio and location, but the food and service left something to be desired.Special Features:
- Very nicelovetoeatDined on 8/2/2014Everything was great - no complaints although my son though the burger was a bit lacking.Special Features:
- Great view by the lakeSimplepleasuresDined on 8/1/2014The food is ok but they could raise the bar. Great location to sit by the lake.
- Great food, service and view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014This place was recommended to me and what a recommendation! I've actually been twice now with different people - both were for work, one being a little formal and one very relaxed - the experience was great both times. The food is very good, I drink beer and they're supplied by Mill Street Brewery (a favourite of mine). The location is idea for summer patio dining, but I imagine that it'd be good to be in there any time of the year as it's right on the docks/lake and a little off the beaten track. The serving staff were very attentive, friendly and fun. They're not-in-your-face but a great mix of engaging and courteous. The girls on the reception desk called us a cab as we were leaving too, nice touch.Special Features:
- Great FoodJanniDined on 7/31/2014Took. My Mother, Great Aunt, Aunt and Uncle for lunch at the location at Sugar Beach. We had a wonderful lunch and so enjoyed the patio looking out at the lake. This location is also fabulous in the evening. Check it out. The service was also fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive service!HoustonsDined on 7/19/2014Service was attentive and aware. Very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- tvnatoleDined on 7/11/2014https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152570009097812&set=a.10151705041882812.1073741825.740927811&type=1&theaterSpecial Features:
- Great location but pricey4girlsDined on 7/7/2014quality good but be prepared to pay a premium for the setting! Not a big selection of dinner entrees and food and drink prices higher than comparable restaurants (without the view!).Special Features:
- Decent food, poor serviceMikeDined on 7/2/2014Interesting and tasty drinks, decent food, but very slow and unresponsive service. There were numerous times we had to seek out our waitress and we would go 25-30 minute stretches without seeing her.Special Features:
- Great food . amazing Ontario beersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014After a busy weekend, we were seeking a restaurant with a great views and the ability to dine outdoors ... The service was outstanding and with food to match .... I recommend making reservations, as we were quickly escorted to out table with an outstanding view of Toronto Harbour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waterfront views1drmomDined on 6/22/2014Good food and service. We sat outside on a nice evening. Fish in Paper, fish & chips & burgers were great!!! Didnt get a chance to try the craft beers. Next time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Ambience 5, Service 3vickytherobotDined on 6/22/2014Service was a bit slow at the time we went (Sunday brunch). It was really crowded, and our server was a bit all over the place. The eggs Benny was a tad over cooked, but it was still very tasty. Unfortunately our server dropped a piece of potato on my back while cleaning the table behind us, and she didn't even realize it until I showed her what she had done. She did apologize, but it made the whole experience a 4 out of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with a spectacular viewdriv3nDined on 6/21/2014Service was second to none and the food was really good for brunch. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to friends and family .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible foodHeadsUpDined on 6/15/2014The only thing going for the establishment is a great view from the patio. unfortunately it's devoid of sun by 530pm and being beside the lake makes it chilly. But don't worry, the patio has heaters...oh but both near our table didnt seem to work... The menu is very limited, definitely not fine dining. Food wasn't good yet over priced and terrible.Special Features:
- Great PatioptysiaDined on 6/8/2014I came to 'Against the Grain' with some girlfriends for dinner and we enjoyed the patio seating and waterfront view. It felt like we were in a completely different city! The food was good, not revelational but perfectly adequate. I ordered the Tuna Nicoise sandwich - the bread was dry and hard to bite or cut into and it made things messy. The ambiance of the patio made up for it though! I would come again for drinks and to enjoy the view with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would go againLOVEROFFOODDined on 6/7/2014It is a little overpriced but the view, the service, and the food make up for it. We were seated fast. Our waitress was great. Very knowledgeable, answered all our questions, and each of her suggestions was spot on. The food was delicious. I had the turkey burger with sweet potato fries and it had a new twist that I really enjoyed. I would definitely go again.Special Features:
- Nice patio, bad foodfoodie2Dined on 6/7/2014The patio was lovely and service was great, however the food is grossly overpriced for what you get; I ordered the Cobb salad and it was all lettuce! One hardboiled egg and some cheese but mostly lettuce! I'd expect way more ingredients givent the price - I totally could have made that salad at home. I will not be going back simply because the food was so weak.Special Features:
