I'm usually not a stickler for service as long as the food is good. But the service here is proactively smug and incompetent, undermining any potentially redeeming qualities of the food and admittedly good coffee and desserts.
1. Waited 15 minutes for table at brunch despite a reservation and plenty of empty tables.
2. Food was taking awhile so I ask our long haired mustachioed waiter (Fabio) if he could bring out our scones and toast first. His response: "I told you you should have ordered the bread basket."
3. Tables were so rickety our coffee was spilling all over the place.
4. They didn't have pork sausage or their house made English muffins -- during brunch.
5. I order the Full English. They offer to sub lamb bacon for pork sausage and forget the lamb bacon. One waiter offers to cancel the lamb bacon from our bill rather than bring it out. Huh?
Two waiters and a manager later, I get my lamb bacon.
I tell the host and Fabio that it's a birthday and they agree to bring out a few desserts with a candle as a surprise. They totally forget (or worse, maybe they didn't), clear our table, and bring out dessert menus. I remind a different waiter (Fabio abandoned us after the bread basket exchange) who has no clue what's going on. Finally, they bring out the desserts, but one at a time before the actual cake with the candle arrives. So much for the surprise, and of course, no apology.
We all shook our heads and laughed because, well, the service here is just that -- a joke.