1614 North 13th Street
Artesia, NM 88210Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://adoberoserestaurant.com/
- Phone: 5757466157
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday, Wednesday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Executive Chef: Chef Chloe Winters
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Adobe Rose
Nestled in the luxurious Adobe Rose Inn, Adobe Rose Restaurant showcases the vibrant cuisine and rich culture of New Mexico with a menu and décor specializing in the unique flavors and themes of the Southwest. Fine dining in the evening, affordable and fast lunch fare as well as famous breakfast buffet! Our main room is set in a beautifully preserved historical adobe building providing an intimate and one-of-a-kind experience. We boast the most beautiful courtyard with a fire-pit centerpiece, bubbling pond and good music for those perfect New Mexico evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Adobe Rose - Best Restaurants in Artesia ›
Adobe Rose reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)great for brunch (6)good for groups (6)great for lunch (6)neighborhood gem (6)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014Looking forward to going on a Friday or Saturday as Sunday was brunch only and limited menu. Don't get me wrong it was good, but I am a PICKY eater, lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server was a grouch!KMACDined on 9/21/2014We visited last Sunday to celebrate with a birthday brunch for one of our friends. The server seemed bothered that we were put in her section, then any questions or attempts at interacting with her, she was abupt and well, almost rude. It was a Sunday morning, so maybe she had stayed up a little too late the night before. However, the food was great, and the atmosphere is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Adobe Rose is always so delicious. It is a place you can go for a date night or in a group with kids and service is great. The food is wonderful and the environment is inviting.Special Features:
- JamesandangiDined on 9/13/2014Oh my! Very impressed from the moment we walked up to the front of the building. The food was wonderful and we can't wait to come back and try brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/18/2014Friendly crew at Adobe Rose, I picked the Thursday special of pulled pork however that was cancelled and replaced with chicken and beef fajita's which was excellent. There was so much I had to take the rest with me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced for mediocre fareOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Met up with an old friends daughter along with my wife for dinner. The waiter was attentive and the outdoor area was nice. The food was way overpriced for the quality.Special Features:
- Diamond in the roughRickDined on 8/6/2014To find this quality of food in that region was terrific. I had the filet one night and the chipotle chicken another. Both were great. The service was expeditious and the staff were very helpfulSpecial Features:
- Great find in a small townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014We went for a group lunch and sat outside where the kids could get down and run around and we could enjoy the scenery. Lovely patio. The owner served us and was incredibly friendly and helpful. While in town we also went there for a dinner date. The meatloaf and salmon were AMAZING. It was very upscale dining in a small town. Very romantic and delicious. Highly recommend this place if you happen to be in Artesia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saralouDined on 6/28/2014Very nice, came for birthday, great choice. WE drove from Carlsbad, it was way worth the drive will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 32 reviews are from the Adobe Rose reviews archive.
- Dr. Pepper Lamb ChopsFlorajmDined on 5/23/2014Enjoyed the Dr. Pepper lamb - very succulent and tender - highly recommend giving it a try. Tasted the fajitas and they were also delicious.Special Features:
- Great food but to loud and rowdyrcm1960Dined on 5/23/2014My wife and I went to the Adobe to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered steaks that were excellent along with appetizers and wine. Our only complaint was the noise level and the intoxicated patrons at the table beside us. Since this was a special evening, I made reservations and dressed up for the occasion only to realize that the ambience reflected a bar with a rowdy crowd. I would suggest a dress code and those who attend only to drink remain in the patio area.Special Features:
- un-happy mothers day!!Deanna1207Dined on 5/11/2014Limited menu selection, our reservation was irrelevant. still waited 45 min for table. Order took too long, brought wrong food for me and daughter. husbands was right. AND food was room temp to cold. Chicken fried chicken (which i didnt order) was DRY! and they did NOTHING to make it up to us. RUINED my first mothers day!!Special Features:
- Mother's Day lunchMongoDined on 5/11/2014Went to Adobe Rose for Mother's Day lunch. Luckily, we had made reservations, because they were swamped. Got seated at our reservation time. Menu was modified for the Mother's Day crowds, I suppose. The salmon with rice was wonderful. Husband would have liked to try the Prime Rib, but it only came with a prime rib and baked potato and no other sides. It was also priced very high. He got the chicken fried chicken instead, and said it was very good. We will be going back to the Adobe Rose often.Special Features:
- No Kids after 9pmlocals2supportUDined on 5/10/20145/10/14 mothers day dinner, Had dinner inside that was great until we went outside cuz we wanted to enjoy band BUT there was other people that had their kids out of control even after 9pm, screaming, yelling, running through the band, we had a front table just so we could hear them. but yet they were still loud, running in the garden beds the band members even had to mention to kids to stop running between them, in the garden beds. We and other couples were there just for "wait for what" to enjoy their music, company and have the nice atmosphere that we usually get when we go, the fireplace had to be turned off because of the kids getting into, then the kids were trying to steal the money we were putting into the tip jar from the bandSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delightful hidden gemwesttexasDined on 5/2/2014We ate late lunch in the lovely garden. The servers were very friendly. The special of the day, turkey/green chile burger was delicious. Fries crispy. The place was hard to find because of road construction, and Google map led us to believe it was on other side of baseball complex, but we found it, and were very happy we did. They have live music in the garden some evenings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurant.LaurieDined on 3/24/2014Adobe Rose was a great dining experience. Beautiful surroundings and great food and service.Special Features:
