890 William Hilton Pkwy
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.843via808.com/
- Phone: 843-686-8843x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday from 8:43 – 4:00
Tuesday – Saturday from 11:00 – 3:00
Tuesday – Saturday: 4:00 – 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Yuri Gow
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: 843 offers guests an inviting evening ambiance and atmosphere in its patio dining area by providing live instrumental music that is subtle and unobtrusive while being thoroughly entertaining.
A word from 843
843 is pleased to accept online reservations from the hours of 5:00 PM - 9:00 pm. We will do our best to accommodate all reservation requests. Please leave a contact number with all reservations. Accommodation are unavailable for small children.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
843 reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (67)great for outdoor dining (52)romantic (43)special occasion (34)notable wine list (34)neighborhood gem (34)great for brunch (16)great for lunch (15)good for groups (6)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Wonderful spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014A little hard to find, but worth it! Food was amazing, great by the glass wine choices, attentive service. Will absolutely come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keeps getting betterPaulVIPDined on 9/13/20144th time. Better and better. The host knows how to work the room and make you feel special. Back again on Oct3 with dear friends from out of town. Foodies will love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of Hilton HeadDrwoVIPDined on 9/13/2014This little tucked away spot is truly a winner. A friend and I had a superb dinner on a Saturday night and liked it so much we went back for Sunday Brunch. Stellar 'Farm to Table' dining. 843 is a "must dine" in Hilton Head. Everything was fresh, fresh, fresh. The service was outstanding and the food portions were generous.Special Features:
- Pork Chop &Scallops ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Trip Advisor rates the entries at $24 which were higher. After sitting down and reviewing the menu, we were initially surprised the entrees were much higher. That said, the food was well worth it and would eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hilton Head gemKurtMathiasVIPDined on 9/11/2014843 is Hilton Head's hidden gem. Not one item ordered disappointed. The service was personal but not overbearing. In a town full of tourist traps that is not thier game. Go here and be wowed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth FindingJeffPDined on 9/11/2014This classy restaurant is hiding (almost in plain sight) but it is well worth finding. Our very pleasant server Kelly was well versed in the menu and wine list. The atmosphere is elegantly simple and the food is awesome. The dinner menu is simple but interesting and includes two gourmet burgers. We had two great dinners and some very good wine. The martini special was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, hard to findOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014This place is really tucked away, but the food and ambiance was wonderful. Definitely worth looking for.Special Features:
- Go tonight!Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 9/10/2014Based on other Open Table reviews we dined here. When we come back to ahilton Head this restaurant will be on our " must go" list. The food is prepared with care. The service is attentive. My husband and I think this was our pick of the week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easy to miss worth findingcartersm99VIPDined on 9/6/2014Tucked away in the corner of the Fresh Market strip you have to really look for this one. Friendly efficient service and farm to table type food. Quirky decor but nice patio outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pleasantly surprisedgoodVIPDined on 9/5/2014I have been dining at The Vine for several years and was VERY disappointed to hear they were going to be closed the week I took 3 girlfriends to the beach. The hostess recommended we try 843 their "sister" restaurant. I agreed since I had never been and wanted to have a reservation set. We were running a little behind (4 girls, imagine that!) and when I called, Jason was very kind and allowed us to keep our reservation and save our table. Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and that service continued through out entire dining experience. The food was incredible. I had the salad with manchego cheese (can't remember the name? maybe it was a special) and the pork chops (to die for) The restaurant had a cozy feel. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st visit!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2014Wonderful dinner for our first time there! Service was spot on, wine list was ample, and the food was incredible! Chef is very creative with local farm-to-table fare from around the Lowcountry. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place on the IslandSuzhausDined on 9/5/2014Would have never found this wonderful restaurant if it hadn't been for Open Table. This was our favorite place of week. No view of the sunset, or ocean, but the ambiance of this quaint little restaurant is the food, flavors and artistic presentation of each plate. Our son in law is a Chef de Cuisine at a top restaurant in Cincinnati, We wished he had been there to experience the magic of the kitchen. From the artichoke appetizer, chargrilled prawns, Roasted sugar beets, to the Black Sea Bass and the Pan roasted Pork Chop, they were out of this world. So many flavors put together in perfection. Our waitress DeeDee and her waiter Josh were fantastic, so attentive, and she painted beautiful pictures of each dish. We Wanted to try them all.Special Features:
- Must go!emily1888Dined on 9/3/2014843 came recommended by a friend who has a home on Hilton Head and it did not disappoint. Although it is in a strip mall, you would never know. I loved the decor inside and the feel of the patio. We dined outside and they had a pianist. Everything from the cocktails to dessert was amazing. We started with the ahi tuna and eggplant caponata appetizers. The eggplant topped with artichokes, olive, tomatoes and capers was so good. Next we had the watermelon salad. This was fresh and light. For dinner we had the best pork chop and scallops. We finished with espressos and a chocolate mousse with sea salt. I would highly recommend 843 to anyone traveling to hilton head!Special Features:
- Welcome addition to Hilton HeadAndyVIPDined on 9/2/2014fantastic find. We come to HHI every year and was lucky enough to get a solid recommendation to visit 843. Service, ambiance, food, everything was great. Loved it so much we went 2 nights in a row...Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchBeanoDined on 8/31/2014Our 3rd time here and it never disappoints. Sitting outside, listening to a guitar duo, enjoying a spectacular brunch. Don't miss this place when you are in HHI. A must visit.Special Features:
- First time visitCLTfoodie1VIPDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant came recommended. A little confusing walking in as a sign next to table outside said to walk in but no host area when you walk in and staff was just standing inside. They had to go outside to get an iPad to check reservations. Tried to seat us at a small 2 person table near door but asked for and got a more comfortable table. Initial sever did not seem happy to serve us and another server named DeeDee came and she was fantastic! She gave excellent recommendations on food and wine. Service for each course was impeccable while she hustled to cover several other tables. Mgr stopped by to ask about meal but left while I was in mid sentence trying to give a compliment. Weird but great food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and foodPeggyDined on 8/29/2014A "hard to find" place but worth the effort. Service was prompt and friendly. thanks!Special Features:
- Poetry in food!jncd2000Dined on 8/23/2014843 is a place where food sings to you. Every menu item is carefully developed to the tastes of Jaison and Steve, the chef and owner, to be just right. It is the sister-restaurant of Vine but it has its own flavor and menu and is more relaxed of an atmosphere, suitable for a nice evening out with friends and more conducive to large parties (but still great for small groups as well!). We have been to 843 twice and were even more impressed this time. Our waitress, Kelly, was very thorough in her descriptions and encouraged an appetizer (the eggplant one) that we would have otherwise overlooked and we were thrilled with it! Even more remarkable was that she had only been there 2 weeks but was already fluent with the menu and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/22/2014Charming guitarists during dinner provided lovely music. food was inventive and delicious. Wait staff friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- grtThaiPlaceDined on 8/22/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants for consistently good food with many unusual offerings. Lunch is great as is dinner.Special Features:
- Great addition to the HH food sceneJetJockeyVIPDined on 8/21/2014843 is a special place…cozy, quiet, friendly staff and management and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique FoodRockyDined on 8/19/2014843 has a very unique menu and the food was amazing. The duck dish special was fabulous. The service was excellent. The menu items are quite pricey but I would still recommend it if you like to try new and amazing dishes. I brought a friend to the restaurant for her Birthday and the staff could not have been nicer in making her night special.Special Features:
- Best new restaurantHHIFrequentDinerVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great food, great service, very welcoming. We have eaten at almost every restaurant on the Island, this is one of the Best!Special Features:
- CharmingNightoutDined on 8/14/2014Food was fabulous! Atmosphere delightful and service was spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonMDined on 8/14/2014The overall experience was very, very good; attentive wait staff and friendly manager who wasn't obsequious. The food arrived on schedule - loved all but one dish which mgr promptly remedied despite no protest from me. This excellence guaranteed more visits.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/13/2014We stopped in by chance and had an amazing meal. Each dish was delicious and unique - we loved the vegetarian options. The staff even was very accommodating of our children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nanna1Dined on 8/13/2014Great Caesar salad. I had the scallops,for me a little salty. Nice presentation. Would make another reservation.Special Features:
- Great SpotJeanDined on 8/6/2014I've had lunch @ 843 twice & really enjoyed ambience, food & service, so I decided to try dinner. It was just as enjoyable. The dinner menu is a good mix of land & sea & salads are large enough to be shared. There's a nice wine list & a full bar with evening specials and let's not forget dessert. We shared a wonderful salad & then went for 2 of the special fishes. Preparation was simply grilled with nice sides. For dessert we tried the cheese cake which was delicious - small cupcake size, light and almost guilt free. Service was spot on, attentive but not intrusive. Lunch or dinner 843 is a good choiceSpecial Features:
- So glad we found itWillieDined on 8/6/2014The setting and food were very nice. The menu was wonderful and had many fresh well thought out dishes. The live background music on the patio for dining was indeed special.Special Features:
- Amazing find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/6/2014We're from New York and this is as good as any top restaurant we've been to. The food is fun, inventive, and amazing. I highly recommend the ciopinni seafood dish. The ambience is precious. We sat outside to hear the live music. When you pull up, the place is unassuming. It's not touristy and a complete gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 843Sam07anthaDined on 8/6/2014Excellent! Can't wait to return for my next meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Birthday EveningSPCelebrationsDined on 8/1/2014We had come to this place for lunch many times but this was the first visit for lunch. I was an outstand evening for my lovely wife's birth day. Great food, great service and great ambience.Special Features:
- Great Ingredients, Fabulous ServicebtbyseaDined on 8/1/2014We had a party of six, including 2 children (12 & 13). Every item on the menu was explained in detail, including some special items. The waitress, DeDe, was very attentive and knowledgeable, making some excellent recommendations for the table. Favorite appetizer was the sausage cooked in a yellow pepper, delicious. Most of the table ordered the cioppino, filled with lobster, calamari, mussels, & shrimp, in a fabulous broth! Dessert was creme brûlée & chocolate mousse, a wonderful ending to a delicious experience. Highly recommend, we will go back next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Exceptional!PapaeagleVIPDined on 7/29/2014We're nearing our dozenth visit to this welcoming oasis and have yet to be disappointed in any meaningful way (once the Ancient Grains salad was not quite as warm as usual). The menu and the specials that are offered are all prepared in a simple way with outstanding results. There is no effort to be more than necessary or to add ingredients for the sake of "flair". Every item is properly seasoned and presented consistently. The dining room associates are knowledgeable and friendly without any airs or excess. You can settle in for a comfortable midweek meal or a romantic date night and feel quite pleased with the results.Special Features:
- WonderfulPaulVIPDined on 7/26/2014Unique for our island -dining room is lovely and food is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Tasteless and oppressiveLovegoodfoodDined on 7/23/2014Not accommodating for gluten free vegetarians. They have veg items on menu but they are flavorless thrown together frozen/instant mish mash. Made chipotle look like 5 star cuisine.
- Best Fine Dining on the IslandDennisSVIPDined on 7/22/2014This was out first visit to 843 and we were warmly greeted and seated promptly. The menu selections were varied and interesting. Wonderful wine selection at reasonable prices. Our server Dee Dee was very knowledgeable of the menu selections and made some great recommendations. All for of our diners raved about the wonderful presentation and taste. If you are looking for a fine dining restaurant with a casual atmosphere, this is the place. Everyone paid attention to details to make our evening the best meal we had during our two week visit.Special Features:
- nice surprisektm250Dined on 7/18/2014The meal was great, the service prompt and very friendly, and the outdoor seating was really nice especially for being in a retail center. Overall just very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new HHI FavoriteGrammyDined on 7/8/2014I heard of 843 from my realtor last summer and was so impressed with this little gem tucked away at the end of a strip shopping center. We took the family again this year and my boys asked if we could cancel all of our other reservations this week and just go here every night! Love this place! Staff is extremely friendly and relaxed (not stuffy). Owner comes out, personally, and check to see how we are doing. I love that they mix different foods that you would not expect together and they taste amazing!Special Features:
- A Sparkling Gem of Dining On HHInewfindsnoteverydayfoodDined on 7/5/2014I have been to 843 several times. The food is always excellent, as well as the Wait Staff. The atmosphere is so charming. For a Restaurant in a shopping center, this a well hidden rare find. The decor is very well done and adds to the atmosphere. Highly recommend the "Beet Salad." Had the Rib Eye Special and was one of the best Rib Eye I ever had. The menu is Great as it is not the same boring menu you find in most upscale restaurants. A Sparkling Refreshing Gem for Hilton Head!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.