This dining week menu is a little bit salty but it is good enough to fill up.
Food was ok this time. Good location close to arena. Quick service.
Excellent meal, friendly service, excellent location and fun to watch arena guests eat burgers and fries when the other food is exceptional.
Good service at a busy time and nice place for a business lunch - a bit noisy for good conversation. The 'Peas on Earth' salad though was almost entirely kale - couldn't find a pea anywhere!
Good food. Inventive dishes. Good friendly service.
Fast service, made for a very short dining experience.
Raymond and the rest of the staff were friendly and very accommodating and attentive. The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxing, and the lighting perfect. Being able to see outside at the hussel and bussel of rush hour pedestrians was interesting. The food we had was above average, although a touch pricey (it was Valentines Day) for us, we are retired and on a very fixed income. But, we had a very special time at your restaurant. We will definitely try to come back.
I was disappointed with the level of service, quality of food, etc. during a recent dining experience after having enjoyed so many great meals at this restaurant in the past. They've really lowered the bar, sadly.
This is a great restaurant. The butter chicken is super yummy and the ambience lovely. Our waiter was attentive and our meals brought to us in good time. We'll definitely be back!
very enjoyable and great service....would visit again
We were disappointed to find brunch was not available on Saturday, Jan 28th/17. The brunch menu is one of the best at Riz and needless to say, not the best experience that we had to choose an alternative to our poached eggs and toast.
The service is always very good at Riz and just wonder if the restaurant is trying to get rid of the brunch menu altogether. There will be a few customers lost if this is the case.
Great meal at Riz, the manager came by and visited - very professional and courteous. Great place!
Everyone enjoyed their entrees very much.
The service was attentive but not too much.
Very good experience.
The Riz never fails to please us. Great and friendly service. Waiters have a good attitude and are open to small adjustments for a dish. They are always nearby and you never see them. Just the right level of attention.
Happy hour specials are not available in the dining room so we had to move to the lounge (a couple of steps away) to avail of those prices which didn't really make sense!
1) Apparently if you sit in the dining room, you're not allowed to partake of the happy hour promos.
2) The dining room waitress was less than gracious, just walking off on us when we were deciding whether to move to the bar area so that we could enjoy the happy hour promos... obviously we then decided to make the move since it was pretty clear we wouldn't receive good service in the dining area anyway.
3) The "small plates" (i.e. appetizers) were abysmal. I would never order any of them again. We were so relieved that they were happy hour promos & didn't end up paying full price for them.
1) Close to Rogers Place with complimentary parking, and a relatively speedy kitchen so great for eating before an event.
2) One of the off-service staff was super-attentive and helped us out when she noticed we didn't have menus while the bartender was busy.
2) Bartender was super-friendly, attentive & accommodating, allowing us to stay and chat while he cleaned up.
3) After very lacklustre appetizers, we decided to share a main, and chose the beef short ribs... this was actually quite lovely, tender & flavorful. The following desserts weren't amazing but were fairly decent... however, it was lovely that they gifted us with one as we were celebrating.
Pleasantly surprised by the good food. I had the cashew chicken and my friend had the chicken panini. We were both happy with our lunch. Server was a bit awkward but was trying his best. Will come back for sure. Oh and the place itself is beautiful with great decor.
Food was not anything special. They are trying to reach quite literally All Asian Cuisines in one place put it makes everything kind of washed out and not great. And although you walk through a hall full of wine bottles, they dont have any decent wine on there list. It wasn't overly busy and appy's were ordered 1st but entrees were attempted to be brought out 1st then returned to the kitchen so our appy's could be served. Need less to say I will not be returning anytime soon
We were a little rushed for time as we were heading to a movie. Server was very good and the food came very quickly, and was delicious.
We had a pleasant experience but there was nothing outstanding about the meal or the evening. We were surprised by the apparent urgency for the waitress to remove plates when each person had finished their meal - it was almost intrusive.