A friend suggested we try Slanted Door a few years ago. Being from Canada, I was eagerly awaiting the opportunity to get to San Fran and try out this famed eatery. So, four years later on a one day trip o the Bay area, I made a reso for two (a month in advance and could only get a 9:30 reso on a Wednesday!!!)...
- a stunning view by the waterfront
- great ambience and subtle, but fitting interior decor
- a waiter who was helpful, attentive but not intrusive. He guided our meal selection with honesty and promptly sent the sommelier to our table to discuss wine options based on what we had selected from the menu.
-the sommelier was unassuming, friendly and approachable. He provided a few options based on our preferences and budget.
- the food was sensational; the scallops were like WHOAH good, but everything was drool-worthy.
-the bill was a little more than we usually would have paid, but it was worth every penny.
- dessert was equally delicious and, even though we left with full tummies, we wanted more!
Will DEFINITELY be back.