- Food disappointingJeff189Dined on 6/5/2014Cob salad was a ton of iceberg lettuce, too much blue cheese dressing and bacon was hard. Lots of cheese though was a plus. Just not as interesting as expected. Friends steak came not very hot, overdone and with fries instead of salad ordered. They were kind however to adjust the bill. The view is great of course. Need to fix the fire pit however as flame kept going out. Servers were very attentive and attitude was right. This was my first time, I might try again but would order something else. Good spot for a drink and appy.Special Features:
- Loved it!AnneMarieDined on 6/4/2014I celebrated my birthday dinner there and it was awesome. Must return soon. I was looking for a brunch spot for Sunday and the menu also looks great but ends at 2pm....a little too early for Sundays. I'd recommend at least 3pm.Special Features:
- CelebratingdiningdivaDined on 6/4/2014My daughter chose this restaurant for the view of the waterfront. The server we had upon hearing that we were celebrating some important milestones brought out a special dessert for us on the house, which was a very nice gesture.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Against the GrainOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/4/2014Great Beer selection. Had the Steak Frites for lunch...very good. Great for client lunch. Nice view of harbour and great patio for warm dayssSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view and great foodAllycatDined on 6/1/2014Had a fantastic lunch at Against the Grain, on a beautiful day which helped! But regardless of the weather, the food was outstanding and received very friendly service, will definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2014small portions but food was good this was at brunch on a SundaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time won't be the last !DurbsterDined on 5/25/2014We were meeting friends who were visiting from the UK and chose ATG as it was close to their hotel and near the water. Although those were good reasons for opting for this place a better one would have been the food !! We had the Smokehouse Club Sandwich and ATG Signature burger both of which were great. The burger was juicy & tasty and the sandwich large & delicious and prices were not 'Toronto-High' ! We will definitely be returning for another meal in the not too distant future (the ribs looked good and are next on my list !). It was a busy Sunday lunchtime and at times service was a bit slow (this was not too much of an issue for us as we were having a leisurely lunch but if you had somewhere to be you may have been late !).Special Features:
- The following 434 reviews are from the Against the Grain Urban Tavern-Corus Quay reviews archive.
- Food and Service disappointingScenicDined on 5/19/2014This is a place to go to for drinks and bar food only....nachos, wings etc. The menu looks interesting but when it arrives, big disappointment. I had a kale, quinoa, falafel salad which sounded really interesting until I had to cut the big huge pieces of kale in the bowl.... My son ordered an artichoke flatbread which had Italian dressing over the top, why? It was rich enough.... Service was slow - it was a cool evening and we were outside - it wasn't until the end that the waitress told use she could turn the heater towards us. Delivered our entrees before taking away our appetizer plates and without cutlery - we had used it for the nachos and they didn't replace without us asking. The view is outstanding, too bad about the food :(Special Features:
- Accessible Dining with Great FoodDinahdmDined on 5/12/2014Lovely dinner to celebrate a birthday. Server was attentive and helpful with suggestions for food choices for our food intolerances. She also offered to check with the chef for us. One of our party had a walker and we were seated in a place where the walker was close but unobtrusive. Washrooms were close and accessible. We definitely will go here again. Food was excellent.Special Features:
- DefinitelyAgainsttheGrainDined on 5/11/2014We have gone to this restaurant many times, the patio view has always been more of a draw than the food, but this time even the view couldn't make us return. The bacon and egg breakfast that several of us had wasn't even close to the presentation, quality or quantity of your local EggsSmart. Daughters stir fry noodles was over powered with oyster sauce and there was no sign of the Asian vegetables listed on the menu. Bok Choy seemed to have been replaced with romaine lettuce and a few grated carrots.Special Features:
- New Brunch Location For UsgodessofbrunchDined on 5/10/2014We found this restaurant of the internet. It was a nice spot overlooking the lake. The eggs benny was great except the sauce was too lemony.Special Features:
- Nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014Drove into Toronto to meet some international colleagues and chose Against the Grain to show off harbour front. Everyone tried something different and all we're pleased. Server was amazing and cheerfully gave us separate bills for food and alcohol. Will come back in the summer to enjoy the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.