Yellow House Cafe
For a closer look please visit us @yellowhousecafela on Instagram and Facebook.
- Surfaces sanitized between seatings
- Contactless payment available
- Waitstaff wear masks
Loved this restaurant! The patio area is so charming! Really enjoyed our delicious lunch and will be back!
Had to press the door bell 20x to get a server to come .
We had a reservation for our party of nine, and one of us was a vegetarian. The first server could not understand us when we asked which items on the menu were vegetarian. He was disgruntled by our questions and we could not understand each other. We asked for a different server. A different server came to attend the table. We ordered. Over the next 50 minutes different items of the order were very slowly brought to our table with no pattern or explanation. Two items, considered appetizers and definitely easier to prepare were brought last. We were directed to ring the bell on the table when we needed service and we were wanting to know about the timing of our order. There was slow or no responsiveness to this bell. None of the food was anything special or more than ordinary, nor did any item make up for the incredibly slow pace and lax service. We rang the bell to get our check and no one brought it. We got up to leave and pay on our way out and a service fee had been included on our bill, really.
It was my first time visiting Yellow House and the food was delicious! It was such a nice setting to enjoy lunch. Our server Danny was very kind and gave great customer service as well. Will definitely be coming back again to try different dishes!
The service was horrible. They charged us for an extra dish we never got. It took me 4 times to call them until they payed me back. As we were a group of 6 you automatically pay 18% tip. This was not worth it as the service was terrible. We were freezing and asked for a heater, they told us there were no heaters available however, there were 2 heaters not being used. I do not recommend.
1. Valet was not there when they said only Valet parking. WE had to look for the Valet person or risk parking and then get disrupted during dinner. Someone from the kitchen staff came out stating that they didn't have a valet person on Monday just for the parking valet to come and get the keys from my husband which was a bit alarming.
2. We ordered the sampler appetizer, EVERYTHING was over fried EVERYTHING..and it came very last for an order yet it was an appetizer sampler.
3. The orders came in individually vs together, so we had to wait for the orders to all eat at the same time. Each order wasn't to par from a previous visit we had and this was highly disappointing consider it was a birthday dinner and we don't go out much since COVID.
4. The place was somewhat empty on a Monday but when we asked if we can sit in a different location they told us we had to sit together in a section, realizing they just didn't want to have to go from one side to another and it made their jobs easier vs making our experience memorable.
5. No one greeted us in the front so WHY DID I even need to reserve seating. Again a kitchen staff had to come out to greet and seat us. The server looked like he had other things on his mind and in fact was scolding the kitchen staff as we were walking out.
Loved everything about it.
It was so good!!! My sister really wanted to get Korean food while we were in town and I’m so happy we went here—its super cute and the food was so yummy. I got the kimchi udon which I pretended was vegetarian (I think it had fish oil but I didn’t ask) and she got the Korean bbq hot pot, so yummy! Oh and the drinks are so good!
Delicious !! Our only complaint is that we were placed outside but the strong smell of cigarette smoke wafted over the fence during our meal.
Very good pasta - will def be back!
Entrees were tasty. Would definitely come back to try other
entrees on the menu.
Already recommended this to my friends in the area. Great food, and service was great. The environment is amazing, although we realized the plants were not real which was a bummer. Portions were great size and plenty of options.
I ordered the kimchi pasta, which was really good. However, the spam musubi and the Yellow House sampler were not good. It tasted like what you would get at the ready to eat food at the grocery store (didn’t taste fresh). :( My friend and I got hot drinks too, but my friend’s latte was room temperature when it came and we had to send it back and it took so long before it came back.
The service was outstanding though! Our server was really attentive and every time we rang the bell to ask for things, the staff was very responsive.
I went for my birthday and called in advance to make sure my party of 11 had private seating. The staff assured me that we'd be in a private room, but when I got there, we were seated in the back room with several other tables.
There were buttons to press to call the staff, but they never came. We had been pressing the buttons all night for drink refills and other things, but not once did anyone come by. My boyfriend had to get up each time to find the staff. We were done with our meal, but had to wait a while for our checks despite hearing the bell go off after pressing the button. When my boyfriend alerted them, they frantically came by and ripped the buttons off the wall, claiming they didn't work.
The food was alright, not phenomenal.
In all, I would avoid this place. It really set a damper on my birthday night.
Haven’t been here for awhile ( since pandemic) but this place is always our favorite ( husband and I). Staff were patience, of course the food is good as always and the patio is really nice. Thanks to our server last night for putting us to the patio ( initially he said it’s for 2 guests only and we’re 4). Thank you!!! Appreciate your kindness and patience with us. For sure, we’re coming back!
It smelled like trash. We sat at a table and it took so long to see a wait person.. so we left given the horrible smell.
Surprisingly big inside. Loved the decor. Can come here on a date night for coffee/dessert or with family for dinner. Service was really polite and accommodating. Food and dessert was delicious and interesting! If traveling on a Saturday night be prepared for traffic and difficult parking, but luckily they have $3 valet which made it stressfree for my mom. Overall a great experience!!
Had dinner with my girlfriend and it was beyond my expectations. We had a strawberry lemonade and blueberry jasmine tea for drinks. Both drinks were delicious! Then our food came out: Hamburger steak and Yellow House combo. Honestly the meal I've had in a long time; everything was fire! If you like spicy, I'd definitely recommend. We finished our food journey with some shaved ice which was the perfect end to this summer night romantic dinner. Highly recommend!
Interesting and innovative new menu. A nice place to take a break from it all - guess why I keep going back. Keep up the good work.
Second time here, and the verdict is the same. I won't be a regular here because of the service and the fact that they will allow people to smoke on the patio area (which is most of the seating there as far as I can tell).
The Yellow House is quite unique. I would return to this restaurant even though there were a few things that weren't so pleasant but tolerable.
1. They were not able to readily find our reservation. In the end, we were seated in a study room. It is quite uncomfortable to speak freely when there are people who are trying to study.
2. They allowed smoking in the outside area which is disturbing for other guests.
3. Our waitress was in such a hurry that she kept on disrupting us while we ordered.
4. The waiters didn't clear our table even after several additional orders. Our plates continued to pile up on our table. They only took everything away after we handed them the card.
Valet parking is great at $2. The food w
This place is a real find, a very cozy place for friends and family. The food is great and the tea selection is even better. It's a great place to relax and unwind. Been trying different items on the menu and haven't been disappointed yet. I'll be back for more.
This is a wonderful oasis in the middle of the city. Once inside, you feel like you are in a story book garden - a great place for kids or just to relax with tea. They have an interesting variety of food and everything we tried from the noodles to the stews were great. I was especially surprised at the selection of medicinal teas - not everyone has these readily available. I'd go back just for that.
You can order delivery directly from Yellow House Cafe using the Order Online button. Yellow House Cafe also offers delivery in partnership with Postmates and Uber Eats. Yellow House Cafe also offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (213) 365-0820.
Yellow House Cafe is rated 4.3 stars by 23 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.