- Date night? Business outing?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2014Date night? Business outing? Friendly gathering? Just craving some great food? It's good for all of that!! Awesome! Best spot in Eddy county!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. ANMRedSoxFanDined on 3/13/2014Great food and service. A great birthday dinner for my parents. Nice to have a fresh option for Artesia. Only drawback was that it was a bit dark in our area. Maybe they could fix some of the burnt out lights so you could read the menu easier. Overall a great experience and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Artesia6966dyxeDined on 2/20/2014We saw the ad in a restaurant magazine in Roswell and decided to visit; we usually just drop into the Well Head when we go to the Ocitilla theater and wanted something different. Very nicely surprised and we'll return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank-you for a very nicelsemDined on 1/30/2014Thank-you for a very nice evening. The special birthday touch for our friend was a nice surpriseSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and FoodFlorajmDined on 1/4/2014This was my first experience at the Adobe Rose and I was very pleased with the quality and taste of the food and more so impressed with the service we received from the waitress. She took some time to speak to us on a more personal level asking how we found the restaurant, where we were from, and also meade some excellent recommendations for dinner. I will return to enjoy another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what you expect in ArtesialocalDined on 1/3/2014The Adobe Rose is one of the best things to hit Artesia since The Jahva House opened up. Great food, nice atmosphere and awesome outdoor dining when the weather cooperates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New years evedelicatedivaDined on 12/31/2013Cute restaurant, courtyard would have been nice to dine. Winter temperature did not permit. Great ambiance, only drawback Lil cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Adobe RoseGersonDined on 12/7/2013Absolutely great food, well prepared and a imaginative menu selection. The service was excellent as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New restaurant surprise6ppcDined on 10/19/2013Excellent service, menu and preparation. The dessert, creme brulee, was the best in recent memory.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dont recommendMEANDMYWIFEDined on 9/27/2013We were seated within minutes of arriving. The outside area was very busy due to there being live music that night. The inside maybe had 3-4 tables seated. It took 30 minutes after being seated for someone (a young man we have known for a while who just happens to work there) to ask if anyone had helped us yet. Took our drink order as well as app and food order. Everything came out looking good. the salad we ordered to share as an app was ok. The grits that came with my wife's entre were lumpy. My fish and chips was not acceptable at all (way too much breading). We have never really been happy with the place and we have given it several tries. We do want to be happy with it as it has petential.
- Love this GEM!SeptoasisDined on 8/24/2013Adobe Rose is such a breath of fresh air for the Artesia-Roswell area and I love it! Great new dishes, lots of variety on the menu and great specials weekly! They bring a great new taste to SE NM! Will always go to Adobe Rose!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFriendsDined on 8/10/2013We had a group of nine travel from Roswell for a Saturday night dinner. We had made reservations for 7:00 PM, and were seated immediately upon arriving. We ordered drinks and appetizers first. Everyone loved them. Several different dinner entrees were ordered, and all in the group raved about the food. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRichardDined on 7/28/2013Eat on a Sunday when only a limited menu is available. That being said, it was a good Brunch Menu, and the food was hot, and well prepared. I did see the regular menu and it looks good too. We will be returning. Staff was friendly and we were taken to our table without waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good menu.signoret76VIPDined on 7/17/2013The menu is imaginative. I had the montecristo which was well prepared. It is a great oasis in between Roswell and Carlsbad.Special Features:
- Service getting worse with time....OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2013The food has been fairly consistant over the last few visits (good)....still by far the best in Artesia. Would like to see the menu changed more often or perhaps more creative daily specials as the main menu is somewhat limited. Presentation of the dishes is very nice though. Wine list while not extensive is much better than most restaurants in the three city area....but the price by the glass is too high considering the price of the wine. The service has been extrodinarily slow the last two visits though. One lunch took almost an hour and a half and the waiter could't figure out how to split a salad for me and my wife. Dinner last Friday service was poor also....staff needs better training as it is getting worse with time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ambiencepolliwogDined on 6/6/2013Who would have guessed that this delightful place was hiding beneath my nose. The food was okay, but the atmosphere and service were great. I told my daughter how much I had enjoyed the evening. She said she had just read a similar comment about the Adobe Rose on lubbock.online. News is traveling, you can't stay hidden long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st experienceAMarDined on 5/31/2013To be honest, the Spinach-Artichoke appetizer was excellent. The Fruit Gazpacho should have been colder, but the taste was unusual and interesting. The Shrimp Jambalaya was a real disappointment - flavor was fine, but was mostly rice. The others at the table ordered the Enchiladas which according to them weren't bad, but they would not drive back up to Artesia for them. Our waitress gave excellent service and was informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCarlsbadDined on 5/19/2013Sunday brunch was excellent. A couple had the salmon and they were extatic over how well it tasted. I ate the catfish BLT and I enjoyed it. The atmospher was great. Outdoor dining is very inviting. I would recommend dining here.Special Features:
- Great food!AwesomeDined on 5/17/2013Ok, the food is great but some servers need more experience. They took long to offer me something to drink and forgot to bring an appetizer a friend ordered. Other then that the place is great and the food is awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodlove4chiliDined on 5/12/2013The food was really good! It's a good atmosphere. One of my favorites is the chicken & waffles. I've tasted the pecan encrusted fish, and it's good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go there often and loveLuv2dineDined on 5/12/2013We go there often and love it but our experience on May 12,2013 was what I think unacceptable. We never got acknowledge and our waiter only took our drink order and never came back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate dinner here 2 times inOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/1/2013Ate dinner here 2 times in one week. Both times the foods was very good as well as the service. Will be making this one of our go to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TASTY FOOD - GREAT AMBIANCEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2013Entrees are unique - very different from anything else our rural town has to offer. I thoroughly enjoyed my Gyro sandwich! My compliments to the chef. The ambiance is warm and inviting. Great dining experience!!Special Features:
- we drove 35 miles to get there,foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013we drove 35 miles to get there,food and sevice was excellent, can't wait to go back.Special Features: