This includes info about cleaning, sanitizing, social distancing, and usage of personal protective equipment. Learn more.
- Surfaces sanitized between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitized menu provided
- Sanitizer or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Sealed or wrapped utensils used
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Waitstaff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
Thank goodness Violets is open with outside dining. Their food is amazing and they are strict with COVID rules. Plenty of heat lamps and outside dining. LOVE IT!!!
I love this place. Staff is great, food delicious, cocktails always perfect and I love the outdoor area they created.
Impeccable service and really kind staff. Cocktails are delicious and everything felt safe and thoughtful.
The dinner was really nice and there was a warm heater above my table. I enjoyed being able to get out to a restaurant and eat there, and they took the health screening and precautions very seriously. I appreciated the meal and hope to come back soon
The food and drinks are amazing! The staff is very attentive and super nice/friendly!
They are taking the appropriate steps to limit risk of COVID spread which is greatly appreciated! Definitely recommend this spot if your looking for a safe dining experience during COVID.
Happy to report this was great Covid dining. I was SUPER impressed with the warm olives, grilled squid and Halibut. The outdoor tables and lights were utilitarian, did the trick but nothing too festive or vibey. Service, Food and cocktails were the standouts. Don’t forget to tip generously folks! It’s an absolute privilege to have great food and dining right now, don’t ruin it by being stingy ;)
Risotto and halibut were good but we were rushed to eat and asked to leave early because another party was waiting. We had only been there 1-1.5 hours. Don't recommend if you want a leisurely dining experience.
ambience and noise are not applicable, since it was outdoor dining. i ordered the fisherman's stew and ny friend ordered the fried chicken, the portions were small and i didn't get full. the broth was tasty, but there was only a decent sized slab of the cod, and a handful of small clams and mussels. the fried chicken were only a thigh, a drumstick and a drummette, no breast, and small pieces. my friend hated the sauce that came with it. for $26 for each entree, not a good value.
Seating was outdoor because of the pandemic and Violet's took all the necessary precautions to keep everybody safe. Food, as usual, was very good and service was exemplary. The seating was well spaced and heaters were turned on later when it got slightly cool.
Had a great time! Thank you for the hospitality and patience with my crew for our friends birthday!
Great food with amazing service and incredible cocktails.
The food was average. The service was slow and apathethic. The outdoor venue was pleasant.
Back to school dinner
We had dinner at Violet's on Monday, which was our first meal at a restaurant since the start of the pandemic. They've taken great measures to make everything as safe as possible; we were seated at a table outside near the door, with no other tables near us and very little foot traffic. The menus were online and the servers wore masks the entire time and kept as far from us as they could. The food was delicious as always (Violet's is one of our favorite neighborhood spots!) and it felt like such a treat to be able to enjoy a meal out again.
Oh the joys of outdoor dining during Corona. Waitstaff very accommodating and efficient. Tables were spaced nicely. The pole bean appetizer was unique and delicious. Fried chicken main course was crunchy, served with hot sauce and delicious potato sale. Highly recommended.
A great date night. The staff was very friendly and professional and the food was delicious! Our first time dining outdoors since quarantine and Violet’s made us feel comfortable and took all necessary precautions. Definitely recommend.
Violet's created a whimsical outdoor space on the corner of 24th and Clement, complete with warm, radiant heat lamps. It was a lovely setting for a delicious meal. I thoroughly enjoyed my peach salad and fried chicken dinner and got to nibble on my boyfriend's elote and Impossible burger, which were equally good. The staff was respectful and attentive. They are doing a great job with masks, sanitation, and adapting to the pandemic.
The cocktails were great and we really loved the wings and the olives. They've got a great set up with outdoor dining right now!
While the food overall is good, our issues started initially with the seating.
1. Given the neighborhood parking is always tight, so I dropped my wife and 5 year old daughter off while I looked for a place to park. They refused to seat them until our "entire party" had arrived. This is a ridiculous policy for reservations at 5pm when almost every table was empty. We saw them do this to countless people. Why don't you seat impartial parties and let them get their drink orders in, this has the potential to increase your ticket average with additional drink and appetizer sales.
2. We were not given any water although we had requested it and they brought out our cocktails that we had ordered. For our daughter we requested a half glass of cranberry juice and sparkling water, our "server" literally brought out maybe 1oz of cranberry juice so we had to kindly request more.
3. We ordered some appetizers (elote and fries), both were delicious. When we ordered entrees we asked if there was any protein we could add to the salad and were simply told "we don't have that", we were not given alternatives or other options, just that it couldn't be done. Again, a great way to increase your ticket average.
4. Entrees were mac n cheese for our daughter, it was super good! My wife and I shared the grilled peach salad which was really good except for the odd choice to add super hot peppers (we like spicy) but it really didn't go well with the over flavor profile of the salad. We also orders the summer corn risotto, the flavors are fantastic, but it was super runny. It came out more like a porridge than a risotto and really could have been tightened up a bit.
Overall the experience was mediocre at best, there service was lackluster and the food sits solidly at 3 stars. Also, the bartender is super rude and short and doesn't belong in the service industry.
Waiter saw garbage and trash on the street next to the outdoor tables and just left it there.
No real greeting upon arrival.
Burgers were very good, cocktails was lackluster. Stone fruit salad had microscopic stone fruit on it and tasted like it came out of a supermarket salad bag.
Awesome. Food was fantastic and the entire experience was great. Highly recommend a night out b at Violet’s.
Great outdoor seating with heaters. Helpful staff and great service. The food was delicious and so were the drinks.
Food was good, service was good. Nothing to complain about, solid job.
Great night out on a beautiful evening! We enjoyed every minute and more importantly, every bite.
We liked that they were being very conscientious during the shelter-in-place in terms of cleanliness.
Great service and great food. I definitely will be coming back. I had the impossible burger with some french fries while my friends had the fried chicken. They were delicious. We also had the elote (corn), which was sweet, tender, and perfectly juicy.
Dined outside for the first time since March and had a wonderful experience at Violet's. Really nice tables outside with a lot of space between diners. Great food, great cocktails and super kind and friendly servers. Felt very safe. Would love to return!
Good was great and service was incredible. They did a great job, especially in light of current circumstances. Highly recommend the burger!!!
Food was very good, service was just OK. Had a reservation but still waited 35 minutes to get a table, and they never brought water.
Best outdoor dining experience so far. We felt very clean and safe, definitely far enough away from other tables and the staff was very responsible. Appreciated the fact that each table is close enough to a heater if needed, since the fog can make it pretty cold out in the avenues! The food was delicious. We loved the in house only fried pole beans and really liked the fun cocktails. Thanks for an awesome date night!
Good food, cocktails are okay!
First time visiting this restaurant! We heard it from our daughter who was here with friends. Delicious burger & draft beer. We shall return.
Great neighborhood spot. Updated classics and excellent cocktails.
The food is excellent quality and the service was very good. The only drawback is that it is difficult to find parking in the area.
Friends, cocktails, wings, burger!
Good cocktails and appetizers. Chicken wings were very good. Food is moderately priced. Some plates were good like the salad but some are just OK like the cioppino.
food is very good, but drink portions and some entrees are a bit small.
Violet’s does offer delivery in partnership with Caviar and Postmates. Violet’s also offers takeout which you can order by calling the restaurant at (415) 682-4861.
Violet’s is rated 4.6 stars by 237 OpenTable diners.
Violet’s does offer gift cards which you can purchase here https://onelink.quickgifts.com/merchant/violets-tavern-san-francisco/.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.