Still great but not as good as before. The tilefish and quail superb; the duck quite ordinary and the smoked trout "mousse," really a pate, tasted like a deli purchase. All list as "large entrees" we're about 10 percent above Asheville prices. All were $30 and up. $32 for duck?! No.
1. Delicious fried oysters with a delectable, nearly whipped remoulade should have included lemon wedges on the plate.
2. The Brussels sprouts were very good, even Moreno, cold, the next day. (And if I brought food home, you can conclude that the portions are not too small.)
3. Trout was cooked perfectly; it was served in a bowl of clam chowder including clams in the shell--this was very pretty and delicious, but the diced potatoes were almost flavorless. They shouldn't be in there merely for texture.
4. I simply did not have the jaw strength to masticate the rather large leaves of Swiss chard.
5. Dessert menu did not tempt us, though we were open to it.
6. It all ended on a rather sad note, meal-wise, when a tepid cup of coffee was served.
Awesome dinner and great service. Funky atmosphere - in a good way.
Fantastic menu with even better service. This is a very chill spot in West Asheville that my wife and I will now be putting into our rotation when we visit. Make reservations now!
An Ashevile "landmark"... low-slung, funky, old, painted diamond-patterned structure on busy street with consistently delicious, creatively envisioned and prepared food. Croque Madame an unusual offering, and so delicious! Pair it (or a steak/chop) with the arugula salad. Cheese board is a super starter. Not much elbow room inside because it's a small place, but clientele is adult and conversation is easy. Always booked, so call far ahead for a reservation.
Absolutely fabulous food! Very small dining area, open kitchen, so noisy. We would go again if we visit Asheville again!
The Admiral is one of my two favorite restaurants in Asheville. The food is outstanding--both full entrees and choices of small plates. It is always a pleasure to recommend this restaurant to friends and acquaintances--and then to hear them rave after taking the advice. The staff is well trained, attentive, and helpful in describing menu changes.
GREAT, AS USUAL.
Food was excellent as usual, kind of a dive bar look on the outside but always has great food.
Everyone should give the Admiral a try. Reserve early or you won't get in
Wonderful server with amazing personality ! Food was great.