Situated on the corner of New Road, the Birdcage is opposite Brixham Theatre and sits right at the heart of the local community.
Formerly known as the Bolton Hotel, the pub occupies a Grade II listed building and has been on the site since the 19th Century
- Surfaces sanitized between seatings
- Common areas deep cleaned daily
- Digital, disposable or sanitized menu provided
- Sanitizer or wipes provided for customers
- Contactless payment available
- Limited number of seated diners
- Distancing maintained in common areas
- Extra space between tables
- Waitstaff wear masks
- Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking
- Sick staff prohibited in the workplace
- Contact tracing information collected
This is normally our go to place for Sunday lunch, but yesterday was a disappointment. The plates were cold so our food got cold before we could finish it and the red cabbage and carrots were only lukewarm when they arrived. Added to that my beef was full of gristle and inedible. I did bring this up with the waitress at the time, and asked her to pass it on to the kitchen staff.
they over sold themselves, we went there expecting a gastro pub, it it's just a decent pub. Not great, not bad. if you're hungry and need a drink its fine, but not a gastroenterologist's delight.
Lovely place and staff
Fabulous as always, we have been coming here for Sunday lunch since it opened (with a gap for Covid) . Plenty of really good food and excellent table service.
Fantastic all round
Loverly evening good value
Wonderful staff, so friendly and accommodating. The food all be it a small menu (for Covid reasons) was wonderful and the home made chips are unbelievable.
Fantastic service, delicious food! We were very impressed.
Excellent food and service. Good choice of meals and staff really friendly. Highly recommended.
The Birdcage is rated 4.4 stars by 8 OpenTable diners.
Yes, you can generally book this restaurant by choosing the date, time and party size on OpenTable. Due to local restrictions, this restaurant may not be accepting reservations at the moment.