- DBDavidBSouth Carolina •2 reviews5.0Dined 2 days agoImmediately as we entered we were warmly welcomed both verbally and through the amazing aromas and atmosphere. Stephanie was incredible as our server, knew every menu detail with precision, but not too much information as to overwhelm. The food and beverages were incredible! We no longer live in Columbia and haven't been for almost two decades, but we will never wait that long to go back. AMAZING EXPERIENCE!More infoMotor Supply Company BistroPrice: Moderate• Contemporary American• Columbia•4.6
- PSPeterSSouth Carolina •3 reviews4.0Dined 4 days agoGood food, too much of a draft where we were sitting, need to keep the back door closed.More infoBlue MarlinPrice: Moderate• Low Country• Columbia•4.5
- JKJohnKSan Francisco Bay Area •3 reviews5.0Dined 4 days agoI have heart disease and must limit certain foods. I therefore have steak, specifically ribeye, no more than twice a year. I had the ribeye last night and it was done perfectly (very rare). The accompanying mushrooms, glazed onions and potatoes were excellent. The asparagus was very good, but some additional trimming of the lower part of the stalk would have made it better. My wife felt her scallop dish was excellent, but having tasted my steak she said she would order that next time. I cannot say enough about how good our server, Greg, was. He seemed to know exactly when we might want attention. He was engaging and very pleasant. He helped make our special evening even more enjoyable.More infoSaluda'sPrice: Moderate• American• Columbia•4.8
- OTOpenTable DinerSouth Carolina •1 review5.0Dined 7 days agoExcellent service, outstanding food well presented and unique venue. Always top notch!More infoMill Pond SteakhousePrice: Expensive• Steak• Rembert•4.9
- MBMisterBVirginia •3 reviews5.0Dined on Jan 1, 2023Absolutely superb! What a wonderful experience! The staff was so polite! We will definitely be back.More infoCalifornia Dreaming-ColumbiaPrice: Moderate• American• Columbia•4.4
11 stellar special-occasion restaurants in Charleston
Charleston’s got a celebratory soul, and food is practically a religion here. Which explains why its special-occasion restaurants are forces to be reckoned with. While many of its most festive restaurants are in its historic downtown, surrounded by views of horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, others are on some of the smaller islands, complete with stunning coastal views. Whether you’re ringing in a birthday, anniversary, promotion, or simply just because, the city’s thriving restaurant scene has the ideal spot. Read on for a guide to 11 special-occasion worthy restaurants in Charleston to book now.
The best places to grab a drink in Charleston
Charleston’s best bars range from high-end cocktail lounges to charming wine bars and tried-and-true neighborhood escapes.
Charleston’s 9 best outdoor dining setups
Charleston’s best restaurants for outdoor dining come with breathtaking views, scenic streetside tables, and charming patios.
Charleston’s 8 Greatest Restaurants
Together, these old and new restaurants offer a snapshot of the best of Charleston dining right now.
8 romantic restaurants in Charleston for every kind of date
Romance fills Charleston’s cobblestone streets, candlelit verandas, and fiery sunsets. That signature Lowcountry charm also distinguishes the city’s best date-night restaurants. At an oyster bar on King Street, window seats and fried fish baskets take the edge off first-date jitters. For a transportive evening complete with lamb kebabs and anise cocktails, couples hit one of the area’s only Lebanese restaurants. A classic steakhouse in a restored bank makes an elegant backdrop for an unforgettable proposal. There’s a table for every kind of date night in one of the South’s most scenic cities. Read on for a guide to 8 Charleston restaurants ready to host your next romantic occasion.
6 New Restaurants to Book in Charleston This Spring
What defines Southern hospitality more than a steaming communal table of Lowcountry boil or shrimp and grits? While those standbys, fueled by the bounty of the surrounding creeks and rivers, still form the soul of Charleston dining, the Holy City is expanding its culinary universe. These new restaurants, ranging from the city’s only food hall to an Indian fusion restaurant, pay tribute to Charleston’s history while increasing its global appeal.
Also known as the "Gamecock City", Sumter is centrally located in South Carolina and offers numerous locally owned dining establishments. Chefs in Sumter feature the cuisine of the Southeastern United States on many of their menus, and its soul-food fusion restaurants and barbecue joints are regionally well-known. Traditional cafes and family-friendly American eateries abound for those looking for burgers and sandwiches with a Southern flair. With its relatively close proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, it's not difficult to find fresh seafood on the menu in a locale with a casual atmosphere or in one the region's fine-dining establishments. The lively downtown district is home to several different styles of restaurants and will appeal to those seeking international flavors at one of the neighborhood's Mexican or Asian restaurants.
- Iris Gardens
- Westmark Plaza Shopping Center
- Little League Park
- Econo Lodge Santee
- Williams Brice Museum
- Shaw Air Force Base
- Green Park
- Sumter Square Shopping Center
- Comfort Suites Sumter
- Jenkins Center
- Days Inn Manning
- Riley Field
- Quality Inn Sumter
- Pocalla Springs Golf Course
- Jessamine Mall Shopping Center
- Palmetto Plaza Shopping Center
- Julia Lester Dillon Park
- Motel 6 - Sumter
- Quality Inn Manning
- Savannah Plaza Shopping Center