1890 at the Arcade
420 Superior Avenue East
Cleveland, OH 44114Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
1890 at the Arcade
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cleveland.hyatt.com/en/hotel/dining/1890atTheArcade.html
- Phone: 2167764576
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 6:30am - 12:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:30pm - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Matt Dugan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining rooms available for groups of 10 to 40 people.
- Private Party Contact: Jenna Evans 2167764575
A word from 1890 at the Arcade
Take in the stylish, contemporary atmosphere of our premier downtown Cleveland restaurant. Even though the name suggests it, you won"t find a 19th century setting in this contemporary dining spot featuring sleek lighting, earth tones and rich wood paneling. Begin your day with light, nutritious fare like a delicious yogurt parfait or fortify yourself with Eggs Benedict while you map out a day of sightseeing. Have a great mid-day meeting, complete with delicious soups and salads as well as creative sandwiches and innovative entrees. Treat your guests to elegant dinners with juicy Grilled Filet Mignon or perfectly prepared Pastrami Cured Salmon to mark a special occasion. Conclude an evening with coffee and dessert or a nightcap; 1890 at The Arcade is the premier choice for fine dining in Cleveland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
1890 at the Arcade reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)romantic (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Great place to dine...InfluentialSuccessDined on 9/12/2014We were from New Mexico visiting Cleveland on business. Ate 3 times over 4 day period. Menu & wine list were good. Soup was delicious but a little pricey ($9.00) Rest of menu appropriate price. Service at dinner one night was outstanding. 8 of us were there and Fred waited on us. He has such humor yet so professional!!!!! Also a lady (manager possibly?) we had wait on us in the bar area one night... then she was in restaurant the next day, saw us, came over to say hello. I travel ALOT and having GREAT staff is the very best thing to attract others to return.Special Features:
- nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Had a nice date night dinner here. Fred our waiter was great. Really made us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time for DinnerGTK528Dined on 7/16/2014The restaurant was somewhat slow when we arrived, but we had to wait a couple minutes for the staff to come to the front and seat us. The server was friendly and engaging. We laughed and joked with him when he brought menus, drinks, food, etc. The food was very delicious and the portions were large. The quesadilla wasn't exactly what I expected and seemed more like a chicken soft taco that was crisped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel restaurant with big ambitionsDrLizDined on 5/23/2014When we arrived at 7pm for dinner, the place was empty. This was Memorial Day weekend, and a gigantic wedding was taking place elsewhere in the hotel. The chef left the kitchen and took our orders (no waiter). His cooking skills were excellent, but his command of the menu was lacking, getting both my husband's wine choice and my meal order wrong. We nonetheless had breakfast there (twice!). My husband's homemade corned beef hash was delicious, but the so-called fresh eggs were clearly powdered. When the wait-staff appeared they were friendly and attentive, well-informed and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 16 reviews are from the 1890 at the Arcade reviews archive.
- excellent serviceceezDined on 5/11/2014I was a little disappointed in the variety for the Mother's Day brunch. The service and attention to detail made up for what the brunch lacked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mothers dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014great mothers day brunch. Not crazy busy so we were able to relax and enjoy our food. Also was pretty quiet so elderly mom's were able to hear the table conversation. All of our requests were responded to quickly. Had a great view of the arcade. The mom's enjoyed reminiscing about the history of the arcade. Would definitely return and recommend to others. Everyone enjoyed their meal, especially the salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner at the 1890penaltyKillDined on 5/9/2014service was fantastic, our server was wonderful. we split a pork shoulder quesadilla as an appetizer, delicious and I had the bit for an entree, very goodSpecial Features:
- Easter Brunch 2014calvin4funDined on 4/20/2014It was nice to go out for Easter wasn't sure where to go for a nice Brunch. Saw the Hyatt with its menu listed online. I had asked for a table out in the arcade however they seated us at a round table for 5 where all the traffic of people flowed through. It did not appear that there were many people in the restaurant too. The desserts were not good at all. Had slim amount of desserts.ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great timeWhattaLife22Dined on 4/20/2014We had Easter Brunch there and it was great. I was really happy with the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch 2014chuckmonkey44107Dined on 4/20/2014We thought we'd try something different this year by going out to brunch for Easter. It was great! I'm not one to eat roast beef very often, but when I saw my husband's I thought I'd try it. It was excellent. Our omelets were tasty too. My 5-year old was happy with the food as well as the visit from the Easter bunny. Nice place overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I was expecting more for an Easter Brunch. It seemed like a regular Sunday brunch at a hotel but nothing special about it, really. The servers were nice, but they were not very expedient at removing dishes from our table - which is not pleasant when the food is served buffet style and many plates are involved over the course of the meal. Offerings included muffins, croissants, scrambled eggs, bacon, chicken sausage, oatmeal, fresh fruit, roast beef with vegetables, desserts (tiramisu cake, cheesecake, apple crisp, blueberry torte + usual drinks. It was an 'ok' meal, but just like a regular sunday at a hotel would be.Special Features:
- Best Service I've ever had!Kirst149Dined on 4/20/2014My boyfriend and I were scrambling to find a place for Easter Brunch when I stumbled upon information regarding 1890 at the Arcade. We are both in sales and previously in customer service, so when I say their service was above outstanding, I really mean it. All members of the staff had a smile on their faces while constantly making sure we had everything that we needed. To be honest, I wasn't even sure who our actual waitress was because everyone worked together and checked in on us regularly. All day we told our friends and family how amazing our brunch was. It looks like we are going to be taking a much larger group with us again next year!Special Features:
- Group Dinner at The ArcadeBerylliumGuyDined on 4/10/2014We had a group of 8 diners at 1890 at The Arcade, and it was great. We were initially disappointed that the all-you-can-eat prime rib on Thursdays has disappeared, but the restaurant still did a very good job of taking care of our group. The view of The Arcade itself is beautiful, so even though it was a very cold night in Cleveland, we were able to enjoy a nice dinner, with excellent service, and very nice ambience. I will definitely consider it again for a group dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Patrick's Day FunjohnDined on 3/17/2014Corned Beef aaas very good. The great part also were the people serving and greeting. Very friendly-enjoyable experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- 1890 has been our "secretJensMomVIPDined on 3/14/20141890 has been our "secret escape" place for lunch for quite some time. Great place to catch up with friends; don't know why it is not busier during lunch; ideal mid-town location. New menu is great - something for all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save yourself!CledinerDined on 2/28/2014We watched the chef pour most of the food from GFS bags. The wait for our food was ridiculous considering there were only 2 other tables. The server told us that the kitchen was backed up when I could clearly see the "chef" refilling his coffee and chatting with the staff. The food was cold when we got it, in fact the mousse was still frozen.
- Delicious brunchCleEatsDined on 11/16/2013I had the omelet with kielbasi in it - delish! My husband's breakfast burrito was decent, if a little bland. Excellent bloody mary's, and topnotch service!Special Features:
- dinner outluv2dineDined on 10/10/2013Our food, service were very good and prompt. Everything was hot and generous portions. We had drinks in the bar before going into the restaurant and the service was excellent with a nice view down through the Arcade.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clean, quiet, and friendlyvellenwDined on 10/4/2013Most of the restaurants in this area are very noisy - we were happy to find the 1890 - which is in the famous Arcade of Cleveland - and is relatively quite. The menu is rather limited - we were there for dinner and it was more of a lunch menu. I tried the homemade garlic parmesan chips with my burger - they looked wonderful and were uneatable. There were 8 of us and everyone wanted to try them - no one could get beyond a bite - too salty. The buger was good and served with a horseradish sauce and onion relish - excellent. Two in our party had the chicken with peas and gnocchi and found the gnocchi very gooey - left most on the plate. One had the salmon and raved about it. For us it was a good time to be together, the service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Service needs helpstamandVIPDined on 10/4/2013Dined here with two friends from out of town and the husband. We were first ones in the restaurant. I ordered a bottle of wine and waited.... server came back without wine and said they didn't have one chilled. When she FINALLY brought the bottle it was the wrong one! When the one I wanted finally was brought it was well chilled and you could tell she was very inexperienced in opening it. She definetely lost on a second bottle sale. Three of us did the make our own salads which were very good and generous portions.