VERY DISAPPOINTED in the meal my Mother and I had last night! I've been to Timpano before and it was excellent. Not sure why the staff were so off their game last night? Waited 2 months to take Mother there as she's visiting from NJ.
* Had to ask for our waiter to approach our table after we had been sitting there for 10min.
* Our waiter was very unobservant. I hadn't any silverware for quite sometime so grabbed it off the table behind me.
* We were not asked if we needed anything. Had to keep asking ourselves for the waiter to please go get.
* The $17 4 shrimp cocktail were beyond tough and no lemon came with the dish. (strange)
* Mothers scallops were mushy and were not seared properly.
* Waiter had a bit of an attitude after I sent my over priced steak back to the kitchen.
* My 1st $50 bone in rib-eye came over cooked and tough. Hard to cut with their steak knife.
* Polenta and asparagus came cold along with the scallops.
* Refilling of water went unnoticed as did removing the dirty dishes off our table.
* Noise level was insane.
* Everything came over salted.
* Had to ask the manager to come over. After first issue, he should have arrived on his own.
* Appreciated the 22% discount off the bill, but it really was not about the money. Drove over an hour to get there and we expected a great meal.
* Didn't appreciate the disagreeing attitude of the waiter about my steak being tough. I'm telling you it is and that should be the end of it!
* Wine suggestions were not made to accompany our meals.
Crossing this one off my list....
Cocktail good, mussels always excellent, entre was ok( scallops not very large or seared enough. The grain dish was fair as it was not creamy and was very dry,
We will be sorry to see to see them leave our area.
One of our favorite places for a peaceful civilized dinner with good background music and good food. The pan-roasted mussels are not to be missed. Unfortunately at our most-recent visit we were told that 12/31/16 would be their last day. They will be missed!!
Pro- great cocktail and wine/scotch menu - one of the main reasons I booked was my husband LOVES single malt scotch and the dinner was for his birthday. Husband also enjoyed live band who did jazzy cover songs mainly.
Con - for one glass of wine one mixed cocktail one salad (me) one calamari (him) two dishes of chicken and pasta and two slices of cake with tip we paid $150.... was quality of food comparable to Olive Garden or Bennigans - in other words they charge and market (and decorate dining room) like a high end typical steak house but food lacks!! Staff inform us they are closing in a few days - no mystery why
Paid waitress for extra meatballs to go with my take home bag,no meatballs ?
We have had a long time tradition of having Christmas Day dinner at Timpano's. It is always festive, offering great menu selections and quality food, drink, and service. This year matched all of the previous experiences, but with one sad note -- Timpano's lease expires on Dec. 31 and they will be closing the doors! We are sorry to see you go!
Sorry to see it close!
I had a great time eating and chatting with my family! Good food and drinks! It was a busy night so putting water in the cups were not as often as it should have happened!
Food was excellent but the service was spotty. Wine came well after the main course And as early as we were they were out of asparagus. I would recommend it with definite reservations
Food, drinks and service are excellent. Restaurant has a warm and inviting atmosphere. Staff is wonderful and helpful. This is my favorite place to eat.